Author Topic: $LAVE SKATEBOARDS  (Read 37186 times)

Stand and Deliver

Re: $LAVE SKATEBOARDS
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2007, 09:08:48 PM »
^^^^ 10 posts.  All about Mr. Jamie Thomas' religious views.  Looks like he has himself a bit of a stalker.

lightglobe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2007, 09:13:59 PM »
11 posts about Calvary Chapel yes. A pathetic attempt to discredit someone based simply on how many times they post doesn't make my points less valid.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:27:58 PM by lightglobe »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
its always hargo with the religion, always.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

sundaybottle

• Rep: -8
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
11 posts about Calvary Chapel yes. A pathetic attempt to discredit someone based simply on how many times they post doesn't make my points less valid.

Does 'lightglobe' refer to the fact that you are a person of great ideas? If so, what we have here is not a "failure to communicate" (Gunners!!!), but rather a "contradiction in terms".

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »
How isn't he his church in this instance? He has said he doesn't support the use of embryos, and his church lobbies aggressively against embryonic stem cell research. They appear to be perfectly in sync.

Hitler liked to paint. I like to paint. Hitler liked puppies. I like puppies.

Yet somehow, I'm not a Nazi.

All I'm saying is that Jamie's faith is is own, and if someone wants to ask him about it or challenge him on religious or political issues, then start a thread about it... but let's just try to make it a habit of not turning every thread he posts in into that particular subject. I'm not stopping anyone from doing so, but it's just absurd to harp on him about it in this thread. Keep in mind, I'm 100% for embryonic stem cell research, but that subject alone could warrant a thread all of its own if it hasn't already.

lightglobe

« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2007, 10:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote
How isn't he his church in this instance? He has said he doesn't support the use of embryos, and his church lobbies aggressively against embryonic stem cell research. They appear to be perfectly in sync.
[close]

All I'm saying is that Jamie's faith is is own, and if someone wants to ask him about it or challenge him on religious or political issues, then start a thread about it... but let's just try to make it a habit of not turning every thread he posts in into that particular subject. I'm not stopping anyone from doing so, but it's just absurd to harp on him about it in this thread. Keep in mind, I'm 100% for embryonic stem cell research, but that subject alone could warrant a thread all of its own if it hasn't already.

That is an absurd characterization of the relationship between his views and those of his church, whose actions he has at least tacitly supported for years. He has attempted to absolve himself of any responsibility for his actions by claiming that although his views and the church are one and the same, and his church has worked tirelessly to prevent embryonic stem cell research, and he has enjoyed the years of the current status quo that his church in part helped to create, that he in fact has no position. Anyone else posting this garbage would be torn apart.

hargo

• Rep: -50
« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2007, 11:14:19 PM »
its always hargo with the religion, always.

he wasnt talking about me idiot. and as i just mentioned, i havent mentioned religion in the last 5 posts i made in this thread.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That is an absurd characterization of the relationship between his views and those of his church, whose actions he has at least tacitly supported for years. He has attempted to absolve himself of any responsibility for his actions by claiming that although his views and the church are one and the same, and his church has worked tirelessly to prevent embryonic stem cell research, and he has enjoyed the years of the current status quo that his church in part helped to create, that he in fact has no position. Anyone else posting this garbage would be torn apart.

...say whatever you want dude, your posts speak for themselves. The same tired accusations of you trying your damnedest to tie me to something you disagree with.
While you're at it, why don't you make me the scapegoat for everything wrong in the world, I don't mind, if it makes you feel better.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

imsocool!!!

• Rep: -66
  • /Users/nolanbarton/Desktop/Photo 184.gif
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
totally random but jamie i just saw the add for josh harmonys new shoe and wondered how long do you guys skate the shoes before you take the pictures
I jerked off everyday after school in the woods when I was about 8

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2007, 11:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Right, fine, you're talking about ideologies and I gave you a weak analogy... all I'm saying is that I don't want to run the risk of having every thread Jamie posts in get hammered down with all of this circular argument bullshit.

lightglobe

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2007, 12:01:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Right, fine, you're talking about ideologies and I gave you a weak analogy... all I'm saying is that I don't want to run the risk of having every thread Jamie posts in get hammered down with all of this circular argument bullshit.

My posts were pertinent to the thread, two posters specifically mentioned Calvary Chapel prior to my involvement. If you think it is circular for someone to attack a vague, nebulous denial then so be it but I am not out of line targeting any individual who supports such outrageous behavior or attempts to obscure their true involvement in said behavior.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »
When two people debate, and both of them have conviction, one being faith based, you immediately have an environment set for a series of circular arguments.

But whatever.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2007, 12:29:29 AM »
My posts were pertinent to the thread, two posters specifically mentioned Calvary Chapel prior to my involvement. If you think it is circular for someone to attack a vague, nebulous denial then so be it but I am not out of line targeting any individual who supports such outrageous behavior or attempts to obscure their true involvement in said behavior.

13 posts screaming the same thing.
Okay, lets sum this up, so you'll stop posting.
I go to a church that supports some crap you think sucks real bad, therefore the church sucks. I may or may not support the same crap, but regardless by affiliation and donations I suck real bad too.
Got it.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

lightglobe

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2007, 12:52:36 AM »
When two people debate, and both of them have conviction, one being faith based, you immediately have an environment set for a series of circular arguments.

But whatever.

I don't see how he has any conviction, he is only full of contradiction. He first claimed to have no position on embryonic stem cells then later belatedly claimed he wasn't "psyched" that they were used. He has spent years donating money, doing demos and supporting a church that strenuously attacks embryonic stem cell use but then tries to claim it has nothing to do with him. This has never been about faith, it is about someone who doesn't want to accept their responsibility in affecting real peoples lives. Real people like Lee Bender and countless others.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2007, 01:09:46 AM »
Expand Quote

But whatever.
[close]

I don't see how he has any conviction, he is only full of contradiction. He first claimed to have no position on embryonic stem cells then later belatedly claimed he wasn't "psyched" that they were used. He has spent years donating money, doing demos and supporting a church that strenuously attacks embryonic stem cell use but then tries to claim it has nothing to do with him. This has never been about faith, it is about someone who doesn't want to accept their responsibility in affecting real peoples lives. Real people like Lee Bender and countless others.

...4 out of 5 things wrong in the post above.
What's the matter, the summary wasn't enough?

imsocool!!!

« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »
HOLY SHIT
You guys talk so much shit on churches something starts as a skateboard thread ends up talking shit on people and religons
hargo, shut the hell up already and don't don't start this again
this topic is so messed up

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2007, 01:58:11 AM »
What's up Ada.....Hargo?

You like Modest Mouse.  Isaac Brock was accused of rape and he opted to settle out of court ($$$)
Since you like Modest Mouse I assume that you thus support rape?

Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

k-nutz

• Rep: 50
« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2007, 07:54:30 AM »

But whatever.

both are faith based.

lightglobe

« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2007, 08:40:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

But whatever.
[close]

[close]

...4 out of 5 things wrong in the post above.
What's the matter, the summary wasn't enough?

Don't be evasive, be specific. 4 out of 5, tell me which claims are wrong.

hargo

« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »
damn, thats an old picture.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
I don't see how he has any conviction, he is only full of contradiction.
Contradiction and conviction aren't mutually exclusive; its somewhat part of the human condition.

He first claimed to have no position on embryonic stem cells then later belatedly claimed he wasn't "psyched" that they were used.
I'm fully pro choice but am not "psyched" on abortion. It's a tragedy any way you slice it.

He has spent years donating money, doing demos and supporting a church that strenuously attacks embryonic stem cell use but then tries to claim it has nothing to do with him.
I never heard him say he has nothing to do with the church, he just says he's on the fence about stem cell research because he doesn't know enough. I'll probably vote Democrat in '08 and rep the party nominee but I'm sure I'll oppose their veiws on immigration reform. It's all about the big picture.

I'm on the same side of the fence as you on stem cell research but you sound like a prick. You're not furthering the cause...

hargo

« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2007, 09:32:10 AM »
HOLY SHIT
You guys talk so much shit on churches something starts as a skateboard thread ends up talking shit on people and religons

posts like this are worse than the ones you are referring to. and as i already said, i havent said shit about religion for ever.

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2007, 09:39:37 AM »
so anyways, slave skatebaords, pretty cool.

hargo

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »
mumford has always been sick.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »
Without question. He's one of those cats I'll fast-forward to.

imsocool!!!

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
HOLY SHIT
[close]

posts like this are worse than the ones you are referring to. and as i already said, i havent said shit about religion for ever.
thats a lie

actionjackson

« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2007, 11:05:45 AM »
something about the way his arms are when he skates bothers me
 other than that hes good in my book.

cow

• Rep: 3
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
I always liked Allie. I think his style is pretty unique and recognizable and I like how he actually does flips into frontside tails.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2007, 11:12:31 AM »
I'm a Mumford fan as well and he didn't sit right with me on Label. I was afraid it was a transition to the "legends" squad.

Someone a while back suggested moving Rattray over but I think that'd be a bad idea. He keeps the Zero team a little more well rounded and has cred with a lot folks who aren't Zero fans. Why would JT give that up?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2007, 11:13:05 AM »
mumford has a powerful style, like hes smashing shit in his mind while he skates. ive always been a fan.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES