Author Topic: Dickies are the best pants  (Read 20084 times)

2thick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Dickies are the best pants
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 01:44:38 PM »
Just ripped a quarter sized hole in the crotch area on a pair of black 874s that i bought only half a year back. Fastest ive ripped a pair ever, considering dickies last me for years usually. The quality aint what it once was.
I disagree, those sound like the ones from walmart

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:07 PM »
i hope not because i just ordered my first pair of 874s in years...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BraveUlysses

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Just ripped a quarter sized hole in the crotch area on a pair of black 874s that i bought only half a year back. Fastest ive ripped a pair ever, considering dickies last me for years usually. The quality aint what it once was.
[close]
I've almost exclusively bought the ones at walmart for 3 years now and they're still great quality. They fit great and I've only ripped the crotch on 1 pair. Not sure how people can have long lasting Dockers though, I think the crotch has ripped on every single pair of those I've had.

The Shogun

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
I only wear Dickies. They really are the best pants. Most skate clothing brands don't make 34 inch inseam, Dickies does. Their denim is cool as well. The jackets are sick too, pretty much all of Dickies stuff is sick. The clothes just last for how low the prices are.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Honestly I can't even remember, but they might've been. Aren't the ones from WalMart the same as the ones you get from anywhere else? I'm pretty sure they sell the same 874s you get anywhere else.

2thick

• Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Honestly I can't even remember, but they might've been. Aren't the ones from WalMart the same as the ones you get from anywhere else? I'm pretty sure they sell the same 874s you get anywhere else.
No, when I first bought dickies I went to Walmart and they were softer, thinner, and over all less durable. When you buy them from dickies themselves or basically any online store they are thicker, harder to break in, but more durable and overall better in my opinion.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
No, when I first bought dickies I went to Walmart and they were softer, thinner, and over all less durable. When you buy them from dickies themselves or basically any online store they are thicker, harder to break in, but more durable and overall better in my opinion.
You sure you weren't looking at the slim fit ones? The slim fit ones they sell at WalMart are thinner than the ones you get anywhere else, and they have a different logo on the back too. The 874s at WalMart have always looked and felt like the ones that they pretty much sell everywhere else. Next time you're at WalMart, take a gander.

2thick

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 02:43:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
You sure you weren't looking at the slim fit ones? The slim fit ones they sell at WalMart are thinner than the ones you get anywhere else, and they have a different logo on the back too. The 874s at WalMart have always looked and felt like the ones that they pretty much sell everywhere else. Next time you're at WalMart, take a gander.
I probably just got it wrong, my bad haha

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »
How are Red Kap pants? Anybody ever try them?

a bit looser I think. Much better quality, more durable. Don't feel like pajama pants after 10 months.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -286
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 11:59:36 PM »
I've never had a pair of dickies in my life, so please forgive my ingnorance, but do you guys rock them with the crease down the middle? Does the crease eventually go away? I swear I've seen guys rocking them both ways.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »
I've never had a pair of dickies in my life, so please forgive my ingnorance, but do you guys rock them with the crease down the middle? Does the crease eventually go away? I swear I've seen guys rocking them both ways.
Mine came with the crease. They've definitely uncreased over time, but the line is still there and might still be a little creased.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Mine came with the crease. They've definitely uncreased over time, but the line is still there and might still be a little creased.

crease stays forever, it just gets less stiff over time.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »
If you don't want a crease, soak them in half vinegar/half water. Then iorn out the crease. Wash them to get the vinegar smell out.
The vinegar will get the starch out that makes them so stiff, so you kinda have to soak them for awhile.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
I've had a few pairs now, all the skinny straight fit and not once did mine come with a crease

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 03:36:57 PM »
Cheers Slap Heads... But do I want the crease? Arughhh! First world problems right here.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 04:49:45 PM »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2015, 04:05:22 PM »
Any of you guys ever try a pair of 803s, i got some half price and they're taking some getting used too

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2015, 08:48:59 PM »
Any of you guys ever try a pair of 803s, i got some half price and they're taking some getting used too
Never even heard of 803s. Are they baggier than 874s or slimmer?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2015, 09:01:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Never even heard of 803s. Are they baggier than 874s or slimmer?

Haha oh man, they're slim skinny fits, much slimmer than 874s but not as bad as 801/811s ( i wear those too work)

The main thing about them that's bugging me after skating in them all day is the legs are ridiculously long for a 30x32 compared too other pairs i've had so cuffing them is kind of necessary so i don't look stupid

shark tits

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2015, 09:24:48 PM »
sartorial threads are the worst but i feel as a longtime dickies wearer i should clear something up. there's a newer weaker kind of dickies someone mentioned that are thinner. you can tell by the belt loops, old school crease forever worker man's pants that will get Patra to sleep w/ you have all fat loops except a thin one where your spine should be.
the newer halfassed dickies have all thinner belt loops. it's like how champion sweatshirts have horizontal stitching on the thick ones and a generic verticle sewn sweater that won't keep you quite so cozy.
if you live in warmer climes then perhaps you prefer the cheaper, thinner dickies [and champions] but they're not gonna convince Patra you're a worker man and you'll miss out on all of dat ay-uss.

ClaySoggyfries

• Rep: 1
  • @clay_soggyfries on IG
    • Soundcloud avatar image
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2023, 09:42:41 AM »
I love the Dickies 874 but the creases are the reason I wouldn't say it's a 10/10 pair of pants. I hate the crease  >:(

boston_bruins

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2023, 10:43:41 AM »
Tell us more

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead