Author Topic: Dickies are the best pants  (Read 20025 times)

white rapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Dickies are the best pants
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »
after skating and wearing levis jeans and pants for the past 10 years, I just bought some dickies skate pants from the skate shop and holy shit, I am not going to wear any other pant for the rest of my life probably. I got the slim straights and they are the best for skating. Since I work in an office, I can fuckin wear them to work, and skate. I'm not a rep for dickies or anything, I am just saying that they are the shit.

Crow T. Robot

• Rep: 26
Re: Dickies are the best pants
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:59:39 AM »
after skating and wearing levis jeans and pants for the past 10 years, I just bought some dickies skate pants from the skate shop and holy shit, I am not going to wear any other pant for the rest of my life probably. I got the slim straights and they are the best for skating. Since I work in an office, I can fuckin wear them to work, and skate. I'm not a rep for dickies or anything, I am just saying that they are the shit.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:03:42 PM by Crow T. Robot »

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:21:25 PM »
I fully agree with this post.
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »
I did a switch, but the exact opposite of yours. Dickies to Levis.

But I am glad you found your ideal pant, as this is arguably an important part of your everyday skating. (No Sarcasm)

4wheels

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:44:29 PM »
dickies slims hug my nuts too muc, im been wearing rvca americanas for a while though

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
gotta respectfully disagree

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
you've only been wearing pants for 10 years?

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
I'm more of an 874 original man myself

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
I always thought Ben Davis would do some sort of skate line since Dickies did.

They still make the original gangsta sizing too.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

BMCsteve

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »
Dickies dont breathe as well as 100% cotton pants.  I found some cheap DC Chino pants from JC penny for like $20 a pair.  They look like Dickies but are cotton so you don't get swamp ass

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »

Ben Davis did do some skate oriented line about 5 or six years ago. Sponsored small contests and advertised heavily in lowcard too. Never saw any of the product in person though.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ben Davis did do some skate oriented line about 5 or six years ago. Sponsored small contests and advertised heavily in lowcard too. Never saw any of the product in person though.
Ben Davis still sponsors Riley Stevens. And they also now make a "trim fit" which is incredible. I have always like Bens more than Dickies.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 12:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Ben Davis still sponsors Riley Stevens. And they also now make a "trim fit" which is incredible. I have always like Bens more than Dickies.

I love my dickies, don't get me wrong. Been wearing them since I was a 10 y/o little punk, but all in all I like Ben Davis more. They fit my stature better, actually have a snap, don't have stuff falling out of your pockets all the time. Dickies are more durable though, I have some that are decades old and only problem is that they're too thin feeling from so many washes, but no tears.

Never tried the dickies skate line, not into slim fit pants. Closest thing I have is a pair of the spitfire and a pair of the anti hero collab that were $10 each on eBay. Crotch seam started coming undone on both of them, never a problem like that with the originals so I'll stick with those. Less money, better fit ,and they'll probably last longer. Besides, you can always take them to someplace that does alterations and get a slight taper done for a few bucks to get a less baggy fit if desired.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
873s a size up in the waist are prime imo

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »

thats what i did but there's still no room for my ballsack. i don't understand how people enjoy skating in these.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

thats what i did but there's still no room for my ballsack. i don't understand how people enjoy skating in these.

size up in length as well? right now i'm wearing 34x32s 873s and usually wear 32x30 levis. less crotch room as opposed to volcom and rvca pants i own but cant beat em for the price.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 03:57:05 PM »
I have one pair of slim straights but they're still a little too baggy for my taste. I also have a couple pairs of the slim tapers and those fit a lot better but they don't have the nice center crease. I wear mine to the office a lot too. I could give a fuck if they make me look like a trend hopper,  dickies cost $30-$40 and they last forever. I've had way too many $70 pants from a core company fall apart after a few weeks to keep buying them.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 05:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

same here but they fit comfortable when i freeball

nice_guy_2

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »
the original workpant 874 is high waisted, the slim straight 873's are not. Your balls should be fine in high waisted pants

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »
873s 1 size up works fine for me.
the great thing about dickies is you can just cut them off at the bottom and they don't fray like denim does. the material seems thinner these days though; i rocked a chocolate pair of 874s for like 4 years in the early 00s and they were tough as shit!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 07:33:10 AM »
873s 1 size up works fine for me.
the great thing about dickies is you can just cut them off at the bottom and they don't fray like denim does. the material seems thinner these days though; i rocked a chocolate pair of 874s for like 4 years in the early 00s and they were tough as shit!

They don't fray much but without the hem they're floppy around the bottom. If you don't wanna sew them up yourself then most cleaner/alteration places will sew a hem for like $3-$5.

I the toughness difference is because the OG work pants are so heavily starch-treated but the skate/fashion ones are softer from the get-go. Another reason I tend towards the classic work pants. Again though, any alteration shop should be able to starch the pants and give the fancy Dickies the tough feel of the originals.

After reading this thread I realized that the Spitfire x Dickies that I have are 873's. That explains a lot. I wondered why they fit like low-rise pants... I actually like that cut, they don't feel 'slim', but for skating the crotch is a little more restrictive than I'm used to.

Guwop

• Rep: 76
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »

thats exactly what someone who doesn't want us to know he's a dickies rep would say...

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
are the Dickies skinny comparable to Levis 511?  also are they stretchy cuz Im going to have to order these online  thanks pals

dillanharp

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 01:55:08 PM »
false. Levi's 514 are the best pants.

kookboi

• Rep: -12
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:01 AM »
dickie's 874 work pants are the best.  I skate a pair of dickies for a few months without them falling apart. Good shit furshur

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 12:03:38 PM »
I love 874's but since they re-branded with the skate team they're made of a much weaker material. I get holes in mine from keeping pens in my pants and shit it's stupid.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
How are Red Kap pants? Anybody ever try them?

SkateStains

• Rep: -8
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »
If your in Canada Big Bill 2947 are the best and also made in Canada.
Bryan "Slash" Cranston

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
Just ripped a quarter sized hole in the crotch area on a pair of black 874s that i bought only half a year back. Fastest ive ripped a pair ever, considering dickies last me for years usually. The quality aint what it once was.