Author Topic: Skaters no one seems to like  (Read 18801 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Skaters no one seems to like
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 07:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone on Element or a Dwindle company that deserves better
[close]

Anyone on Element MINUS Evan smith, everyone loves nice guy Evan smith

Appleyard is an every pro legend, everybody who I say his name likes him.

Also Chad Timtim.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 09:28:08 AM by Swithflip »

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 07:32:15 AM »
Tim tim gets a lot of love on SLAP. Yet guys like Vinnie Bahn, Andy Roy, the Revive guys seem to get no love on here for obvious reasons
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 07:34:09 AM »
Tim tim gets a lot of love on SLAP. Yet guys like Vinnie Bahn, Andy Roy, the Revive guys seem to get no love on here for obvious reasons

whats your point? I see no correlation between Tim Tim and Andy Roy Or Revive...

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 07:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

whats your point? I see no correlation between Tim Tim and Andy Roy Or Revive...

Correlation does not imply causation
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 08:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone on Element or a Dwindle company that deserves better
[close]

Anyone on Element MINUS Evan smith, everyone loves nice guy Evan smith
[close]

Appleyard is a every pro legend, everybody who I say his name likes him.

Also Chad Timtim.
Yea, Appleyard and TimTim are cool,but shouldnt be on Element

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -492
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 08:19:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Merlino
[close]

i was hyped on merlino when wtf came out but he's kinda bland

i'll add tj rogers, tom schaar, lutzka and sierra fellers

I’ve always fucked with Sierra fellers. He’s a cool dude , who just happens to rip.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Correlation does not imply causation

That's great and all, but why you compared Chad Tim Tim to either Andy Roy or Vinnie Bahn, or any Revive dudes, no one knows.

jomeara1

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 08:55:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  I don't get the shawn powers hate.  The guy is actually funny/entertaining.  A lot of people try to be funny and jokey but just come off wack.   Great skater, maybe not typically pro level but he's got ollies.
[close]

People don't like him because he smashed a business's storefront costing thousands of dollars to repair and then threw a live lobster against a brick wall, all for some shit web clip. I like his skating but he's a fucking idiot and when there's 1000s of other pros, I would never support him with my money.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Merlino
[close]

[close]

I like TJ Rogers because he was injured and couldn't skate at one of the last Tampa Pro's and decided to volunteer to help run one of the stands instead, and I thought that was nice. Also someone posted on here before about how they ran into him at some bar when he was really drunk and he threw the arm around his shoulders and said, "Dude... I can switch fs 360 aaaaaaanything..."

Chad Tim Tim is sick and underrated.

Skaters like Clint and Cody Mac will always have some fans because they're great skaters, despite their shit personalities. It's the boring skaters that no one likes. I can't imagine Josh Harmony, Cooper Wilt, Mitchie Brusco, Nick Garcia, Julian Davidson, Tom Remillard or anyone on Darkstar other than Dave Bachinsky being anyone's favourite skater.
[close]
   People were mad hating on him b4 that.  The lobster thing was funny in retro spect cause such a big deal was made but no charges (?)    -besides have you never done some drunk stupid kid shit in your early 20's?  -cause to me that's all some dead lobsters amount to.

Sure, many of us have.  But I'm sure none of us have killed innocent animals for no reason at that age.  I can see if you were a child, but not someone in their early 20's. 

SOTY

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 09:13:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  I don't get the shawn powers hate.  The guy is actually funny/entertaining.  A lot of people try to be funny and jokey but just come off wack.   Great skater, maybe not typically pro level but he's got ollies.
[close]

People don't like him because he smashed a business's storefront costing thousands of dollars to repair and then threw a live lobster against a brick wall, all for some shit web clip. I like his skating but he's a fucking idiot and when there's 1000s of other pros, I would never support him with my money.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Merlino
[close]

[close]

I like TJ Rogers because he was injured and couldn't skate at one of the last Tampa Pro's and decided to volunteer to help run one of the stands instead, and I thought that was nice. Also someone posted on here before about how they ran into him at some bar when he was really drunk and he threw the arm around his shoulders and said, "Dude... I can switch fs 360 aaaaaaanything..."

Skaters like Clint and Cody Mac will always have some fans because they're great skaters, despite their shit personalities. It's the boring skaters that no one likes. I can't imagine Josh Harmony, Cooper Wilt, Mitchie Brusco, Nick Garcia, Julian Davidson, Tom Remillard or anyone on Darkstar other than Dave Bachinsky being anyone's favourite skater.
[close]
   People were mad hating on him b4 that.  The lobster thing was funny in retro spect cause such a big deal was made but no charges (?)    -besides have you never done some drunk stupid kid shit in your early 20's?  -cause to me that's all some dead lobsters amount to.
[close]

Sure, many of us have.  But I'm sure none of us have killed innocent animals for no reason at that age.  I can see if you were a child, but not someone in their early 20's. 
We support the killing of innocent animals every time we bite into a delicious bacon cheeseburger. Those lobsters were meant to be thrown into boiling water then dipped in lemon butter. I'm not saying I condone the actions of Prawn Showers, but anybody making a "big deal" out of it needs to take a pretty big step back.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:11:46 PM by SOTY »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3356
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 09:16:22 AM »
On the serious tip, Doug Brown. I think he was universally loved once but the stuff that came out in his fifth book really turned the world against him.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 09:22:38 AM »
I like the stuff Nick Garcia does. I like how he can put together a part with just a few flips on the mix; just speed and more speed. Not my favorite Garcia but still...

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Curren
Chaz

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
Ronson Lambert

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »
funny post ha
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jomeara1

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Merlino
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
We support the killing of innocent animals every time we bite into a delicious bacon cheeseburger. Those lobsters were meant to be thrown into boiling water then dipped in lemon butter. I'm not saying I condone the action of Prawn Showers, but anybody making a "big deal" out of it needs to take a pretty big step back.

I see your point, but its not like he was doing that to prepare a lobster dinner for someone, he obviously felt some kind of pleasure in smashing an animal into a brick wall and fucking up someone's business.  Being drunk isn't really an excuse for that IMO.  People get over stuff but he definitely kooked himself hard for that.   

billyerlife

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Merlino
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
We support the killing of innocent animals every time we bite into a delicious bacon cheeseburger. Those lobsters were meant to be thrown into boiling water then dipped in lemon butter. I'm not saying I condone the action of Prawn Showers, but anybody making a "big deal" out of it needs to take a pretty big step back.
[close]

I see your point, but its not like he was doing that to prepare a lobster dinner for someone, he obviously felt some kind of pleasure in smashing an animal into a brick wall and fucking up someone's business.  Being drunk isn't really an excuse for that IMO.  People get over stuff but he definitely kooked himself hard for that.   

Yeah, pretty significant difference between killing an animal for food, which lots of things on this planet do, and killing them to be funny, which only stupid assholes do. Never seen lobster boy skate and I hope I never have to, fuck that little bitch.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 10:05:01 AM »

pretty unlikeable duo over here

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 10:13:14 AM »
Sean Pabbo and most of those FA/Supreme kids, Tyshawn etc...

Just shred some serious gnar.

Pigeon

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 10:16:52 AM »
I’d say Hitler, but lots of people still love him for his SS kickflips.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 10:21:14 AM »
David Loy

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 10:28:38 AM »
No one seems to like

Tom Asta

I know nothing about his personality and have never heard him speak, but I like his skating

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
Sean Pabbo and most of those FA/Supreme kids, Tyshawn etc...

we adding this one to the list?

Also what ghost town are you living in where no one like Tyshawn?

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

this should be enough of a reason to like Tyshawn

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2018, 11:09:02 AM »

this should be enough of a reason to like Tyshawn
I think he's going to be SOTY soon. Kid rips and doesn't stop.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SOTY

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2018, 11:10:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I see your point, but its not like he was doing that to prepare a lobster dinner for someone, he obviously felt some kind of pleasure in smashing an animal into a brick wall and fucking up someone's business.

People who can afford lobster in NYC are eating it for pleasure, are they not? This isn't about survival. Who are we to say one pleasure is more acceptable than the other, especially when they're both unnecessary? Surely the lobster doesn't care why we kill it...

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:55 AM »
But they don't do the actual killing out of pleasure.

Not sure what type of shit he gets for it, but i gotta say i found it weird to see this young man do that.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3356
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 12:06:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I see your point, but its not like he was doing that to prepare a lobster dinner for someone, he obviously felt some kind of pleasure in smashing an animal into a brick wall and fucking up someone's business.
[close]

People who can afford lobster in NYC are eating it for pleasure, are they not? This isn't about survival. Who are we to say one pleasure is more acceptable than the other, especially when they're both unnecessary? Surely the lobster doesn't care why we kill it...

Yes, killing for sustenance and killing for sadism are exactly the same thing.

Pigeon

« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2018, 12:09:15 PM »
Shawn Powers has mental health issues. I’m not going to pull it up, but there’s an old interview where he talks about being held back and etc. He’s fucked up, but the people that give him positive reinforcement/sponsor him on are equally fucked up. Was there a Palace board with lobsters on it, or was that a photoshop?

Salad farmer

• Rep: 21
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
No one seems to like

Tom Asta
[close]

I know nothing about his personality and have never heard him speak, but I like his skating

I think he just isn't any kids favorite skater. Don't know if I've ever heard someone say they don't like his skating. Some of those ledge lines are so sick.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »
I like Tom Asta. He's got a good flick. I think he gets a bad rep since he was pretty much know as "Cole's buddy" for a few years. I feel like no one really cares about Scott Descenzo, or 2/3rds of the /mcClungs.

Yea feel that about the mcclung brothers for sure.