Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65693 times)

m path

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -51
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #900 on: October 15, 2022, 06:40:31 PM »
My bud asked me to film so I got my tricks and I'll put them in the post your skating soon.  He has a vx camera with a big light on it.  It turned out nice and we did it really quick.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #901 on: October 15, 2022, 07:22:25 PM »
didn’t know birmingham got a park. might got a reason to visit now.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #902 on: October 16, 2022, 12:50:37 PM »
Exactly 19 years ago on this day my grandma gave me my first board. I went out with the boys. Got a clip. Fell on my left ass cheek. Can't sit without pain now. Found a new spot. It was a good session.
IG: @flowterspace

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #903 on: October 16, 2022, 08:10:38 PM »
Lost it riding away from a fakie flip over a hip. I must’ve been 10 feet past the ramp when I tried to jump off my board. Front foot stayed up and I kicked straight down with the other when I did the splits. My big toenail is all black and hurts, so it’s probably gonna fall off in a few days. If I can stand on my board in the morning I might try and sneak a session in at Channel ST before work
fuck you bama

Schinken

• Rep: 67
« Reply #904 on: October 17, 2022, 03:29:43 AM »
Drove by the skatepark and saw that no one is there. Went home to get my board and by the time I arrived at the skatepark it was completely littered in scooter kids and toddlers. Moms sitting on the obstacles, toddlers crawling around in the pool, kids running in the transition.
Told myself to try to get at least 30 minutes of flatground but canceled it after 10 minutes. This day I literally thought about giving up on skateboarding.

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #905 on: October 17, 2022, 03:40:42 AM »
had a small flatground session waiting at the train station landed a few good feeling half cabs both ways

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #906 on: October 17, 2022, 06:47:27 AM »
Got some of my basics back. Fresh kicks but they broke in quickly!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #907 on: October 17, 2022, 07:01:28 AM »
farted in a parking garage and it echoed for like 5 seconds

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #908 on: October 18, 2022, 04:36:22 PM »
watched @Made In China lay waste to all my old local spots today. I fell on my hand and got a boo boo. Friendship!
Don't let this dude lie to you, he also got a banger during this sesh too! And that boo boo bail makes for a very good clip...

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3357
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #909 on: October 18, 2022, 04:39:56 PM »
Oh damn...it was like 27 years ago and pressure flips were still the hotness...I was rolling through the parking garage pressuring flips every which way and I fell and hurt my left wrist. That did it for my skateboard "career"

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #910 on: October 20, 2022, 11:18:39 AM »
Landed my first rolling kickflip yesterday

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #911 on: October 20, 2022, 11:22:14 AM »

And you'll be chasing that high for the rest of your life.
Nothing feels better than your first real, rolling kickflip.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #912 on: October 20, 2022, 12:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And you'll be chasing that high for the rest of your life.
Nothing feels better than your first real, rolling kickflip.

Wrong, at least to me. Every nicely caught flip trick feels so dope. I will never get enough of it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #913 on: October 20, 2022, 05:15:51 PM »
Went to my local this morning while it was pretty cool outside. Got warmed up in the bowls and banks before firing off a few flatground tricks. I was feeling pretty good so I decided to get a line going. My nollie bs 180’s and halfcabs are getting to where I want them to be so I threw them into my line to get them more consistent and was trying to manual the Euro to bank. Couldn’t get the manual but I was still proud of the first part of the line. Let off some steam while I was getting through the mental battle doing 50-50’s on the Pier 7 ledge. Overall not a bad session, hopefully tomorrow I can start overcoming some mental battles with some of the other stuff I used to skate.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #914 on: October 20, 2022, 06:50:19 PM »
Went with my friend to a curb spot. He got a new trick and I got a clip and landed a trick I haven’t in a while. Was a good time.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #915 on: October 20, 2022, 06:52:54 PM »
Went to the ol' shitpark for an evening session just as it was getting dark. I didn't really feel like skating but forced myself out since it's finally going to start raining here tomorrow and probably keep raining for a week, or more likely forever. Landed a few piss-poor tricks and had no motivation to try anything new or daring. Did a kickflip in the middle of the street on the way home. Official street skater now.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #916 on: October 20, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »
soul carves paid off

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #917 on: October 21, 2022, 08:31:09 AM »
I’m on antibiotics rn, so it mainly was just me trying not to shit myself

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #918 on: October 21, 2022, 08:40:12 AM »
Nice Friday morning at the park. Met some cool people, did some nose slides, figured out what I was doing wrong with kickflips, left a deck for someone, went home.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #919 on: October 21, 2022, 08:04:49 PM »
I swear if my kickflips are bad one day, heelflips are good instead and vice-versa. Went to the local again today and hopped around for a bit but didn't really get around to trying anything significant especially when the other locals came around. I was trying to study why my kickflips are so off and I think I've come up with a solution, but for each good kickflip I would try to hit the bank to box and noseslide, except I just didn't have it in me to commit. Played a game of skate with one of the locals, I was so fatigued at that point that I was so off balance, but I managed to get heelflips back pretty easily which made me happy. Got 3 heelflips and another kickflip in before I called it quits.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #920 on: October 27, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »
Went to a new mini park over lunch...and almost killed myself on a concrete quarter. Did the always scary - board shoots out but then  somehow stepped on it on the way down and just mised bashing my head on some oddly placed "decorative" boulders along the side, which I hadn't really noticed as a "thing" before they almost cracked my mellon. Then tried to get a simple line of Ollie up ledge, slash quarter, nose Manny ledge on way back and end with a small 50-50...and would always hate one of the 3. Went back to work and found garbage all over my site. I hate lazy people.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Fasttimes

• Rep: -32
« Reply #921 on: October 27, 2022, 08:05:08 PM »
Went back to Ye Olde Parking Garage last night after 2 overlapping days of work. Session was going okay, landed a few tricks and got the idea to lipslide the parking block. After rolling up several times and trying it on a dry block, I went for it. Ate shit a few times since the board flexed and my wheels hit the ground, but by some miracle I got through the slide and got out of it fakie somehow. I couldn't help but laugh after I landed it because of how lucky I got (plus a couple of beers in my system).

Also I finally hit the new skatepark in Birmingham AL and that park was fantastic. Slick as fuck but I got some wallies in, a bunch of grinds and the pump track was okay. Plus it's monitored at night.

wow sounds awesome!

Fsnoseenthusiast

« Reply #922 on: October 27, 2022, 09:08:02 PM »
Went to my local (considered by many to bethe worst skate park in the state) tried to heelflip off a ledge, got a popsicle and was limping for 2 days. 4/10 sesh, got super close to landing it.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #923 on: November 01, 2022, 12:02:09 PM »
Went for a park session today and man what a nightmare.
First I spent 30mins to clear the park from stones, glass, dirt and wood sticks.
The minute I stepped on my board I had dirt on my shoe and totally ruined my grip.
Then a bunch of nonskate people with small kids on toy cars and bikes flooded the park.
Played a warmup game of skate with the homie and snapped my board. It already was fucked so not that wild.
Set up a new one I had with me, snapped it on the first fucking tre on flat.
It didn't snapped completely so I keep on skating but i was so pissed , nothing really worked anymore.
Finally, I just skate the steep bank.
Never landed shit on this bank but today I gave it a try. Did a descent kickflip but this stupid rollerblade kid just crossed me on the way down. I ran him over and ate shit.
Somehow it felt great..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #924 on: November 01, 2022, 12:42:07 PM »
My knee is screwed up, my ankles are stiff and weak. Everything hurt, I can't do what I used to ...

Yet ... it's the best feeling ever.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #925 on: November 01, 2022, 01:31:50 PM »
First I spent 30mins to clear the park from stones, glass, dirt and wood sticks.
The minute I stepped on my board I had dirt on my shoe and totally ruined my grip.
Then a bunch of nonskate people with small kids on toy cars and bikes flooded the park.
Played a warmup game of skate with the homie and snapped my board. It already was fucked so not that wild.
It didn't snapped completely so I keep on skating but i was so pissed , nothing really worked anymore.
Never landed shit on this bank but today I gave it a try. Did a descent kickflip but this stupid rollerblade kid just crossed me on the way down. I ran him over and ate shit.
Somehow it felt great..

Man, you happen to live in Berlin, Germany too? Sounds exactly like my local park. I spent my last session in a park like that too, but only for a quick warm up. Then hit some spots with my homie. Got two clips. Will try to get that one clip a bit better some day. It was weird, that was the day after they set the time back for one hour. But it were still 20°C (68° F) and the sun was shining, at the end of October. Now it is winter time in Germany and it is dark at 5 pm which sucks. 
IG: @flowterspace

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #926 on: November 01, 2022, 03:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Somehow it felt great..
[close]

Man, you happen to live in Berlin, Germany too? Sounds exactly like my local park. I spent my last session in a park like that too, but only for a quick warm up. Then hit some spots with my homie. Got two clips. Will try to get that one clip a bit better some day. It was weird, that was the day after they set the time back for one hour. But it were still 20°C (68° F) and the sun was shining, at the end of October. Now it is winter time in Germany and it is dark at 5 pm which sucks.
Not Berlin but near Nürnberg. I went extra early just because of the wintertime thing..
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #927 on: November 01, 2022, 03:51:57 PM »
My main set up is missing. It hurts really badly. I should have kept it with me when I went to play the show. People told me to leave it.

It's the most perfect set up I've ever made. Had all the extras.

Everyone knows my skateboard is my higher power. Everyone who's met me since 98 that skates knows that. It kills.

I got the rain board. I just got back. I'm landing every flat trick I try in under 4 tries. I have switch back 80 and nollie front 80. I only had nollie front 80s nice and boom! offa bumps and shit.

Turns out that fakie V is my favorite trick now as an adult.

I hope I find my shit soon. I got one more place to look but it's going to take me till Thursday because I need a ride.

It started to rain while I was out there so maybe it was meant to be for now. .

My soul is burnt as my poor brain tho.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #928 on: November 03, 2022, 03:00:09 AM »
Returned to BS flips after a 2-3 month break from trying them... last time I couldn't get the full rotation without pretty much stopping or rolling away at snail speed.

Upon revisiting them in my last session I had a lot more success, rolled away from a good four or five at an acceptable pace, feel I can actually claim the trick now finally.

I have been doing BS1s a lot more during sessions in the intervening period so I suppose that's what's helped. Sitting back over the tail and keeping my torso more upright also.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #929 on: November 08, 2022, 01:02:02 AM »
It's been dry the last couple of days so I got a few decent sessions in. Was supposed to be learning 5050s on the round bar but randomly decided to try fs noseslides instead. Surprisingly got 2 of them pretty quickly after fully committing. Personal NBD as I've only ever done fs boards on rails. This frontside guy is trying to relearn bs 5050s as well. Landed one on the small box after some non-committal tries. Also locked into a fs tail on the proper ledge for the first time in years. Working on some basic ledge lines and general consistency. Skateboarding has never been more fun for me despite it being a very solitary activity these days. Back at it again tomorrow to gently push myself out of my comfort zone without getting old man broken off.