Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66095 times)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #870 on: September 26, 2022, 08:09:11 AM »
First time I skated with my friends since summer. The weather was nice and park was empty, the only issue is that we found a huge rat trapped inside the bowl.

It took us 10 hilarious minutes to take the rat out, after that the session was radt.

Ride it to dust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #871 on: September 26, 2022, 08:55:39 AM »
Went to my usual curb that i’ve been loving and nuturing the past year or so, never gets old, still stoked.

Correy_Websturd

• Rep: -2
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #872 on: September 26, 2022, 10:27:42 AM »
Brittany, France here.My last sess was a good one.Not that I ripped(50years old) but I rode a new deck and you know the feeling.I didn't have to break into it because it's same deck I had before.An anti hero 8,125.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #873 on: September 26, 2022, 01:11:53 PM »
I met a lady this summer and been working a lot so I’ve skated like once a month past 8 months, yesterday was a perfect day sun was shining having a day off and homies were down to skate. We started with some slapppies and flatground, after that hit this bank to try some flippity stuff and off to this new ledge spot we headed. Ledge was buttery as fuck, I learned switch crooked grind at the age of 39 and I’ve always sucked at ledges. That felt too good, now I wanna go skate again next saturday 8)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #874 on: September 30, 2022, 07:07:05 PM »
Today was an odd day for me. First day off that isn't on a weekend, perfect skate weather, not a cloud in the sky, but I just wasn't feeling it all that much. Had a long night beforehand working an awards banquet and had to be out of the house for a few hours so I went to skate. Once I got to my local, all my mojo just vanished. I just cruised around the park and got a bit warmed up. Afterwards I decided to make the best of my low energy and work on a few of my staple tricks that I tend to just use to warm up. I practiced sliding my foot and moving my body on nollie back 180's (I wanna do them on hips and out of banks and really feel like Gino doing them). Then I moved on to front shuv's and pulling my front foot up a bit to hold my catch so I can comfortably do it up and down stuff. Finally, I did a few kickflips to get used to the Tensor's (I have to move my foot closer to the ollie position). At that point I called it a day since my body was worn out from the past few days. I'll come back when things aren't as crazy. I need to get a good flatground sesh in to knock off the rest of the rust.

Banned from the room

« Reply #875 on: September 30, 2022, 10:01:22 PM »
I tried an electric skateboard tonight. I'm almost in love? Tight AF trucks. Bitter sweet. Was like dragging my hands on the bricks and shit.

I wanted to go over the cobble but the owner said no.

Actually the first thing I said to him was" go over the cobble stone!!!"

He was high speed butt boarding when I shouted at him. He and his friends stopped and talked about my jacket. One kid said hey if you ever wanna sell that? I was like probably not. I'd entertain a trade for a Epiphone lp.

I fucking went back and forth between tourists on the bumpy bricks on Essex street. I could barely make the wide af turn around. Almost fell off put my hand down.

Then I did a pull. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! I heard people shouting at me. I came about and used the break. Jerk jerk jerk lol.

My heart was pounding and my face hurt from smiling.

I need one so bad. I feel like the silver surfer hahahaha!!!!! YES permanent hills ha!!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 07:35:26 PM by Uncle Flea »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #876 on: September 30, 2022, 11:23:10 PM »
Landed primo on a kickflip of a curb.  :'(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Kumiko

• Rep: 56
« Reply #877 on: September 30, 2022, 11:28:03 PM »
The other day I noticed a person skating an empty lot near where I live. Went for a quick skate to kill some time tonight. Whoever skates there moved two parking blocks and waxed them up pretty nicely so I was just doing some FS boardslides and enjoying the 'lil spot. I'm definitely going to be hitting it up going forward. Only skated about 15 minutes and then caught a screening of THE THING. Found $40 on the ground on the way home. It was a very good night.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #878 on: October 01, 2022, 12:26:10 PM »
went through 6 plies on 1 trick

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #879 on: October 02, 2022, 03:33:12 AM »
I took my young son out to this cool ramp spot out on my late friend's parents' farm for my birthday. There's also a big concrete slab with various flat bars and other interesting sketchy little wood obstacles. We were the only people there. It was a beautiful day and he was having fun butt boarding on the mini ramp and learning how to push on the concrete flat area. I got some okay basic lines on the ramp then somehow threw my back out sticking on a 5050 on this new crusty concrete ledge that would not grind no matter how much wax we rubbed on er. Was almost the perfect late afternoon session if I didn't old man hurt myself.

Couple pics to illustrate this quaint spot in the woods:

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #880 on: October 02, 2022, 05:47:17 AM »
I took my young son out to this cool ramp spot out on my late friend's parents' farm for my birthday. There's also a big concrete slab with various flat bars and other interesting sketchy little wood obstacles. We were the only people there. It was a beautiful day and he was having fun butt boarding on the mini ramp and learning how to push on the concrete flat area. I got some okay basic lines on the ramp then somehow threw my back out sticking on a 5050 on this new crusty concrete ledge that would not grind no matter how much wax we rubbed on er. Was almost the perfect late afternoon session if I didn't old man hurt myself.

Wow a skatespot in the woods, best of both worlds.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cky enthusiast

« Reply #881 on: October 02, 2022, 05:55:27 AM »

dream spot

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #882 on: October 02, 2022, 06:14:37 PM »

This is perfect, I want to retire to the skatefarm right now.

Changed from 147 to ace 44 on same deck, couple of sessions to adjust, last one felt right. Somehow now I can pop fs shuvs and fakie 3flip way higher and comfortable than before. Played a bunch of SKATE then filmed my buddy endlessly trying bscrooked 360shuv out. He wasn't close.

Banned from the room

« Reply #883 on: October 02, 2022, 07:40:31 PM »
Things aren't going well.

I thought it was because I've cut my food down to like 2.5 small meals a day. Chicken like once a week. Blah blah...

It's not. I did an across town mash and I can still do it with out picking up my board.

My Manny is basically gone. I can barely walk in a straight line too.

I feel like Craptin Jack Sparrow.

When I do get one it looks good AF because I strike a crazy pose lol and feel like the mummy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #884 on: October 02, 2022, 08:32:20 PM »
3rd session post-injury, actually popped a few tricks!
tbh just cruising around fast and doing long powerslides is just the best shit ever
my son is also looking super x2 comfortable on his board these days and is dropping in on bigger ramps which gets me hyped

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 630
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #885 on: October 03, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »
Went to some really crusty street spots today.
I filmed a pop shuv out of a kicker, which was a new one for me. Learned some funky curb dance moves.

I hope I can get one more clip, which I am stoked about, before the year ends. The time is missing sometimes with all those adult responsiblities.
I met a beautiful and awesome girl this year and I want to film for a video part before I am too old.
I got 4 clips so far this year.. ^^
IG: @flowterspace

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #886 on: October 03, 2022, 01:13:05 PM »
Took the lady down the island today for her driver's test and noticed there was a skatepark near by with a new addition to the old crusty one. Its all little pathways and shit crammed together. Not really feeling it. It's also on the side of a busy highway (that I had to walk down  the shoulder of) with a huge dusty parking lot. It's very noisy, distracting and gross. The clamshell thing is fun to slash grind at least.

Very happy that she passed her test so I don't have to walk back. Hopefully I can string a few tricks together in the hot afternoon sun before I die.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #887 on: October 03, 2022, 01:27:45 PM »
Drove to Tampa with the homie, hit bro bowl, Carrollwood then Jackson springs. Great days and clips until I got smoked on a  bank to ledge

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #888 on: October 03, 2022, 01:32:22 PM »
hit my knee on front lip to smith on a curb lol

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #889 on: October 03, 2022, 01:33:59 PM »

Gnarred for being such a rad dad. That spot looks amazing!

I watched the new Polar video yesterday and got super hyped, so I hit two wallride spots and a pole jam spot that I've been meaning to check out for awhile. Got a clip at each spot, one of which was a trick I've never done before that I just started thinking of trying. Super stoked on that sesh!

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -300
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #890 on: October 03, 2022, 02:05:51 PM »
Insanely high Tiago 808 ledge at the park for a contest. I looked at it first try

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #891 on: October 05, 2022, 11:33:02 AM »
The best
I landed fakie flip front multiple time for the first time, I landed 360 flip for the first and also understood the trick. It's crazy after 7 years of half assing it in games of SKATE, throwing my board around, it somehow clicked today. It was not even a battle because I almost never tried outside of games,  I ve always thought I would never be able to get the trick. I just hope it will still be there next time I skate. Very very fun session
check my music

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #892 on: October 05, 2022, 11:36:20 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #893 on: October 05, 2022, 02:47:45 PM »
I learned fs slappy today. Also working on fs slappy hurricane. I had a really fun sesh today.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #894 on: October 05, 2022, 09:27:18 PM »
Skated around puddles at skatepark with some other 35+ dudes also with low to middling ability at this point. Skated a bank, primoed straight to ass, and almost pooped my pants. Did a fun boardslide on a wet ledge and watched water droplets spread away. Threw my skateboard and cussed a couple times. Felt good to sweat on a cols day cuz I've been sick for almost 2 weeks. Cleansssseeeeee
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #895 on: October 05, 2022, 10:34:40 PM »
last session was good. finally was able to pull off front shuvit nosemanual on this slanted bank to manual pad to bank at the local park.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #896 on: October 06, 2022, 06:17:22 AM »
Second skate since getting over COVID, went to an indoor park with just two other kids skating. Went through most of my tricks there to see if I still had them, and then went to the 2.5 foot mini and goofed around, learned an new trick just shy of 47 year old- bs slash/smith to revert back.

I want to figure it out and get comfortable so I can take it to a respectably-sized ramp. And maybe the same fs.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #897 on: October 06, 2022, 06:15:26 PM »
been skating for like fucking 25 years or something and learned smith grinds and krooked grinds on a foot high ledge today within 25 minutes of each other. smith=back foot in the pocket, kgrind= front foot in the pocket. wtf. super stoked
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #898 on: October 06, 2022, 07:34:25 PM »
  Ollie over the flat bar of the bump from my heelside.  I think that's a 1st for me.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #899 on: October 15, 2022, 06:32:27 PM »
Went back to Ye Olde Parking Garage last night after 2 overlapping days of work. Session was going okay, landed a few tricks and got the idea to lipslide the parking block. After rolling up several times and trying it on a dry block, I went for it. Ate shit a few times since the board flexed and my wheels hit the ground, but by some miracle I got through the slide and got out of it fakie somehow. I couldn't help but laugh after I landed it because of how lucky I got (plus a couple of beers in my system).

Also I finally hit the new skatepark in Birmingham AL and that park was fantastic. Slick as fuck but I got some wallies in, a bunch of grinds and the pump track was okay. Plus it's monitored at night.