Author Topic: RIP P-Stone  (Read 99921 times)

bandwayrules

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: RIP P-Stone
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 09:06:42 PM »
So fucking sad

Whats the prison sentence for drink driving in the US?

According to the internet, for Washington, if it's to be trusted:
"Now, the sentencing range for vehicular homicide is between 78 and 102 months - the same as First Degree Manslaughter."

Obviously, this could go a lot of ways - plea to a lesser charge being the most common probably.  The ability to hire a good attorney helps, and the rumors were always that Cory's parents were rich so that might come into play. 

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »
Quote from: Bumpovertrash �link=topic=96452.msg2681280#msg2681280 date=1504237639
Expand Quote
Rip to one of the best truly a sad day for skateboarding
Cory made a mistake that he will have to live with forever however nobody forced Preston into that car
My condolences to the family
[close]

Gross as fuck blaming the victim
Don't be a dick, that's not victim blaming. He wasn't raped or murdered, it was an accident. A terrible, awful, tragic accident.  
you never know about pre-cum 

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2273
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 09:10:48 PM »
So fucking sad

Theres variables invovled,my friend hit a tree with passengers drunk driving and one dude broke his leg. No pressed charges while he was facing manslaughter charges amongst the dui charges,only had to serve 12 days in jail(that he worked out on weekends mostly)a shitload of fines and community service and classes. Had someone pressed charges he said he was looking at 18 months. As far as I know every state is different too,this was in CA over 10 years ago compared to present day...I'll say minimum 3/5 years just based off of the fact this incident is similar to the Boulala/Cross situation. It's terrible

Edit: bandwayrules has a proper answer
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:15:46 PM by Francis Xavier »

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Joe Pesci

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »
Man this is terrible, fuck drinking. Not the first not the last...

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
Wow, vibes to P stone's family. Tragic- no other way to put it.

wash uffize drive me to firenze

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 09:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
So fucking sad

[close]

According to the internet, for Washington, if it's to be trusted:
"Now, the sentencing range for vehicular homicide is between 78 and 102 months - the same as First Degree Manslaughter."

Obviously, this could go a lot of ways - plea to a lesser charge being the most common probably.  The ability to hire a good attorney helps, and the rumors were always that Cory's parents were rich so that might come into play. 
Washington is really starting to crack down hard on DUI's too. So we'll see what happens but I'm guessing he gets hit with vehicular manslaughter + DUI at the very least.

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
Comments like those remind me why I fucking hate people so much. What's there to gain from fucking saying shit like that? Dipshits.

Agree. Some people either haven't experienced enough stuff to give them some empathy, or else they're so dense that the world can only exist in black and white, good and bad terms. Life is lumpy and grey and we shouldn't be so fucking lame to each other. As tragedies like this illustrate.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -602
  • who knows
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »
So tragic and sad.  Shit.  I want to get mad but before I put the bottle down (thank you Reynolds for showing how it's done) I definitely pulled as regular shit.  I cannot imagine how Corey feels.  I'm upset, but humans make mistakes.  I was quietly wondering the extent of his partying. 

Stay safe y'all, and if anybody feela they wanna not drink always feel free to PM me.  I'm not advocating temperance btw, just saying if somebody's time is up I'm happy to help.  Otherwise do your thing and please be responsible
where is home?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2017, 09:51:45 PM »
RIP p stone. Horrible news. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Im a fan of corey but if this is true he deserves everyday in prison under the law.

Skateboarders around the world will suffer 1/1000000000 of the family and friends

Fuckin tragic
Gentleman ninja warlock

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Quote from: Bumpovertrash �link=topic=96452.msg2681280#msg2681280 date=1504237639
Expand Quote
Rip to one of the best truly a sad day for skateboarding
Cory made a mistake that he will have to live with forever however nobody forced Preston into that car
My condolences to the family
[close]

Gross as fuck blaming the victim
[close]
Don't be a dick, that's not victim blaming. He wasn't raped or murdered, it was an accident. A terrible, awful, tragic accident. �
I wasn't blaming P Stone I just don't want to hear everyone bash Cory like Ali was bashed for making a mistake. Rest In Peace to a amazing human

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
RIP p stone. Horrible news. Thoughts to his family and friends.

Im a fan of corey but if this is true he deserves everyday in prison under the law.

Skateboarders around the world will suffer 1/1000000000 of the family and friends

Fuckin tragic

Come on man, this will be the worst day of Cory's life, and it will be followed by thousands of others that are about as bad. Recovering from this mentally will be a journey he may never complete.

RIP P-Stone. Awful news. what an inspiring person.

Sexytoes69

• Rep: -4
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Comments like those remind me why I fucking hate people so much. What's there to gain from fucking saying shit like that? Dipshits.

[close]

Agree. Some people either haven't experienced enough stuff to give them some empathy, or else they're so dense that the world can only exist in black and white, good and bad terms. Life is lumpy and grey and we shouldn't be so fucking lame to each other. As tragedies like this illustrate.

Damn man... Ali 2.0 is hard. RIP P-Stone. So sad.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
This is no time to argue amongst ourselves. Get out there tomorrow, pour out a cold one and slash some pool coping for our fallen brother. Donate if you are capable his family will need it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »
Raven commented on that kook's IG about his comment

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »
This is fucking terrible. My deepest condolences to P-Stone's friends and family.

As for Cory? He's probably one of my favorite skaters of the new breed and this is an insanely stupid mistake that cost him a friend, most likely his career, and his freedom. I have empathy for him, and I hope others learn from his mistake.

His career with Nike is pretty clearly done and I wouldn't be surprised if he's off Girl. He is facing significant jail time (as he should be) and unless he somehow wasn't drunk (highly unlikely given he has already been charged), I can't see how he will not lose a couple years of freedom.

I don't want to blame the victim, but remember, P-Stone got in a car with a drunk Cory. I would have significantly less empathy for Cory if he killed an innocent kid crossing the street. I don't know if that is the correct way to view it, but I do.

I had a friend who killed another friend in a car accident when we were 17. They weren't drunk but they weren't wearing seatbelts. This is something Cory will never forget and haunt him for the rest of his life. He doesn't need assholes commenting on his IG like that. Long term, everywhere he goes, this is what people will associate with him, and that is a very heavy burden to carry. He is going to wake up many days for the rest of his life wishing it was him and not P-Stone.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:54:12 PM by DannyDee »

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:05 PM »
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
  RIP Preston
 RIP

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2017, 10:27:53 PM »
I was never a fan of P-stone's filming but his run and gun approach was respectable and people enjoyed it so as a fellow filmer my opinion doesn't really mean shit.

I feel some of the shit that went down when he was behind the camera should have been documented better. I'll catch heat but w/e.

On a positive note he was obviously a moral boost for everyone on said trip / filming mission. A person that can provoke people to produce is very beneficial. This whole situation is so fucked and will definitely shake up the industry.

I'm curious to see how this plays out with punishment / time served since CK's family is obviously well off. Isn't he a descendent of JFK?

CK puts off the vibe that he can do what ever he wants due to his skill / image. I.E. riding AntiHero boards blatantly in front of Rick and Mike.
Everyone here knows the code and this is concerning (you should respect your boss). It's rich kid behavior. IMHO he needs a taste of the real world, but we can't place blame until he goes to trial.

Below is a screen shot to verify.

http://imgur.com/a/xH5pT

Hardy the forum to criticise his filming.

RIP.
Cory's life will be in ruins. The whole thing's tragic, awful and FUCKED.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:36:44 PM by Burt Ward »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2017, 10:30:15 PM »
Huge loss for skating. RIP P Stone. Skating has a drinking problem and it really needs addressed  :(

Moey

• Rep: 1
    • Jason Morey avatar image
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »
Such horrible news. Unbelievable.  :'(
@jasonmorey

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
Prayers to P Stone and his family! Such devastating news. I grew up in Seattle, CK1 is my idol. I watched him go from flow to legend. This news is truly heartbreaking.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2017, 10:49:44 PM »
Can't belive this. Wish P-Stones family and Corys family nothing but the best. Cory should have known better, but that is always easy to say when something like this happens.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2017, 10:57:09 PM »
First, I can't understate my feelings for P stone's family.Also i loved him/his work etc..
 I feel so bad for CORY, people will hate, but he accidentally killed one of his best friends, it will kill him inside for a long time if not forever. The spark he had in his eye may never comeback, look at Boulala he never got that light back. Cory will probably want to spend every day possible in that prison. I feel horrible for him. P Stone loved Cory and would be bummed at everyone hating on Cory. They were partying together and this tragedy happened. P Stone would want us all to support Cory through his horrible journey he will have to make.
 In one recent Thrasher Cory said to Phelper something like "all my friends are dead or in jail" I know Cory was self medicating through lots of internal sadness just based of that quote.
 I wish we could give P Stone back to his family and to all of skateboarding, but it can't be so. I wish we could give Cory back to skateboarding and back to his happy ways, but I fear it won't be. I feel for Grant and Da'an and a few others who were so close to Preston and who looked up to him in a father figure type way. Those that know those guys should keep a watchful eye on them and their consumption in the coming months we don't want to loose more people, Preston would be crushed, he had such a love for all those guys and for all of the skateboarding audience and foremost his family. Great guy, his great laugh or chuckle during filming comes to mind over and over. I will miss Re_Brew episodes so much, Thrasher should compile them all onto hard copies, that would be a treasure and permanent memorial for him to be remembered.
  RIP Preston
 RIP

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2017, 10:59:08 PM »
Huge loss for skating. RIP P Stone. Skating has a drinking problem and it really needs addressed  :(

Humanity has a substance problem. It's not like skating is any different than any other group of people.

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2017, 11:06:05 PM »
Wow, this is so tragic. Condolences to pstones family, friends and the whole skateboard industry. 

If these rumors are true, (remember guys, nothing is confirmed at this time) I can only imagine the agony Cory is in mentally and physically right now. This will be a pill that's almost impossible to swallow.

Rest In Peace to an amazing human.

IHOP

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2017, 11:08:33 PM »
Wonder if Ali will be reaching out.  Not the greatest thing to bond over, but he is one of the only people that understands that position along with the scope/pressure the skate industry will have on the situation.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2017, 11:16:19 PM »
people are such fucking idiots. how many of us have driven intoxicated at least once in our lives? i think most people that drink have driven drunk. that doesn't make it right or okay but it's not like cory was trying to intentionally hurt his friend or put him in danger from the way it sounds. everyone brings up shane and ali so on that note, remember when they said shane was begging ali to let him jump on the back of that bike? well, what if p stone drank too much last night and asked cory to drive? you never know. it's not like he was in the car against his will, if anything it sounds like a night of drinking and laughing with the boys that took a wrong turn, a fatal one at that.. it's very sad with the kids and wife being involved and my heart and condolences go out to them heavily. nobody ever knows the real story behind these things besides the people involved yet everyone wants to point a finger at the guy who is probably already living in a literal world of shit (prison time and being the person at blame for one of your best friends death aren't exactly comforting feelings i'd imagine). and once again.. on the note of shane or keenan or anyone in the skate industry that went too young, those guys were in their 20s, they had the world ahead of them and hadn't really even peaked persay or accomplished all that they could... p stone had a wife and kids and was a dude in his mid 40s that everyone knew and loved. not saying it's any less tragic, i'm just saying in this death we should also give appreciation and thanks to the guy for being such a good human being and really giving something to this world, whether it be what he did with a grill or what he did behind a lens (even though everyone likes to bitch about that) he made his mark and we should salute him for that (or pour out a brew). i didn't know the guy but it's obvious he impacted the skate world and was a very likeable guy so i just thought i'd pay tribute. gonna go pour one out and then shotgun one for the master lensman, pstone.

rest in peach big dog.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
 �RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

I forgot about that. That was in the last issue. Such a dark heavy quote. Poor dude's probably feeling suicidal right now. Whole thing is so fucked.
[close]

I do not agree. His families lawyers will go to bat for him. CK1 is very privileged. This stunt will be a huge wake up call for him.
He's facing a minimum of 6 and 1/2 years, which maybe with good behavior gets him out in 2 and a 1/8th. Who knows what he can plead down to, but if his blood tested above the limit or for other substances, he's probably fucked. This will probably ruin his life and career. It is a fair consequence for his actions, but I don't think it's right to rag on him just because he grew up wealthy. People of all walks of life make this stupid mistake. Whether it is from a culture of entitlement, rooted in substance abuse issues probably isn't fair to speculate at this time. All 99% of this forum know about him are his interviews, footage and maybe a small interaction at a demo or something.

No matter how good his lawyers are, unless they find some loophole that will get blood evidence thrown out, he is probably fucked.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
 �RIP Preston
 RIP
[close]

[close]

I do not agree. His families lawyers will go to bat for him. CK1 is very privileged. This stunt will be a huge wake up call for him.

I think the bolded quote makes it pretty obvious that "privilege" doesn't make people impervious from life's hardships. Chill out.

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2017, 11:26:31 PM »
Prayers go to all families involved. I stopped drinking 4 years ago and every time I watch a video that has partying or drunk antics I just get bummed. I guess it's hard for me to let go of all the bad that came with drinking even though I no longer drink. This I can't even describe. Rest well Preston.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2017, 11:33:38 PM »
Keep getting sick every time I try to type. My best friend hung himself in jail two days after after something very similar. And now that I've got a young child, this all just breaks my heart. Painful doesn't come close