Author Topic: Raymond Molinar off Stereo on WKND?  (Read 10848 times)

Murray Hewitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Raymond Molinar off Stereo on WKND?
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:37:21 AM »
Looks like another new board co. called WKND
He's off Stereo's team page.
Expecting good things.

http://statigr.am/p/558084072039380154_7283452

twitchflip

• Rep: 58
Re: Raymond Molinar off Stereo on WKND?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:22:31 AM »
dude needs to stop sponsor hopping and put out a part that's akin to his potential. ive been expecting big things from him for years. i suppose getting out of the stereo vortex is a plus. i wish him well on this new WKND thing

Murdock

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 04:03:18 AM »
dude needs to stop sponsor hopping and put out a part that's akin to his potential. ive been expecting big things from him for years. i suppose getting out of the stereo vortex is a plus. i wish him well on this new WKND thing
Same here, just watched his inhabitants part after I saw this thread.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 04:04:30 AM »
His semi recent converse part, with the frontside flip fakie fakie nose grind, was sick

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 04:12:23 AM »
Kind of bothers me that in the WKND graphic on the board, the W and K aren't aligned with the box.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 04:35:01 AM »
Hyped for him just to be out of the Stereo wasteland. He always seemed like a perfect fit on Habitat.

I wish him the best on this new stuff.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »
Frontside flip fakie 5-0 , I mean

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 06:53:10 AM »
wknd boards, sml wheels... does this guy have a thing against vowels?

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:00:19 AM »
Kind of bothers me that in the WKND graphic on the board, the W and K aren't aligned with the box.

Looks like it's just stenciled.

I believe Grant Yansura is behind WKND, and if that is the case it will be fuckin rad.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Randozzi

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »
Hope the best for Molinar, more footage would be sick. he shootsa some nice photos as well.

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
And yet another new board company..

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I believe Grant Yansura is behind WKND, and if that is the case it will be fuckin rad.
How do you guys hate on the name Fucking Awsome but the title Cosmic Vomit gets a pass ???

???

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
His semi recent converse part, with the frontside flip fakie fakie nose grind, was sick

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3343
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 09:21:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
How do you guys hate on the name Fucking Awsome but the title Cosmic Vomit gets a pass ???

Um...because one's a brand name and one is the name of a video? That's like comparing Apple Computers and The Vagina Monologues. Am I mistaken on this? Not saying I like Cosmic Vomit...it's regular...but there's a HUGE fucking difference between a brand name and a video title.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »
I prefer Apple phones and vagina interludes.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
That cons part is short but oh so sweet!

I think this is going to be good for him!

Can't wait to see what these guys put out.
I need a coffee

sonny sharrock

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 09:56:34 AM »
If the heads at Stereo are smart, (which they apparently are not), they will bump up Tommy Fynn to pro status.

Let's recap all the great pros that left because Stereo did nothing to market them, (which is why they have pros right?):
Olly Todd
Benny Fairfax
Danny Supa
Shimizu
Ben Gore
Raymond Molinar
Jack Sabback

You might not be into all of these riders individually but imagine if they had put a video out like they claimed they would since at least 2006; it definitely would have been great for the Stereo brand to re-establish themselves. Danny Renaud could have even had a full Stereo part with that team as well along with Dyson Ramones who ripped.

Not putting out a video has been the single thing that has kept them a lower level brand not able to break through to their former status in the 90's, (in fact, their past is all they rely on now it seems).

Now you got two pros left on the team that if you looked real fast, you might confuse for the other, (no disrespect to Clint and Leeper; they're both sick skaters).

Oh yeah, best of luck with the new company Raymond.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
Where did Jack Sabback go?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 10:35:56 AM »
Where did Jack Sabback go?
Retired. Now the Nike SB rep in the Northeast.   

Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »
I started a post on this last night in the Gear section.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=73564.0

Stereo is practically Acme now.  Each pro or legend has 1 or less pro models and they are mostly generic looking.  The majority of the boards are team/logo boards.  Whoever owns Stereo is taking a larger cut than "normal"

http://stereosoundagency.com/stereo-summer-2013/

Glad Molinar left.

sonny sharrock

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=73564.0

Stereo is practically Acme now.  Each pro or legend has 1 or less pro models and they are mostly generic looking.  The majority of the boards are team/logo boards.  Whoever owns Stereo is taking a larger cut than "normal"

Glad Molinar left.

You are right about the Acme thing. They basically started with this art direction back in 09 and have kept a lot of the exact same graphics, just different colorways.

Stereo is owned by Antics Distribution which I believe started out of Australia with Theeve and Armadildo. Before that Stereo (and the Berrics) was pretty much owned by the Church of Scientology, (after they left Giant).

I was bummed when they went to Antics because they pretty much dropped HiFi Wheels, (they still have an old catalog on the Antics site). HiFi had some rad art direction for a while by Ian Johnson.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 11:25:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Glad Molinar left.
[close]

You are right about the Acme thing. They basically started with this art direction back in 09 and have kept a lot of the exact same graphics, just different colorways.

Stereo is owned by Antics Distribution which I believe started out of Australia with Theeve and Armadildo. Before that Stereo (and the Berrics) was pretty much owned by the Church of Scientology, (after they left Giant).

I was bummed when they went to Antics because they pretty much dropped HiFi Wheels, (they still have an old catalog on the Antics site). HiFi had some rad art direction for a while by Ian Johnson.

Maybe the lack of pro models is a bit of a reflection of the current state of the market.  Was looking at the Baker site and aside from Reynolds and Theotis, majority of pros only have 1 model each, Herman and Figgy with 2.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »
Sponsor hopping? He was on Stereo for a couple of years, then Habitat before that, for a couple of years, and then Popwar before that, for a couple of years. Dude seemed at least relatively loyal to the guys that sponsored him. He was by no means, "sponsor hopping" a lot of dudes switch up sponsors after a few years.

As well, I'm sure it was difficult to put out a part that lived up to his potential on a team that was hyping up what seemed to be a nonexistent video. That converse part he dropped was really good and really stylish

sonny sharrock

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sponsor hopping? He was on Stereo for a couple of years, then Habitat before that, for a couple of years, and then Popwar before that, for a couple of years. Dude seemed at least relatively loyal to the guys that sponsored him. He was by no means, "sponsor hopping" a lot of dudes switch up sponsors after a few years.

As well, I'm sure it was difficult to put out a part that lived up to his potential on a team that was hyping up what seemed to be a nonexistent video. That converse part he dropped was really good and really stylish

Definitely agree with you on all that. Was thinking the same thing when he said "sponsor hopping".

He did sponsor hop for a second though with shoe sponsors before he got on cons but that's another subject.

Phosphoresence

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »
I fucking hope that this WKND thing is a complete joke by Grant and co.

I can imagine it is. They may just be taking the piss out of all the new board companies popping up here and there.

False hype.

Maybe.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:35 PM »

Agreed. I was thinking the same, that he had relatively decent time put in with each of his board sponsors. Anyone know the reasons he left Habitat?

I fucking hope that this WKND thing is a complete joke by Grant and co. I can imagine it is. They may just be taking the piss out of all the new board companies popping up here and there. False hype.

Maybe.

I don't follow? Why would you hope it's a joke?

sonny sharrock

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agreed. I was thinking the same, that he had relatively decent time put in with each of his board sponsors. Anyone know the reasons he left Habitat?

Expand Quote
I fucking hope that this WKND thing is a complete joke by Grant and co. I can imagine it is. They may just be taking the piss out of all the new board companies popping up here and there. False hype.

Maybe.
[close]

I don't follow? Why would you hope it's a joke?

Apparently he left Habitat because him and the main filmer during Inhabitants did not get along and it bubbled into a negative situation that led to him being let go. It happened rather quickly after Inhabitants came out; maybe a year after.

bigdickclique

• Rep: 0
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2013, 03:14:28 PM »

Laban Fetus

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
Stereo's trajectory with riders is seriously laughable. It's like they gain and subsequently lose new people every 6 months. And their video that's been "in the works" for about a decade now. Wonder what they did with all the Tony Silva footage?

sonny sharrock

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
Stereo's trajectory with riders is seriously laughable. It's like they gain and subsequently lose new people every 6 months. And their video that's been "in the works" for about a decade now. Wonder what they did with all the Tony Silva footage?

Probably the same thing they did with everyone else's footage...nothing