Author Topic: Guy on Dickies  (Read 4956 times)

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: Guy on Dickies
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2022, 12:19:29 PM »
I say this as a huge Guy fan.. seriously one of my all time favorite skaters, but how is he getting any new sponsors right now? Hasn’t had a part in almost what a decade? Aside from some IG clips and a photo here and there he’s been absent from skating for what seems like ages. During that time he got a colorway on Nike, a new pro model on Thunder, now he’s on dickies. I don’t get it.

Yeah, he hasn't put a part out but he's put out crazy IG clips every week for like the past decade and in today's world that matters more to sponsors

eSK3

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 12:43:50 PM »
I dream he and Koston have been stacking clips for years to drop a end all be all that could replace PJLWHL.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 12:54:09 PM »
I haven't seen Shaq play a game of professional basketball in over a decade, why does he still get so many sponsorships and endorsements??

Shaq is on TNT’s Inside the NBA like every other night during the season.

Guy puts out clips on IG like once a month.

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote
I haven't seen Shaq play a game of professional basketball in over a decade, why does he still get so many sponsorships and endorsements??
[close]

Shaq is on TNT’s Inside the NBA like every other night during the season.

Guy puts out clips on IG like once a month.

are you saying that you want to see more clips of Guy talking about/commenting on skateboarding?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2022, 01:33:29 PM »
No I’m saying I want to see Shaq on Dickies

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2022, 05:24:24 PM »
I think if this was anyone else at the same age but wasn’t guy, there would be more of a fuss.
Kinda wondering if this is just a lifestyle endorsements and not the same value as a pro skater, being guy is a big influence on skateboarding still, it’s cool to see he’s able to market himself this way if it were.

The downside, if he’s getting paid a heap of money that could have gone to supporting 10 up and coming skaters, i imagine that’s be where the line would be drawn.

Can we be mad at the guy negotiating guys deals? #flysociety

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2022, 06:45:59 PM »
The two stories he just posted on his ig are pretty great. Would love a full guy part ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Suns out, im going skating. chow

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -388
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2022, 06:55:38 PM »

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2022, 08:19:26 PM »
I wonder if he'll put up with @joeface small man syndrome.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2022, 04:35:09 AM »
No I’m saying I want to see Shaq on Dickies

given all his other endorsements, this would actually make sense. he'd be a great brand ambassador for potential big n tall customers

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2022, 07:12:38 AM »
It’s beginning to become abundantly clear you haven’t heard the real big news about Guy

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2022, 10:30:21 AM »

What’s the matter? Joe not send you a box?
I need a coffee

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2022, 10:53:28 AM »
I say this as a huge Guy fan.. seriously one of my all time favorite skaters, but how is he getting any new sponsors right now? Hasn’t had a part in almost what a decade? Aside from some IG clips and a photo here and there he’s been absent from skating for what seems like ages. During that time he got a colorway on Nike, a new pro model on Thunder, now he’s on dickies. I don’t get it.

Are you under the impression that endorsements are handed out on the basis of recent video parts? He’s one of the most talented and esteemed skaters in history with 260k Instagram followers. That’s how you get sponsorships.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2022, 11:16:36 AM »
It’s beginning to become abundantly clear you haven’t heard the real big news about Guy

spill

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2022, 01:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

spill

he got a new cup

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2022, 01:50:48 PM »
I’m loving this move. Guy deserves all the cash.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

spill
[close]

he got a new cup

Damn I feel like Berra when he asked about the BoFa situation… been over a year since guy had that cover I’m eager my guard is down

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2022, 03:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s the matter? Joe not send you a box?

I think it's no secret he's a angry little bald man. Maybe even more so now that Crypto has gone down the toilet.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2022, 11:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you under the impression that endorsements are handed out on the basis of recent video parts? He’s one of the most talented and esteemed skaters in history with 260k Instagram followers. That’s how you get sponsorships.

I'm under the impression that getting paid as a pro skater = being a pro skater. The last full part Guy put out was how many years ago? And the one before that was how many years ago? The one before that? Again, I love Guy's skating like I seriously watch his Video Days and Mouse part weekly, but I was wondering how is he securing these sponsorships as a professional skater without putting out footage. Maybe his name still does carry that much weight in this Instagram era we live in?

Someone rightfully said that he does put clips on IG and maybe that's why he's stayed relevant. I don't explicitly follow stories, but his last 12 IG posts span 5 years.

I also don't think followers = sponsors. By that logic Burberry Erry or whatever that fuckers name is should be equal to Guy. Does that make any sense to you? I should also mention that I'm not singling Guy out. There are plenty of dudes in the same boat taking spots on a team and money away from others.

It's ridiculous that we put certain skaters on a pedestal just cus they were sick 20 years ago. Call it for what it is ffs. Kook away idgaf.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2022, 11:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm under the impression that getting paid as a pro skater = being a pro skater. The last full part Guy put out was how many years ago? And the one before that was how many years ago? The one before that? Again, I love Guy's skating like I seriously watch his Video Days and Mouse part weekly, but I was wondering how is he securing these sponsorships as a professional skater without putting out footage. Maybe his name still does carry that much weight in this Instagram era we live in?

Someone rightfully said that he does put clips on IG and maybe that's why he's stayed relevant. I don't explicitly follow stories, but his last 12 IG posts span 5 years.

I also don't think followers = sponsors. By that logic Burberry Erry or whatever that fuckers name is should be equal to Guy. Does that make any sense to you? I should also mention that I'm not singling Guy out. There are plenty of dudes in the same boat taking spots on a team and money away from others.

It's ridiculous that we put certain skaters on a pedestal just cus they were sick 20 years ago. Call it for what it is ffs. Kook away idgaf.

Just go with it.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
  • old and in the way
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2022, 11:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Guy is still sick