Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988314 times)

BoxStuffer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3600 on: October 01, 2019, 07:34:20 PM »
Very nice.
Enjoy your life.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3601 on: October 02, 2019, 04:12:48 AM »
another two pairs of adidas LUCAS........i will keep it with these for a while it seems- perfect with some low profile game changers in them!

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3602 on: October 02, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »

Pretty hyped on these two things.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #3603 on: October 02, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
That pyramid country grip is cool. I would recommend putting all (most) of the pieces in or else the thin outlines will just get fucked up quick.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3604 on: October 02, 2019, 01:00:16 PM »
That pyramid country grip is cool. I would recommend putting all (most) of the pieces in or else the thin outlines will just get fucked up quick.
I was just thinking of keeping it all together but have very slim diagonal separating tail from nose.

Freight Train

« Reply #3605 on: October 03, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »
Bought a Spitfire wheels Classic Swirl lapel pin on eBay, white on black enamel.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #3606 on: October 03, 2019, 01:01:01 PM »
A few weeks ago I made a post about how I like DGK graphics. The Marquise is for the wall, but the more I look at this stevie board the more I like it. It's a dope drawing of Stevie that Id love to just have on a shirt

thebacker

« Reply #3607 on: October 03, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »
just got formula four conicals 99a 54mm and bones swiss.

cant think of a better combo to have

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #3608 on: October 04, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
Got a couple t-shirts and an Anti Hero crew neck from the clearance sale on Tactics.

They are supposed to be delivered today.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #3609 on: October 04, 2019, 08:59:35 AM »
Got a couple t-shirts and an Anti Hero crew neck from the clearance sale on Tactics.

They are supposed to be delivered today.
Tactics has never failed once same as CCS I get the corniness of online shopping and the products you want specifically aren't at the local.

I just refuse to buy from my local for his shiesty business scam. Say something that's been out for a while and  should be in the bargain bin he'll charge full price.

fuck man I saw a Famous Stars and Straps shirt there for full price?! Who the fuck wants that gear any ways?! 

While I am at it I'll out this shop Shred Shed in Lake Worth yeah you might get a good deck or two or some shoes but unless you got money to burn go for it but No way am I buying crap from this dude,

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #3610 on: October 04, 2019, 09:24:48 AM »
got vans chinos and an antihero tee for $30 total last week

haven't bought any hard goods since april and I gave away a ton of shit over the summer I had laying around
feels good to release the madness a bit

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #3611 on: October 04, 2019, 08:58:08 PM »
Sreet Plant Mike V 8.75
Anti Hero 8.5 black widow
Indy 159 st11 standards
Bones Reds (shop gave it for free)

What a find

« Reply #3612 on: October 06, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 02:45:16 AM by What a find »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #3613 on: October 07, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »
Just got a Pat Burke poster with my Pat Burke pro model, felt like taping it to the wall as soon as I opened it up, but I’m too old for that, maybe

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3614 on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:46 PM »
Purging some shit and dumping it into picking up some Fall gear:

8.25 impact light full

Had to make shipping from Thank You Supply Co. worth it...so....5.5s

On sale and had a code that worked dropping them down to $50 - tried them on locally, Nike always fit me well in the toe area, and these seemed to be wide enough....condom shoes...but I like the colorway, looks uch nicer in person.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:57:35 PM by Xen »

uncool old fart

• Rep: 18
« Reply #3615 on: October 07, 2019, 07:42:24 PM »
Blasted through my Vans learning how to ollie yesterday, so today I bought myself a new pair of shoes. I've owned skate shoes forever, Vans and chucks have always fit my wide feet well. I wanted to try some Emericas but every pair I tried was too narrow in the toe box for my big ass gorilla feet. I ended up settling on the Etnies Joslins. I haven't skated in them yet, but I really like how grippy the Michelin soles are just standing on my board, and they're really comfortable. Probably the most money I've ever spent on shoes; I hope they last a while. If not, trick tape here I come!

I also picked up a set of 52mm Bones STF V1s and a Bones bearing tool - highly recommended! Made removing and installing bearings so easy.

At this point, I think I’ve seen Bam’s penis more than my own.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3616 on: October 07, 2019, 07:46:26 PM »
Blasted through my Vans learning how to ollie yesterday, so today I bought myself a new pair of shoes. I've owned skate shoes forever, Vans and chucks have always fit my wide feet well. I wanted to try some Emericas but every pair I tried was too narrow in the toe box for my big ass gorilla feet. I ended up settling on the Etnies Joslins. I haven't skated in them yet, but I really like how grippy the Michelin soles are just standing on my board, and they're really comfortable. Probably the most money I've ever spent on shoes; I hope they last a while. If not, trick tape here I come!

I also picked up a set of 52mm Bones STF V1s and a Bones bearing tool - highly recommended! Made removing and installing bearings so easy.
never spent more than $50 for shoes? Either way should be a big upgrade for you

uncool old fart

« Reply #3617 on: October 07, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »

These were $83, beat my favorite pair of Sperrys by ~$3. I hope they last, but I'm looking forward to the improved board feel (compared to my Vans) regardless. I feel much more planted now, even just dicking around in the driveway.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3618 on: October 08, 2019, 03:46:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These were $83, beat my favorite pair of Sperrys by ~$3. I hope they last, but I'm looking forward to the improved board feel (compared to my Vans) regardless. I feel much more planted now, even just dicking around in the driveway.
awesome. I just saw em online for $50 with a quick google search

animalflesh

« Reply #3619 on: October 08, 2019, 06:58:22 AM »

uncool old fart

« Reply #3620 on: October 08, 2019, 07:16:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ah, you're right. I had the shoes wrong. The ones I got are called the Marana Michelin, but they still have Joslin's name on them, oddly enough. They're supposed to be even more durable than the regular Joslins.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #3621 on: October 08, 2019, 07:49:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ah, you're right. I had the shoes wrong. The ones I got are called the Marana Michelin, but they still have Joslin's name on them, oddly enough. They're supposed to be even more durable than the regular Joslins.

The Marana was originally shecks shoe, from like 2011. Sheck of course fell off and etnies pivoted to a team shoe, then started slapping Joslin's name on it before his own shoe came out. Also if you like look at the the promo material for the Joslin, it's basically a marana with a different skin on the outside.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #3622 on: October 08, 2019, 07:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

The Marana was originally shecks shoe, from like 2011. Sheck of course fell off and etnies pivoted to a team shoe, then started slapping Joslin's name on it before his own shoe came out. Also if you like look at the the promo material for the Joslin, it's basically a marana with a different skin on the outside.

cool i didnt know that history.  either way marana michelin mids are the best shoe on the market right now.

uncool old fart

« Reply #3623 on: October 08, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Sweet, I'll definitely check those out. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Never had Etnies before so I'd never really looked into them too much.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3624 on: October 08, 2019, 09:55:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Maranas will have many things better in them than a pair of Vans but boardfeel will definitely not be one of them.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3625 on: October 08, 2019, 10:24:22 AM »
https://folklore.com.au/product/ricky-glaser-pro-fibre-tech-lite/

Got a trip down for a wedding, thought I would pick up a local board. First time skating a board with a fiber insert; last one I skated was a Darkstar one a decade ago and it snapped.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #3626 on: October 08, 2019, 10:29:22 AM »

8.25 impact light full

On sale and had a code that worked dropping them down to $50 - tried them on locally, Nike always fit me well in the toe area, and these seemed to be wide enough....condom shoes...but I like the colorway, looks uch nicer in person.

Curious to know what you think of the tensors. I ended up getting a pair and so far they've been my favorite truck. They've got these little nubs on the base plate that dig into your board a bit so the trucks don't wobble around and warp the mounting holes like I've had with other trucks (theeve, thunder, indy were all really bad for this for some reason).

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3627 on: October 08, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote

8.25 impact light full

[close]

Curious to know what you think of the tensors. I ended up getting a pair and so far they've been my favorite truck. They've got these little nubs on the base plate that dig into your board a bit so the trucks don't wobble around and warp the mounting holes like I've had with other trucks (theeve, thunder, indy were all really bad for this for some reason).

I got a pair last year and loved them.  I'm thinking I'm going back after I'm done with my ventures.
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #3628 on: October 08, 2019, 07:23:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got a pair last year and loved them.  I'm thinking I'm going back after I'm done with my ventures.

I really like them. I had some venture highs ages ago which were pretty good too, I just didn't find they turned as much as I'd like. I went to these after I started grinding the kingpin on my aces, so far I'm loving it. Good turn with various tweaks like the lower kingpin go a long way.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3629 on: October 08, 2019, 11:01:35 PM »
Ace 66s, whoever stf v1 52mm's and "bigballs". 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"