Author Topic: The Nine Club is done for good now. So long 9 cub  (Read 22679 times)

straight fucking edge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
Re: The Nine Club is done for good now. So long 9 cub
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2020, 06:27:41 AM »
Expand Quote
How is a 1-2 hour long podcast a week “long hours” haha
[close]

They were doing two shows a week. Managing edits from multiple cameras and audio and making sure it all runs smoothly, checking said edits, going through mistakes and re-editing etc. And they're also running a website and merch sales along with answering tonnes of emails etc. That's really a lot of work.

People get spoon fed so much that people are almost naive enough to think this kind of content just appears out of nowhere with minimal effort.

i am lead to believe that most people on here don't have jobs where they actually have to do any real work
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2020, 07:02:30 AM »
Crob also spends alot of time researching each and every guest before each interview.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2020, 08:11:20 AM »
Crob also spends alot of time researching each and every guest before each interview.
I'm a fan of the show and not sure if you're serious but it doesn't seem like he really does tbh.

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
In the jerry hsu one at 32.45 rog pops a pimple on his face, looks at it, eats it
[close]

Holy shit he does. I thought you were trolling.

jesus what a freak

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2020, 08:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In the jerry hsu one at 32.45 rog pops a pimple on his face, looks at it, eats it
[close]

[close]

jesus what a freak
This needs to be made public. I went back and watched it. No shame whatsoever.
He picks. He looks. He eats.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They were doing two shows a week. Managing edits from multiple cameras and audio and making sure it all runs smoothly, checking said edits, going through mistakes and re-editing etc. And they're also running a website and merch sales along with answering tonnes of emails etc. That's really a lot of work.

People get spoon fed so much that people are almost naive enough to think this kind of content just appears out of nowhere with minimal effort.
[close]

i am lead to believe that most people on here don't have jobs where they actually have to do any real work

Wait, so you're telling me the modem economy is largely made up of people getting paid for pretending to do something important?!

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2020, 09:17:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

jesus what a freak
[close]

If the year was 1578, Roger would be living in a belltower.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:19:25 AM by HeapsCool »

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
Re: The Nine Club is done for 6 weeks
« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2020, 09:19:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They have an average of 780,185 views a week between their 2 channels just on youtube at the moment. With more plays on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

[close]

Please tell me that you actually spent your time calculating this number.
[close]
you need to be getting at least a million views every day to make any money on youtube nowadays too
[close]

They average 50k approx just eye balling it, experience highlights has tons of shows under 10k. Fucking 780k views a week, not even close.

The experience episode uploaded 6 days ago has 54k views.

This does not mean the 2 channels have had 54k views in the last 6 days as there are 675 other uploads viewers can watch THAT SAME WEEK.

People go back and watch the old ones.

Highlights channel 2,571,059 views in the last 30 days
Main channel 981,344 views in the last 30 days

schooled by fil

what a fucking post no. 2

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2020, 09:32:25 AM »
Does anyone know what Crob's day job is/was? Dude has a lot of Apple products and an electric car.

I feel like the podcast has been forced for the last couple of months -- both versions -- like to keep up the views / cash, they are bringing some phony version of their original energy of what worked. I've seen this in a lot of podcasts, they kind of go:

1) Starting phase -- no one knows what they're doing but it's clear they have something
2) Figuring it out -- it's getting better and building viewers. Lots of the dumb in-jokes that will last forever are formed here
3) Hitting the stride -- it's legit good, but still not well known enough
4) Popular / influential -- (as described)
5) Chasing it -- It's harder to maintain, you see behind the scenes people being added (9club doesn't edit their own show anymore)
6) Faking it -- to continue growth they start to try and manufacture the stuff that was really propelling them back in phase 3/4
7) ??? -- I have no idea because I usually stop listening to podcasts at that point, but I assume it's "sad retreads"

I feel like Ronnie Sandoval episode was where the Nine Club slid in Category 6. They spend the whole intro talking about how great the episode was going to be, and how much fun they had talking off camera, and then there was no fucking energy in the actual episode, it felt fake as hell. The Dom episode was the icing on the cake. That guy was fun to listen to but toxic af.

Ragdoll was maybe the last great episode. It's clear they enjoy the experience more because it's just shit talking with the boys and Dumb Stuff Eldy Says, and I don't mind the experience but it's not a crucial listen like the main podcast was.

Anyway it bums me out but the reality is all things have a life and a death and I am still a fan but it feels like its in its decline / end now.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2020, 09:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not going to watch I'll puke my guts out :D

jesus what a freak
[close]
[close]

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3368
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »
"9 cub" is my Grindr profile name.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2020, 09:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not going to watch I'll puke my guts out :D

jesus what a freak
[close]
[close]

[close]

this is the kind of energy I come here for

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2020, 10:18:13 AM »

Edit: still love ya rog
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:08:35 AM by os89 »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »
That shit is unforgivable

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2020, 10:25:14 AM »
::kelly voice:: duuude that's so gnarly

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2020, 10:29:41 AM »
See it’s shit like that

That’s what’s keepin me from being able to see the shawtys at the club

No I’m I’ll quarantined and shit

Little Debbie

« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »
the bunt guys just feel way more authentic. like you're hearing the homies at the park just shoot the shit. not overproduced, and good, relatable content that doesn't need a camera rolling.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stealing this if that's okay. My old ass never made a gif ever.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

jesus what a freak
[close]
[close]

Fuck this got me good, fuckin Rogimodo

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2020, 12:09:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Except that’s 100% bullshit because Kelly “edits it live” by switching between cameras with his controller during the episodes.

The Experience episodes are literally broadcast live with all the camera cuts happening real time.. Once the show is over it’s a finished product. does that not make it obvious that the same thing happens for the main show?

As for “checking Audio levels” what a fucking joke hahahahah you literally speak/shout as loud as you can into the mic and adjust the input gain until it’s a healthy signal (more than -10db) but not peaking (over 0db). Takes 5 seconds at the start and then you’re set, ridiculously fucking easy. If they wanted it to be even easier they could buy a FMR Audio RNC and slap it on the master, but that’s not really necessary. Also this is the digital age so it’s not like we need to dial in the input gain perfectly or there’ll be a loud noise floor. Y’all don’t know what you’re talking about. And of course try to insult me about my comment because it’s slap lol.

“Running a website” is equally effortless in 2020. Unless they stubbornly wanted to code the whole thing from scratch or something, which I highly doubt is the case.

Same as selling merch. Never been easier in history to do that, and has massive profit margins.

What makes you think they are “answering tons of emails?”

what was it like typing that whole thing up with none of it being true?

NBD4ABD

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Wait, so you're telling me the modem economy is largely made up of people getting paid for pretending to do something important?!
This comment could not be more true. Shalom.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »
skate fillet is on 'a break'  i think its done.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2020, 01:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Except that’s 100% bullshit because Kelly “edits it live” by switching between cameras with his controller during the episodes.

The Experience episodes are literally broadcast live with all the camera cuts happening real time.. Once the show is over it’s a finished product. does that not make it obvious that the same thing happens for the main show?

As for “managing audio” what a fucking joke hahahahah you literally speak/shout as loud as you can into the mic and adjust the input gain until it’s a healthy signal (more than -10db) but not peaking (over 0db). Takes 5 seconds at the start and then you’re set, ridiculously fucking easy. If they wanted it to be even easier they could buy a FMR Audio RNC and slap it on the master, but that’s not really necessary. Also this is the digital age so it’s not like we need to dial in the input gain perfectly or there’ll be a loud noise floor. Y’all don’t know what you’re talking about. And of course try to insult me about my comment because it’s slap lol.

“Running a website” is equally effortless in 2020. Unless they stubbornly wanted to code the whole thing from scratch or something, which I highly doubt is the case.

Same as selling merch. Never been easier in history to do that, and has massive profit margins.

You must love making shit up! I like how you threw some legit db numbers in there to provide credibility. I particularly liked the one about kelly switching cameras live!! is he doing it with mind control?

doyle

• Rep: 213
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As for “managing audio” what a fucking joke hahahahah you literally speak/shout as loud as you can into the mic and adjust the input gain until it’s a healthy signal (more than -10db) but not peaking (over 0db). Takes 5 seconds at the start and then you’re set, ridiculously fucking easy. If they wanted it to be even easier they could buy a FMR Audio RNC and slap it on the master, but that’s not really necessary. Also this is the digital age so it’s not like we need to dial in the input gain perfectly or there’ll be a loud noise floor. Y’all don’t know what you’re talking about. And of course try to insult me about my comment because it’s slap lol.

Please read: http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2017/07/19/behind-scenes-nine-club-studio/

conqueso

« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2020, 02:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You must love making shit up! I like how you threw some legit db numbers in there to provide credibility. I particularly liked the one about kelly switching cameras live!! is he doing it with mind control?

shalom mind power

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess in a sense it is mind control.. his mind controls his fingers which press the controller, you blind motherfucker

that is literally a button he has to press for his mic to work you god damn idiot

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2020, 03:11:48 PM »
Does anyone know what Crob's day job is/was? Dude has a lot of Apple products and an electric car.

I feel like the podcast has been forced for the last couple of months -- both versions -- like to keep up the views / cash, they are bringing some phony version of their original energy of what worked. I've seen this in a lot of podcasts, they kind of go:

1) Starting phase -- no one knows what they're doing but it's clear they have something
2) Figuring it out -- it's getting better and building viewers. Lots of the dumb in-jokes that will last forever are formed here
3) Hitting the stride -- it's legit good, but still not well known enough
4) Popular / influential -- (as described)
5) Chasing it -- It's harder to maintain, you see behind the scenes people being added (9club doesn't edit their own show anymore)
6) Faking it -- to continue growth they start to try and manufacture the stuff that was really propelling them back in phase 3/4
7) ??? -- I have no idea because I usually stop listening to podcasts at that point, but I assume it's "sad retreads"

I feel like Ronnie Sandoval episode was where the Nine Club slid in Category 6. They spend the whole intro talking about how great the episode was going to be, and how much fun they had talking off camera, and then there was no fucking energy in the actual episode, it felt fake as hell. The Dom episode was the icing on the cake. That guy was fun to listen to but toxic af.

Ragdoll was maybe the last great episode. It's clear they enjoy the experience more because it's just shit talking with the boys and Dumb Stuff Eldy Says, and I don't mind the experience but it's not a crucial listen like the main podcast was.

Anyway it bums me out but the reality is all things have a life and a death and I am still a fan but it feels like its in its decline / end now.

great post. described the podcast life cycle perfectly. this happened a lot when Rogan's podcast really started blowing up around 2012/ 2013. a ton of other spin off podcasts popped up through the Deathsquad network, and all but a few fizzled out hard within the first few years. when everything is formulaic other than who you insert as the guest, it becomes very boring very quickly. the podcasts I still listen to are the ones hosted by someone I'm truly a fan of or have been listening to for 5+ years.

I think the 9 Club could be sustainable long term if they talked with guests in more of a "true" podcast format, and didn't feel so "interview-y." I want to know how these people tick outside of skating. While yeah, it's a skateboarding podcast and they're there to talk about skating, I wouldn't mind if the conversation went into other realms involving real life, being-a-human, topics.

I wish the best for the crew of the show. They worked their asses off to get to where they are now and it would be a shame to see them have to give it up after all this time. 

Dr Dew

« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »
sorry guys i need to chill out and learn to just refrain from posting when im in a bad a mood..  gonna focus and stay away for now cause me spazzing on here regularly probably isn't good for me or the boards. peace out fools!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2020, 03:31:08 PM »
oh no don’t go wait

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2020, 03:48:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess in a sense it is mind control.. his mind controls his fingers which press the controller, you blind motherfucker

[close]

Haha you actually are climbing up my troll respect levels, that button is living proof Kelly is so far from capable of doing anything technical let alone in 'real time', the button was originally there as a cheap solution to give him an audio interrupt. He has kept using it because he cant break the habit. You are either the dumbest fuck on these forums or you are levelling up ur troll power. You know the answer.