Author Topic: The Nine Club is done for good now. So long 9 cub  (Read 22752 times)

Kylo Send

Re: The Nine Club is done for 6 weeks
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2020, 05:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They have an average of 780,185 views a week between their 2 channels just on youtube at the moment. With more plays on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

[close]

Please tell me that you actually spent your time calculating this number.
[close]
you need to be getting at least a million views every day to make any money on youtube nowadays too

They average 50k approx just eye balling it, experience highlights has tons of shows under 10k. Fucking 780k views a week, not even close.

Telly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2020, 05:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They have an average of 780,185 views a week between their 2 channels just on youtube at the moment. With more plays on iTunes, Spotify, etc.

[close]

Please tell me that you actually spent your time calculating this number.
[close]
you need to be getting at least a million views every day to make any money on youtube nowadays too
[close]

They average 50k approx just eye balling it, experience highlights has tons of shows under 10k. Fucking 780k views a week, not even close.

This.  Also just because the Merch is sold out doesn’t mean they are selling much.  It could also mean they aren’t making any money and can’t afford to order more.  Also, the first ten minutes of the last experience I listened to was them explaining they knew how YouTube works and begging for money.  Pretty sad.  Boot steezus and bring in Chris Cole, his guest spot episode of the experience is their best show.  I think.  It’s the only one I made it through.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2020, 06:47:44 PM »
Honestly I like The Bunt way more than the 9 club...The Bunt guys just have a simple formula they stick to...

Makes sense

Skeeter

• Rep: 8
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »
Of course they will continue to do the experience tho because they make so much money off donations. The experience sucks compared to the main show  :-\
We don't take kindly to scooter kids in these parts

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »
Of course they will continue to do the experience tho because they make so much money off donations. The experience sucks compared to the main show  :-\

How much do you think they make? Most people only donate a dollar for a chance at winning product.

Skeeter

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How much do you think they make? Most people only donate a dollar for a chance at winning product.

One guy usually drops a couple hundred himself every episode. I'm thinking they probably make a grand plus ad revenue
We don't take kindly to scooter kids in these parts

jesus horse

• Rep: -43
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The experience will be even funnier when they are all running respirators in the studio and the whole show is just soundbytes.
[close]

Holy fuck, this might be the darkest comment I’ve seen on here in a long time. Jesus man, I hope you’re doing ok homie.
[close]

”Please pals let’s find out how thirsty this bitch is and humiliate her“

I don’t know, this comment seems pretty fucked up and darker than joking about the 9 club crew doing a show while on respirators
[close]

I like how you don’t even have the full quote to this shit, you just pull shit out like fucking sensationalist media members. Cheetah definitely was Wildin and spouting some nonsense on here, but definitely came from a sense of standing up for Chris. Chick wants to embarass the man online, Cheetah gonna step up, and give her the taste of her own medicine ya know. Like of all times to post that shit too, chick can’t be that fucking stupid, everyone is inside looking at their shit.
[close]

By trying to justify it, you’re making it worse (you monster).
[close]

Bra you’re the motherfucker I bet who If say Chris was doing the same shit to Julia, you would be like dude men shouldn’t treat women like that. Bra maybe what I said was wrong, and I’m not always right and I don’t act like it, but two things, if you don’t find what Julia is doing is wrong then you fucked because you know your white knightin ass would be saying how fucked it is that men treat women like shit if he was doin the same shit bra, and two if you take what I say as like verbatim my views on shit then you definitely do not understand this character, and therefore jokes on you bra for gettin trolled. It was a satire on slaps call to action over fucked shit and how basically because it’s a chick to a dude y’all would find it fucked up, it’s literally masterclass trolling but you seem to not be able to comprehend that, so I guess professor sheets has to say it out loud making it less funny because I have to explain the joke. I felt bad afterwards a little because  I felt like someone might actually have the balls to go schemin and like fake this chick out on tinder or some shit, so i gave a clarification on that. Like at most all I was expecting was someone to go screenshot her tinder pics which are fair game when swipin imo, but like yeah that’s definitely takin it to far even for cheetah trollin I’ll give you that. Like when my homies see chicks/dudes from high school or college on tinder they screenshot and send me the pics and are like damn look who this chick/dude turned into or whatever. Like that shits fair game if you throwing that shit out on the Internet. Like basically at the end of the day that thread was fucked because after really thinking about it both sides are fucking dipshits, and it just turned into a Maury Povich shitshow.

The bra is the ultimate symbol of Female opression. Did you mean to say brah? Or bro? Or bruh?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2020, 09:30:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

One guy usually drops a couple hundred himself every episode. I'm thinking they probably make a grand plus ad revenue

You should probably read the whole thread, Kelly said they made 900 bucks from the charity episode which is the most they have ever made from a superchat.

So say average is 700 bucks, ad rev is prob around 500 bucks a week tops, merch probably not worth mentioning.. Rounding up maybe 2k per week before costs? They probably work long hours and pay crob, rog and kelly wages out of that (maybe even chip steezus and edridge a hunge an episode). Its keeping food on the table but they arent buying Lambos anytime soon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:34:22 PM by hateboard »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2020, 10:02:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You should probably read the whole thread, Kelly said they made 900 bucks from the charity episode which is the most they have ever made from a superchat.

So say average is 700 bucks, ad rev is prob around 500 bucks a week tops, merch probably not worth mentioning.. Rounding up maybe 2k per week before costs? They probably work long hours and pay crob, rog and kelly wages out of that (maybe even chip steezus and edridge a hunge an episode). Its keeping food on the table but they arent buying Lambos anytime soon.
youtube takes 30% of every donation too

Tracersbrother

• Rep: -195
Re: The Nine Club is done for good now. So long 9 cub
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2020, 10:09:40 PM »
The reason the title got changed was because someone DMed Roger today and asked him whats up with 9. He wrote back they are stopping it for good and might do a special 9club every few months here and there. Check insta for proof. This sucks fellas

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2020, 10:20:29 PM »
The reason the title got changed was because someone DMed Roger today and asked him whats up with 9. He wrote back they are stopping it for good and might do a special 9club every few months here and there. Check insta for proof. This sucks fellas

What are you babbling about now? Not one post you have referred to has been true or existent lol

YutoBufoni

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2020, 10:28:47 PM »

They sell a lot of nine club merch (often sold out) and have weekly donations from loyal fans. They do paid promotions for brands (nixon, volcom, nhs, new era) and collect youtube ad revenue.

They aren't going anywhere, podcasts are only getting bigger and all you dumb fucks constantly bitching about this show are burnt.

No one gives a fuck if you don't like the show or you don't watch podcasts.

What they said ^^^

LouisGarbagio

• Rep: -2
  • I took LSD at Muska's crib in the 90s
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:40 PM »
That brooklyn dom dude was the nail in the coffin... his energy is toxic. Additionally, Rog looks miserable in every episode (most likely from the shit beer he drinks) and Kelly is somewhat of a cringe the majority of times. I will say though, that Crob has had some magical moments. As far as the "experience", throw the whole thing away. Steezus (I'm sad I had to write that name) and the dude with the dislocated digit are absolute herbs.
Mouse Guy was the best Guy

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »
That brooklyn dom dude was the nail in the coffin... his energy is toxic.

Got a few minutes in then realized wtf am I doing might as well watch the Christian Hosoi episode instead. Surprisingly , interview changed  my opinion of Hosoi.

Chumbo

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are you babbling about now? Not one post you have referred to has been true or existent lol

This right here. Why are people so eager to believe a known troll?

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:11 PM »
Im pretty sure nine club has to be god damn near recession proof, seriously what costs would they have for an hour or two show out of Rogers house once a week?

must be nice

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »
people donate to the show on youtube when it goes live like videogame streamers. it is very wierd watching kids spend their parents money in realtime.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
In the jerry hsu one at 32.45 rog pops a pimple on his face, looks at it, eats it
listen to cosmic psychos

lilboosie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2020, 11:28:30 PM »
Y’all getting jebaited

Is steezus Christ a racist ?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2020, 12:31:04 AM »

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1129
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2020, 12:32:36 AM »
The Nine Club can never be done for good. Because the Nine Club lives in all of us. As long as we are all alive, the Nine Club lives on...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2020, 01:04:40 AM »
In the jerry hsu one at 32.45 rog pops a pimple on his face, looks at it, eats it

Holy shit he does. I thought you were trolling.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2020, 01:05:58 AM »

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2020, 01:54:52 AM »

holy fuck hes not lying someone nuke rog's apartment wtf

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2020, 02:34:23 AM »
How is a 1-2 hour long podcast a week “long hours” haha

You obviously have never edited before. Everything takes a long ass time when ur cutting 4k and editing 1-2 hour episodes (multiple times a week). Then you got all the packaging / mailing of merch. They also have to do the live chat when the experience is aired. Not to mention the management time of finding guests and having fallback plans when they bail.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2020, 03:03:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also the cat is out of the bag about how much they make from the live chat donations. They donated the other weeks earnings to a skate shop that was destroyed by a tornado. Kelly said the total which was 900 dollars, was the biggest total ever. I was shocked, so they must only juice about 600 from chat normally? Their view counts are so low that youtube ad rev is irrelevant, and their subscribers seem to be capping out as there arent that many people who care about this level of detail. Thats a lot of work for less than a grand a week! No wonder Rog is over it.
[close]
they have to split the money too, at least between roberts and rog. They also get paid to do certain interviews and i’m sure they sell a fair amount of t shirts and shit also but yeah not very much money. How would you really expect to make a ton of money off a youtube skate interview show though
[close]

they need to up their creativity, right now show is probably better as just an audio format podcast.
[close]
i really don’t understand how people can sit there and watch one of these for 2+ hours. Even breaking it up in multiple days is weird to me. I listen to them on spotify when i’m driving or doing stuff around the house and could care less about how they set up the lil background or what fancy cameras they’re using
[close]

Bodega Boys

I was recommended this podcast from a homie a while ago and heard a few episodes but stopped listening. I can't even remember why. I mean I don't remember liking it, but I don't remember disliking it either. Is it worth it to try and give it another go?

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -49
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2020, 05:17:36 AM »
Besides Kelly, do these jokers have real jobs? Does crob really have the delusion that he's a pro skater, I'm sure he hasn't filmed anything in a decade.

Classy Durag

• Rep: 62
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2020, 05:48:31 AM »
Expand Quote
That brooklyn dom dude was the nail in the coffin... his energy is toxic.
[close]

Got a few minutes in then realized wtf am I doing might as well watch the Christian Hosoi episode instead. Surprisingly , interview changed  my opinion of Hosoi.

Podcast was hot trash I’ll sum it up for ya

Dom: “I know a lot of celebrities”
9club: “wow so your like friends with Bieber?”
Dom: “of course I’m a very influential and popular guy”
9club: “do you think Bieber would come onto our show?
Dom: “no he only likes me he’s my friend because I’m influential and popular.”
Dom: “so did I mention I know a lot of celebrities?”

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2020, 05:53:45 AM »
Besides Kelly, do these jokers have real jobs? Does crob really have the delusion that he's a pro skater, I'm sure he hasn't filmed anything in a decade.

Roger does work for Hot Ones and Complex. I heard somewhere that Chris quit his real job to focus on the 9 club full time idk if that's true or not.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2020, 06:09:31 AM »
How is a 1-2 hour long podcast a week “long hours” haha

They were doing two shows a week. Managing edits from multiple cameras and audio and making sure it all runs smoothly, checking said edits, going through mistakes and re-editing etc. And they're also running a website and merch sales along with answering tonnes of emails etc. That's really a lot of work.

People get spoon fed so much that people are almost naive enough to think this kind of content just appears out of nowhere with minimal effort.