Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 33164 times)

BRINK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #540 on: August 09, 2022, 04:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Since you’re here to stay Brink would be curious to know what it is/was like working with Nyjah on Disorder.  Think I read you were part of that at one point? 

I was reading Alex Papke’s article on Nyjah’s Monster Euro tour in Thrasher and was surprised to find it pretty compelling.  All the usual Nyjah nuttiness aside, he seems really focused and driven when it comes to his work (eschews drinking on tour, and funded a day trip to get a trick in an area outside the purview of the tour). 

Does he bring that approach to his company?
[close]

Yes … set up the website and all the ecommerce. Email marketing, etc etc. Helped with a bunch of stuff for the first 8-10 months until they could do it themselves.

Very very disciplined about his skating. Def more grown up now and able to focus on things that help him skate … fitness, diet, recovery, rest etc. He’s matured a lot. And he knows what he wants … in skating, in business, with the product he develops. Does not give a fuck about what people thinks … does it his way.

He loves skateboarding so much. And is aware of his timeline. And wants to squeeze every drop out of the time he has to do what he can before his body prevents it.

I’ve been working on the documentary with him, Ty, his family and friends for a bunch of years now. Its been pretty awesome. Looking fwd to seeing it come to light when it’s ready.
[close]

Nice, thank you.

I’m excited for that doc

Its pretty wild. Family story is crazier than you can imagine, no matter what has already been told.

BRINK

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?

BRINK

« Reply #543 on: August 10, 2022, 06:38:32 PM »
pat yourself on the back much?

Yup. When I deserve it. Self love is important … if you had more of it you wouldn’t be here talking shit.

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2022, 06:50:51 PM »

Yup. When I deserve it. Self love is important … if you had more of it you wouldn’t be here talking shit.

How do you LOVE watching something collapse that you help design and managed?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:06:40 PM by HereFortheBeer »

BRINK

« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

When lying, power hungry creeps who don’t skate ruin something … I’m happy to help, and watch it burn to the ground. Fuck everyone who is still there as of this week. 

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #546 on: August 10, 2022, 08:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

When lying, power hungry creeps who don’t skate ruin something … I’m happy to help, and watch it burn to the ground. Fuck everyone who is still there as of this week.

Are you talking about Gary and Josh?

They were the 2 guys at the helm....

BRINK

« Reply #547 on: August 10, 2022, 10:51:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Its clear you are here and only opened a profile to troll me about this. Registered 3 days ago. Only posts are here on this thread 😂 Sounding a lot like Heidi Lemmon actually …

No, I’m talking about the current board and staff that had ample time to fix this mess since January. The mess that both the entire board and CEO created over the years.

Because, after all, the board of directors oversees the org. And if the CEO or other board members were a problem and the board they did their job, those problematic people would have been removed a long time agp.

I’m also talking about the same current board and staff who was the reason everyone quit last Saturday and happen to be breaking the law as it pertains to wage theft and now there’s a sexual harassment allegation going around about one of them that you don’t know about yet because you have zero fucking clue what you are talking about … so yeah … keep defending em if you want … lawbreakers and harassers … but you sound like a fucking idiot and just like Heidi Lemmon or one of those other 10 senior citizens on Bostick’s FB page out there skewing the narrative away from the current staff and board who got themselves decertified yesterday. Slow down before you break a hip, granny.

And PLEASE keep replying and bumping this thread to the top of the board for everyone to see. You can’t block/censor me here like you did on FB last week when I handed your ass to you there too. Coward.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:16:37 AM by BRINK »

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
« Reply #548 on: August 10, 2022, 11:35:25 PM »
Tool < Kid Rock

BRINK

« Reply #549 on: August 10, 2022, 11:47:04 PM »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2022, 01:50:00 AM »
And like Heidi Lemmon or one of those other 10 senior citizens on Bostick’s FB page out there skewing the narrative away from the current staff and board who got themselves decertified yesterday. Slow down before you break a hip, granny.
Wow.
Gonna have to admit, I never would have taken Brink to be an ageist.
I suppose there is a weakness in the armor of every great champion.
Oh well… (crestfallen)

Just kidding.
Give it to ‘em, Brink.
I can’t believe I’m rooting for THIS goof… who’d have believed it?!?
Holy smokes; what a time to be alive!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

BRINK

« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2022, 04:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote
And like Heidi Lemmon or one of those other 10 senior citizens on Bostick’s FB page out there skewing the narrative away from the current staff and board who got themselves decertified yesterday. Slow down before you break a hip, granny.
[close]
Wow.
Oh well… (crestfallen)

Just kidding.
Give it to ‘em, Brink.

Total ageist. Cancel me.

2022 … the year of surprises.

The org, however, is collapsing at an alarming rate with more details of their scumbaggery leaking daily. Some of which you may have caught above.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:18:50 AM by BRINK »

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2022, 06:59:00 AM »
BRINK! You haven't been answering my hundreds of DMs, so there must be an error in the system.  :(

Maybe this is a better place to reach you? Ping me back before tonight.

K, thanks, don't be late.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

BRINK

« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2022, 07:19:17 AM »
BRINK! You haven't been answering my hundreds of DMs, so there must be an error in the system.  :(

Maybe this is a better place to reach you? Ping me back before tonight.

K, thanks, don't be late.

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2022, 08:04:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Its clear you are here and only opened a profile to troll me about this. Registered 3 days ago. Only posts are here on this thread 😂 Sounding a lot like Heidi Lemmon actually …

No, I’m talking about the current board and staff that had ample time to fix this mess since January. The mess that both the entire board and CEO created over the years.

Because, after all, the board of directors oversees the org. And if the CEO or other board members were a problem and the board they did their job, those problematic people would have been removed a long time agp.

I’m also talking about the same current board and staff who was the reason everyone quit last Saturday and happen to be breaking the law as it pertains to wage theft and now there’s a sexual harassment allegation going around about one of them that you don’t know about yet because you have zero fucking clue what you are talking about … so yeah … keep defending em if you want … lawbreakers and harassers … but you sound like a fucking idiot and just like Heidi Lemmon or one of those other 10 senior citizens on Bostick’s FB page out there skewing the narrative away from the current staff and board who got themselves decertified yesterday. Slow down before you break a hip, granny.

And PLEASE keep replying and bumping this thread to the top of the board for everyone to see. You can’t block/censor me here like you did on FB last week when I handed your ass to you there too. Coward.

Good try.......

Have no idea who she is and I am not part of Don's crew...and I am not on face book.

I am a parent of a skater that has a dream to compete in the Olympics one day.

I know nothing about you other than what I have read on this site and from your IG.

I have followed USA skateboarding from its inception and noticed early on how corrupt the ORG was. 

The amount of money they paid the staff was ridiculous compared to the support they gave the athletes.

There was NO plan in place to develop upcoming riders.

Do you see what China and Brazil are doing for their athletes ?

I am trying to figure out your motive behind your narative.

You complain about NOT getting paid - Who was responsible for paying employees ?

But you still support the same guys that screwed you......

I am not taking sides nor am I trolling you.

I want to hear both sides of the story.

Unfortunately you are butt-hurt from loosing your job.

If you were a good journalist you would leave the emotions behind and write an informative article instead of sounding like a Whiney Bitch

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #555 on: August 11, 2022, 08:05:55 AM »
All this Olympics buttfucking got me thinking, and maybe this is the place to ask, but what was actually the deal with Chase Gabor ? Was he the only one putting the screwdrivers in the butt or was it a game where both parties were mutually buttfucked with each other’s screwdrivers in a circle of buttfuckery ?

BRINK

« Reply #556 on: August 11, 2022, 08:25:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Good try.......

Have no idea who she is and I am not part of Don's crew...and I am not on face book.

I know nothing about you other than what I have read on this site and from your IG.

I have followed USA skateboarding from its inception and noticed early on how corrupt the ORG was. 

The amount of money they paid the staff was ridiculous compared to the support they gave the athletes.

You complain about NOT getting paid - Who was responsible for paying employees ?

If you were a good journalist you would leave the emotions behind and write an informative article instead of sounding like a Whiney Bitch

Ya except you’re only asking the exact same questions and wording it all like them ... vebatim.

How much was I making if I was paid too much? For a director of Marketing and Ecommerce? And before you answer … keep in mind thats 2 jobs in one and look up the median salary in Orange County.

How do you know there was no plan?

My motive is to tell the truth about the corruption I personally experienced. Losing my job sucked. But I have a few so it’s no big deal.

The org is responsible for our payouts when we were let go. On the last day of our work. We still haven't paid vacation time, severances or expense reimbursements. It wasn’t paychecks we didn't get. But we are owed large sums of money due to the layoffs. And now late penalties too. This is a crime just so you know.

But glad to see you are defending criminals and alleged sexual harassers and insulting me.

I’m not a journalist. And if I was I wouldn't be writing about this cuz its stupid. But I am telling the truth which is what you claim you want. But I guess you only want the truth that aligns with the anti-Ream narrative. Who, by the way, I maybe spoke to for 10 min the whole time I worked for the org. Don’t really know him or care about him.

No I haven't seen what Brazil and China are doing because it isn't my job anymore.

And I already feel super bad for your kid if you even actually have one. Start saving for their therapy now.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:36:17 AM by BRINK »

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #557 on: August 11, 2022, 08:29:38 AM »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #558 on: August 11, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »
All this Olympics buttfucking got me thinking, and maybe this is the place to ask, but what was actually the deal with Chase Gabor ? Was he the only one putting the screwdrivers in the butt or was it a game where both parties were mutually buttfucked with each other’s screwdrivers in a circle of buttfuckery ?

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere on slap (maybe it was Brink) that there was some sort of "projection" (i don't know the psychological term), like Chase was the victim

BRINK

« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2022, 08:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere on slap (maybe it was Brink) that there was some sort of "projection" (i don't know the psychological term), like Chase was the victim

He was indeed the victim. I believe trying to (comedically) tell the story in 3rd person … which obv backfired.

BRINK

« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2022, 08:38:08 AM »
Def love that my rep keeps getting lower.

Is that something people actually vote on and care about? Must be the same people who think insulting Tool somehow hurts my feelings.

See how low yall can get me I want a new Slap record. Dead fuckin last.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2022, 08:39:24 AM »
let’s get this thread to 30 pages fellas

BRINK

« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2022, 08:41:43 AM »
let’s get this thread to 30 pages fellas

I can keep these dummies talking and lining up to insult me, one at a time, taking turns … forever.

Kind of an interesting concept right? “Let’s all think of our best insults! My next one is gonna take him down! Gonna call him a shitty journalist like the 500 other people already did! If that doesn’t work I’ll call him a narcissist! Then make fun of Maynard! If that doesn’t work I’ll say he replies too quickly! We got this, guys! Let’s beat him down! We only like exposing people if we get the credit! Otherwise let’s just call him bitter! Let’s keep talking shit even though everything he said has proven true in the news!”
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:49:06 AM by BRINK »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2022, 08:48:12 AM »
those are all great ideas

BRINK

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2022, 08:49:21 AM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2022, 08:51:04 AM »
drats

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2022, 08:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Wow.
Oh well… (crestfallen)

Just kidding.
Give it to ‘em, Brink.
[close]

Total ageist. Cancel me.

2022 … the year of surprises.

The org, however, is collapsing at an alarming rate with more details of their scumbaggery leaking daily. Some of which you may have caught above.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Good try.......

[close]

Ya except you’re only asking the exact same questions and wording it all like them ... vebatim.

How much was I making if I was paid too much? For a director of Marketing and Ecommerce? And before you answer … keep in mind thats 2 jobs in one and look up the median salary in Orange County.

How do you know there was no plan?

My motive is to tell the truth about the corruption I personally experienced. Losing my job sucked. But I have a few so it’s no big deal.

The org is responsible for our payouts when we were let go. On the last day of our work. We still haven't paid vacation time, severances or expense reimbursements. It wasn’t paychecks we didn't get. But we are owed large sums of money due to the layoffs. And now late penalties too. This is a crime just so you know.

But glad to see you are defending criminals and alleged sexual harassers and insulting me.

I’m not a journalist. And if I was I wouldn't be writing about this cuz its stupid. But I am telling the truth which is what you claim you want. But I guess you only want the truth that aligns with the anti-Ream narrative. Who, by the way, I maybe spoke to for 10 min the whole time I worked for the org. Don’t really know him or care about him.

No I haven't seen what Brazil and China are doing because it isn't my job anymore.

And I already feel super bad for your kid if you even actually have one. Start saving for their therapy now.

Really ? Now you are accusing me of supporting criminals ?

You are a sick fuck !

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame looser !

BRINK

« Reply #567 on: August 11, 2022, 08:53:54 AM »

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #568 on: August 11, 2022, 08:54:37 AM »
this feels like the start of another sad thread .. bam, tk, nick jedi .. it really looks like the start of a mental breakdown

mods, can you lock this one before it’s too late
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

HereFortheBeer

« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2022, 08:56:07 AM »
Expand Quote
drats
[close]

Fiddlesticks

Really ? Now you are accusing me of supporting criminals ?

You are a sick fuck !

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame looser !