Author Topic: Problems with USA skateboarding team  (Read 33115 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Problems with USA skateboarding team
« Reply #600 on: August 11, 2022, 08:01:28 PM »
this is getting fun actually .. im team brink .. who the fuck is this beer guy .. he’s really blowing it this half
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Ricky Vaughn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #601 on: August 11, 2022, 08:03:15 PM »
"I tore my ACL sending" - Nyjah Huston
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2022, 08:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's wild to hear a parent talk about this org and their kids needing a place to "train" for skateboarding. We all take different paths in skating and although I always dreamed of being a pro skater, I never thought of "training" to get better, I just went out and skated with my friends.... It also makes me sad and stoked at the same time that my parents never had a vested interest in my skateboarding life. To each their own, but hearing stuff like that comment makes me think skateboarding is slowly losing its soul.
[close]

Don't worry too much
Contests have always been there
Training is just another word for repeating and getting better at it. It's labourious
It's a matter of perspective but i do find it cooler with my friends in the streets rather than at a training facility, just like you
[close]

100% Contests are super fun too, hanging with friends, possibly winning product or money and seeing friends do well is always rad, I can always appreciate a fun contest. I just get bummed knowing there are kids out there who literally spend their entire young skate lives "training" for something. When parents talk about training, that makes me cringe, save that for  something a human needs to train for like marathons or weightlifting, let's just keep calling it "going out skating".
[close]

I grew up surfing and skating. I surfed in a few contests but it wasn’t my thing.
The core surfers bagged on the contest surfers and resisted the change.
But over the years both sides stopped fighting a learned to get along.
There is a place in skate boarding for both the core skaters and the ones that want to compete.
There shouldn’t be so much hate between both sides.
Its still skateboarding which ever side you are on
[close]

I surf and skate too. And 90% of surfers today are terrible jock mentality types. In contrast, 90% of skateboarder's are still cool as shit. And I'm down for resisting any tipping of those scales. Good luck to your kid though, hope he gets a gold!!!

Also, fwiw, The Lurper's comments throughout this thread are the only pieces of gold in an otherwise utter shit pile. Thank you Lurper.
[close]

'90% of surfers today are terrible jock mentality types'

Where did you find that data? The WHO website?

There are dicks in every sport. I would say 99% of the skateboarders are cool.

But I have never seen another group of athletes so divided on this issue.

When I started snow boarding the skiers hated snow boarders....couldn't ride on certain mountains.

When the ski community started to accept the snow boarders it boosted the whole industry.

Shaun White is a legend in both snow and skate....

‘Can’t we all just get along?’ by Rodney King
[close]

lol Shaun White is definitely a legend in snowboarding. But I have never met a single skateboarder that gave a shit about Shaun White, no less considered him a legend. Another example of the quality of our culture that I'd like to preserve. Also, "athletes" lol. I think you're frame of reference for skateboarding is wildly different from the vast majority of everyone else on this forum who don't just "skate" but are indeed "skateboarders". We can still get along though. You seem at least way cooler than Brink.
[close]

You are right....he is not a "legend" in skateboarding....... Bad comparison.

Core Skate boarders hate the term "athletes".

I laughed the first time I heard a surfer called an "athlete" But it took 50 years for  Core surfers to accept it.

In the 70"s we surfed drank/smoked and surfed some more. Repeat every day.  The only thing that ever got better was the weed we smoked.

In the 80"s guys started taking surfing seriously...we goofed on them.

They worked hard, trained , ate healthy and eased up on the drugs/alcohol.

They started to earn money and were able to surf all over the world on someone else dime. Guess where we were ?? The same beach smoking, drinking and doing more drugs.

I have a few friends that could of made a living out of surfing if they changed their life styles. They resisted the change.

My point is everyone should have an option which road  they want take. There will ALWAYS be core surfers and skaters.

I think the industry needs a balance to protect the roots but also give skaters/surfers the option to make a living at something they love to do.

I know this is not the forum to preach this too.

Look at what kids are doing today? Kids like Tre the tank or Kriston ( not sure if I spelled their names right) are doing crazy shit. They skate hard and push the limits.

They should reap the benefits of their hard work.

Would it be wrong for them to want to compete in the Olympics if it would give them more exposure and the ability to make money?

BTW....  I am way cooler than BRINK

Go from acknowledging Shaun White is a “bad comparison” to praising Trae the Tank to redeem your position. Sorry dude (or lady), tried to give you some benefit of the doubt but you’re the worst. Please, please stay away from skateboarding.   

BRINK

• Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2022, 08:33:10 PM »
You guys need to trust me at least a little bit here …

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2022, 08:39:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's wild to hear a parent talk about this org and their kids needing a place to "train" for skateboarding. We all take different paths in skating and although I always dreamed of being a pro skater, I never thought of "training" to get better, I just went out and skated with my friends.... It also makes me sad and stoked at the same time that my parents never had a vested interest in my skateboarding life. To each their own, but hearing stuff like that comment makes me think skateboarding is slowly losing its soul.
[close]

Don't worry too much
Training is just another word for repeating and getting better at it. It's labourious
It's a matter of perspective but i do find it cooler with my friends in the streets rather than at a training facility, just like you
[close]

100% Contests are super fun too, hanging with friends, possibly winning product or money and seeing friends do well is always rad, I can always appreciate a fun contest. I just get bummed knowing there are kids out there who literally spend their entire young skate lives "training" for something. When parents talk about training, that makes me cringe, save that for  something a human needs to train for like marathons or weightlifting, let's just keep calling it "going out skating".
[close]

I grew up surfing and skating. I surfed in a few contests but it wasn’t my thing.
There is a place in skate boarding for both the core skaters and the ones that want to compete.
[close]

I surf and skate too. And 90% of surfers today are terrible jock mentality types. In contrast, 90% of skateboarder's are still cool as shit.
[close]

Where did you find that data? The WHO website
I agree with with Whaaat’s percentage comparison. I have been surfing for a long time, surfers are the worst in & out of the water. Majority of skaters I come across chill supreme

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2022, 08:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't worry too much
[close]

[close]

[close]

I surf and skate too. And 90% of surfers today are terrible jock mentality types. In contrast, 90% of skateboarder's are still cool as shit. And I'm down for resisting any tipping of those scales. Good luck to your kid though, hope he gets a gold!!!

Also, fwiw, The Lurper's comments throughout this thread are the only pieces of gold in an otherwise utter shit pile. Thank you Lurper.
[close]

Where did you find that data? The WHO website?

There are dicks in every sport. I would say 99% of the skateboarders are cool.

But I have never seen another group of athletes so divided on this issue.

When I started snow boarding the skiers hated snow boarders....couldn't ride on certain mountains.

When the ski community started to accept the snow boarders it boosted the whole industry.

Shaun White is a legend in both snow and skate....

‘Can’t we all just get along?’ by Rodney King
[close]

lol Shaun White is definitely a legend in snowboarding. But I have never met a single skateboarder that gave a shit about Shaun White, no less considered him a legend. Another example of the quality of our culture that I'd like to preserve. Also, "athletes" lol. I think you're frame of reference for skateboarding is wildly different from the vast majority of everyone else on this forum who don't just "skate" but are indeed "skateboarders". We can still get along though. You seem at least way cooler than Brink.
[close]

You are right....he is not a "legend" in skateboarding....... Bad comparison.

Core Skate boarders hate the term "athletes".

I laughed the first time I heard a surfer called an "athlete" But it took 50 years for  Core surfers to accept it.

In the 70"s we surfed drank/smoked and surfed some more. Repeat every day.  The only thing that ever got better was the weed we smoked.

In the 80"s guys started taking surfing seriously...we goofed on them.

They worked hard, trained , ate healthy and eased up on the drugs/alcohol.

They started to earn money and were able to surf all over the world on someone else dime. Guess where we were ?? The same beach smoking, drinking and doing more drugs.

I have a few friends that could of made a living out of surfing if they changed their life styles. They resisted the change.

My point is everyone should have an option which road  they want take. There will ALWAYS be core surfers and skaters.

I think the industry needs a balance to protect the roots but also give skaters/surfers the option to make a living at something they love to do.

I know this is not the forum to preach this too.

Look at what kids are doing today? Kids like Tre the tank or Kriston ( not sure if I spelled their names right) are doing crazy shit. They skate hard and push the limits.

They should reap the benefits of their hard work.

Would it be wrong for them to want to compete in the Olympics if it would give them more exposure and the ability to make money?

BTW....  I am way cooler than BRINK
[close]

I'm not interested in hearing about how good skateboarding was before the Iranian oil embargo or thinking that trae the tank is a good thing. Really fumbling on the one yard line

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2022, 09:02:00 PM »

Dude Brink, don’t act like just because hereforthebeer or any other Olympic dork is shittier than you, that you aren’t still on the same team. You are, and always will be, a contributor to this bullshit, whether or not you just now realized you aren’t getting paid. You all should fuck off.

BRINK

« Reply #607 on: August 11, 2022, 09:56:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude Brink, don’t act like just because hereforthebeer or any other Olympic dork is shittier than you, that you aren’t still on the same team. You are, and always will be, a contributor to this bullshit, whether or not you just now realized you aren’t getting paid. You all should fuck off.

How about no. I wont. Ill act how I like and stay in this industry longer than any of you will like. Doing cool shit. Skating. Having fun. Making a living. Long after you grow up and get off this board I’ll still be here holding a mirror up to ya’ll with my antics. Plenty of bullshit like you and every generation of Slap posters before you, even many pro careers, haven’t lasted as long as mine so eat a dick and deal with it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:06:20 PM by BRINK »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2022, 10:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How about no. I wont. Ill act how I like and stay in this industry longer than any of you will like. Doing cool shit. Skating. Having fun. Making a living. Long after you grow up and get off this board. Plenty of bullshit like you and every generation of Slap posters before you, even many pro careers, haven’t lasted as long as mine so eat a dick and deal with it.

“I will put the ‘sick’ in ‘the desiccated corpse of skateboarding’ until it’s just me and the cockroaches hanging out”

BRINK

« Reply #609 on: August 11, 2022, 10:07:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How about no. I wont. Ill act how I like and stay in this industry longer than any of you will like. Doing cool shit. Skating. Having fun. Making a living. Long after you grow up and get off this board. Plenty of bullshit like you and every generation of Slap posters before you, even many pro careers, haven’t lasted as long as mine so eat a dick and deal with it.
[close]

“I will put the ‘sick’ in ‘the desiccated corpse of skateboarding’ until it’s just me and the cockroaches hanging out”

So core

BRINK

« Reply #610 on: August 11, 2022, 10:10:24 PM »
Just taking one last moment to marvel at the fact that someone started an account to come exclusively to this thread and defend the current criminal staff and alleged sexual harassing board at USA Skateboarding and discuss Shaun White and “Tre the Tank” …

HereForTheTears

BRINK

« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2022, 10:20:14 PM »
Yes, that's precisely what "Slap is upset" about. We all talked about it while you were offline for 6 minutes.

Groupthink fake outrage internet pile-ons don’t necessarily require direct communication, as we have all well witnessed in the last 6-10 years globally.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2022, 10:57:58 PM »

Fuck off with that.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

BRINK

« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2022, 11:06:35 PM »
Hey you guys should follow my instagram. You can laugh and mock me 24-7

Instagram.com/robertbrink

Also you can bring back the tradition of starting new threads every time I change my bio.

More USA Skateboarding bombshells dropping this week/weekend!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2022, 11:16:31 PM »
Tldf- Crypto stuff and pervin on Anya Taylor Joy.

But enjoy the Jimmy Kimmel meets Sad Ben Affleck look

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2022, 11:17:04 PM »

* too lame, didn’t follow

BRINK

« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2022, 11:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

* too lame, didn’t follow

Funny enough that you actually went. Trust me.

BRINK

« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2022, 11:42:20 PM »

Pretty good cherrypick so you can hate. Made a ton of money from crypto in the last 2 years … changed my life. You should try it … set yourself up.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2022, 12:10:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty good cherrypick so you can hate. Made a ton of money from crypto in the last 2 years … changed my life. You should try it … set yourself up.

A high-risk financial gamble you say?

Have you put any of that money back into the skateboard industry that has and apparently will continue giving you money?   Do you only take or will you give back?   And you know the difference between actual giving back and doing some Team USA shit, so don’t be cute. 

BRINK

« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2022, 12:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Have you put any of that money back into the skateboard industry that has and apparently will continue giving you money?   Do you only take or will you give back?   And you know the difference between actual giving back and doing some Team USA shit, so don’t be cute. 

You really are one of those losers who tries to create ANY possible reason to call someone out huh? Full Karen mode.

I'm always cute, thanks.

I'm not sure if you are aware how labor works ... Probably not too familiar actually ... But I put time and energy and love and passion and knowledge into skateboarding and skateboarders, as well as do my best to help advance and grow skateboarding and do cool shit, and then I get a salary for my contributions and work.

But yes, I purchase goods. I donate to every go fund me that comes into my IG feed and plenty of other orgs. I pay to attend events like the Leo Baker premiere. I have been putting money (and much more) into skateboarding since 1988. In short, I do a lot more than you do.

As far as the gamble. I made life-changing money. Which is why I have repeatedly stated that I don't care if USA Skateboarding pays me ... but put em on blast instead. But your loss if you skip out. More for everyone else!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2022, 12:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't even know what this means. Other than that I'm always cute, thanks. I'm not sure if you are aware how labor works ... But I put time and energy and love and passion and knowledge into skateboarding and skateboarders, as well as do my best to help advance and grow skateboarding and do cool shit, and then I get a salary for my contributions and work.

But yes, I purchase goods. I donate to every go fund me that comes into my IG feed and plenty of other orgs. I pay to attend events like the Leo Baker premiere. I have been putting money (and much more) into skateboarding since 1988. In short, I do a lot more than you do.

Meh

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2022, 01:30:15 AM »
even many pro careers, haven’t lasted as long as mine
imagine comparing this

to this

in terms of longevity. completely lost.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2022, 01:34:05 AM »
I'm not sure if you are aware how labor works ... .

I made life-changing money.
I'm aware how labor works. Whose labor produced your life-changing money?

BRINK

« Reply #623 on: August 12, 2022, 01:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Mine, starting at age 10. But if you actually read what I said, crypto investing produced it.

BRINK

« Reply #624 on: August 12, 2022, 01:44:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Mine, starting at age 10. But if you actually read what I said, crypto investing produced it.

EVERY. SINGLE. POST. I. MAKE. You guys look for something to make fun of or try to find flaws in. What a way to live. It's a shame that many of us could probably have cool convos.

BRINK

« Reply #625 on: August 12, 2022, 01:54:43 AM »

BRINK

« Reply #626 on: August 12, 2022, 01:56:57 AM »
Can you guys sign these petitions to ban NYC horse drawn carriages because they are dying in the heat.

https://www.change.org/p/ban-horse-drawn-carriages

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #627 on: August 12, 2022, 02:51:23 AM »
Can you guys sign these petitions to ban NYC horse drawn carriages because they are dying in the heat.

Yes, thanks. But beating a dead horse is more fun (at least to some).

BRINK

« Reply #628 on: August 12, 2022, 02:54:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes, thanks. But beating a dead horse is more fun (at least to some).

Clearly

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #629 on: August 12, 2022, 03:12:16 AM »

The carriages are dying?