Author Topic: GX1000- Right Here For Pablo  (Read 41378 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: GX1000- Right Here For Pablo
« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2022, 04:57:07 PM »

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2022, 07:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote

One of many unforgettable shots from this video
[close]

Great screencap @Grrrreencans

God, that's amazing. I can just imagine this as a Norman Rockwell painting like this:

Fuck, maybe I'll paint it when I have some time.

Thanks G, kind of lo res but if you watched the video you know what I'm talkin about

You hit the nail on the head with the Norman Rockwell reference, I was going to say it looked like a shot out of The Christmas Story (god bless you T-Funk the original Scut Farkus) which I imagine was styled to look like a Norman Rockwell painting. I would love to see any kind of painting, but I would settle for a .gif whoever has the time

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2022, 01:14:46 AM »
Thrasher is blowing it with the youtube upload, it’s adds every 5 minutes. So annoying to watch

Coldcut

• Rep: 34
« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2022, 01:32:40 AM »
For Youtube, try this:
https://freetubeapp.io/

Clean and slight Client.
And by the way... check this out for your mobiles
https://newpipe.net/

No adds etc. anymore.

Grrrreencans

« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2022, 07:47:07 AM »
Judging by how low paid these guys are and how much they put their life on the line and because it's a tribute to their lost friend it just seems kinda inappropriate to have ads running through it. Primitive video sure, but not this one

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2022, 07:51:22 AM »
Judging by how low paid these guys are and how much they put their life on the line and because it's a tribute to their lost friend it just seems kinda inappropriate to have ads running through it. Primitive video sure, but not this one

yet you suggest stripping them of their ad revenue

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2022, 08:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yet you suggest stripping them of their ad revenue

I’m no accountant but I am pretty sure thrasher could run this ad free and still spare a couple G’s for these dudes.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2022, 10:10:35 AM »
Finally got to watch this bitch shit is all time! My fave tricks were the Heelflip and Back 3 Stalefish of that insane bump!

Grrrreencans

« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2022, 11:50:39 PM »
If I ever see an ad halfway through an Atlantic Drift I will break the computer screen

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2022, 07:41:10 AM »
Finally got to watch this bitch shit is all time! My fave tricks were the Heelflip and Back 3 Stalefish of that insane bump!

Also just sat down and finished it from start to finish, the back tail to hill bomb was my favorite
Also the kickflip hill bomb that everyone noted reminded them of the rockwell painting was epic

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #340 on: August 31, 2022, 01:09:07 AM »
I've been watching it in small doses....shit is too hectic for me to watch in one sitting ha!
anyways I'm almost finished now, damn I'm kind of at a loss for words. Those downhill runs have to look 10 times crazier in person. The one time I've been to SF the hills totally humbled me, you really have no idea till you go there.

also pretty crazy how underground these guys are, I mean I don't know a single of theses dudes'names. who's the guy with the big beard for a start?? Rad style.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #341 on: August 31, 2022, 02:46:53 AM »
Jeff Carlyle

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #342 on: August 31, 2022, 04:21:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Also just sat down and finished it from start to finish, the back tail to hill bomb was my favorite
Also the kickflip hill bomb that everyone noted reminded them of the rockwell painting was epic

The guy who heelflips the bump is Rob Bootes
the bs 360 is Sean Greene
the bs tail is Eddie Cernicky
the kickflip hill bomb is Zack Krull
the 1st part of the video the guy with the really good impossibles and wallrides who does back to back with reynolds is Chris Athans
beard guy is jeff carlyle as Balargue said
those are basically the main dudes in the video who have parts (rob bootes doesnt have a part)

i know no one asked but maybe just help point out who some of the skaters are

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #343 on: August 31, 2022, 04:43:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

the 1st part of the video the guy with the really good impossibles and wallrides who does back to back with reynolds is Chris Athans
those are basically the main dudes in the video who have parts (rob bootes doesnt have a part)

Thanks! I'm only really familiar with Carlyle and Greene so this helps. My one issue with current skate vids is how hard it can be to figure out who is who.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2022, 05:56:08 AM »
Incredible! This video will be poured over for decades to come. A whole other level.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2022, 09:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Much appreciated! Wasn’t sure with some of the people.
This was wonderful - watched it 5 times in a row with sound on - don’t do this that often anymore.
That video gave me goosebumps like watching first time future primitive, streets on fire, video days

This video have everything to become an alltime favorite classic.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks! I'm only really familiar with Carlyle and Greene so this helps. My one issue with current skate vids is how hard it can be to figure out who is who.

Yea im old school and think that video should show the skaters name, when I watch the credits I have to try to remember the order of appearance. 

These GX videos have been on my favorites adrenaline junkies and roll up are still on my top videos to hype list

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #347 on: August 31, 2022, 10:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

also dude who smashed his hand and face on that car is JP escobar (him and matt Finley may be my new favorites)

had to stalk the gx IG to learn who they were

who's the dude with the long black hair, looks tall, and did the alley OOP front side flip over that gold rail in the intro section? Will watch now for a timestamp

eddit: he's at about 3:01

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

pattacakenanny

• Rep: 0
« Reply #348 on: August 31, 2022, 11:01:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

also dude who smashed his hand and face on that car is JP escobar (him and matt Finley may be my new favorites)

who's the dude with the long black hair, looks tall, and did the alley OOP front side flip over that gold rail in the intro section? Will watch now for a timestamp

adam taylor
rob campbell never dapped u up and it shows

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2022, 01:56:40 PM »
Thrasher is blowing it with the youtube upload, it’s adds every 5 minutes. So annoying to watch

It's 2022 bro who doesn't have an ad blocker extension like uBlock Origin installed?

YouTube Vanced was the shit for Android until it got shut down recently. YouTube ads are fucking cancer

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: August 31, 2022, 02:09:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's 2022 bro who doesn't have an ad blocker extension like uBlock Origin installed?

YouTube Vanced was the shit for Android until it got shut down recently. YouTube ads are fucking cancer

People tell me that the AD revenue's from youtube aren't really there anymore, and that most channels don't make anything from the ads that do get played, would assume thrasher doesnt get much from youtube...i use Ghostly for my adblocks

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #351 on: August 31, 2022, 10:18:24 PM »
That spot is on PR and is gnarly as fuck

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: September 01, 2022, 12:18:13 AM »
thanks for the dudes'names!

now I wonder if this type of skating will become more popular? lines at Mach 10 that go on for 6 blocks....Paris for instance does not have gnarly hills like SF but I can think of a few places/neighborhoods where the same approach could be applied. Like it's pretty much all downhill from Porte des lilas to Republique.

"going from A to B, hitting everything along the way" has always been my favorite type of street skating. Ricky Oyola and his crew back in the day were a big inspiration for me to go out and find runs through Paris when I still lived there, but the GX cats are taking the shit to a whole other level. this vid should be shown to all the people who don't understand why park footage looks bland and sanitized....

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #353 on: September 01, 2022, 05:40:56 AM »

now I wonder if this type of skating will become more popular? lines at Mach 10 that go on for 6 blocks....Paris for instance does not have gnarly hills like SF but I can think of a few places/neighborhoods where the same approach could be applied. Like it's pretty much all downhill from Porte des lilas to Republique.

"going from A to B, hitting everything along the way" has always been my favorite type of street skating. Ricky Oyola and his crew back in the day were a big inspiration for me to go out and find runs through Paris when I still lived there, but the GX cats are taking the shit to a whole other level. this vid should be shown to all the people who don't understand why park footage looks bland and sanitized....

They are not manny city’s as SF.
Urban spots / hills and a big skate scene to have people good enough for skating like that.

Marseille is the best place for street skating & bombing hills in Europe.

Marseille have since years a dope skate scene - we coud expect something from there.
In germany there is Wuppertal - which have sick hills to bomb and is pretty harsh as a city - problem is the city have not much to offer then harsh skate conditions and steep hills - so all talented skateboarders leave the city asap.

Wasn’t skating Paris the last 10 years - but back 20 years ago it was completely spot based.
If your main spots / plazas are to good - and you can skate them the whole day - your are not moving through the whole city.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #354 on: September 01, 2022, 06:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
adam taylor

man I LOVE Adam Taylor!! Dude looks so haggard but is so good!!!
JP Escobar also does that MASSIVE kickflip towards the end and he nollie heels into this huge bank near the beginning.

Nile Gibbs probably the only guy in the squad that wears adidas i think?

Mason Coletti one of the only to wear Nikes (Rob is also on too it seems)

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #355 on: September 01, 2022, 06:44:24 AM »

Jacopo brought the vibe to Milano a couple years back
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #356 on: September 01, 2022, 07:27:10 AM »
It’s so hard to tell Mason Coletti and Taylor Nida apart.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #357 on: September 01, 2022, 07:28:41 AM »
I've been watching it in small doses....shit is too hectic for me to watch in one sitting ha!
anyways I'm almost finished now, damn I'm kind of at a loss for words. Those downhill runs have to look 10 times crazier in person. The one time I've been to SF the hills totally humbled me, you really have no idea till you go there.

also pretty crazy how underground these guys are, I mean I don't know a single of theses dudes'names. who's the guy with the big beard for a start?? Rad style.

daggers crew did a bit of proto-GXism

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #358 on: September 01, 2022, 07:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jacopo brought the vibe to Milano a couple years back

that was sick! (well apart from the music haha....)
Filmed by Yoan Taillandier but I'd never seen it....
and Milan looks crusty !
that Martin Cattaneo line comes to mind as well, in the Vans Tom Tales vid.
welp I guess the downhill revolution is on....Fully backing bringing this type of skating to European cities. but I just dont wanna see dudes plowed by cars, so all you crazy youths use caution. and like my buddy said, don't have a spotter that's 3 beers and 2 blunts deep!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #359 on: September 01, 2022, 08:26:59 AM »
It’s so hard to tell Mason Coletti and Taylor Nida apart.

Taylor Nida is on HUF for shoes I believe and he has kinda fluffier hair. he has the first clip in GX1000 roll up