Author Topic: Emerica containment thread  (Read 52349 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • old and in the way
Re: Emerica containment thread
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2023, 07:38:59 PM »
Still have quite a few pairs of the Reynolds G6s left. This shoe fits my feet so well. I’ve skated three pairs I think. Very long lasting shoe. I’ve skated a bunch of other shoes in between but am always stoked I still have a good supply of these still left.

Stoked on hearing about the forthcoming vegan offerings. I’ve been trying to mostly not buy shoes for a long time and if I do, focus on buying vegan ones.

@Roisto they're amazing, right? I bought 6 pairs when they came out and I've only deaded 2 pairs in that time. I keep 2 pairs in rotation and I've got 2 on ice.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2023, 07:42:25 PM »
I wish emerica would do a timeline with all the models like es did.

Miss the good ol Target logo days and three stripes logo days.   Wonder why they changed them hah

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2023, 09:04:55 PM »
Any chance of the Heretic coming back in the near future? ??? ??? ???
Mentioned it in the upcoming shoe thread but we have the Heretic releasing in 2 colorways in Spring.

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 10:00:32 PM »
Sad to hear Emerica's phasing out the g6 cupsole. Have to stock on a few pairs of Spankys and unwillingly move onto 1010s or whatever.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 10:29:17 PM »
Sad to hear Emerica's phasing out the g6 cupsole. Have to stock on a few pairs of Spankys and unwillingly move onto 1010s or whatever.
Not necessarily phasing out the Pour-In, just some of the models on it. We still have the Figgy G6 in the line and will try to keep the Slip Cup going even if it's just a new colorway every once in awhile.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 11:06:31 PM »

Expand Quote
Ha! ;D I cuffed the pants to show off the shoes better. Playing guitar is pure magic for me. I don't think I could do it even if I had years to practice.

Initially I wasn't a fan of the look of the Reynolds G6 shoes myself. Too much going on I thought but as they were so comfortable on my feet I grew to like how they looked as well. I can definitely say that I'm not dope though or have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. I am quite a regular person, a 40 year old engineer. Sorry, not sorry.  8)
[close]

My b, didn't mean to hate on you personally! Everyone should wear what they want and not give a heck about what anyone thinks. I'm just really particular about skate shoes, and I'm sad that they no longer have that unapologetically 'skate' aesthetic. I desperately want to buy emerica but they don't make a single shoe I'm interested in. That goes for all skate shoes btw. No sick shoes on the market.

No worries man. I didn’t take it personally.  :) I’ve had all sorts of shoes throughout the years. Probably the ghastliest ones I’ve had were the éS Koston 2s in yellow back in the day. Those things were so ugly but skated so good and lasted crazy long. Overall though, I’ve always preferred more understated designs and colorways. I guess that was what I was trying to say with my reply.

I hope someone (maybe even Emerica) comes out with something you find sick so that you can have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding.  ;)

Expand Quote
Still have quite a few pairs of the Reynolds G6s left. This shoe fits my feet so well. I’ve skated three pairs I think. Very long lasting shoe. I’ve skated a bunch of other shoes in between but am always stoked I still have a good supply of these still left.

Stoked on hearing about the forthcoming vegan offerings. I’ve been trying to mostly not buy shoes for a long time and if I do, focus on buying vegan ones.
[close]

@Roisto they're amazing, right? I bought 6 pairs when they came out and I've only deaded 2 pairs in that time. I keep 2 pairs in rotation and I've got 2 on ice.

Yeah. Best shoes I’ve ever had. So comfortable, don’t bag out, very durable. On one pair I didn’t even have to patch the upper as it just held on which never happens to me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 11:17:18 PM by Roisto »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 11:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are so damn tasteful.  I always messed with the black ones but that burgundy/red looks great.
[close]

I can't be the only one who thinks these are weak as hell... They're not 'dope'. They don't have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. They look like regular person shoes. The shoes of someone who plays acoustic guitar or something. They're corny. That's my problem with all Emerica shoes, they're not sick enough to be Emerica.
Mate you're kinda corny. How's emerica supposed to make what you like when you don't even know what that is. Og skateboarding would be like fucking pro Keds or something. The time you're talking about is about two thirds of the way into skateboard history not og.
"I'm sad that they no longer have that unapologetically 'skate' aesthetic"
Like from when they just copied basketball, running and hiking shoes?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2023, 02:39:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are so damn tasteful.  I always messed with the black ones but that burgundy/red looks great.
[close]

I can't be the only one who thinks these are weak as hell... They're not 'dope'. They don't have that super-ill fresh factor of OG skateboarding. They look like regular person shoes. The shoes of someone who plays acoustic guitar or something. They're corny. That's my problem with all Emerica shoes, they're not sick enough to be Emerica.
[close]
Mate you're kinda corny. How's emerica supposed to make what you like when you don't even know what that is. Og skateboarding would be like fucking pro Keds or something. The time you're talking about is about two thirds of the way into skateboard history not og.
Dude, his name is SK8 Prick...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2023, 03:38:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Dude, his name is SK8 Prick...
Lol fair point

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2023, 04:51:26 AM »
Been skating some Es Quattros lately and they're significantly "softer" feeling throughout compared to the KSL G6 (white ones) I had just before these. One thing I've always enjoyed about the G6 cupsoles is how they've done such a solid job to feel supportive and firm but still flex when you need it. Even on a slimmer shoe like the Spanky.

The KSL still has some life in it but I decided to skate something else for a bit since I wanted something fresh after 4 months with the KSL.

I still have about 6-7 pairs of Reynolds G6. Two I've skated and temporarily retired when I found Reynolds was leaving back in 2019. May have to rotate them back in sooner than later, as the flick was one of my favorites to date.

Contrary to what someone said previously, I felt the opposite about the model looking bland. It felt modern tech, but still clean lines for a cup when it was produced (2016-2018), especially amidst some of the DC reissuesbther started to show up at the time.  Similar to how the half cab looked classic but not simple.

Appreciate the Pal who started this thread!! I'll probably be in here often hahah

I used to rock the Quattro a lot when they first came out, but then switched to the Spanky G6 as my go-to and haven't looked back. I found the fit on the Quattro a bit hit or miss, too.

No worries re the thread, it's good to have a separate space like this.

I'm massively biased towards Emerica/Sole Tech as they've helped me out a lot over the years with shoes and giving me the opportunity to make a few videos for Etnies and éS back in the day.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2023, 05:35:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not necessarily phasing out the Pour-In, just some of the models on it. We still have the Figgy G6 in the line and will try to keep the Slip Cup going even if it's just a new colorway every once in awhile.
you know I was secretly wishing for a vegan slip cup @EmericaTM
Any news on upcoming vegan cups? I feel like the all black KSL could have been a staple for you guys …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jwdharris

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2023, 05:42:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
you know I was secretly wishing for a vegan slip cup @EmericaTM
Any news on upcoming vegan cups? I feel like the all black KSL could have been a staple for you guys …

Pretty sure there's a vegan Figgy G6 later in the year... but I could be wrong.

mindfuzz

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2023, 06:05:36 AM »
Told myself I was going to wait for the Spanky Highs to try out some modern Emericas, but just impulse bought some of the lows - excited to see what the G6 is all about. First pair of Emericas since the Reynolds 3s.

jwdharris

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2023, 06:29:13 AM »
Told myself I was going to wait for the Spanky Highs to try out some modern Emericas, but just impulse bought some of the lows - excited to see what the G6 is all about. First pair of Emericas since the Reynolds 3s.

So good. I have a pair of the light blue, two of the wine and three of the charcoal/dark green.

mindfuzz

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2023, 06:31:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So good. I have a pair of the light blue, two of the wine and three of the charcoal/dark green.

Damn that's commitment. I just grabbed a pair of those dark green ones, very nice looking colorway.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2023, 07:02:41 AM »

This was my favorite Emerica shoe :) Even though they were kind of just a rip off of these:

to be honest, some of the reynolds shoe is not much different either:

these were really tight too

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2023, 07:51:22 AM »
Lol I loved the tosh shoe wit the big ass T. Got my white pair signed by Reynolds at Wallenberg contest in 2005 lmfaooo ;D

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2023, 08:26:52 AM »

Yeah that'd be sick

In the meantime, the account @skateshoearchives on Insta posts a log of old Emerica catalog photos for your vintage shoe fix

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2023, 08:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that'd be sick

In the meantime, the account @skateshoearchives on Insta posts a log of old Emerica catalog photos for your vintage shoe fix

I’d wear any of the shoes on that page today, save for maybe the red Tempeltons

pops

• Rep: 253
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2023, 08:56:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn. I wish I had some of those Spankys. Never really had a chance to cop them. I still love the Ksl.

Grand Saber

• Rep: 6
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2023, 09:40:54 AM »
Spanky G6's are by far my favorite skate shoe since coming back to skating around 2 years ago. I just hope that when the Spanky high comes around, we could get some occasional Low top versions

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2023, 12:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What does 'dope' or 'super-ill' even translate to in terms of skate show design? Every era of skating has their classics and they're all different every generation

mindfuzz

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2023, 12:22:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What does 'dope' or 'super-ill' even translate to in terms of skate show design? Every era of skating has their classics and they're all different every generation

Since they're talking about OG skateboarding probably the goofy big puffy shoes with a rubber toecap and air pockets in the soles.

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2023, 04:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wearing any shoe from Sole Tech over the age of 17 is just not acceptable.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2023, 09:01:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Caring what shoes other people wear so much that you make up an arbitrary rule is strange, right?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2023, 09:15:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Caring what shoes other people wear so much that you make up an arbitrary rule is strange, right?
Emerica's not my favorite but that comment is fried especially when nike dunks and adidas shelltoes are the shoes of choice of actual 17 and under people.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2023, 09:20:07 PM »
Emericas the shoes only for kids but somehow also only for wierd boomers....

Thinking about the figgy g6 and the new Spanky high coming out and how good it would of been if they combined them together to make an updated version of my fav emerica shoe "the situation". Oh well one can dream

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2023, 05:20:18 AM »
I skated the Gamma G6 last night. For the first time in a long time my feet aren't killing me after a session. Came from skating Tyshawns and Puigs recently and I couldn't be happier. I'm sticking with G6 shoes for the foreseeable future.

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2023, 09:28:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Emerica's not my favorite but that comment is fried especially when nike dunks and adidas shelltoes are the shoes of choice of actual 17 and under people.

Hey man if you feel ok wearing those thing as an adult have fun with that. But comparing a timeless shelltoe to a dusty ass pair of Emericas seems fair...

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2023, 10:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hey man if you feel ok wearing those thing as an adult have fun with that. But comparing a timeless shelltoe to a dusty ass pair of Emericas seems fair...
I'm rotatiing between blazers and last resorts right now and prob won't buy emericas anytime soon but tying someone's maturity with footwear is actually more juvenile than wearing emericas.