Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720623 times)

BL0B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 417

Juanjo789

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2731 on: June 21, 2020, 12:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This isn't a Spitfire specific question but I only ride Spitfire, so I'm dropping it here. Do conical, radial and the other shapes with a wide riding service cone at the same rate/manner as the classic shapes? Has anyone ever paid attention to this? Peace.
[close]

they don't necessarily cone faster but personally I have found it more noticeable on conicals since they have that more squared shape. All you need to do is rotate them like once per month, or I do whenever I switch decks.
[close]

Thanks, that's what I figured. I hate taking the wheels off the axles because I'm worried I'll never get the nut to thread correctly again. But that's a topic for another thread.
[close]
Just get the Indy skate tool with the rethreader thingy (or any other brand that has that)
[close]

Juanjo789 got your cure
sup

ish_wav

• Rep: 100
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2732 on: June 21, 2020, 11:45:16 AM »
So what’s the deal with the lack of formula fours literally anywhere? I don’t change wheels very often but I’m in desperate need of a new set and Skate Warehouse doesn’t even have them as a list of brands in the wheels section.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #2733 on: June 21, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »
So what’s the deal with the lack of formula fours literally anywhere? I don’t change wheels very often but I’m in desperate need of a new set and Skate Warehouse doesn’t even have them as a list of brands in the wheels section.

Look harder, plenty shops still have em, your options will probably just be more limited.

First three sites I went to had em stocked...peep Parade.

edit: I’m assuming you are US, apologies if you’re overseas but it may be tougher to find in that case.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #2734 on: June 21, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »

Try parade. That links you to actual skate shops.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2735 on: June 21, 2020, 06:01:02 PM »
Was at my local shop trying to get F4s and they said something about how they received an e-mail from deluxe the other day about how they’re shutting down for two weeks or something. They were wiped clean of all deluxe related stuff. Had to settle for STF V3’s instead.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2736 on: June 21, 2020, 07:40:51 PM »
My 99a conical fulls are just crazy rough on my local crusty streets. Jarring even conical fulls. Do I need to give me break in time? I also had very hard time getting bearings in. Might’ve been bc they were delivered today via 90°+ usps truck? 
But had better luck/feeling with classic formula. I’m sure at parks or smooth paved ground they’re amazing but I just can’t find

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2737 on: June 21, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »
My 99a conical fulls are just crazy rough on my local crusty streets. Jarring even conical fulls. Do I need to give me break in time? I also had very hard time getting bearings in. Might’ve been bc they were delivered today via 90°+ usps truck? 
But had better luck/feeling with classic formula. I’m sure at parks or smooth paved ground they’re amazing but I just can’t find
Ya, my 54mm 99a conical fulls ended being the same on my streets (no trouble with the bearings, though). My older 51mm 99a Radial Slims actually felt a little bit better over the same terrain, which was surprising.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2738 on: June 22, 2020, 10:16:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ya, my 54mm 99a conical fulls ended being the same on my streets (no trouble with the bearings, though). My older 51mm 99a Radial Slims actually felt a little bit better over the same terrain, which was surprising.

On day 1 my 99a (conical full) were louder than my past 101s (tablets), feel rougher on the feet, and slide just as easy. The 101s were feeling good at my usual spots (mix of crust and smooth) but when riding round the city they’d ice so bad on quick turns. I can’t judge em off the first session but like you, I hope these break in well because they seem the opposite of what I was looking for.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2739 on: June 22, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

On day 1 my 99a (conical full) were louder than my past 101s (tablets), feel rougher on the feet, and slide just as easy. The 101s were feeling good at my usual spots (mix of crust and smooth) but when riding round the city they’d ice so bad on quick turns. I can’t judge em off the first session but like you, I hope these break in well because they seem the opposite of what I was looking for.
ok good to hear it’s not just me.. interested to hear more detail on that. Did the 99-101 formulas change at all?

might just try OG classics or SPF mike Anderson’s

Onevia

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2740 on: June 22, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
ok good to hear it’s not just me.. interested to hear more detail on that. Did the 99-101 formulas change at all?

I'd be interested in how either of those compare if you end up getting them.

I bought some 54mm 99a Spitfire Striker wheels (OG formula?) about 5yrs ago and they are the harshest wheels I've ever ridden on street with (one wheel also has a hard time installing bearings). It's put me off from getting OG classics even though I'd like to buy a set.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -769
« Reply #2741 on: June 23, 2020, 02:00:54 PM »
What's the closest thing to a formula 4 clone? If they can't be gotten
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #2742 on: June 23, 2020, 03:09:39 PM »
Well, I just panic bought some F4 101 Tablets

Hoping that I like them

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2743 on: June 23, 2020, 06:15:36 PM »

I'd say loophole

YutoBufoni

« Reply #2744 on: June 23, 2020, 06:22:56 PM »
THE BEST. NO FLAT SPOTS.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2745 on: June 23, 2020, 10:17:21 PM »
As much as a lot of people will disagree on this, I’d say STFs (the 83b ones) are pretty damn similar in feel and slideability to the 101a F4s. Definitely not the 99a F4s tho.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2746 on: June 23, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say loophole

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2747 on: June 24, 2020, 04:51:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say loophole
[close]

Loopholes for sure. Reminds me of 99 F4.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2748 on: June 24, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »
Yes, and now they have 54mm connicals!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 345
« Reply #2749 on: June 24, 2020, 09:23:33 PM »
mann i cant imagine ever skating anything other then f4's now... been riding them since the debut in 2013.. was riding the spitfire f1 101's for a few years before that
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

JB77

« Reply #2750 on: June 25, 2020, 03:12:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Okay, I thought I was crazy.  I feel the same way.  I have a pretty recent set of 52mm/99a F4 Conical Fulls and they feel unreasonably hard to me.  Really rough, jarring ride in the streets.  I want to like them and I keep waiting for them to break in, but they're just not any fun to ride.  I wish OJ would bring back the 92a Ditch Witch wheels.  Anybody else making a 92a modern shape wheel these days?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:17:04 AM by JB77 »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2751 on: June 25, 2020, 06:11:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Okay, I thought I was crazy.  I feel the same way.  I have a pretty recent set of 52mm/99a F4 Conical Fulls and they feel unreasonably hard to me.  Really rough, jarring ride in the streets.  I want to like them and I keep waiting for them to break in, but they're just not any fun to ride.  I wish OJ would bring back the 92a Ditch Witch wheels.  Anybody else making a 92a modern shape wheel these days?
mini logo hybrid 90a? come in a-cut or classic shape

JB77

« Reply #2752 on: June 25, 2020, 06:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Think I’ll check those out, thank you!

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2753 on: June 25, 2020, 07:11:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Mini logo 90a definetly feel softer than 90a. I have keyframes and they feel the same.
What about  ML 95a?

ultrabra

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2754 on: June 25, 2020, 07:15:39 AM »
Oh and. The ML don't have a core like keyframes do. So it could be that what makes them feel softer.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2755 on: June 26, 2020, 10:20:27 AM »

VU just got a massive shipment in.  No connection to the shop but have dealt with them before and they are great people.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2756 on: June 26, 2020, 12:10:41 PM »

VU just got a massive shipment in.  No connection to the shop but have dealt with them before and they are great people.
ha, Solstice asking how. Someone replied saying Mexico is back online? As in the factory back to producing? 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 345
« Reply #2757 on: June 28, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
ha, Solstice asking how. Someone replied saying Mexico is back online? As in the factory back to producing?

damn thats awesome they're sticking to just selling to local customers! I havent been to Baltimore in years but when Im back state side and im back east i wanna get a shirt or hat
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2758 on: June 29, 2020, 07:03:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Mini logo 90a definetly feel softer than 90a. I have keyframes and they feel the same.
What about  ML 95a?
The 95a’s are chill, I have a set in black, they are pretty bouncy and soft feeling but still slide when I do back 180s. I wanna get a set in white sometime instead of black. They ride over crusty ditches really well too. 
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2759 on: June 29, 2020, 08:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

What about  ML 95a?
[close]
The 95a’s are chill, I have a set in black, they are pretty bouncy and soft feeling but still slide when I do back 180s. I wanna get a set in white sometime instead of black. They ride over crusty ditches really well too. 
What shape 95a do you have? Need to keep an eye out for the whites for cheap