Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720814 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6750 on: April 19, 2022, 11:34:41 AM »
Work. Apparently my unit is being severely downsized from 4 supervisors and 20 people to 1 supervisor and 4 people. I have zero seniority, since I’ve been here only 9 months. So I have to wait to see if anyone wants to stay in the unit, then if I get bumped out, I have to just take what I can get for an assignment and be thankful I have a job. My supervisor is quitting, we think. She’s burning all of her sick leave and won’t talk to anyone when she’s here. I’m kind of over feeling like everything is up in the air. I am optimistic though that I’ll land somewhere decent.

SchizophrenicFatBoy

« Reply #6751 on: April 19, 2022, 02:49:10 PM »
I'm able to balance work/classes/skateboarding/guitar since increasing my caffeine intake. It just feels like this is not going to work in the long run, or I'll be drinking 5-6 cups/day. I tried lowering my consumption, by doing half decaf, but I just get tired mid-day, resulting in naps.

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6752 on: April 25, 2022, 11:21:27 AM »
I came very close to getting a clip of a line on Saturday and today I had a half day of due to a stupid holiday here in Zurich plus I got a small spell of good weather so I was stoked to get to try to clean up the line today. Unfortunately I came nowhere near close and instead hit my leg with the board countless times. Not stoked about that but at least I got to skate. Thanks for reading.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #6753 on: April 27, 2022, 05:51:59 PM »
"The Fuck Is Going On At Bam's" thread hasn't been posted in since early February.
 I hope ol' Muddy Stromboli is doing well, but I sure do miss the antics.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6754 on: April 28, 2022, 11:03:03 PM »
Had a date with some chick who has an OnlyFans.

Didn't confirm our meeting time fast enough cause I was working and she flipped out and canceled.

I think I dodged a bullet, but also bummed I won't get to guest star in her OF anytime soon.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #6755 on: April 29, 2022, 04:53:15 PM »
Moved to the Bluegrass state which I consider my last life reboot. Only thing not stoked on, allergies killing me. Never had issues with allergies before. Give all you major props who go through this ordeal regularly. Hoping body adjusts, really holding off on taking a daily pill unless I have to. 

Now the positive….Hearing this song for the first time blaring with windows down on some back country road made me feel some type of way. Took me nearly two decades to realize there’s more to life than skating & surfing in California. Moving here been all positive. Best hiking at Cherokee park, that’s all I need perfect dirt trails in the forest. Most importantly, bluegrass nation sparked my musical endeavors once again when I thought I would never play again. Going to Nashville for the first time played a significant influence. Wow that city something else, barely scratched the surface . I’m all in lol, saw two guitarists play with their teeth. Everyone so friendly here & in music city, never experienced anything quite like it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #6756 on: May 01, 2022, 08:18:13 AM »
Bought little nephew a basketball and there was a hoop at the store. Couldn't resist but try and dunk. Didn't make the dunk but hung on the hoop for a bit. I hadn't done any explosive exercise for a while so kinda tweaked my back a little. Then hours later nephew got the ball stuck between the hoop and the backboard so I was like oh I got this jumped up and knocked it down but then definatly have a little twinge in my back lol. One of those ones could be gone when I wake up or could last a week. Anyway happy I can still kinda get up there.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #6757 on: May 02, 2022, 02:25:33 PM »
found a mesolithic flint scraper today but was broken from a frost pop, water working its way into a fissure then expanding as it freezes causing a fracture

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6758 on: May 02, 2022, 05:47:10 PM »
found a mesolithic flint scraper today but was broken from a frost pop, water working its way into a fissure then expanding as it freezes causing a fracture
That's pretty I'd love to see pictures of your finds if you feel like sharing

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6759 on: May 02, 2022, 10:52:59 PM »
Just had a double stand off and victory at the fucking supermarket of all places lol. So first up I'm coming up the escalator and some fat bogan bitch is standing at the top like blocking the way. I get to the top and immediately she loudly gives me shit like why are you wearing a mask? Covids over blah blah and I'm like why do you care what I do (and I'm having to walk on the spot cos I'm still on the escalator) can you get out the way. "She is like no I'm waiting for you youre in my way." To which I have to respond this is the up escalator you go down there and point to the empty escalator next to me. Other people laugh, she looks dumb, I win.
The reason I wear a mask is because I took my mum to get her groceries and she's old and likes wearing a mask so I do too. Anyway as I'm leaving my mum's walking to the side kinda looking at stuff and some random bogan probably in his 50s with his deadshit son probably in his 30s see my mum and are like rip her mask off. So they start like doing big fake coughs and are obviously going to get in my mum's face and I just shove the fat son into his dad. He is all mad like wtf but then turns around and sees me in my mask and fucking shits himself and they both scurry away. My mum's confused and I tell her they were gonna rip her mask off so she's kinda happy I stood up for her but now it's awkward because it's the first time she's seen me kinda turn bogan on someone.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #6760 on: May 02, 2022, 11:17:21 PM »
^well done.

LB

« Reply #6761 on: May 03, 2022, 02:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

@Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein , would be my pleasure.  heres a small selection of stuff ive found fieldwalking for flints or detecting for metals
https://imgur.com/a/xtSSBm8

caked

• Rep: -24
« Reply #6762 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

@Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein , would be my pleasure.  heres a small selection of stuff ive found fieldwalking for flints or detecting for metals

WOW. Ancient history/art history nerd here. your collection is very impressive! guessing you must be in the UK or Ireland? I'd like to own a medieval penny at some point in my life, I love coins! Cheers and thanks for sharing!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #6763 on: May 05, 2022, 12:58:38 AM »
wow - indeed. that's sick! very nice collection

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6764 on: May 05, 2022, 07:17:13 PM »
https://www.wbtv.com/2022/05/04/cmpd-former-pro-skateboarder-arrested-more-sexual-abuse-charges/

started going to the skatepark when i was 13 or 14 (2000-2001). this guy was always there. every day. at the time he had long dreads and was probably in his early 30s? he was loud and loved to be the center of attention. he could skate pretty well but mostly just did flyouts off quarterpipes and steep banks over cones. he would have the microphone at every local contest. he was "the guy" for a long time in that scene.

he was "pro" for a bunch of shitty local brands that never went anywhere. navigator trucks was the biggest thing i can remember. nicotine wheels maybe? the rest were homemade board companies.

anyways, from the first day and after it was always rumored that he was a weird guy and rumors flew about him touching kids. he would take kids on "skate trips" to parks a few hours away. somehow their parents saw him as a "coach" even though this dude was an obvious loser and reeked of weed and drove a half broke down car. it was all really bizarre. i was like "well these rumors can't be true or somebody would have told on him by now". i was still shocked any parent would leave their child with him, rapist or not.

i was a kid when i learned about all this, 13 or 14. i always got a weird vibe from the guy. i grew up, skating and working at a shop with the "older guys" who also told me they had heard the same shit. this guy didnt have any really good friends his age - just those weird guys at the park who had their own "skate scene" because, honestly, they were too weird to even be part of the actual skate scene.

to see this shit come out now bums me out. i cant believe it was true all those years and it definitely happened during and after all the rumors about it. this news story went from 2 kids in March to 10 in May. i know some of these people.

when i was in my mid-20s working at the local shop this lady came in with her son and she was confiding in me and a couple co-workers and asked "would it be safe for him to go with Ray to this skate park? he seems like a nice guy but i feel really weird about it" and i said "look i normally dont get involved in this type of thing but i have heard some really bad things about this guy" and told her the rumors and she thanked me in confidence. i would like to hope that was helpful. i hate that we were too young or naive to do anything back then. worst part is i remember this kid getting older and once he had a car he was a big part of that scene that i was hoping his mother could help him avoid.

the "stoked on" part is that i know he will finally pay for what he did. i dont think guys like him have a good time in prison.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6765 on: May 05, 2022, 09:17:50 PM »
Just had a double stand off and victory at the fucking supermarket of all places lol. So first up I'm coming up the escalator and some fat bogan bitch is standing at the top like blocking the way. I get to the top and immediately she loudly gives me shit like why are you wearing a mask? Covids over blah blah and I'm like why do you care what I do (and I'm having to walk on the spot cos I'm still on the escalator) can you get out the way. "She is like no I'm waiting for you youre in my way." To which I have to respond this is the up escalator you go down there and point to the empty escalator next to me. Other people laugh, she looks dumb, I win.
The reason I wear a mask is because I took my mum to get her groceries and she's old and likes wearing a mask so I do too. Anyway as I'm leaving my mum's walking to the side kinda looking at stuff and some random bogan probably in his 50s with his deadshit son probably in his 30s see my mum and are like rip her mask off. So they start like doing big fake coughs and are obviously going to get in my mum's face and I just shove the fat son into his dad. He is all mad like wtf but then turns around and sees me in my mask and fucking shits himself and they both scurry away. My mum's confused and I tell her they were gonna rip her mask off so she's kinda happy I stood up for her but now it's awkward because it's the first time she's seen me kinda turn bogan on someone.

I never read that expression bogan and just looked it up. I know a family here in the states with that as a last name and it's perfect for the fuck off asses.

Pretty gnarly story btw. good on you for save your mom

@Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

dude, that collection is wild. have you found all of those yourself? I can't imagine that. man, that's really cool
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

somefucker

« Reply #6766 on: May 06, 2022, 07:01:46 AM »

i don't get these kinda people

you see people minding their business and have to go out of your way to make them feel uncomfortable

it's almost like they WANT to start conflict and blame YOU

good for you though

LB

« Reply #6767 on: May 07, 2022, 05:48:48 AM »
thanks caked and something must break.  yeah, im in uk.  amazing whats to be found either in the ground or laying on the surface if you take the time to look.  theres just as amazing, if not more gorgeous flint arrowheads to be found in usa too.
metal finds not so old obviously, but its all relative.  if i lived there id think id hunt the creeks for arrowheads and gold panning, that looks fun.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6768 on: May 07, 2022, 05:57:13 AM »
thanks caked and something must break.  yeah, im in uk.  amazing whats to be found either in the ground or laying on the surface if you take the time to look.  theres just as amazing, if not more gorgeous flint arrowheads to be found in usa too.
metal finds not so old obviously, but its all relative.  if i lived there id think id hunt the creeks for arrowheads and gold panning, that looks fun.
You ever seen the show "the detectorists"?

LB

« Reply #6769 on: May 07, 2022, 08:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You ever seen the show "the detectorists"?

yeah i love it, its hilarious.  really gets the quirkiness of some of the detectors detectorists

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #6770 on: May 07, 2022, 08:53:44 AM »
I got frustratingly close to landing my first tre flip, which I am stoked but not stoked on.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6771 on: May 07, 2022, 10:41:22 AM »
I’m pretty sure I tore my training partner’s UCL in his elbow at BJJ today. It popped and kinda sounded like cardboard tearing. I let go right away as it happened and apologized immediately.

I feel terrible about it.

He told me it was his own damn fault and not to feel bad, as he tried to tough-guy his way out and not tap, but even then, I feel bad. Submission hold was smooth and not cranked at lightning speed, I’m always super careful and always make sure to give you time to tap out.

So I’m stoked he’s not mad at me and we’re cool, but I’m not stoked I hurt him. Been at it for 4 years, first time I hurt someone.

I’ve had it done to me before. I was out for a bit over three weeks (mine didn’t tear, just sprained), and two months later I still feel it. It’s a combat sport, it happens unfortunately.

LB

« Reply #6772 on: May 07, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »
I’m pretty sure I tore my training partner’s UCL in his elbow at BJJ today. It popped and kinda sounded like cardboard tearing. I let go right away as it happened and apologized immediately.

I feel terrible about it.

He told me it was his own damn fault and not to feel bad, as he tried to tough-guy his way out and not tap, but even then, I feel bad. Submission hold was smooth and not cranked at lightning speed, I’m always super careful and always make sure to give you time to tap out.

So I’m stoked he’s not mad at me and we’re cool, but I’m not stoked I hurt him. Been at it for 4 years, first time I hurt someone.

I’ve had it done to me before. I was out for a bit over three weeks (mine didn’t tear, just sprained), and two months later I still feel it. It’s a combat sport, it happens unfortunately.

oss

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #6773 on: May 09, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Thanks ! Very sick !
I tried detection with my dad in the past but was simply to young.
I love the treasure hunt feeling, I've looked for fossils and stuff like that.

Do you have to get your finds officially checked out ?

LB

« Reply #6774 on: May 09, 2022, 03:59:09 PM »
general stuff youre encouraged to report to the portable antiquities scheme, but treasure its law to declare it.  then either the museums buy it or return it to finder.  moneys usually split 50/50 between finder and landowner.  id rather have the artefacts for my bedroomuseum than the money though.  then id probably buy the farmers share out with barrels of cider.
its a great hobby, lots of fresh air and exercise, find really cool ancient shit.  99% of what you dig is modern junk though,  its scary how much crap i clean up.  scrap can be weighed in though for bit of cash

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
« Reply #6775 on: May 15, 2022, 02:59:55 AM »
Mother I Sober has made me cry twice today.  Kendrick you powerful bastard

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6776 on: May 26, 2022, 05:32:22 PM »
There’s a girl who goes to the Salem park. I been watching her development as a skater. She has crazy good style. I’m stoked on that.

I should have gone street skateboarding. I was unable to land on trick that’s not boring. I couldn’t land anything. I’m pretty bummed.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #6777 on: May 26, 2022, 06:07:00 PM »
There’s a girl who goes to the Salem park. I been watching her development as a skater. She has crazy good style. I’m stoked on that.

I should have gone street skateboarding. I was unable to land on trick that’s not boring. I couldn’t land anything. I’m pretty bummed.

Seeing local kids grow into ripping opinionated skaters is a beautiful thing.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6778 on: May 27, 2022, 09:13:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seeing local kids grow into ripping opinionated skaters is a beautiful thing.

She has the power for sure. Super nice kid. Great style. I can see her in my minds eye rn. I hope they roll forever and ever. And keep talking to people at the park. Such a sweet nice person.

I want girls to take over skateboarding. I feel like it would be cooler if there was a more girls here with us.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6779 on: May 27, 2022, 09:21:12 AM »
I’m stoked this stupid Johnny Vs Amber shit is almost over.

I can’t stand it. Makes me sick it’s on the tv all the time.

I have been falsely accused before so I understand some of the Chauvinists opinions a little but I know both those people are assholes.

They abused each other all day everyday I can see it.

Also depp is a poser
(A)pl(E)