Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720444 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3600 on: August 15, 2021, 11:29:42 AM »
Are classic fulls pretty much same as radials? They have very similar sizing but classics have narrower riding surface.

Yeah, they are similar. But classics have more round sidewalls. And a narrower riding surface like you said.
I liked radials and radial slims but for me personally the rounder edges of classics seem beneficial for flips.
Could all be in my head tho.
IG: @flowterspace

RichardAsh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3601 on: August 22, 2021, 05:44:38 AM »
I've used spitfire for 20 years. I can't believe they are 99 durometer because they ride so smooth and fast over cracks and asphalt don't slow it down at all. These are the perfect wheels for the street they are fast and give superior control. Formula Four are definitely the best wheels.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3602 on: August 22, 2021, 07:48:32 PM »
I've got some originally 55mm F4 Conical Full 99duro. I've had them on my set up since October, so around 10 months at this point. I'm kind of amazed. The wheels are still solid almost a year later and I've been regularly skating. Sure, they're like a slightly squarer 51-52 (I'm guessing. Haven't measured) at this point so I do feel like I'm going slower or need to push slightly more for speed on some terrain.

It reminded me how long wheels can actually last. I was going through wheels much faster over a year ago because I was finding my niche between Bones STF and eventually trying F4s. I'll take a photo of my wheels and add it in here for reference later.

In summary, I may stick with F4 from here on out (I already bought 2-3 spare pairs earlier this year so methinks I like them haha)

I’ve been on some 54 conical fulls for over a year and they just won’t quit. I’ll leave them at the park when i finally change over to a new set of the same exact wheels lol

maggot cunt

« Reply #3603 on: September 10, 2021, 07:28:20 AM »
slap pals, think i may have got a defective wheel or just some bad luck. one out of set of four of my 97du formula 4’s has wigged out on me. this is after 3 maybe 4 times using them maximum, as you can see from the other three wheels theyve barely broken in. the surface of the wheel (other than the cracking) is what id describe as dusty/powdery

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #3604 on: September 10, 2021, 07:47:40 AM »
slap pals, think i may have got a defective wheel or just some bad luck. one out of set of four of my 97du formula 4’s has wigged out on me. this is after 3 maybe 4 times using them maximum, as you can see from the other three wheels theyve barely broken in. the surface of the wheel (other than the cracking) is what id describe as dusty/powdery

Looks like they ran out of their secret congealant, cum from a hellride skater.
Of course hellride skaters have abnormally  huge balls, and Spitfire has a special facility for milking these glands. Usually skaters visit for a week or so to get milked, usually right after a hellride. Marketing plays into this as well, and until now thru have had a more-or-less steady supply.

But with hellride becoming more and more scarce with the younger generation (SLAP’s cheerful mocking of hellride is well known at Spitfire), I’m afraid that we’ll see more QC issues like sugary wheels, or they might have to change their formula to F5, which is in its experimental stage, and requires milking extreme pogostick athletes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 08:19:14 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3605 on: September 10, 2021, 07:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote

Of course hellride skaters have huge balls, and Spitfire has a special facility for milking these glands. Usually skaters visit for a week or so to get milked, usually right after a hellride.

But with hellride becoming more and more scare, I’m afraid that we’ll see more QC isdues, or they might have to change their formula to F5, which is in its experimental stage, and requires milking extreme pogostick athletes.

[close]

Oh shit, I have a set of this exact wheel sitting on my shelf for winter use after trying it one time.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3606 on: September 10, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
Email DLX their warranty is great. That’s probably the most sold wheel in their lineup and I don’t think I’ve ever had that issue myself or see a wheel just fall apart. A lot of shops will just give you a new set and deal with it with their rep.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #3607 on: September 11, 2021, 02:18:30 AM »
Second on contacting Deluxe. They have your back.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3608 on: September 11, 2021, 06:06:53 AM »

Usually contact the shop you bought them from, otherwise contact DLXSF.COM directly (Hit us up) in the top right of the website, with these pics and details of when and where you got them.

https://www.dlxsf.com/

Oh shit, I have a set of this exact wheel sitting on my shelf for winter use after trying it one time.

Of hundreds if not thousands of each style of wheels, the returns rate is so very, very low that there is minimal chance that your set may be faulty too.

I might have had about twenty or more sets of F4 classics on my boards (as well as hundreds through my hands) and have only had one set with warranty issues in that time.

There have been bad batches from time to time too, but again it is very limited and DLX replace wheels if found to be faulty.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3609 on: September 11, 2021, 07:17:16 AM »
I asked Jim for venture style bushings when mine blew out and I couldn't find the same shaped bushings as the stock. Jim sent me a whole new pair, 4 dlx bushings, and a venture mug. DLX will get your back on your wheel for sure.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #3610 on: September 11, 2021, 08:14:28 AM »
I asked Jim for venture style bushings when mine blew out and I couldn't find the same shaped bushings as the stock. Jim sent me a whole new pair, 4 dlx bushings, and a venture mug. DLX will get your back on your wheel for sure.

How did you get through to him?

I need to ask them something on ventures
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3611 on: September 11, 2021, 08:18:57 AM »
I’ve gotten a response every time I’ve emailed the generic help email on any DLX site. Same dude answered for Thunder and Venture. In each case they sent me more bushings than I’ll ever need and a fat grip of stickers

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3612 on: September 11, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »
I’ve gotten a response every time I’ve emailed the generic help email on any DLX site. Same dude answered for Thunder and Venture. In each case they sent me more bushings than I’ll ever need and a fat grip of stickers

Jim T and DLX (plus the brands under them) are active on IG, always get a reply from them within a day or 2.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3613 on: September 13, 2021, 12:11:38 AM »
Anyone rode Radials in 53mm recently? Really enjoyed the Radial Slims for the lock, Classics not so much, the rounded edge didn't work for me on locking into grinds.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3614 on: September 13, 2021, 12:21:58 AM »
I’ve just come off a set of radial 53s, onto conical fulls. I find the radials a healthy point between boxy conical wheels and the over round classics

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3615 on: September 13, 2021, 12:36:55 AM »
I’ve just come off a set of radial 53s, onto conical fulls. I find the radials a healthy point between boxy conical wheels and the over round classics

Nice, would like preferred Radial Slims but those are hard to come by these days. I'm riding some skinny Autobahn Dual Durometers, even though they weigh the same as Classics they feel much more nimble. Must be the hard plastic core adding weight.

53mm Classics - 53 x 33 x 16
53mm Radials - 53 x 33 x 19.5
53mm Radial Slims - 53 x 30.5 x 19
53mm Conical Full - 53 x 33.5 x 21.5
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

newguy

« Reply #3616 on: September 13, 2021, 04:48:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Of course hellride skaters have abnormally  huge balls, and Spitfire has a special facility for milking these glands. Usually skaters visit for a week or so to get milked, usually right after a hellride. Marketing plays into this as well, and until now thru have had a more-or-less steady supply.

But with hellride becoming more and more scarce with the younger generation (SLAP’s cheerful mocking of hellride is well known at Spitfire), I’m afraid that we’ll see more QC issues like sugary wheels, or they might have to change their formula to F5, which is in its experimental stage, and requires milking extreme pogostick athletes.

Will the pogo stick cum give us more air time on lilies and transition though

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3617 on: September 13, 2021, 06:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice, would like preferred Radial Slims but those are hard to come by these days. I'm riding some skinny Autobahn Dual Durometers, even though they weigh the same as Classics they feel much more nimble. Must be the hard plastic core adding weight.

53mm Classics - 53 x 33 x 16
53mm Radials - 53 x 33 x 19.5
53mm Radial Slims - 53 x 30.5 x 19
53mm Conical Full - 53 x 33.5 x 21.5

I still have a few sets and prefer them right out of the packet compared to classics, which I like once they have worn down a few mm, so that would be a +1 from me for radials. 

Not sure if the extra width would make you over think them, or if they do feel a bit wide, compared to Radial Slims, but I think that size and shape is a winner.

RichardAsh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3618 on: September 18, 2021, 11:36:57 PM »
First off spitfire is my #1 choice for skateboard wheels. These wheels last me a long time and don’t get flat spots easily. Spitfire wheels have always been favored by most skaters because they are reliable and smooth. This is the first time I’ve bought 48mm wheels and I love them.

DillsDarts

• Rep: -22
« Reply #3619 on: September 19, 2021, 12:13:33 AM »
So, I’ve fallen in love with my conical full’s over the last year or two.. shop got them in, made the switch from OJ & couldn’t get enough of the speed and control, originally had 101’s then later switched down to some 99’s, I love and mainly skate transition but have recently wanted to get back into skating more flat ground & have been wanting to try some big heads 55mm, my one homie mentioned going to flat conical & a smaller size too but I’m not sure……So, what’s the best wheel for skating transition, crusty ass streets & more tech???
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #3620 on: September 19, 2021, 12:48:59 AM »
So, I’ve fallen in love with my conical full’s over the last year or two.. shop got them in, made the switch from OJ & couldn’t get enough of the speed and control, originally had 101’s then later switched down to some 99’s, I love and mainly skate transition but have recently wanted to get back into skating more flat ground & have been wanting to try some big heads 55mm, my one homie mentioned going to flat conical & a smaller size too but I’m not sure……So, what’s the best wheel for skating transition, crusty ass streets & more tech???

I skate mostly street and always use conical full 55s. If I skate transition it’s basically just surfing the bowl or very basic mini ramp. But I like the conical fills for ledge dancing and manual finagling, especially on rougher ground. So in my opinion you may already be good to go.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3621 on: September 19, 2021, 10:40:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I skate mostly street and always use conical full 55s. If I skate transition it’s basically just surfing the bowl or very basic mini ramp. But I like the conical fills for ledge dancing and manual finagling, especially on rougher ground. So in my opinion you may already be good to go.

I am using two setups now, a 9.81" Krooked Gonzales with 56mm Conical Fulls for transition, and 9.25" Heroin popsicle with 52mm Classics for street. Love the speed, stability, and lock-in of the Conical Fulls in the bowl. However, I can skate the bowl using the Classics better than I can skate street with the Conical Fulls.

Obviously, the size is a major factor, however I really enjoy the smaller resistance of the Classics when skating ledges and flat ground. If I had to pick one wheel, it would be the Classics, maybe 54mm instead of 52mm. This favors tech over crust though, I think it’s hard to balance those.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3622 on: September 19, 2021, 03:45:37 PM »

In the shapes department, squarer shapes like Conical Full and OG Classics with wider riding surface are good for crust, grip and locking in to things more, or to redefine, they will hold you onto an edge more so than rounder shapes.  Classic / round shapes are easier to get on and off edges and coping, sometimes with people saying they cannot lock in as easily, or slip out a lot more than with them too, but I feel like Classics / rounder wheels make it easier to grind further on coping, but that is just me.

Both work well for various things, but as with almost all Spitfires, the size goes up proportionately so the taller the wheel, the wider it is too.

If anyone was not quite sure of the sizes and shapes, there are a number of charts a few pages back, this one probably being the most up to date with info that is easy to see:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=68020.msg3587166#msg3587166

Thanks to @listentoaheartbeat for that too!

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3623 on: September 19, 2021, 06:05:45 PM »

Definitely some super soft, large wheels. Love my 56mm OJ Plain Janes. I could even go 58mm. I run risers though.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3624 on: September 20, 2021, 12:06:34 AM »
In the shapes department, squarer shapes like Conical Full and OG Classics with wider riding surface are good for crust, grip and locking in to things more, or to redefine, they will hold you onto an edge more so than rounder shapes.  Classic / round shapes are easier to get on and off edges and coping, sometimes with people saying they cannot lock in as easily, or slip out a lot more than with them too, but I feel like Classics / rounder wheels make it easier to grind further on coping, but that is just me.

Spot on, Conical Fulls or other conical shapes will lock-in securely even with moderate heel pressure, but there is more friction that will slow you down. Especially if the trucks have a deep groove. I’ve noticed lightweight folks don’t notice this as much, which makes sense. With the Classics I am applying much more heel pressure when grinding coping, especially Frontside.

I was skating the bowl with the small Classics yesterday and my grinds were much longer than with the large Conical Fulls, even though I was going slower in general. Speed is a major factor for me, I am more confident to go really fast with the wide riding surface and the more solid lock-in of the Conical Fulls. Night and day, frankly. I would never push corners as hard on the Classics, and be scared to miss a lock-in at full throttle.

KushBush

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3625 on: September 23, 2021, 06:22:41 AM »
I think classic fulls are back. My local got some in, think I’ll try em. I prefer conical fulls for the rough ground but like classic for flip tricks more. Hoping the classic full will be a best of both worlds scenario.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #3626 on: September 23, 2021, 07:20:08 AM »
classic fulls are a fine choice

a little tough to lock in on coping but rolling over anything is nice

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3627 on: September 23, 2021, 09:28:53 AM »
Yeah the Classic Fulls are labelled Repeaters and have minimal graphics on them similar to those 50mm tablets from last year. Sadly no discounted price this time. They come in 52-54mm. I was hot to try them when they weren't available but I think Radials scratch the same itch for me.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3628 on: September 23, 2021, 01:22:01 PM »
 i’m not sure what you guys have been talking about in here as i don’t frequent this section of slap often, but if anyone’s been looking for 52-55 conical fulls, i came across this on ebay. i messaged the guy because i was curious about how legit these were, and he said that these are made in the same factory as spitfire, just no logos. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133612170680

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3629 on: September 23, 2021, 01:28:39 PM »
i’m not sure what you guys have been talking about in here as i don’t frequent this section of slap often, but if anyone’s been looking for 52-55 conical fulls, i came across this on ebay. i messaged the guy because i was curious about how legit these were, and he said that these are made in the same factory as spitfire, just no logos. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133612170680

Those wheels are treadded and aren't the right color. I kindly don't believe it.

edit: but if you do get a set, let us know how they are.