Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721052 times)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #4410 on: September 13, 2022, 12:56:15 PM »
First they took the sticker, now it’s the packaging and the wheels only get more expensive.

Both of mine came with stickers, for the record

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4411 on: September 13, 2022, 07:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First they took the sticker, now it’s the packaging and the wheels only get more expensive.
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
the sticker is back in now!
Is it the big head sticker or the black strip that just says spitfire? Cause the latter is trash haha

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #4412 on: September 13, 2022, 07:56:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
[close]
Is it the big head sticker or the black strip that just says spitfire? Cause the latter is trash haha

I got two big head stickers

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4413 on: September 14, 2022, 01:27:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
[close]

i don't know about the new square package but the standard F4 one comes with a sticker, depending on the shape, you get a trash one or a great one (wings on wheel for OG classic)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 09:19:08 AM by BALARGUE »

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4414 on: September 14, 2022, 09:10:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
[close]

I got a bighead sticker with my glow in the dark conical fulls this summer

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #4415 on: September 14, 2022, 09:29:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
[close]
[close]

usually the conical fulls come with that black sticker, classics have the big head sticker and og classics have the wheel with wings sticker

eviltgirl

• Rep: 31
« Reply #4416 on: September 14, 2022, 09:35:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

We live in a society
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

usually the conical fulls come with that black sticker, classics have the big head sticker and og classics have the wheel with wings sticker

idk man, I got a bighead sticker with my glow in the dark conical fulls this summer.

It was a green glow in the dark lookin sticker

Palle_h

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4417 on: September 14, 2022, 12:20:33 PM »
Got a set of OG Classics and all four wobble, one being really noticeable and is dragging the bearings. Is it worth waiting for a warranty? Just checked the 97a conicals I've had for a while and they wobble too but not as bad as the new OG's, guess I didn't notice or care when I set them up.

How did I go with your wobbly wheels did you get new ones?I my self tried 2 set spitfire F4 for the first time in my life 99a and 101a an both wobble. I even found a wobbly wheel among a set spitfire Bigheaded,but when contacting spitfire they don't reply at all won't be any more spitfire for can I say.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 12:37:42 PM by Palle_h »

Palle_h

« Reply #4418 on: September 14, 2022, 12:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Got a set of OG Classics and all four wobble, one being really noticeable and is dragging the bearings. Is it worth waiting for a warranty? Just checked the 97a conicals I've had for a while and they wobble too but not as bad as the new OG's, guess I didn't notice or care when I set them up.
[close]

I'm also having really bad wobble on a new set of radials, only a single wheel. Spitfire ignored my warranty claims (sent 2, a week apart) and instagram messages for 2 weeks so far. These things are stupid expensive in europe so I'm not gonna cut them any slack for this shit

Did you get yours replaced on warranty? I have 3 sets of spitfire that wobble,not cheap in Europe at all and spitfire doesn't reply at all. I can't understand how they can mess up like this s big wheel company. Luckily we have Bones Ricta and oj and many many more companies!

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #4419 on: September 14, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »
Hello, I’m new here. I’m a 35 year old big boi just getting back into skating again. Its been about 20 years and 100 pounds.
I got the F4 57mm Oski Radials as part of my bday gifts. I really wanted conical fulls but Titus only stocked these.
Look sick, if you’re into that kind of graphic.

Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Palle_h

« Reply #4420 on: September 14, 2022, 12:53:05 PM »
Hello, I’m new here. I’m a 35 year old big boi just getting back into skating again. Its been about 20 years and 100 pounds.
I got the F4 57mm Oski Radials as part of my bday gifts. I really wanted conical fulls but Titus only stocked these.

Shouldn't you but adverts somewhere else?!

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #4421 on: September 14, 2022, 01:59:07 PM »

Tbh you got the best shape they make, much harder to find than CFs too

jrb32

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4422 on: September 14, 2022, 03:12:53 PM »
50/51 mm F4 classics seem to be non existent these days. Did they stop making these?

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4423 on: September 14, 2022, 03:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm also having really bad wobble on a new set of radials, only a single wheel. Spitfire ignored my warranty claims (sent 2, a week apart) and instagram messages for 2 weeks so far. These things are stupid expensive in europe so I'm not gonna cut them any slack for this shit
[close]

Did you get yours replaced on warranty? I have 3 sets of spitfire that wobble,not cheap in Europe at all and spitfire doesn't reply at all. I can't understand how they can mess up like this s big wheel company. Luckily we have Bones Ricta and oj and many many more companies!

Nope, they never responded. But I kind of fixed it. Here's how:
I just sanded the bearing seat a lot, took out some material with a knife too. Then put in some old bearings+spacers, screwed the nut on as tight as possible and rolled around to break in the new bearing seat. Bearings got destroyed very quickly by that but it somehow actually worked. I can ride them now, but it still keeps me from buying spitfire again.

patchouli

• Rep: 9
« Reply #4424 on: September 14, 2022, 04:04:44 PM »

My latest setup felt nearly perfect but I thought 58mm classics were a bit small...
I checked out my local skate shop yesterday for the latest spitfire drop — I was interested in the Kanfoush Spitfire F4 Conical Fulls in 60 but that specific shop location didn't have them yet so I picked up 60mm F4 classics instead. Holy fuck these wheels are perfect! I recently learned frontside 5050's and I had one of my best sessions yet on these wheels last night, a clean grind while going fast is a brand new feeling and I'm so stoked to skate again tonight :-*

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4425 on: September 14, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just sanded the bearing seat a lot, took out some material with a knife too. Then put in some old bearings+spacers, screwed the nut on as tight as possible and rolled around to break in the new bearing seat. Bearings got destroyed very quickly by that but it somehow actually worked. I can ride them now, but it still keeps me from buying spitfire again.

The shop where any of you bought Spitfire wheels from is where you should take them back to if you have any issues.

It is pretty simple really when you do that, they usually sort out new ones if the ones you have are faulty and are definitely covered under warranty for that sort of thing.

Just sending a message (that may never actually be seen) and then complaining about it on the internet really only leaves you short, but from being in a shop situation and knowing how distributors work, including those outside of the USA, it is definitely the best and fastest way to get a decent resolution for anything.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help explain how things work.

That said, yes there have definitely been more issues lately with Spitfire wheels, but the faulty set that came through my hands recently from a friend who didn't know what to do with them was replaced quickly and easily here in AU from the shop they were bought from.

There is no way whatsoever that this wobbly wheel would have taken a bearing and worked without a whole lot of effort, so as per anything that doesn't perform to expectations, warranty through the place of purchase is the correct course of action to take.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4426 on: September 14, 2022, 07:04:27 PM »
50/51 mm F4 classics seem to be non existent these days. Did they stop making these?

51mm are still available, seen them available in a few online retailers.

50/51mm were available in Classics / Tablets under the Lil Smokies line, but that was 2-3 seasons ago, I'm sure they are still floating around.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 173
« Reply #4427 on: September 14, 2022, 07:15:51 PM »

My latest setup felt nearly perfect but I thought 58mm classics were a bit small...
I checked out my local skate shop yesterday for the latest spitfire drop — I was interested in the Kanfoush Spitfire F4 Conical Fulls in 60 but that specific shop location didn't have them yet so I picked up 60mm F4 classics instead. Holy fuck these wheels are perfect! I recently learned frontside 5050's and I had one of my best sessions yet on these wheels last night, a clean grind while going fast is a brand new feeling and I'm so stoked to skate again tonight :-*

😍😍😍

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4428 on: September 14, 2022, 07:56:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

51mm are still available, seen them available in a few online retailers.

50/51mm were available in Classics / Tablets under the Lil Smokies line, but that was 2-3 seasons ago, I'm sure they are still floating around.

I was looking last week, didn't have much luck other than 50mm classics.

Went with 51mm STF V1s (PJs wheel) instead.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #4429 on: September 15, 2022, 02:34:18 AM »
Yeah I have been seeing the lack of 50 and 51 mm Spitfires too. No like. 51 mm tablets were my go to for a while, now its the classics. The 51s, when the grapic wears down, remind me of the Real Small Wheels from waaaay back in the day. You’d get six wheels for the price of four.

Creachteach

• Rep: 120
« Reply #4430 on: September 15, 2022, 05:54:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shouldn't you but adverts somewhere else?!

Aah, you must be a skate shop owner, to have your feelings hurt by this. Consider it a public service announcement. Can you sell them at a similar price? Feel free to dm me in danish.
Im too dumb to figure out how to make this drawing my profile pic.

Palle_h

« Reply #4431 on: September 15, 2022, 06:45:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The shop where any of you bought Spitfire wheels from is where you should take them back to if you have any issues.

It is pretty simple really when you do that, they usually sort out new ones if the ones you have are faulty and are definitely covered under warranty for that sort of thing.

Just sending a message (that may never actually be seen) and then complaining about it on the internet really only leaves you short, but from being in a shop situation and knowing how distributors work, including those outside of the USA, it is definitely the best and fastest way to get a decent resolution for anything.

Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help explain how things work.

That said, yes there have definitely been more issues lately with Spitfire wheels, but the faulty set that came through my hands recently from a friend who didn't know what to do with them was replaced quickly and easily here in AU from the shop they were bought from.

There is no way whatsoever that this wobbly wheel would have taken a bearing and worked without a whole lot of effort, so as per anything that doesn't perform to expectations, warranty through the place of purchase is the correct course of action to take.

Okay may be so but it says on the package and on the home page if it's a manufacturer fault,that you should contact them on their mail.

But maybe it's a so big number of wheels that is faulty that they can't handle it,at least they could have replied to contact dealer instead then.

Thanks for your reply anyway 👍🙂

Palle_h

« Reply #4432 on: September 15, 2022, 06:51:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice👍 i may be try something like that sand it down in some way, if they don't get replaced. I bought them in 2020
then it maybe too late for warranty.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4433 on: September 15, 2022, 04:35:22 PM »

Okay may be so but it says on the package and on the home page if it's a manufacturer fault,that you should contact them on their mail.

But maybe it's a so big number of wheels that is faulty that they can't handle it,at least they could have replied to contact dealer instead then.

All good.

I think the only people who have really had direct interaction with DLXSF and been provided new wheels have been in the USA, with all other distributors around the world having to deal with which ever country they distribute DLX products to.

That is the case here in Australia, as well as hearing from quite a few others on here in other parts of the world, UK, EU and so on.

It does make it difficult for a person though if they expect to have the direct approach (as per the information provided) only to be told to go a different route.

Every other brand and distributor I have dealt with seems to be operating in a similar way in that regard too - go through the local shop, to the local distro, with only the people directly affected in USA being able to get products from those USA based main brand and distribution companies.

Some need to have the actual product returned to them, while others are happy to see a picture of the product.  Some replace said product, while others issue a credit to the shop account.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #4436 on: September 19, 2022, 12:38:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All good.

I think the only people who have really had direct interaction with DLXSF and been provided new wheels have been in the USA, with all other distributors around the world having to deal with which ever country they distribute DLX products to.

That is the case here in Australia, as well as hearing from quite a few others on here in other parts of the world, UK, EU and so on.

It does make it difficult for a person though if they expect to have the direct approach (as per the information provided) only to be told to go a different route.

Every other brand and distributor I have dealt with seems to be operating in a similar way in that regard too - go through the local shop, to the local distro, with only the people directly affected in USA being able to get products from those USA based main brand and distribution companies.

Some need to have the actual product returned to them, while others are happy to see a picture of the product.  Some replace said product, while others issue a credit to the shop account.

they replaced my set of wheels and i live in poland, but that was about 3-4 years ago

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4437 on: September 19, 2022, 04:19:42 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm set with my new 54 Conicals however I just had some 56 radial fulls and these wheels were so massive I kept getting hurt on them.

Doing some research I found the contact patch on the 56 Radial Fulls was something like 26 compared to my current 20-21 on the Conicals.

I don't see Radial Fulls in the lineup anymore and for good reason probably

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #4438 on: September 19, 2022, 06:12:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

All good.

[close]

they replaced my set of wheels and i live in poland, but that was about 3-4 years ago

Same is Spain, opened a thread and someone from DLX contact me. After sending an email to DLX someone from the distribution in Spain offered me a replacement set without problem or showing any receipt, just pictures.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #4439 on: September 19, 2022, 07:00:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm set with my new 54 Conicals however I just had some 56 radial fulls and these wheels were so massive I kept getting hurt on them.

Doing some research I found the contact patch on the 56 Radial Fulls was something like 26 compared to my current 20-21 on the Conicals.

I don't see Radial Fulls in the lineup anymore and for good reason probably

Regular conicals are my shit. I tried go back to classics and although I love classics. Conical reg seem to be so great for all around stuff handles some slight crust good for tranny good for street and I feel more stable.