Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721154 times)

pops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 256
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5790 on: March 16, 2024, 11:57:00 PM »
I'm curious about one thing. Will changing direction over a barely wet surface make you eat totally shit like the dragons do?

With the dragon any trace of damp will cause you to slip out

The 97s spits have zero problems with soaking wet surfaces I did it the other night. Might've been yesterday?

For a dry warm day tho. Those 58x33 dragons fuckin slide. I prefer them to the stf and the spf for slides. I love it all tho. A slide is a slide. It just so happened that f4 of all three current formulas is the top slide.

It's fuckin perfect amount of grip and slip.   :o Id marry it if I didn't already get married to macaroni and cheese in the 3rd grade.

If you really try to then you probably will. I never experienced this with dragons and I usually skate at pretty high speeds because I love to cruise around haulin ass and we've bunch of hills for downhill action. F4 97s definitely grip better but they're also noticeably slower everywhere.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5791 on: March 17, 2024, 01:06:07 AM »
Those (presumably) samples Spanky got have a noticeably whiter finish to the wheel than the traditional yellower/browner finish on F4 wheels that we're used to seeing. Unless, I'm confusing it with the wrapping. That may turn some off, but if they work, HELL YEAH!
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5792 on: March 17, 2024, 02:44:44 AM »
Wonder why Reynolds was the chosen face for 93. I would expect somebody like... Idk, but not him for sure. Always stoked to see Boss stuff
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5793 on: March 17, 2024, 03:30:52 AM »
Total consumerism, but I am hooked already. Can't wait.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5794 on: March 17, 2024, 05:18:36 AM »
Need

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5795 on: March 17, 2024, 07:30:09 AM »
Classic and radial shapes will be available early next month.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #5796 on: March 17, 2024, 08:09:33 AM »
Wonder why Reynolds was the chosen face for 93. I would expect somebody like... Idk, but not him for sure. Always stoked to see Boss stuff

Just a theory but maybe because he is older pro and the new genre of softer wheels that still slide is kinda catered to older skaters because the softer wheels are more gentle on the joints

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5797 on: March 17, 2024, 08:32:34 AM »
Those (presumably) samples Spanky got have a noticeably whiter finish to the wheel than the traditional yellower/browner finish on F4 wheels that we're used to seeing. Unless, I'm confusing it with the wrapping. That may turn some off, but if they work, HELL YEAH!
The newer F4's of all durometers have all been noticeably whiter from what I've seen. I'm talking batches from about 6 months ago to now.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5798 on: March 17, 2024, 11:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The newer F4's of all durometers have all been noticeably whiter from what I've seen. I'm talking batches from about 6 months ago to now.

Interesting! I have 4 sets I bought well over a year ago (maybe longer?) on good holiday sales before the drastic price jumps on skate goods occurred. They're all a shade of the yellower hue.

Have you or anyone else noticed these recent batches with whiter finishes performing any differently? I would think not, but I'm curious
Super Champion Fun Zone

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5799 on: March 17, 2024, 12:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Interesting! I have 4 sets I bought well over a year ago (maybe longer?) on good holiday sales before the drastic price jumps on skate goods occurred. They're all a shade of the yellower hue.

Have you or anyone else noticed these recent batches with whiter finishes performing any differently? I would think not, but I'm curious

Yes, all F4’s are whiter.

I would guess they made that decision based on Powell/Bones making their wheels off-white/tan colored like Spitfire was doing

I honestly missed having white wheels.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5800 on: March 17, 2024, 03:38:27 PM »

Maybe he was pushing them for it? Plus he's an older dude he (like Prod and tons of other pros) have been low key using them so maybe they're after that old knee demographic ;); hell Bones even called out The Boss for riding dragons a while back on insta. Also 'Soft Sliders' isn't targeting young bucks, that's for sure.

Or, they're just hooking up The Boss on the first release to line his pockets as everyone that was shy on dragons/x99s (not matter how good they are) and didn't bother with them will on these...because branding.

Either way people are going to be setting up them, soft sliders on them easy riders… what’s next for thunders? Trucks that turn like indy called  Quietstorms?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 03:58:25 PM by Xen »

boofactory

• Rep: 24
« Reply #5801 on: March 17, 2024, 04:24:50 PM »
Talked to the secret tape who just got a pair of 93s and he confirmed that they do in fact, SLIDE! My right knee is really looking forward to trying some. If I don’t keep them on my main board, I’m sure they feel great on my film board. Been using the 97s for years on my main set up

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5802 on: March 17, 2024, 04:25:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The brand new ones all still skate exactly the same, from sets I have had, so no difference or issues there.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Banned from the room

« Reply #5803 on: March 17, 2024, 04:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm curious about one thing. Will changing direction over a barely wet surface make you eat totally shit like the dragons do?

With the dragon any trace of damp will cause you to slip out

The 97s spits have zero problems with soaking wet surfaces I did it the other night. Might've been yesterday?

For a dry warm day tho. Those 58x33 dragons fuckin slide. I prefer them to the stf and the spf for slides. I love it all tho. A slide is a slide. It just so happened that f4 of all three current formulas is the top slide.

It's fuckin perfect amount of grip and slip.   :o Id marry it if I didn't already get married to macaroni and cheese in the 3rd grade.
[close]

If you really try to then you probably will. I never experienced this with dragons and I usually skate at pretty high speeds because I love to cruise around haulin ass and we've bunch of hills for downhill action. F4 97s definitely grip better but they're also noticeably slower everywhere.

I can handle a little speed loss. And I ain't dumpster firing Powell. I just can't be trusting those wheels it's a bummer.

I should have followed my guy and went big foot. Those wheels are sexy af. I love stf. It's just has to be really big. The besttwo wheels I had in my life before f4 was by Powell. I still got my black street bones.

Unfortunately the #1 DTF ditch tech got stolen shortly after copping. They was basically radial fulls.

Nothing is ever going to beat the OG shape for me. Maybe a 58-60mm conical regs. Think those only go to 57 tops. Maybe I'm thinking about tabs

Banned from the room

« Reply #5804 on: March 17, 2024, 04:52:53 PM »

Look what he just did for NB#. Even people who was culturally against are rocking um now. Non skaters too.

I could be wrong but Reynolds still seems to be a reasonably hot commodity. Definitely plays a roll in my choice to wear until something better happens. If something better happens.

I even bought g6s in July 2018. It was my 40th birthday too. I thought he must care about his feet. Then I put them on and heard Beagle going "the age of pointy painful little shoes" I thought fuckin shelltoes was right there I picked these fuckin things.

Behold the power of the boss.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #5805 on: March 17, 2024, 04:53:24 PM »
Any guess to when these will be available?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Banned from the room

« Reply #5806 on: March 17, 2024, 05:05:16 PM »
Any guess to when these will be available?

Gotta be soon. I've never seen anyone demoing wheels show off the boxing. Probably a while till we get shapes. I'm curious to see what happens. Especially since Powell dragons sold heavily.

I believe that because crust is spreading rapidly as we get further from the smooth streets of the 90s. Pretty soon there might be only one way. Crust crustier man remember when this plaza was nice?

I feel like the third has been on us since like 2012. Boston just happens to be lucky. We always will have a buttery ledge with a ground choice. I'm about bricks always have been.

I dream of Spanish stone rollaways tho. Someday I'll see it.  Plenty of cobblestone around tho. Y'all know.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5807 on: March 17, 2024, 07:23:54 PM »
Just skated my sample 93a 56mm radials. They're nice I like em. Functionally they're very similar to dragons but feel a lil more like the f4 spitfire kinda formula which is nice. Still bouncy like a softer wheel though.

Maybe a tad harder than dragons too, not sure didn't do a side by side. Pretty certain they grip/drag on rails and ledges a lil less than dragons too which is great. But definitely still noticeably more than a 99a f4. Probably a tad more than a 97a f4 I think.

Skated rough ground and they felt really fast and held speed great. Not sure if they will feel gummy or slow on smooth ish ground, can report back, but my instincts say they will feel fine.

So great wheel, powerslides great, feels great. But unsurprisingly not a replacement for 99a f4 if you need certain hard wheel characteristics

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #5808 on: March 17, 2024, 09:53:55 PM »
Finally tried some Dragons. A Friend had some at the curb sesh. Pretty impressed with how they power slide but not how they nose slide... didn't try any other slides.. anyway, got home and see the Soft Sliders will be out soon so I don't have get Dragons... after all.... yep i am loyal to F4...

Banned from the room

« Reply #5809 on: March 17, 2024, 11:11:35 PM »
You're going to wanna butter curb or ledge under 95a for sure. It think it's nearly impossible not to stick if it natural and slick. My dragons do great on sandpapery concrete ledges and parking blocks.

Stoked to try these. I wonder how big the sizes will go

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5810 on: March 18, 2024, 01:36:47 AM »
Just skated my sample 93a 56mm radials. They're nice I like em. Functionally they're very similar to dragons but feel a lil more like the f4 spitfire kinda formula which is nice. Still bouncy like a softer wheel though.

Maybe a tad harder than dragons too, not sure didn't do a side by side. Pretty certain they grip/drag on rails and ledges a lil less than dragons too which is great. But definitely still noticeably more than a 99a f4. Probably a tad more than a 97a f4 I think.

Skated rough ground and they felt really fast and held speed great. Not sure if they will feel gummy or slow on smooth ish ground, can report back, but my instincts say they will feel fine.

So great wheel, powerslides great, feels great. But unsurprisingly not a replacement for 99a f4 if you need certain hard wheel characteristics

Sick. So you got a demo pack ? Presume you didn't get any info on release dates ?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5811 on: March 18, 2024, 02:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sick. So you got a demo pack ? Presume you didn't get any info on release dates ?

Guessing you didn't see this post back up the page a bit?

Also guessing you are still in UK, so although USA might be getting some soon enough, it might be a few months before the Soft Sliders roll out across the globe, for you there, EU and here in Australia, I would imagine that they would be out in maybe a few months at the earliest, but more likely six months as per everything else with current drops in USA and a longer wait everywhere else round the world.

* Note: I could be totally wrong with this, but it seems about right with wheels like Sapphires and some others.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5812 on: March 18, 2024, 05:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Guessing you didn't see this post back up the page a bit?

Expand Quote

[close]

Also guessing you are still in UK, so although USA might be getting some soon enough, it might be a few months before the Soft Sliders roll out across the globe, for you there, EU and here in Australia, I would imagine that they would be out in maybe a few months at the earliest, but more likely six months as per everything else with current drops in USA and a longer wait everywhere else round the world.

* Note: I could be totally wrong with this, but it seems about right with wheels like Sapphires and some others.

At that makes sense. Nice one.

I'm in Spain currently so will play the waiting game.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5813 on: March 18, 2024, 09:12:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just a theory but maybe because he is older pro and the new genre of softer wheels that still slide is kinda catered to older skaters because the softer wheels are more gentle on the joints
Confirmed by Reynolds. The release is April, as someone earlier mentioned.

“Thank you!!! My joints thank you!”
-Andrew Reynolds [on Spitfire IG post]

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1021
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5814 on: March 18, 2024, 09:35:25 AM »
Said post:

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #5815 on: March 18, 2024, 10:12:03 AM »
Not gonna lie, I film a lot and a lot in areas with hills so a sliding filmer wheel is a fucking necessity, which is why I have been riding Dragons like a year and a half ago and those are amazing. But not gonna lie that I sanded down the graphics in both sets I've had because I'm not really a Bones/Powell fan and the Dragon graphics suck.

I only skate Spitfires on my normal board so having a Spitfire that does the sliding cruiser wheel thing which Powell definitely re-defined shit over with is amazing! I'm so glad we now have the Spitfire version!!

Can he read

« Reply #5816 on: March 18, 2024, 10:20:40 AM »

pops

• Rep: 256
« Reply #5817 on: March 18, 2024, 10:20:57 AM »

Sounds pretty good and definitely interested to try and compare these side by side with powell's 93a.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #5818 on: March 18, 2024, 10:32:05 AM »
My question for Dragon/ Soft Slider type of wheels is this?

How do they grip on super slick surfaces like indoor skate parks?

I currently use the F4 97s for a bit more grip in slippery circumstances.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #5819 on: March 18, 2024, 10:38:47 AM »
My question for Dragon/ Soft Slider type of wheels is this?

How do they grip on super slick surfaces like indoor skate parks?

I currently use the F4 97s for a bit more grip in slippery circumstances.

they definitely grip better than f4 99s in those environments imo