Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717136 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #1890 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:03 AM »
soo, i took my film-slr with me when i got drunk. not that good of an idea, out of 25 pictures 4 were usable. well, not that surprising.

that picture creeps the living hell out of me. i have no fucking clue, how that came out the way it came out.

that one isnt that creepy.

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #1891 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »
i donts nos nuthin bout photografy

but i no wat i like

Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1892 on: May 08, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
From the Thrasher mini ramp jam.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #1893 on: May 11, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »
^^ nice shots Fongstarr!

Here are some random night shots I've taken from a while back, both film and digital.

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1894 on: May 12, 2011, 09:22:30 PM »
Rad pictures ^

sx70

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1895 on: May 13, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:49:03 AM by sx70 »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1896 on: May 13, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
scanned a couple of films, but most of it was shit. not the best thing to do on friday 13th

needless to say that the best picture describes exactly my mood

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1897 on: May 16, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
^^^^Amazing how clear that photo is for film. Dope as always dude....

Some Bay 2 Breakers stuff. I think the content is more interesting then my actual photo skills. Plus it's pretty hard drinking and taking nice photos at the same time. All these are pretty much candid to a certain extent.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #1898 on: May 16, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
is there a way to turn your camera down?  It's cool if you're into ultra-violet light and stuff.  No, good job.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1899 on: May 16, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
is there a way to turn your camera down??  It's cool if you're into ultra-violet light and stuff.?  No, good job.

I hear you. I probably should stop shooting on the same setting. The default for a Nikon is vivid mode but in normal cases, it's the right choice for me. But I also edit stuff on an old Apple Powerbook G4 and things don't look that crazy on that screen. Then I look at it on my iMac which is half broken and everything seems to be over saturated. I'll shoot some calmer shit next time.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1900 on: May 16, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
Ramblings:

Whilst Tumblr can be a great format for Photography, i'm sick of looking at the dashboard thing and seeing shit like this

With countless notes. I mean, it just doesn't really have any photographical merit or imagination/creative input. It's just a dull slightly under exposed film photo of the side of a building.

Anyway i've been in a slump as of late. Haven't picked up digital in weeks, besides for uninspiring portraits. As some of you may remember, i have a crack in my film camera (i have put tape over where i think the crack is, i think it is because the door or whatever isn't shutting fully across the top at one point, but i have yet to see if this works) which has ruined a lot of my photos with burnt out lines. Picked up some slide film i shot on holiday, which had a few images i remember thinking i would be stoked on, but are ruined. I haven't even bothered to work through them really. This is the only one i uploaded so far.

The colours are so burnt out all over. I don't even like looking at it. Not that i think this a great shot anyway. I shot half of another roll that is still on my camera on holiday, which had even more images i was looking forward to seeing, but now i'm dreading it.

On the up side i have finished my photography AS level course, so hopefully soon i'll discover photograph again, if that makes sense. I just need to go somewhere inspiring, fuck exams.

Sorry for the long post haha.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1901 on: May 16, 2011, 02:28:52 PM »
^^^That tree shot still looks dope as hell, but maybe cause I like that double exposure stuff. I think it would be cool seeing some portraits with the light leaks. What are you shooting with again?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1902 on: May 16, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
Whaa, double exposures? That is a single, unless you mean the light looks like a double or something. Anyway I posted some portraits with the burns, but incase you didn't see:

Anyway I'm shooting with random films, i bought a mixed selection of ten films on eBay, got that b&w from some girl for free and stole some film from a fridge at a party.  I don't like the film used on that tree shot, no contrast or anything, it's pretty bland. Thanks for the encouragement ha. I post my film photos on my bumblr at www.grubbymits.tumblr.com if you want to see other things, not much up there.

Does anyone know how/where i can permanently fix the crack? I don't really want to give it to Jessops to fix. I gave them a video camera to fix when i was 12, they sent me a letter back a year later saying it would cost ?200 to fix, when at that point you could buy it new for a tenner on ebay.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:02:33 PM by Grubby Mits »

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #1903 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
Ramblings:

Whilst Tumblr can be a great format for Photography, i'm sick of looking at the dashboard thing and seeing shit like this

With countless notes. I mean, it just doesn't really have any photographical merit or imagination/creative input. It's just a dull slightly under exposed film photo of the side of a building.

Anyway i've been in a slump as of late. Haven't picked up digital in weeks, besides for uninspiring portraits. As some of you may remember, i have a crack in my film camera (i have put tape over where i think the crack is, i think it is because the door or whatever isn't shutting fully across the top at one point, but i have yet to see if this works) which has ruined a lot of my photos with burnt out lines. Picked up some slide film i shot on holiday, which had a few images i remember thinking i would be stoked on, but are ruined. I haven't even bothered to work through them really. This is the only one i uploaded so far.

The colours are so burnt out all over. I don't even like looking at it. Not that i think this a great shot anyway. I shot half of another roll that is still on my camera on holiday, which had even more images i was looking forward to seeing, but now i'm dreading it.

On the up side i have finished my photography AS level course, so hopefully soon i'll discover photograph again, if that makes sense. I just need to go somewhere inspiring, fuck exams.

Lewis Baltz would probably question your authority regarding what qualities an image must have to achieve photographic merit.
Not that I enjoy the inundation of dull photographs via Flickr, but I do enjoy the dull photographs of the New Topographics photographers.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1904 on: May 16, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
I knew something like that was coming, i didn't really know how to word my opinions. Anything can be art to the right eye, i suppose. What i was getting at is that i feel like a lot of people on Tumblr just reblog this images because underexposed film photos of English buildings are hip or something.

I'll have a look into those photographers, sounds interesting.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1905 on: May 16, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
I don't frequent Tumblr sites but I definitely get what you're saying with those kind of photos when I do see it on Tumblr. One of my photos got blogged up there and that shit went mad viral on everyone else's Tumblr blog. What's odd is mine was the only one that looked super digital and the rest was film scans or some other grainy stuff.

But call me a fan-boy but I like it all and I like just getting a different perspective on here as apposed to some other places I post my photos. There is a place where almost 99% of the people have digital cameras and everything looks the total opposite from the stuff on here. This dude is sick if you like this kind of stuff:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1906 on: May 16, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
The used d80 I ordered showed up, have to wait until tomorrow to go pick it up unfortunately but I'm super stoked to have a digital camera again. I always end up going months on end without getting any of my film developed so it will be nice to be able to actually post some stuff with regularity.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #1907 on: May 16, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »
I'm not a photographer at all, but I thought these photos looked nice.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1908 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
why do you keep saying 'wow surprising how clear that is for film' or something like that fongstarr? isnt film still higher resolution than digital?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #1909 on: May 16, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #1910 on: May 17, 2011, 12:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Ramblings:

[close]
Lewis Baltz would probably question your authority regarding what qualities an image must have to achieve photographic merit.
Not that I enjoy the inundation of dull photographs via Flickr, but I do enjoy the dull photographs of the New Topographics photographers.

Speaking of Lewis Baltz.  I had never heard of him but made my first trip to Washington DC last weekend and he had a big exhibition of urban landscape type things in the NGA right next to the impressionists.  His stuff was amazing.  It's impossible to do it justice on a computer image because alot of it for me was how beautiful the prints were. 

kind of breaks my heart how less interesting it is to me on here
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #1911 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
^^ Lewis Baltz has some really great stuff!

Last night, there was a flash mob for finals week at my college so I decided to throw up a few photos from it!

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1912 on: May 18, 2011, 08:02:33 PM »
sorry if abp.  thought this was kind of cool..   collection of images captured from google street view car

http://9-eyes.com/
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1913 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:37 PM »
sorry if abp.  thought this was kind of cool..   collection of images captured from google street view car

http://9-eyes.com/
That's awesome. An amazing amount of awesome pictures in there.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1914 on: May 19, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »
Dregs from that shitty roll

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #1915 on: May 19, 2011, 07:40:11 PM »

I'm still mad over a lost roll of film from a couple months back, so I haven't shot much, or anything that great. But I liked that one of Conor so I'll share.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

kvanmaanen

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1916 on: May 19, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
took this with my phone and i am shocked at how good it turned out

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #1917 on: May 20, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »
my friend said that he saw this machine that you can buy to process your own 35mm film, it sounded like you just put in the roll of film and it processed it without you having to actually do anything yourself with chemicals etc. does anyone know if this thing actually exists?

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1918 on: May 20, 2011, 04:33:50 AM »
Well they have a large version in Jessops, so i don't see why not

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #1919 on: May 20, 2011, 05:33:16 AM »
why do you keep saying 'wow surprising how clear that is for film' or something like that fongstarr? isnt film still higher resolution than digital?

Yea, film is pretty much infinite pixels.