Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720791 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5790 on: September 23, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »
Parts for a setup on the way. But I have to wait a couple days.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5791 on: September 23, 2019, 08:09:43 AM »
What parts..... trucks, wheels, hardware?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5792 on: September 23, 2019, 08:14:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Got some 51mm Formula 4 tablets 99a. And a Tactics 8.5 deck. I’m actually pretty stoked on the graphic. Hoping I can get a little more slide than the conicals I’ve been riding forever now.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5793 on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Got some 51mm Formula 4 tablets 99a. And a Tactics 8.5 deck. I’m actually pretty stoked on the graphic. Hoping I can get a little more slide than the conicals I’ve been riding forever now.
I've had the conical full Jamie Foy's forever, I also got a hold of the first lockins asymmetric wheels pretty siked on them. I find Spitfire makes exceptional wheels I don't like slim wheels or the radials ie the donut looking wheels. I like a nice wide squarish wheel.

I tried Bones and all their different shapes and stuff they felt too much like cheap Wal-Mart wheels, I ended up either trading them away or giving them to a homie.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5794 on: September 23, 2019, 08:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
I've had the conical full Jamie Foy's forever, I also got a hold of the first lockins asymmetric wheels pretty siked on them. I find Spitfire makes exceptional wheels I don't like slim wheels or the radials ie the donut looking wheels. I like a nice wide squarish wheel.

I tried Bones and all their different shapes and stuff they felt too much like cheap Wal-Mart wheels, I ended up either trading them away or giving them to a homie.
I used to skate slimmer harder wheels back in the day. But now I want something that’s not so grippy and not so slippery. I feel like a slimmer F4 could be a good in between. I got so many free pairs of bones back in the day. They used to have contests on MySpace like name this person who did this trick and win free bones.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5795 on: September 23, 2019, 08:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I used to skate slimmer harder wheels back in the day. But now I want something that’s not so grippy and not so slippery. I feel like a slimmer F4 could be a good in between. I got so many free pairs of bones back in the day. They used to have contests on MySpace like name this person who did this trick and win free bones.
I think me and you were in competition as I use to do those same name something contests as well via facebook/myspace, I won a few sets of the multi colored wheels 100's.

The thing I have noticed with a wider riding surface is weight distribution, on smooth concrete like butter now softer wheels on rough pea gravel same feeling. I've been known to be picky where I will ride my board albeit if I have no shields no ditches or places where dirt or water can get in.

I've got a few boards for whatever spots, I like being picky and where I ride so I don't fuck my shit up.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5796 on: September 23, 2019, 09:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
I think me and you were in competition as I use to do those same name something contests as well via facebook/myspace, I won a few sets of the multi colored wheels 100's.

The thing I have noticed with a wider riding surface is weight distribution, on smooth concrete like butter now softer wheels on rough pea gravel same feeling. I've been known to be picky where I will ride my board albeit if I have no shields no ditches or places where dirt or water can get in.

I've got a few boards for whatever spots, I like being picky and where I ride so I don't fuck my shit up.
Thats actually what I’m planning on doing. I still have indys and these 54mm conicals that are still good. I was planning on putting in some time learning transition now that the weather has changed here so I’m gonna put those on a different setup.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5797 on: September 23, 2019, 12:43:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Thats actually what I’m planning on doing. I still have indys and these 54mm conicals that are still good. I was planning on putting in some time learning transition now that the weather has changed here so I’m gonna put those on a different setup.
Something I learned the other day with transition is not so much pop is just confidence and shifting weight around before your board gets on to the lip.  Or at least that's my opinion on miniramp....

LUGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #5798 on: September 23, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
I go to take a piss in the woods right and I ground scored a waterlogged Sony CD player
That ain’t water, bud.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #5799 on: September 23, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
Met a super rad chick this weekend, hungout last night and then again today for a while.  Super cute, super smart, into cool shit. 
She disclosed that she has HSV-1 (oral herpes) and I am really not sure what to do.  I am one of those people who are way overly sensitive about contracted an STD and being overly careful.  I don't really want to pass her by because shes awesome and it's just a skin infection, but I also don't want to risk getting herpes.

Do some research and realise it's an incredibly stupid reason not to pursue a relationship with someone.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5800 on: September 24, 2019, 03:33:39 AM »
Found a pretty steep crusty little ditch/bank thing. I want to halfcab down into it but it runs right into a street and I cant see very far from the trees. Also at 8:30am yesterday it was super busy with people going to work so maybe Ill go mid day or with a friend can spot me.

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5801 on: September 24, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Met a super rad chick this weekend, hungout last night and then again today for a while.  Super cute, super smart, into cool shit. 
She disclosed that she has HSV-1 (oral herpes) and I am really not sure what to do.  I am one of those people who are way overly sensitive about contracted an STD and being overly careful.  I don't really want to pass her by because shes awesome and it's just a skin infection, but I also don't want to risk getting herpes.
[close]

Do some research and realise it's an incredibly stupid reason not to pursue a relationship with someone.

Yep, we've hungout a bunch since then.  It is a really stupid reason not to like someone.  Its a bummer that people are treated differently because of it, I wasn't shook I just wanted to be careful and she laid it out.  I feel stupid now.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #5802 on: September 24, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »

YOLO.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5803 on: September 27, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »
I'm no longer afraid to die
Cause that is all that I have left
Yes! Yes!
And I'm no longer afraid to dance tonight
Cause that is all that I have left
Yes! Yes!

Or something along the lines.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5804 on: September 29, 2019, 04:31:25 PM »
My setup was found! But i hit 5 stop rocks going to and from my college prefab park today so I probably need new spits. gonna ice my wrist
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5805 on: October 03, 2019, 05:29:32 AM »
Had an awesome dream where I was just hanging out with my dog that passed away a few years back. Woke up crying missing her

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5806 on: October 05, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
I called out of work.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #5807 on: October 06, 2019, 07:31:15 AM »
Got my first short story accepted for publication back in August and the magazine just came out at the beginning of the month. After a couple of days of anxiety I finally took a look at the online pdf. First thing I see is the publisher had misspelled my name. I’m grateful to have been put in the magazine, but it’s still a little disappointing. What can you do, though? Maybe it’s just a sign I need a pseudonym.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5808 on: October 06, 2019, 07:33:37 AM »
Got my first short story accepted for publication back in August and the magazine just came out at the beginning of the month. After a couple of days of anxiety I finally took a look at the online pdf. First thing I see is the publisher had misspelled my name. I’m grateful to have been put in the magazine, but it’s still a little disappointing. What can you do, though? Maybe it’s just a sign I need a pseudonym.
Let’s have a look , I love short stories . Post a link .

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5809 on: October 06, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
it was a long weekend but its almost over and i did nothing of value

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #5810 on: October 07, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Let’s have a look , I love short stories . Post a link .

Agreed. Post that!

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5811 on: October 07, 2019, 11:17:18 AM »
Today is my first day back to work in 10 days. Vacation was tight but too fucking expensive, so it's nice to be back to the grind just a harsh transition
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #5812 on: October 07, 2019, 09:18:52 PM »
Stoked that my cousin won a lawsuit. She was working at a summer camp in California when she published a political opinion piece online which got her fired from the camp(and she spoke with multiple lawyers before publishing the piece). She sued, alleging the camp violated California labor laws 1101 and 1102, which specifically prohibits employers from discriminating against employees for voicing their political opinions outside of work. She got a large settlement.

What I'm not stoked on is that her views are horrible, racist and disgusting. My family has pretty much disowned her ever since she became public with her views.

Which brings me to another point: Why is there no push to LEGALLY ban far-right/racist views from being articulated in public? It seems like the antifa only tries to attack/harass nazis, but they totally ignore the law. They don't even try to change laws that cleary protect Nazis from voicing their opinions. I'm usually for free speech, but I think the law should really clamp down on these types of obscene views being propagated in public.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:35:20 PM by TheFifthColumn »

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #5813 on: October 07, 2019, 11:38:02 PM »
Stoked that my cousin won a lawsuit. She was working at a summer camp in California when she published a political opinion piece online which got her fired from the camp(and she spoke with multiple lawyers before publishing the piece). She sued, alleging the camp violated California labor laws 1101 and 1102, which specifically prohibits employers from discriminating against employees for voicing their political opinions outside of work. She got a large settlement.

What I'm not stoked on is that her views are horrible, racist and disgusting. My family has pretty much disowned her ever since she became public with her views.

Which brings me to another point: Why is there no push to LEGALLY ban far-right/racist views from being articulated in public? It seems like the antifa only tries to attack/harass nazis, but they totally ignore the law. They don't even try to change laws that cleary protect Nazis from voicing their opinions. I'm usually for free speech, but I think the law should really clamp down on these types of obscene views being propagated in public.

After the legal fees etc was the battle worth the win and taking it to court? Im always curious if the juice if worth the squeeze in those situations because i  bet alot of people just take it on the chin cause its not worth the time and money to seek justice

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

TheFifthColumn

• Rep: -113
« Reply #5814 on: October 08, 2019, 09:45:37 AM »
^She's a fighter with a real chip on her shoulder. Plus she got external litigation funding from a handful of investors. I think she used Lexshares, but I'm not sure.

Her lawyers said if she was employed by a Jewish daycare, and called for genocide against jews outside of work, that daycare wouldn't legally be able to fire her, because that's political retaliation. Un-fucking-believable.

I'm blown away that California has these laws:

CA Labor Code 1101
No employer shall make, adopt, or enforce any rule, regulation, or policy:
(a) Forbidding or preventing employees from engaging or participating in politics or from becoming candidates for public office.
(b) Controlling or directing, or tending to control or direct the political activities or affiliations of employees.

CA Labor Code 1102
No employer shall coerce or influence or attempt to coerce or influence his employees through or by means of threat of discharge or loss of employment to adopt or follow or refrain from adopting or following any particular course or line of political action or political activity.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #5815 on: October 08, 2019, 10:48:09 AM »
Was supposed to meet my buddy to go skate today, he lives out of the city and it's supposedly the last warm day of the year.

I called him a few hours ago but didn't hear from him. So I went skating and got a clip I'm psyched on and ran some errands. As I was about to leave and come home to start work, he called and asked if I was still down. But I needed to get to work and said I couldn't.

I just feel bad because I wanted to see him but it took too long for him to get back to me and I've got stuff to do. He's also supposed to move soon.

I know this is a little thing, but still.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #5816 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »
peace 4 a.miller+jb
mArLeY

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #5817 on: October 08, 2019, 02:09:56 PM »

you should move to china. If people wanna be dumbasses that’s their right

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5818 on: October 08, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »

contemporary hate speech laws in places like france, the uk, germany and singapore are often employed to prosecute people who critique israel, the military, the police, christianity and so on - https://theintercept.com/2017/08/29/in-europe-hate-speech-laws-are-often-used-to-suppress-and-punish-left-wing-viewpoints/ - they're problematic in the hands of right-wing governments
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #5819 on: October 08, 2019, 03:11:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

contemporary hate speech laws in places like france, the uk, germany and singapore are often employed to prosecute people who critique israel, the military, the police, christianity and so on - https://theintercept.com/2017/08/29/in-europe-hate-speech-laws-are-often-used-to-suppress-and-punish-left-wing-viewpoints/ - they're problematic in the hands of right-wing governments
they're problematic period. if you think it's going to benefit you now, guaranteed it will be used against you [or people/a cause you care about] down the road. america has freedom of speech, it's more important than feelings.