Author Topic: indy stock bushing problem?  (Read 835 times)

nopopguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • the life snake
indy stock bushing problem?
« on: September 08, 2021, 03:04:45 PM »
I recently bought a pair of Indys Forged Hollow 139 and the bushings are weird. They get kinda stuck in whatever position you landed in or turned into and you have to bend them back. not too bad tho but kinda annoys me. ive already had like 3 flatground sessions with it. is that normal?
the life snake

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
Re: indy stock bushing problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 03:15:49 PM »
Yes, it takes a bit to break in those barrel bushings. Changing them out to conical bushings will help.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 04:08:18 PM »
Give it about a week and they'll be good.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 05:30:02 PM »
I recently bought a pair of Indys Forged Hollow 139 and the bushings are weird. They get kinda stuck in whatever position you landed in or turned into and you have to bend them back. not too bad tho but kinda annoys me. ive already had like 3 flatground sessions with it. is that normal?

The most common issue is tightening things up too much too quickly, which means the bushings will not have time to wear in and will not really bounce back.

Stock bushings are 90 duro and are very soft feeling right away, but do firm up / harden up somewhat as they wear in, but as said they can take a bit of time to do that.  If you are not so comfortable riding softer bushings or looser trucks, some after market bushings might work better.

Depending on what you had on your previous board, even older stock bushings from any other brand truck might work to put those straight on your new one, if you are wanting to get out there right away and not spend a few sessions just carving around, even on flat, to wear them in.

The current stock bushings on Indy trucks are actually really good (especially compared to what they used to be), with minimal issues from the people who have skated them and worn them in nicely, but as said, if you are more used to tighter trucks or need harder bushings, or just don't like the feel of them, by all means get other bushings and try them or explore other options if you have other trucks or bushings sitting around.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

nopopguy

• Rep: 2
  • the life snake
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 06:37:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The most common issue is tightening things up too much too quickly, which means the bushings will not have time to wear in and will not really bounce back.
Well I may have tighten a little bit too much for the first session... But after that I loosened back (not to standard tho) I'd say medium tightness.
Do you think I ruined the bushings or they will eventually get better?
First time riding Indy's... I tried my friends board and the turn/stability was actually really good so I decided to buy a set and try them out. I'm from Brazil and Indy's are really expensive here.
the life snake

Fhk

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 06:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Well I may have tighten a little bit too much for the first session... But after that I loosened back (not to standard tho) I'd say medium tightness.
First time riding Indy's... I tried my friends board and the turn/stability was actually really good so I decided to buy a set and try them out. I'm from Brazil and Indy's are really expensive here.
I think you will be fine bud. Indy stock bushings are resilient these days. Being heavier I have to get a full thread showing these days. And they break in fine.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

No they are definitely not ruined.

See how they go and have a session on them just leaning heel to toe to heel to toe, etc and get some good carve turns for a while which should help them wear in a lot more too.

I have seen and had trucks that people have tightened right down and I thought the bushings would be completely done, but they bounced back quite well, even from this, though I first thought they were cooked, I re used them again:

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 05:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

See how they go and have a session on them just leaning heel to toe to heel to toe, etc and get some good carve turns for a while which should help them wear in a lot more too.

I have seen and had trucks that people have tightened right down and I thought the bushings would be completely done, but they bounced back quite well, even from this, though I first thought they were cooked, I re used them again:

kingpin boners
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Fhk

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 06:21:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
kingpin boners

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 06:48:50 PM »

Ha ha yeah totally!!!!!