Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 177409 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »
anyone hating on a skater owned skateshop is a kook

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2021, 02:09:37 PM »
I'm relatively new to the LA area.  When I went into Kingswell (before I lived here), I was welcomed immediately by DJ, and have had great experiences every time.  The one time I went in to Lottie's to check it out and buy some stuff to support the shop, Mike Lottie came out from the back, checked me out, decided I wasn't cool enough, and went back into the back to continue modifying a Baker logo deck with a sharpie.  I'm not a "fuck Lottie's" guy, but I definitely got cool guy-ed out of there. Never went back.
You failed an ocular patdown.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2021, 02:18:51 PM »

I love generalizations like that.
like in no story ever on planet earth history any skate shop owner could have done something or said something that pissed of anyone so much that they said fuck that skate shop.

you sir are stupid as shit.
and I swear thats how nazis got created. with some zero braincell people generalizing and being to overly brotherly loyal.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -770
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2021, 02:22:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

like in no story ever on planet earth history any skate shop owner could have done something or said something that pissed of anyone so much that they said fuck that skate shop.

and I swear thats how nazis got created. with some zero braincell people generalizing anything.

Wahey!

He's back

Wind him up and watch him go.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2021, 02:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and I swear thats how nazis got created. with some zero braincell people generalizing and being to overly brotherly loyal.

Did you fall asleep in the Weimar Republic unit in the history class for your own fucking country?

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • please don't kill me jesse.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2021, 02:28:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Pretty sure the focusing boards thing is an obvious joke between dude and his homies bruh seems like the joke went over your head bruh
[close]

ok i guess you're right.  i'd probably be laughing my ass off if i was at a skatepark minding my own business when some c list skater/actor/rapper came over to me out of the blue, focused my board that I had broken in and gotten used to, and handed me some trash square ass FA log with no grip and no tools to change it out. 

hilarious.  you're right i need to lighten up

also, great role model for kids!  it totally wouldn't lead to kids that look up to me thinking shit like that was ok and then start jacking kids boards as a "hilarious joke"
[close]
you think he’s focusing random kids that he doesn’t know boards? Bruh you’re out of touch. It’s an obvious joke between him and his homies. You’re reaching.
[close]

Long time lurker, first time poster, stoner park regular. Nak was 100% focusing completely random strangers boards. Not only his homies. He was focusing dudes he 100% does not know. This is factual.

I can back that up too. I talked to people at Stoner the day he came through and focused random people's boards. That is a fact for sure. I know one person (a Stoner regular) had just set up a new board that day and Nak took it and focused it against his wishes.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2021, 02:30:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did you fall asleep in the Weimar Republic unit in the history class for your own fucking country?

that made me laugh I wish I could +1

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Pretty sure the focusing boards thing is an obvious joke between dude and his homies bruh seems like the joke went over your head bruh
[close]

ok i guess you're right.  i'd probably be laughing my ass off if i was at a skatepark minding my own business when some c list skater/actor/rapper came over to me out of the blue, focused my board that I had broken in and gotten used to, and handed me some trash square ass FA log with no grip and no tools to change it out. 

also, great role model for kids!  it totally wouldn't lead to kids that look up to me thinking shit like that was ok and then start jacking kids boards as a "hilarious joke"
[close]
you think he’s focusing random kids that he doesn’t know boards? Bruh you’re out of touch. It’s an obvious joke between him and his homies. You’re reaching.
[close]

Long time lurker, first time poster, stoner park regular. Nak was 100% focusing completely random strangers boards. Not only his homies. He was focusing dudes he 100% does not know. This is factual.
[close]

I can back that up too. I talked to people at Stoner the day he came through and focused random people's boards. That is a fact for sure. I know one person (a Stoner regular) had just set up a new board that day and Nak took it and focused it against his wishes.

Did he give them replacement decks ?

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
Damn 12 pages in a few days, definitely made my monday a bit more fun. too many things to comment on but some of you are a dumpster fire which is just great reading.

A few things here fellas:
- the guy who called the kids at the park "a few bad apples" probably as "acab" in his twitter bio
- those clips of ishod at babylon were cool, looks like a good time but also babylon seems very different from lotties in terms of products, costumers etc. so I doubt its the jealousy fest that someone said they overhead or whatever
- I feel like we're sort of watching this dude's career implode in slow motion, feels like he left supreme rather than the other way around based on how they'll give product to what seems like anyone, he's obviously outspoken so how long until he shits on someone at adidas, or dill or ave, or whoever and then it's fade into obscurity as just another guy from mikey alfred's mid 90's
Suns out, im going skating. chow

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »
Why does it matter if he did? It’s a dick move regardless.  Skaters are the biggest piles and social media is just a sounding board for all that nonsense. 

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2021, 02:43:06 PM »
Why does it matter if he did? It’s a dick move regardless.  Skaters are the biggest piles and social media is just a sounding board for all that nonsense.

Doesn't really.

I'm just trying to ascertain if is a level 10 or level 11 dickhead.

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2021, 02:45:59 PM »
Ok I’ll allow it. Haha

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2021, 03:16:31 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2021, 04:09:02 PM »
Can’t believe no one’s mentioned the funniest part, when Nak rips off the dudes sweater to reveal the “I <3 Jewish Girls” shirt underneath and asks, “what the fuck type of shirt is that”

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2021, 04:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

oh my god this makes this so much funnier!!! nakel doing this at random is so on brand for his hardcore LA skater persona its almost too good!

I'm relatively new to the LA area.  When I went into Kingswell (before I lived here), I was welcomed immediately by DJ, and have had great experiences every time.  The one time I went in to Lottie's to check it out and buy some stuff to support the shop, Mike Lottie came out from the back, checked me out, decided I wasn't cool enough, and went back into the back to continue modifying a Baker logo deck with a sharpie.  I'm not a "fuck Lottie's" guy, but I definitely got cool guy-ed out of there. Never went back.

dude if you got cool guyed at lotties i dont know what to tell you. maybe you should try not being a socially awkward kook next time you go and maybe you could get some bro points with the locals. it was my first time ever there and i even got to pet mike's dog lmao

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2021, 05:15:26 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1269
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo
I can attest to that with my friend going to no comply. He was convinced he got cool guyed because the staff said little else above let me know if you need help. My friend expected to be chit chatted even tho he himself is quiet as shit. Another friend also said he doesn't go there cause he gets cool guyed. I ask him how and he just shrugged and vaguely said "they think theyre the shit"

90 percent of the time its in your head.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2021, 05:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
oh my god this makes this so much funnier!!! nakel doing this at random is so on brand for his hardcore LA skater persona its almost too good!

Expand Quote
[close]

dude if you got cool guyed at lotties i dont know what to tell you. maybe you should try not being a socially awkward kook next time you go and maybe you could get some bro points with the locals. it was my first time ever there and i even got to pet mike's dog lmao

Dang you pet his dog first T? That's so steez!

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2021, 05:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I can attest to that with my friend going to no comply. He was convinced he got cool guyed because the staff said little else above let me know if you need help. My friend expected to be chit chatted even tho he himself is quiet as shit. Another friend also said he doesn't go there cause he gets cool guyed. I ask him how and he just shrugged and vaguely said "they think theyre the shit"

90 percent of the time its in your head.

Closer to 95%. And if it does really happen, it's usually because one dude is a dick. Go there on a different day and everything's cool!

Edit: it's easy to feel "excluded" in shops you're not always hangin out in, too. Not the staff's fault if they don't know ya. I think this leads to a lot of people feeling "cool guy'ed."

I got cool guy'ed at my local while I was wearing this. I wonder what the heck I did wrong?!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 05:43:37 PM by Urtripping »

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2021, 05:35:08 PM »
if you get cool guyed its probably because you arent a cool guy

*snaps*

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #320 on: May 24, 2021, 06:26:42 PM »
Just go to Kingswell. DJ is super cool to everyone. And they’ve supported the locals.

The LA skateboard scene in general can be pretty shitty, especially when you get up in the “celebrity” skaters realm.
Los Angeles, professional skateboarding and Hollywood all have a problem with self inflating egotism and entitlement by themselves, and when you combine them it’s a perfect shit hurricane of terrible behavior.

Or, go buy a 10 year old warped Chocolate deck from LA Dave and call it a day.

bootscootboogy

• Rep: 3
« Reply #321 on: May 24, 2021, 06:28:48 PM »
I can’t imagine somebody going around a park snapping peoples boards, and not getting fucked up.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #322 on: May 24, 2021, 06:34:39 PM »
I can’t imagine somebody going around a park snapping peoples boards, and not getting fucked up.

Especially brand new boards would take a bunch of attempts and they person would have to sit there an watch

We’ve had Team Handsome come and go.  I propose Team Handful - a collection of the most obnoxious, twerpy, egotistical, assholey skaters.   Nak and T-Funk can open up the roster, maybe a Tom Remillard too

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #323 on: May 24, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Oh hell yeah bro that’s fuckin super sick James Dean

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2021, 06:46:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Especially brand new boards would take a bunch of attempts and they person would have to sit there an watch

We’ve had Team Handsome come and go.  I propose Team Handful - a collection of the most obnoxious, twerpy, egotistical, assholey skaters.   Nak and T-Funk can open up the roster, maybe a Tom Remillard too

What's good with Tom? I remember a friend of mine telling me about a great time meeting him out skating and having a great conversation with him.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #325 on: May 24, 2021, 06:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What's good with Tom? I remember a friend of mine telling me about a great time meeting him out skating and having a great conversation with him.
i heard when either dvs or matix was touring canada, no idea which, torey pudwill was a giant manchild when he was told not to smoke in multiple hotel rooms. full on temper tantrums. also suggesting manchild to team handful

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #326 on: May 24, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »
Nak is Wak

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2021, 07:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Some tour article in Thrasher a while back was basically talking about what a rude, petulant unpleasant guy he was on tour and tried to soften it at the end by saying “he lives in his own world”.  That’s why I put maybe.   It’s not a rampant rep like the other two, just one article that really stood out to me because the writer so badly wanted to call him out but couldn’t explicitly

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2021, 08:21:10 PM »
Just go to Kingswell. DJ is super cool to everyone. And they’ve supported the locals.

The LA skateboard scene in general can be pretty shitty, especially when you get up in the “celebrity” skaters realm.
Los Angeles, professional skateboarding and Hollywood all have a problem with self inflating egotism and entitlement by themselves, and when you combine them it’s a perfect shit hurricane of terrible behavior.

Or, go buy a 10 year old warped Chocolate deck from LA Dave and call it a day.
This dude knows what's up, I honestly just want to shout out Kingswell.
I had TOO good of an experience last time, dude working (Not DJ or Melcher, sorry dude I don't know your name) even reminded me to feed my meter because I was trying on a pair of shoes and taking a minute.
DJ has been rad every time and always stops to talk some shop and Melcher is from near where I grew up.
It's hard to find a skater's skate shop in Los Angeles, surprisingly.

geezer

• Rep: 36
« Reply #329 on: May 24, 2021, 08:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Dude, I'm 48, been around skateshops my whole life, not awkward.  He came out, looked me up and down, walked back into the back without a word.  He decided I wasn't cool enough to talk to, even though I was a paying customer in his tiny-ass store.  If anything was awkward, it was his behavior.

I'm down with Kingswell since the first time I went in.