Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 177789 times)

Miller92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -282
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #270 on: May 24, 2021, 09:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
also maybe this need a different thread but can anyone show up and skate that Babylon bowl or is it bros only kind of place?
[close]
it’s open to whoever the fuck that’s why I was saying the idea of those 2 shops beefing doesn’t even make any sense. They don’t sell the same shit and babylon let’s anyone skate. Last time I was there it was some straight children skating with adults skating too. It was some dude in a lotties beanie in there too.

Expand Quote
everyone is good at skating now.  if your attitude sucks and you burn bridges you're DONE.

there's 16 Nak's waiting to swoop in and be grateful for the opportunity
[close]
maybe I’m stupid but being good is half of it. Nowadays you gotta be someone kids can relate too. No one gives a fuck about the superstar park skater. If you don’t got style you’re a bozo.

my point stands.  there are 16 kids with good style, good clothes, relatable and ready to travel the world. Nak's fucking UP

nickpaolucci

« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
hey, can somebody give me a quick run down on what a "hold" is for credit cards?

sure thang. a hold on your credit card is when Paul Rodriguez Jr. and Spanish Mike steal $150 from you in order to repay their massive debt to the woodshops making their toonami boards

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2021, 09:59:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey, can somebody give me a quick run down on what a "hold" is for credit cards?
[close]

sure thang. a hold on your credit card is when Paul Rodriguez Jr. and Spanish Mike steal $150 from you in order to repay their massive debt to the woodshops making their toonami boards
[close]

primitive doesn't get the money on a hold though. and why would they owe a massive debt to wood shops who all require prepayment. that whole story didn't hold up. the most likely reason for that hold is the IT guy just clicked the wrong box when he set up the raffle

whoosh

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »
fuck you and your alternative trick book

Trick books. Classic.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2021, 10:03:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i said something stupid lets make a meme out of it because I was right with bashing on you slap pal Richard Barkley for being a fucking idiot. what a joke of an admin. do you even skate broooo do you even have etnies on brooo do you even read Henry jones cartoons and jerk off to it???
[close]

Serious question, what is it you enjoy about this message board?
[close]

plenty of things. some guys on here are pretty cool and I respect them. some of them have been against me in the past but I dont care. I really just want to have a conversation. Ive been skating for 20 years now almost and its fun to talk to people that know more about it than me because usually that doesn't happen.
my brand loyalty might seem weird to a core skater but thats just my opinion. I will forever give people the respect for very good skateboarding skills.
it seems these days you hate on young kids and the older generation wasn't even better at all.
nakel could have a part in yeah right without a doubt and nobody would have pointed out how bad he skates.
[close]

Nobody is against you.
 You are consistently one of the most smug, rude, angry posters on here, and will instantly turn harmless conversations into race debates and twist the words of the people around you just to feel some false superiority.
 If you can't recognize that we clown on you because you're a prick to everyone, then maybe you ARE INDEED STUPID.
[close]

I was wondering if you realize that admin richard barkley  spread lies about a person beating up women on the internet. Not sure if that explains why i think he is a fucking idiot. Ive probably made some mistakes in my way of interacting with people but not this time. He deserves to be called that way.

You are exhausting...

1. I'm not an admin

2. I didn't say that you are deliberately misconstruing what I said.

3. Calm the fuck down. This whole thread is turning into the fs180 show. It's about Nak anymore it's about you battling anyone and everyone with baited posts.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2021, 10:05:40 AM »

Pretty sure the focusing boards thing is an obvious joke between dude and his homies bruh seems like the joke went over your head bruh

ok i guess you're right.  i'd probably be laughing my ass off if i was at a skatepark minding my own business when some c list skater/actor/rapper came over to me out of the blue, focused my board that I had broken in and gotten used to, and handed me some trash square ass FA log with no grip and no tools to change it out. 

hilarious.  you're right i need to lighten up

also, great role model for kids!  it totally wouldn't lead to kids that look up to me thinking shit like that was ok and then start jacking kids boards as a "hilarious joke"
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2021, 10:09:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
also maybe this need a different thread but can anyone show up and skate that Babylon bowl or is it bros only kind of place?
[close]
it’s open to whoever the fuck that’s why I was saying the idea of those 2 shops beefing doesn’t even make any sense. They don’t sell the same shit and babylon let’s anyone skate. Last time I was there it was some straight children skating with adults skating too. It was some dude in a lotties beanie in there too.

Expand Quote
everyone is good at skating now.  if your attitude sucks and you burn bridges you're DONE.

[close]
maybe I’m stupid but being good is half of it. Nowadays you gotta be someone kids can relate too. No one gives a fuck about the superstar park skater. If you don’t got style you’re a bozo.
[close]

my point stands.  there are 16 kids with good style, good clothes, relatable and ready to travel the world. Nak's fucking UP
[close]

He’s pretending that there aren’t people who skate at a professional level with awesome style who never get picked up by companies. Being gifted with ability/ style and being marketable is a small percentage of it, a lot of it has to do with being at the right place at the right time & knowing the right people; you think Sean Pablo would have made it if he was some Midwest kid without connections? To act like there isn’t an abundance of skateboarders out there who can take Nak’s place in an instance is fool hardy, he isn’t as special as these dweebs are making him out to be. But sure fs 180, keep pretending he’s a taste maker who’s bigger than the game if it validates your argument.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Red Eyed Swimmer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #277 on: May 24, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »
Nak is a very good skateboarder in the general sense that he is far and away better than the average skater but when compared to his peers(other pros) he is in the bottom half.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

He’s pretending that there aren’t people who skate at a professional level with awesome style who never get picked up by companies. Being gifted with ability/ style and being marketable is a small percentage of it, a lot of it has to do with being at the right place at the right time & knowing the right people. To act like there isn’t an abundance of skateboarders out there who can take Nak’s place in an instance is fool hardy, he isn’t as special as these dweebs are making him out to be. But sure fs 180, keep pretending he’s a taste maker who’s bigger than the game if it validates your argument.

everyone in existence is exchangeable if we are zooming out. Kobe is dead and basketball is still kind of the same isn't it?

nak is pretty damn good. I like new supreme guys more like troy who's bag of tricks to me seems crazy and exciting.
everyone is good these day implies that it wasn't like that when yeah right came out. does that mean they only sponsored the best guys they could possibly find? or did they sponsor people because of loyalty and being marketable?
to me nakel seems to be having both. good tricks loyalty from his friends and sponsors and the kids love him because he has his head outside of skateboarding as much hes a complete skate nerd.
if he in fact did something so crazy I wouldn't defend him but he didn't.

since most of y'all were WELCOME BACK CORY KENNEDY SO GLAD TO SEE HIM SKATE AGAIN and when kader drinks a beer HES ABOUT TO GO ANTWUAN HIS CAREER IS ALMOST OVER WATCH THAT KID IS SPOILED OMG i can't take the shit you say and the fucked up morals you have serious

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »
Nak fanclub is just making this worse lmao y’all are throating the little goblin a little too hard

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2021, 10:28:24 AM »
I think Lotties posted something earlier about some kids getting jumped for their boards and telling kids not to go to a certain park in the area. Looks like it’s deleted now.  Maybe Nak took offense? 

Dude is such a dumbass.  He’ll kook himself out of a job before too long.

I really hope this doesn’t have any direct correlation with Nak, but I heard Lotties is actually gonna be closing as a result of the above-mentioned issue of people getting jumped, etc. for wearing their product at local parks. For those of you Pals that are about it, I’d suggest showing some love to the shop while you still can and buying a tee or deck or something either online or in shop. I know I’m going to try to buy something this week to support the shop.

just checked in the shop’s tagged section and saw this as well:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPMYruXl5ij/?utm_medium=copy_link

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2021, 10:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
I think Lotties posted something earlier about some kids getting jumped for their boards and telling kids not to go to a certain park in the area. Looks like it’s deleted now.  Maybe Nak took offense? 

Dude is such a dumbass.  He’ll kook himself out of a job before too long.
[close]

I really hope this doesn’t have any direct correlation with Nak, but I heard Lotties is actually gonna be closing as a result of the above-mentioned issue of people getting jumped, etc. for wearing their product at local parks. For those of you Pals that are about it, I’d suggest showing some love to the shop while you still can and buying a tee or deck or something either online or in shop. I know I’m going to try to buy something this week to support the shop.

just checked in the shop’s tagged section and saw this as well:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPMYruXl5ij/?utm_medium=copy_link

*until Wednesday

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2021, 10:44:48 AM »
I tried going to Lotties on Saturday and saw the "Permanently Closed" paper in the windows :-(

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2021, 10:45:34 AM »
It's not really that many pro's though
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2021, 10:50:05 AM »
yall really be typing huh

nakel is cool and all of this is mostly just drama because LA is definitely spicier when there is inside shit to gossip about. nakel has the right to voice his opinion and enjoy his dumb jokes with his friends and mike is not going anywhere anytime soon and will probably have a stronger grip on the skateboarding community than babylon ever will.

that being said, go visit lotties if you're in the area. i went there last august and it was honestly one of the best experiences of life. i got to meet mike himself and shoot the shit a little bit about the shop and got to meet the other dudes who run everything. i bought a new deck, grip, wheels, and a hat and encouraged my brother who doesn't skate to buy some shit as well. even got to skate the little curb out front!

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #285 on: May 24, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
If Lotties really closed cause of a post Nak made on Instagram that’s a new level of scared

Highly doubt it’s directly because of Nak, but what Nak is doing doesn’t help the situation either

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #286 on: May 24, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »
This shit is making me so happy that i have camp pendleton to separate me from all this Los Angeles bullshit. Bummer that lotties is closing?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2021, 11:10:12 AM »
I ate tri tip yesterday

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
I think Nakel skates well. If he wants to diss Lottie's he can do that too. Not sure what this whole forum is truly about if I'm being honest.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2021, 11:18:16 AM »
Nak thinks he's 2011 PRod when everyone else sees these videos and understands he's just 2011 Charlie Sheen.

Kid shit.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2021, 11:47:04 AM »
So nobody’s gonna DM Nak like a man?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »
would love to see lotties open up shipping to canada again.

could not care less about what’s going on with nak etc. this thread is a great example of the shitshow slap is nowadays.

Prinzy

« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »
I think there is a reality to this situation some of you aren’t recognizing.

It’s highly unlikely Lotties is closing on a whim solely over Nak’s call out, obviously there are other reasons this could possibly be happening.

But, when someone with a lot of influence is making unfounded claims about a business and essentially implying you boycott it, that’s when shit is no longer petty drama and begins having real world consequences.

It’s for sure Nak’s right to voice his opinion on a shop he doesn’t like, but when you downright tell all your fans “fuck lotties” you’re now playing with peoples money and livelihood without any concrete reason, and in my opinion, that’s some despicable shit.

If what some of you are saying is true in regards to Lotties being racist or ultimately a negative influence on the community, then sure, have a discussion, bring those to light and try to give people a legitimate reason to boycott something that is harmful to the community.

Instead, some of you are just acting like cops and trying to strongarm a shop to lose business over an Instagram story and some anecdotal accounts on a message board.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #293 on: May 24, 2021, 12:07:34 PM »
I think Nakel skates well. If he wants to diss Lottie's he can do that too. Not sure what this whole forum is truly about if I'm being honest.
its just a way so that @fs180 can boost his post count, but the only way he can do it is by being aggro and drawn out

its so entertaining tho

Prinzy

« Reply #294 on: May 24, 2021, 12:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I think there is a reality to this situation some of you aren’t recognizing.

It’s highly unlikely Lotties is closing on a whim solely over Nak’s call out, obviously there are other reasons this could possibly be happening.

But, when someone with a lot of influence is making unfounded claims about a business and essentially implying you boycott it, that’s when shit is no longer petty drama and begins having real world consequences.

It’s for sure Nak’s right to voice his opinion on a shop he doesn’t like, but when you downright tell all your fans “fuck lotties” you’re now playing with peoples money and livelihood without any concrete reason, and in my opinion, that’s some despicable shit.

If what some of you are saying is true in regards to Lotties being racist or ultimately a negative influence on the community, then sure, have a discussion, bring those to light and try to give people a legitimate reason to boycott something that is harmful to the community.

Instead, some of you are just acting like cops and trying to strongarm a shop to lose business over an Instagram story and some anecdotal accounts on a message board.
[close]
no ones saying to boycott anything. If you like Lotties cool like Lotties. If you like Nak cool like Nak. Seems like some of you need others to tell you what to do and can’t form you’re own damn opinions. Not everyone has to get along. That’s not the way life works bruh.

There’s gotta be something else going on for Lotties to be closing they probably lost their lease or something.

100% I agree nobody explicitly is saying boycott the shop, hence why I used the word implying.

I’m just addressing the sentiment that when someone says “Fuck Lotties” you’re giving off the notion that the shop doesn’t deserve your business and support. If they’re doing some heinous shit then by all means, get the message out there and back it up.

But if it’s all just “he said she said” type claims, it’s pretty gross behavior imo to use your influence in Nak’s case as a skater/musician/public facing figure to give your fans an unfounded reason to stop supporting a shop.

In the end, I do agree that I doubt Lotties closing has a whole lot to do with Nak. Also agree that a lot of people on the boards need to be told to feel a type of way about things.

I just personally think it’s super irresponsible and in poor taste to utilize influence as a way to damage someone’s livlihood without good reason, even if it wasn’t intentional. An impressionable kid is gonna hear “Fuck _____” from their favorite skater and follow suit in the notion as a result.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #295 on: May 24, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
Quote from: Prinzy

I just personally think it’s super irresponsible and in poor taste to utilize influence as a way to damage someone’s livlihood without good reason, even if it wasn’t intentional. An impressionable kid is gonna hear “Fuck _____” from their favorite skater and follow suit in the notion as a result.

It was done intentionally because that's how influencers are using social media these days. It's cowardly and disrespectful to go after businesses in skateboarding with vague posts. If that's Nakel's way of living, fine. Gonna have to do better than his current clothing line if he's gonna do things on his own this way.

synikal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #296 on: May 24, 2021, 12:54:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Pretty sure the focusing boards thing is an obvious joke between dude and his homies bruh seems like the joke went over your head bruh
[close]

ok i guess you're right.  i'd probably be laughing my ass off if i was at a skatepark minding my own business when some c list skater/actor/rapper came over to me out of the blue, focused my board that I had broken in and gotten used to, and handed me some trash square ass FA log with no grip and no tools to change it out. 

also, great role model for kids!  it totally wouldn't lead to kids that look up to me thinking shit like that was ok and then start jacking kids boards as a "hilarious joke"
[close]
you think he’s focusing random kids that he doesn’t know boards? Bruh you’re out of touch. It’s an obvious joke between him and his homies. You’re reaching.

Long time lurker, first time poster, stoner park regular. Nak was 100% focusing completely random strangers boards. Not only his homies. He was focusing dudes he 100% does not know. This is factual.

geezer

• Rep: 36
« Reply #297 on: May 24, 2021, 01:07:31 PM »
I'm relatively new to the LA area.  When I went into Kingswell (before I lived here), I was welcomed immediately by DJ, and have had great experiences every time.  The one time I went in to Lottie's to check it out and buy some stuff to support the shop, Mike Lottie came out from the back, checked me out, decided I wasn't cool enough, and went back into the back to continue modifying a Baker logo deck with a sharpie.  I'm not a "fuck Lottie's" guy, but I definitely got cool guy-ed out of there. Never went back.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:34:57 PM by geezer »

thebacker

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2021, 01:37:19 PM »
Who?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you want good role models don't show your kids skateboarders, I don't know what else to tell you. So sick of this tired argument.

You guys only pull this one out when it's a black kid behaving in a way you don't like but get real defensive when sexual assault allegations come out

I don't like Nakel either but get over yourself lol