Author Topic: RFK Jr.  (Read 7821 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: RFK Jr.
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2023, 10:12:31 AM »
Expand Quote
@IusedToSkateMore thanks for the studies you posted on glyphosate, I'm glad we could find some common ground. Totally agree about heirloom vegetables too, my favourites are heirloom pumpkins because they are so weird and fun to grow. I also think you had some great takes in the Wagner group thread but I don't want to get involved in that topic so I'll just say that here instead of there.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OK, so the science is currently debating glyphosate's toxicity. That doesn't mean, then, that RFK and people like Seneff are suddenly legitimate researchers or experts that we should listen to, particularly in the wide range of topics they portray themselves to be.
[close]

I always refer to my politician of choice to confirm my health care decisions. What kind of simple idiot doesn’t?
[close]

You say this but you probably unironically believe everything Fauci says HAH
[close]

Anthony Fauci is a top academic in his field of study, he’s not a politician dipshit.

You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Is he? I thought he worked in government. Do you not think he has an agenda? I’m not indicating that he does not want the best for humanity, but he is the most protected public official I have ever seen. When he was questioned about lab leaks in Wuhan during the high of Covid he said no way. Now he claims he has an open mind. Just because you believe in Covid shots and mask wearing (which I do) does not mean you should accept what anyone part of any government agency claims it the whole truth. I believe all authority should be questioned.

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2023, 10:24:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@IusedToSkateMore thanks for the studies you posted on glyphosate, I'm glad we could find some common ground. Totally agree about heirloom vegetables too, my favourites are heirloom pumpkins because they are so weird and fun to grow. I also think you had some great takes in the Wagner group thread but I don't want to get involved in that topic so I'll just say that here instead of there.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OK, so the science is currently debating glyphosate's toxicity. That doesn't mean, then, that RFK and people like Seneff are suddenly legitimate researchers or experts that we should listen to, particularly in the wide range of topics they portray themselves to be.
[close]

I always refer to my politician of choice to confirm my health care decisions. What kind of simple idiot doesn’t?
[close]

[close]

Anthony Fauci is a top academic in his field of study, he’s not a politician dipshit.

[close]

Is he?

I mean, yes, he objectively is, not that it really matters anymore. Any turd behind a computer can question the validity of anyone's expertise, call anything they want fake, and decide the only real, 100% factual source of information is REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS OF AMERICA (NO SNOWFLAKES ALLOWED!) facebook page.

"Anthony Stephen Fauci (/ˈfaʊtʃi/ FOW-chee;[3] born December 24, 1940) is an American physician-scientist and immunologist who served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) from 1984 to 2022, and the chief medical advisor to the president from 2021 to 2022.[4]

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served the American public health sector for more than fifty years and has acted as an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.[5] During his time as director of the NIAID, he made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a research scientist and as the head of the NIAID.[6]

From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most frequently cited scientists across all scientific journals.[6][7] In 2008, President George W. Bush awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, for his work on the AIDS relief program PEPFAR.[8]

During the COVID-19 pandemic, he served under President Donald Trump as one of the lead members of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. Fauci's advice was frequently contradicted by Trump, and Trump's supporters alleged that Fauci was trying to politically undermine Trump's run for reelection. After Joe Biden took office, Fauci began serving as one of the lead members of the White House COVID-19 Response Team and as Biden's chief medical advisor.[9][10] Fauci stepped down on December 31, 2022."

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2023, 10:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is he? I thought he worked in government. Do you not think he has an agenda? I’m not indicating that he does not want the best for humanity, but he is the most protected public official I have ever seen. When he was questioned about lab leaks in Wuhan during the high of Covid he said no way. Now he claims he has an open mind. Just because you believe in Covid shots and mask wearing (which I do) does not mean you should accept what anyone part of any government agency claims it the whole truth. I believe all authority should be questioned.

I’m generally untrusting of politicians and authority figures, but if we can’t trust the top experts in their scientific fields of study, then who do we have left to trust? It seems ignorant to fully question a top academic who devoted their entire life to studying their specified subject.

Stating this, I think many people (far too many) assume Dr. Fauci should automatically have had all the answers regarding Covid-19, when the reality is that the world has not seen a global pandemic the likes of Covid previously during his lifetime. He’s not going to have all the answers, especially prior to the proper investigative bodies having concluded their research into its origins.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »

Stating this, I think many people (far too many) assume Dr. Fauci should automatically have had all the answers regarding Covid-19, when the reality is that the world has not seen a global pandemic the likes of Covid previously during his lifetime. He’s not going to have all the answers, especially prior to the proper investigative bodies having concluded their research into its origins.

A lot of folks think it's a bad thing when a politician or public figure (or anyone, I guess) changes their views on a subject when presented with new information. They call it "waffling" or "flip flopping" and view it as weak.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2023, 11:09:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A lot of folks think it's a bad thing when a politician or public figure (or anyone, I guess) changes their views on a subject when presented with new information. They call it "waffling" or "flip flopping" and view it as weak.

If people or groups of people have trouble viewing the scope of the unknown aspects of the pandemic, and wrongly assume that anyone anywhere has all the facts from the onset of the pandemic (pre investigation, which China was uncooperative with), then I’m afraid those are people that essentially are logical lost causes.

I don’t know what people expected from Dr. Fauci that he wasn’t giving, or what they expect he had done differently. Especially given that he was being pressured by the president whom of which made a political matter of the pandemic, and safety precautions.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2023, 12:07:45 PM »
Dr. Fauci was deceptive about masks from the beginning. He claimed after he was protecting the N95 stock for health care workers but he did mislead the public. It’s well documented.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/07/noble-lies-covid-fauci-cdc-masks.html

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2023, 12:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote
yeah, no prob, dude. also, just saying about organic veggies and stuff, which i believe you mentioned, stuff such as glyophosphate isn't applied to the plants. Glyophosphate and similar chemicals however, while not quite forever chemicals, remain in soils, root systems, and watersheds for a long, long time. So, while it's not happening on the industrial level, smaller scale, regenerative organic agriculture is quite excellent for the environment/ecosystem/habitat/watershed within which it occurs.

On a slightly different note, I don't know if you like eating vegetables or fruits, but man, tomatoes are a great way to taste the difference between organic and conventional foods- snag an organic heirloom tomato variety, fresh and locally grown at a farmers market if possible, and then grab a conventional slicer or vine tomato. You could probably even get one of each from the same grocery store. In my experience, the og heirloom will blow you away.

I'm done. I can geek out about organic veggie farming and soil for days. peace  ;)
[close]

Nah, I've done that and notice no major differences personally. Taste varies across and within organic and non-organic products too widely to consistently see a difference in my opinions. Breeds and species make a larger difference, for sure but organic vs. non-organic heirloom tomatoes means little to nothing. But that comes down to taste, so it's whatever.

My larger point is that organic food is not healthier or more nutritious than non-organic (which is a common claim) and that organic farming is less efficient than non-organic farming and so has major environmental impacts across a variety of spaces because it requires more land to be transformed and reworked into farmable land in order produce the same yield as non-organic farming. This food is also then more expensive, pricing it out of many people's budgets, furthering social and economic divisions and punishing vulnerable populations that will only get worse if adopted widescale.

But all that is to say that the agriculture space is fucked all around and drastic changes need to take place. I just don't think that shifting to "organic argiculture" will fix it. I don't know what to do, but I know that just attempting to scale up back-to-land, quasi-mystical organic or biodynamic practices won't solve the problem. This is particularly true as large agriculture businesses and monopolies will just greenwash themselves but not fundamentally change how food is produced to make it better for the environment and cheaper and more accessible to people.

we're definitely on a different page, but do you care to share possibly peer reviewed, academic and scientific sources that aren't funded by AG and aren't written by economists? You're making claims and in the last paragraph seem to be only familiar with hogwash ideas in the patronizing statement regarding "back to the land, quasi-mystical organic or biodynamic practices." I'm just curious where your information comes from and thus informs your opinions. Mine comes from working 10+ years in various levels of organic agriculture in the pacific northwest, from small gardens to larger, still local farms, with folks both educated from through experience and advanced degrees in soils and biology.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2023, 01:09:56 PM »
Here's a fun one about the lab leak theory, which looks more and more like fact every day.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2023, 05:28:28 PM »
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24491722/
One for the “organic is not more nutritious” crew (and also the glyphosate lovers)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 06:13:11 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2023, 08:55:26 AM »
Whatever you think of the vaccine and "health" arguments aside, RFK is interesting because I think he probably understands that the party won't let him seriously challenge Biden, but he can set himself up to be a major player in the wide open 2028 primary. Like Trump, he is independently wealthy and has powerful name recognition, and he is willing to discuss third rails in American domestic politics like the constant poisoning of our food and water which goes almost completely unaddressed by regulators and politicians. And like Trump, I don't think he would ever be able to do anything about it, because at this point, capitalism is a machine on rails, but there might be a sizeable constituency for this brand of politics.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2023, 09:15:15 AM »
All you need to know about RFK is who’s funding his campaign, and who’s championing him. The fact that Steve Bannon is one of those people is alarming.

He’s more of the same disrupter candidate we’ve seen of the past (Jill Stein), and the fact that so many of you lack crucial skill of discernment, and consume this bullshit is embarrassing.

I used to constantly clash with the Gipper, but I kind of wish he were still here to tell everyone how painfully dumb they are.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2023, 09:30:52 AM »
yeah you fucking idiots lack the ability to discern that voting for joe biden and endorsing all of his policies is the only sound political reasoning out there, you gotta wise up like my man area 51 up here

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2023, 09:41:13 AM »
yeah you fucking idiots lack the ability to discern that voting for joe biden and endorsing all of his policies is the only sound political reasoning out there, you gotta wise up like my man area 51 up here

Do you have any information which will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2023, 09:50:33 AM »

Who’s your guy? Biden sure as hell wasn’t mine, but he’s the safest least harmful option of a handful of shitty options.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2023, 10:12:38 AM »
for sure. and everything he's done is the best choice out of a handful of shitty choices. anything else is unpragmatic and there's no point in thinking about it or asking why we don't try to implement it. like i said, we both have sound political reasoning and common sense

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2023, 10:30:08 AM »

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2023, 02:54:02 PM »
There’s never been a President who skates, right?  If a candidate were a skater would that sway you guys at all?

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2023, 03:13:00 PM »
There’s never been a President who skates, right?  If a candidate were a skater would that sway you guys at all?

We've had a couple guys try in the past but more sidewalk surfer steez-
https://theberrics.com/andrew-yang-two-skateboarders-in-2020-presidential-race

Gotta come down to the policies and track records but you have my ear initially if you can tre.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 601
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2023, 04:25:02 PM »

Nah, we’d just wind up talking shit about their fits.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2023, 05:01:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah, we’d just wind up talking shit about their fits.

I’m gonna come back and gnar this in a couple months (or kook if you prefer)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2023, 07:11:35 AM »
Anyone catch the Newsnation town hall he gave?  What’d you guys think?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sle_epy

• Rep: -96
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2023, 07:24:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Changing your mind based on evidence shows a reigned in ego and a breadth of emotional maturity. I wish more politicians would do it. Maybe we wouldn't have this endless back and forth based on feelings and religion.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2023, 07:55:49 AM »

I just listened to the first 15 minutes. By the way, before you opened this thread I never heard of this guy. I do not follow politics. That’s to say I am not interested in world events, but I am not interested in politics.

However, I like contrarians—I was raised by one. I like what he is saying about Ukraine. I feel like with every war we involve ourselves the American people are lied to. I don’t feel Ukraine can win the war and the toll it has taken on their country’s people seems unnecessary.

I may or may not listen to more of this town hall, but I do think what he is saying about Ukraine should not be dismissed. And it is hard to find any information in major publications that questions our involvement in the war. To do so would be looked at as anti-Ukrainian as if the country of Ukraine is the sum on the happiness and safety of the Ukraine people. And with that I yield my time to OP…

sle_epy

« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2023, 07:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just listened to the first 15 minutes. By the way, before you opened this thread I never heard of this guy. I do not follow politics. That’s to say I am not interested in world events, but I am not interested in politics.

However, I like contrarians—I was raised by one. I like what he is saying about Ukraine. I feel like with every war we involve ourselves the American people are lied to. I don’t feel Ukraine can win the war and the toll it has taken on their country’s people seems unnecessary.

I may or may not listen to more of this town hall, but I do think what he is saying about Ukraine should not be dismissed. And it is hard to find any information in major publications that questions our involvement in the war. To do as would be looked at as anti-Ukrainian as if the country of Ukraine is the sum on the happiness and safety of the Ukraine people. And with that I yield my time to OP…

Politics drive world events. Love you I don't pay attention to politics people. Please don't vote. Lemme guess, straight, possibly white, male? Must be nice.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2023, 09:21:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I may or may not listen to more of this town hall, but I do think what he is saying about Ukraine should not be dismissed. And it is hard to find any information in major publications that questions our involvement in the war. To do as would be looked at as anti-Ukrainian as if the country of Ukraine is the sum on the happiness and safety of the Ukraine people. And with that I yield my time to OP…
[close]

Politics drive world events. Love you I don't pay attention to politics people. Please don't vote. Lemme guess, straight, possibly white, male? Must be nice.

Please tell me what your definition of politics is? Is news politics? Is information? No need to personally attack my background. Pretty immature.

sle_epy

« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2023, 09:36:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Please tell me what your definition of politics is? Is news politics? Is information? No need to personally attack my background. Pretty immature.

Only people with your background don't have to pay attention to politics. Says a lot that you're being swayed by a total kook. Maybe you should pay a little more attention. You're probably into Rogan and all his easily disproven conspiracy theory bullshit too lol.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »
 :-\
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Only people with your background don't have to pay attention to politics. Says a lot that you're being swayed by a total kook. Maybe you should pay a little more attention. You're probably into Rogan and all his easily disproven conspiracy theory bullshit too lol.

Why do you care so much about background? Why is RFK a total kook? I was only talking about the war in Ukraine. It is a tragedy of epic proportions. Are you at least curious if what he saying about the US using them in a proxy war is true.

I will say I think Covid conspiracies are terribly uninteresting and I accept all vaccines that are required or recommended by the government for my children.

If you want to keep minimizing my opinions by assuming I feel a certain way about things I cannot stop you but I dont think it is a proper way to debate. Try sticking to the topic at hand w/o reducing me to a Roganite.

sle_epy

« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2023, 10:12:48 AM »
:-\
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Why do you care so much about background? Why is RFK a total kook? I was only talking about the war in Ukraine. It is a tragedy of epic proportions. Are you at least curious if what he saying about the US using them in a proxy war is true.

I will say I think Covid conspiracies are terribly uninteresting and I accept all vaccines that are required or recommended by the government for my children.

If you want to keep minimizing my opinions by assuming I feel a certain way about things I cannot stop you but I dont think it is a proper way to debate. Try sticking to the topic at hand w/o reducing me to a Roganite.

Background is always important, but you're right I did reduce you to a one dimensional person and ppl are more complex than that. I don't like rfk jrs theory that things in the water are making young boys transgender. I think that is some wacky shit. I need someone a little more reasonable in office. And that's just one thing he's said about the LGBTQ community that is troubling. Wonder what he thinks in private.

Anyway, my apologies. I still think anyone who takes him seriously might be a little kooky themselves.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2023, 10:32:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's actually a small subset of mostly well-to-do Americans who care about politics, and what you're describing about "paying attention to politics" is basically having an opinion on the news.

Whether they state this explicitly or not, most people correctly understand that there are no meaningful participatory politics in the US and your time is better spent doing and caring about something else.

sle_epy

« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's actually a small subset of mostly well-to-do Americans who care about politics, and what you're describing about "paying attention to politics" is basically having an opinion on the news.

Whether they state this explicitly or not, most people correctly understand that there are no meaningful participatory politics in the US and your time is better spent doing and caring about something else.

It's def a little less black and white than that and some people have to pay attention and speak up amongst peers and otherwise. I understand what you are saying about the government, but society needs discourse and a general social consensus on things regardless of the government or politics. Politicians play with people's lives.