Author Topic: Longest Running Indoor Skateparks  (Read 2470 times)

notinternetfamous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
Re: Longest Running Indoor Skateparks
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2022, 12:54:32 PM »
Southside skatepark here in Houston! Opened its doors in 1994! Can’t wait to hit dirty 30 soon!
H-town till i drown

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2022, 01:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Charm City Skatepark in Baltimore was opened in 1994, so 28 years now. I’m guessing not quite as old as SPoT but close
[close]

Charm City was a shop with a mini ramp before the park opened. The park didn't open until about 2002. Still a decent grip of time, and still mind boggling he's able to keep that spot afloat.

i knew that sounded wrong when I Googled it. I remember they had both locations for a while. The shop on Eastern Ave with the miniramp and whatnot in the basement (I'm guessing that location was opened in '94?) was where I bought my first real skateboard (Planet Earth Ed Selego deck), probably right around the time they were opening up the park in its current location over off O'Donnell St. Some good times at both those spots as a young buck. Would take the bus all the way down there from Hampden with the homies on a Saturday morning and skate all day. Haven't lived in Baltimore in over 10 years but I'm always impressed to see they're still going when they pop up on my IG feed.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2022, 11:36:36 AM »
Southside skatepark here in Houston! Opened its doors in 1994! Can’t wait to hit dirty 30 soon!
My first local, miss it so much. I miss the little spine from back in the day. Learned how to drop in there. Ok sorry, feelin nostalgic.