Author Topic: "Sorry if this might be tough to turn into a ten-page forum debate, guys."  (Read 4640 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1183
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Barley!

Appreciate the fondness for Guy's varying shoe choices

Also appreciate the nod to Reese Forbes.
hardly art, hardly starving

waltercronkite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
soty  :P

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
everything he says he likes about Dill's part in photo is everything I hated about it. Dressing like a clown, faux-artsy bullshit, and the point in his career where he decided he had to be a living gimmick.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
I love you, Gip.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

arcam

• Rep: -65
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
everything he says he likes about Dill's part in photo is everything I hated about it. Dressing like a clown, faux-artsy bullshit, and the point in his career where he decided he had to be a living gimmick.

i 100% agree...he was good pre-photo,he fucking blows now.no idea why people back him

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Expand Quote
[close]

i 100% agree...he was good pre-photo,he fucking blows now.no idea why people back him

because hes a fun personality to watch.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
That's a list the ladies can get in front of.

A.A

• Rep: -52
I always loved the Penny dream sequence in Artos part.

Twin Perks

Aiden Clarke

• Rep: -8
you know the vast majority of people that mention guy mariano in mouse are just followers that are jumping on yet another trend. guy marianos mouse part is the supreme box logo of skateboard video parts

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
so loose knit

A.A

• Rep: -52
you know the vast majority of people that mention guy mariano in mouse are just followers that are jumping on yet another trend. guy marianos mouse part is the supreme box logo of skateboard video parts

What a real shitty post.
Twin Perks

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Nothing too shocking about that selection, wonder if this will even make it to 3 pages.

Lenny the Fatface

Could have sworn you once said that you were down for Jason Dill until Mosaic, but whatever.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
Good picks. Guy's part is amazing, if you where around at the time it was mindblowing how good he was, it was cool to see him grow up from the little kid in the Powell and Blind videos.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
Expand Quote
[close]

Could have sworn you once said that you were down for Jason Dill until Mosaic, but whatever.

oh yeah, that shit was even worse. The whole "make a generic LA ledge line exciting by getting off of your board, turning around, and skating the other direction" was the most lame and contrived thing ever, not to mention the fact that getting off your board and turning around is the opposite of flowing.
Mindfield won me back a little bit. It was much better than those two hipster "artist" parts
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

J.R.

• Rep: -38

If only the switch pop shove nose grind made its way in there somehow...

Morty Seinfeld

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
oh yeah, that shit was even worse. The whole "make a generic LA ledge line exciting by getting off of your board, turning around, and skating the other direction" was the most lame and contrived thing ever, not to mention the fact that getting off your board and turning around is the opposite of flowing.
Mindfield won me back a little bit. It was much better than those two hipster "artist" parts

How do you feel about his part in the DVS video?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
Expand Quote
[close]

Because judging a man (especially one you don't know) based on their fashion decisions is really, really, really, really, really, really, reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyyy lame.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
Dr. Pepper is gross, I wouldn't lick it off that guy
do more yoga!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
Complaining on Jason Dills parts in Mosaic , Skate more and Photo ?  are you crazy ?   I dont even like the guy that much but Im not stupid enough to say that those parts were bad

I dont think he ever had a bad part did he ?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Complaining on Jason Dills parts in Mosaic , Skate more and Photo ?  are you crazy ?   I dont even like the guy that much but Im not stupid enough to say that those parts were bad

I dont think he ever had a bad part did he ?
No, not ever.

Simon

• Rep: -2

He doesn't actually say that is what he liked about Dill's part. Dill's part isn't even on the list. He does mention that he thinks the reasons other people liked Dill's part are the ones you mention. He also seems to agree with you a little bit:

"I liked it more than Dill?s part when it came out. Dill?s is sick, but it?s definitely a bit more artsy and dramatic."

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever

These aren't the opinions that land you a spot on Threat, Aiden.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
I know photosynthesis on a first name basis