Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215166 times)

Ollie Ringwald

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #960 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
If you think theyre trying to keep this only available to a select circle of shops you are mentally regular..

Why? As has been pointed out its quite likely they'll follow Supreme's incredibly successful business model.

Of making their products available to a small circle of shops..

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #961 on: October 02, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
If you think theyre trying to keep this only available to a select circle of shops you are mentally regular..

supposedly, dill called a shop here in texas recently and asked if they wanted to carry fucking awesome. the shop was hyped and said they did. so, dill says "'okay, i've got one question though... you guys don't carry that hundreds shit do you?!" they said "no" so he said he'd send them stuff. i forget exactly what he said to them after that, something about why he thought the hundreds was lame and, that he wouldn't send boards to anyone that sold the hundreds. the story made me laugh when i heard it but, i was hyped on it. i'm backing dill/fucking awesome.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
« Reply #962 on: October 02, 2013, 02:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
supposedly, dill called a shop here in texas recently and asked if they wanted to carry fucking awesome. the shop was hyped and said they did. so, dill says "'okay, i've got one question though... you guys don't carry that hundreds shit do you?!" they said "no" so he said he'd send them stuff. i forget exactly what he said to them after that, something about why he thought the hundreds was lame and, that he wouldn't send boards to anyone that sold the hundreds. the story made me laugh when i heard it but, i was hyped on it. i'm backing dill/fucking awesome.

if this story is true (which I doubt), they are in for a rude awakening.  never tell someone how to run their business if you expect them to carry your brand.  i dont care who you are, or what your brand is. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #963 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
I guess he sees The Hundreds as his rival streetwear brand.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #964 on: October 02, 2013, 03:19:08 PM »
I guess he sees The Hundreds as his rival streetwear brand.

Bobby and Ben are basically bitches i dont blame him for not wanting his products sold where that stuff is sold

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #965 on: October 02, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

if this story is true (which I doubt), they are in for a rude awakening.  never tell someone how to run their business if you expect them to carry your brand.  i dont care who you are, or what your brand is. 

For real. As much as FA has it's minions, The Hundreds has there's too and I am sure they are way more loyal and I am not even talking about just their customers. Other existing brands back The Hundreds as well. Anyways.....good luck Dill.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dillanharp

« Reply #966 on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why? As has been pointed out its quite likely they'll follow Supreme's incredibly successful business model.

Of making their products available to a small circle of shops..

You mean their own stores?

b.v.

« Reply #967 on: October 02, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They exist but no shops have them yet.
Heard the first batch only goes to 20 shops, then each run they add more dealers.

[close]

if thats really how its gonna go down then jason dill is a lot smarter than he looks.
[close]

i'll agree that is seems smart, but the fact of the matter is that a plan like that has no longevity/sustainability.  yeah, in the beginning it will be very desirable, because it's "new, limited and only at 20 shops".  But as time goes on, they will be opening shops to the point where the product is readily available, which in turn takes away from the appeal of it being limited.  What they should do is something where have a certain number of shops as dealers PERIOD, and have a website where you can buy one if you're not near any of those shops.  You keep your production/overhead at minimum and keep the appeal of it being a limited product.  I'd do a rotating list of about 50-100 shops that get the product, and stand behind those dealers.  That way when people see one in a shop, they're way more apt to buy it, being that they know they wont see it at Timmy's Skateshop in Mom's Garage, or some shit.  The reason they were able to sell shirts for so much is because of the limited availability.  It's how Supreme gets away with it.  But Supreme knows that if they started whoring their brand out to skateshops, it'd lose whatever it had as far as desirability.  I feel like Diamond is setting themselves up for that too (although I doubt Nick Diamond gives a shit, judging from the chartered plane trips and Lamborghini's)

I think the idea is produce limited product to limited retailers, slowly expand and by the time things are running well you have the demand to produce product.
I don't think they're doing this to live of off, just because they love it and want to do it how they deem right.
Theyll do ok, but not be successful right away.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #968 on: October 02, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

For real. As much as FA has it's minions, The Hundreds has there's too and I am sure they are way more loyal and I am not even talking about just their customers. Other existing brands back The Hundreds as well. Anyways.....good luck Dill.

Agreed all around. I can't figure out what Supreme does that The Hundreds doesn't...and vice versa. Whether Dill likes it or not, FA/Supreme and The Hundreds are the exact same thing, just with different labels.

I'm not trying to be funny, I am genuinely asking...what exactly does Supreme do that makes them the pinnacle of cool? What exactly do they produce?

Laban Fetus

« Reply #969 on: October 02, 2013, 04:56:49 PM »
^ They're not exactly the pinnacle of anything cool anymore. I see scooter kids at the park with fresh box logo bought by their mommies all the time. The mystique and exclusivity ended with Odd Future's moment in popular culture 2 years ago. You'll still see guys who respected and knew what Supreme was from the start wearing their gear but that's about it.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #970 on: October 02, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »
^ They're not exactly the pinnacle of anything cool anymore. I see scooter kids at the park with fresh box logo bought by their mommies all the time. The mystique and exclusivity ended with Odd Future's moment in popular culture 2 years ago. You'll still see guys who respected and knew what Supreme was from the start wearing their gear but that's about it.

Same. I see a lot of kids not only at the park but at various spots around the city with Supreme stickers on their board and maybe wearing a Supreme 5 Panel, but unable to tell me exactly what Supreme is or why they're repping the logo.

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #971 on: October 02, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
unfortunately thanks to the whole weed sock thing, Huf has slowly begun to be adopted by the same hundreds, diamond, supreme crowd.

I regularly see tons of bros with huf tees who look like they don't know that Huf is a person too.

i'm glad hufnagel is making money and they put out dope footage so I don't really have too many complaints about them as a company besides the people that wear it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:06:56 PM by Andrew »
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #972 on: October 02, 2013, 06:43:37 PM »
Boards exist: http://statigr.am/p/557214858133787117_10972195

No shit. Sage, Pablo, Pappalardo and all their friends have been posting pics of the Dill/Ave models for about a month now.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

-dougD-

• Rep: 0
« Reply #973 on: October 02, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
I ran into Ave a few weeks back here in L.A. and I asked him about Fucking Awesome. It seems like there's talks for a future distributor but for now it's just Jason and him on some "selling out of your trunk" shit. So the earlier post about Dill not selling to someone carrying the Hundreds seems very plausible. Anyhow, there you have it. Straight from Ave, the "Awesome" part of Fucking Awesome. Wasn't too hyped on the brand when it first came out but I now think it's an admirable attempt at shifting away from the path that some of our earlier innovators are now taking us on. The Avant-Guard has become the institution. And that's not Fucking Awesome!

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #974 on: October 02, 2013, 08:49:42 PM »

ian green

• Rep: 0
« Reply #975 on: October 02, 2013, 10:49:39 PM »
I was told that Supreme and Pawnshop Skate Co. in Covina would be the only places carrying the boards.

crobar

• Rep: 26
« Reply #976 on: October 02, 2013, 10:51:30 PM »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #977 on: October 03, 2013, 12:58:18 AM »

looks like shit is about to pop off

"Me and Dill have been riding the same boards going on 17 years.. Grateful for my brother. he has helped me more than he will ever know..Thank you.. Thank you to skateboarding and all who have supported us and continue to... Early FA board release at Los Angeles Supreme, Thursday October 3.. We will be shipping mid October.. Shop List coming soon... #FAworldentertainment"

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #978 on: October 03, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »
Nice. I hope they hit europe, I want to support this

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #979 on: October 23, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »
Shop list from AVE's instagram

Cals Pharmacy- Portland,Or
510 Skate Shop- Berkeley, CA.
Embassy- Columbus, OH
Uprise Skate Shop- Chicago, IL
Stratosphere Skate Shop- Atlanta, GA
Silo- Grand Island, NE
Homegrown- Ithaca, NY
Just Skateboarding- Toledo, OH
Blacklist- Lawrenceburg, IN
Cowtown-Tempe, AZ
Seasons-Albany, NY
Orchard- Allston, MA
No-Comply-Austin, TX
FTC- San Francisco, CA
Exit- Philadelphia, PA
Soltice- New Bedford, MA
Atlas- San Mateo, CA
Subsect- DES Moines, IA
Home- Louisville, KY
PLUS- Farmington Michigan
Anonymous Skateboards-Cincinnati, OH
Supreme- LA,NY,LDN

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #980 on: October 23, 2013, 04:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Me and Dill have been riding the same boards going on 17 years.. Grateful for my brother. he has helped me more than he will ever know..Thank you.. Thank you to skateboarding and all who have supported us and continue to... Early FA board release at Los Angeles Supreme, Thursday October 3.. We will be shipping mid October.. Shop List coming soon... #FAworldentertainment"

Dill looks strangely healthy in that picture!

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #981 on: October 23, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

with the exception of smoking 7000 cigarettes a day, he quit everything and pretty much just skates and drinks Perrier, and hangs out with black high school kids

hekkahyphy

« Reply #982 on: October 23, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

with the exception of smoking 7000 cigarettes a day, he quit everything and pretty much just skates and drinks Perrier, and hangs out with black high school kids

guess it had to be known they were black

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #983 on: October 24, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

take your white guilt somewhere else why dont ya

hekkahyphy

« Reply #984 on: October 24, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

im quite african american. i just feel like thats so awkward to say. i dont  go home and say "it was great skating with my white friends today". or what if Keelan Dadd was on instagram with baby scumbag im sure no one would say he chills with white middle school kids all day...

but now that i think of it ignore this post NIGGA

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #985 on: October 24, 2013, 06:10:46 PM »
i call everyone by their race first followed by their name no matter what ex "happy birthday white grandma" (she ded)

Greg Road

« Reply #986 on: October 24, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
should've went with '5Head Skateboards'

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #987 on: October 24, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #988 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

im quite african american. i just feel like thats so awkward to say. i dont  go home and say "it was great skating with my white friends today". or what if Keelan Dadd was on instagram with baby scumbag im sure no one would say he chills with white middle school kids all day...

but now that i think of it ignore this post NIGGA

I ONLY SEE AND JUDGE BY SKIN COLOR
from now on you're to be known as black hekkahyphy

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #989 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:11 AM »
i call everyone by their race first followed by their name no matter what ex "happy birthday white grandma" (she ded)

Hahaha!