Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 796934 times)

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1410 on: November 24, 2018, 12:10:13 PM »
I think at this point in time anything coming from F4 is merely a temporary experiment for a bit of variety, a little spice in your life.

The return to F4 is imminent.

I respectfully disagree. There are so many good wheels available right now. I haven't skated Spitfires since 2005 probably and I have no intention of skating them anytime soon. I wasn't sure what I was going to skate after Autobahn went on hiatus but there are so many great choices that aren't Spitfire.

I have a set of Spitfire Daan F4 radial slim brand new never skated if anyone wants to buy them. For shape comparison, similar to Ricta NRG or Bones V2. Tablet shape.

anon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1411 on: November 24, 2018, 12:33:34 PM »
I haven't skated Spitfires since 2005 probably...
F4s came out in 2013 according to this
http://www.rippedlaces.com/2013/08/spitfire-formula-four-review/
...and I have no intention of skating them anytime soon.
...there are so many great choices that aren't Spitfire.
ignorance is bliss

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1412 on: November 24, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
ignorance is bliss

"I ain't heard of no "Formula Four", I don't go in for that marketing gobbledy gook! I'm just an old fashioned skater who knows what I like!"

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #1413 on: November 24, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I think at this point in time anything coming from F4 is merely a temporary experiment for a bit of variety, a little spice in your life.

The return to F4 is imminent.
[close]

I respectfully disagree. There are so many good wheels available right now. I haven't skated Spitfires since 2005 probably and I have no intention of skating them anytime soon. I wasn't sure what I was going to skate after Autobahn went on hiatus but there are so many great choices that aren't Spitfire.

I have a set of Spitfire Daan F4 radial slim brand new never skated if anyone wants to buy them. For shape comparison, similar to Ricta NRG or Bones V2. Tablet shape.

What size and how much shipped to California?

ballintoohard

« Reply #1414 on: November 24, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Just got SML Herringtons in the AG formula in 53 and they're awesome. Slightly wider than conicals, feel just as fast, seem to slide better when you want em to

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1415 on: November 24, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
ignorance is bliss
[close]

"I ain't heard of no "Formula Four", I don't go in for that marketing gobbledy gook! I'm just an old fashioned skater who knows what I like!"

Maybe you misunderstood my post. I haven't skated Spitfire wheels since 2005. And that's why I made this thread originally. There are other choices and people to support, there's no "ignorance" about it. But you guys can make fun of me all you want. It's odd to me to ridicule someone else for not skating the same gear as you. Fascist much? That's some serious kook shit.

Sent you a PM.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 06:16:26 PM by heritage »

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1416 on: November 24, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
ignorance is bliss
[close]

[close]

Maybe you misunderstood my post. I haven't skated Spitfire wheels since 2005. And that's why I made this thread originally. There are other choices and people to support, there's no "ignorance" about it. But you guys can make fun of me all you want. It's odd to me to ridicule someone else for not skating the same gear as you. Fascist much? That's some serious kook shit.

Expand Quote

[close]

Sent you a PM.
Don't think they were flaming.  Just saying that you haven't skated formula fours since they just came out a few years ago and they are far superior to classic formula spitfire

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1417 on: November 24, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
Just got SML Herringtons in the AG formula in 53 and they're awesome. Slightly wider than conicals, feel just as fast, seem to slide better when you want em to

Wider than conicals? Are they the OG shape? My Smls have all been rather thin like classics.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #1418 on: November 24, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »
you weren't being made fun of for not skating the same wheels as everyone else, just that you made a claim that you can't back up. you said that there are better alternatives to F4s while never having skated them yourself. i guess what i meant by "ignorance is bliss" is that you have the benefit of enjoying a variety wheels while others, it seems, can't because nothing stands up against "the best"

ballintoohard

« Reply #1419 on: November 24, 2018, 08:39:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wider than conicals? Are they the OG shape? My Smls have all been rather thin like classics.

Yup

These ones: https://www.tactics.com/sml/herrington-spritzers-v-cut-skateboard-wheels/white-orange-99a

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1420 on: November 24, 2018, 10:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you weren't being made fun of for not skating the same wheels as everyone else, just that you made a claim that you can't back up. you said that there are better alternatives to F4s while never having skated them yourself. i guess what i meant by "ignorance is bliss" is that you have the benefit of enjoying a variety wheels while others, it seems, can't because nothing stands up against "the best"

To be fair, I still ride STF's. I want something inbetween! If I had to stick to one forever it would be F4's, but bones figured something out.

Statebird

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1421 on: November 26, 2018, 01:20:06 PM »
have had 2 sets of dialtones and I cannot get the bearings out of the wheels for the life of me, had to go buy wd40

i love everything theories does but it is back to f4's

TheVisitor

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1422 on: November 26, 2018, 11:24:03 PM »
Anyone skate Ghetto Child since they've returned? Been thinking of trying those 52mm Tom Penny wheels.

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1423 on: November 27, 2018, 12:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yup

These ones: https://www.tactics.com/sml/herrington-spritzers-v-cut-skateboard-wheels/white-orange-99a

Awesome, they are the v-cut shape. Will def try them next.

You dig em?

SoapyEyes

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1424 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »
Anyone tried orbs wheels? Ive been eying the specters while my f4s get smaller and smaller

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #1425 on: November 29, 2018, 01:59:30 AM »
I put together a bit of a mutt setup using some old shit I had laying around and a deck I kinda hate but might as well use and I put on some STFs and skated those last night.

I only skated STFs for a long time.

I can't wait to get back to some F4s.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1426 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:06 AM »
I actually won some stfs from the top of the slap page and am skating them now.  So far I'm enjoying them

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #1427 on: November 29, 2018, 05:31:57 AM »
@uk guys, deadass those £20 Death wheels are probably on par slideability wise with 101a F4s

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #1428 on: November 29, 2018, 08:01:53 AM »
I just threw on a fresh pair of Bones 100s v5s I had lying around. This shape is kind of cool and also kind of weird. Anyone else skate the v5 shape regardless of formula. Thoughts?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1429 on: November 29, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »
I just threw on a fresh pair of Bones 100s v5s I had lying around. This shape is kind of cool and also kind of weird. Anyone else skate the v5 shape regardless of formula. Thoughts?

It's my favorite Bones shape, works on all terrain.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #1430 on: November 29, 2018, 02:21:44 PM »
Yea im definitely able to ride a bit better over all this shitty ground around here. I have been using v2s for a while, so its quite nice change of pace so far. Bit heavier though obviously so im getting used to that.

Not Local

« Reply #1431 on: November 29, 2018, 03:44:36 PM »
curious about bones doing a softer STF...

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1432 on: November 29, 2018, 06:43:31 PM »
curious about bones doing a softer STF...

I hope they come out soon!!

I’ve been going back to basics of my skate career in the middle late 2000’s and riding 99a type soft wheels again cause idk about you guys but the streets are rough and unforgiving and yeah f4 slide perfect but at the same time they slide a littler too much for me, just a little

So I been riding bones 100’s and they feel softer than spit classics cause of the formula and I love them and on another setup I have darkstar master urethane which is a classic ole 99a nothing special but better quality than what we use to ride in a 99a

The grip and control give me a lot more confidence cause I don’t fear that somehow I will slide out

So yeah, I can’t wait for those soft stf 99a

Regular 83b/103a stf are nice too but even they aren’t as smooth and soft as the 100’s sadly for me

I prefer it cause it feels like I’m skating park but I’m in the streets, that’s why softer street wheel for me
yes

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1433 on: November 29, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
I think it's like the rough rider formula but way harder....the idea is to have something that still slides really well but is a bit softer so they work well street skating.  Looking forward to trying them out too....

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #1434 on: November 29, 2018, 07:47:10 PM »
The ricta rapido ad on slap says they help you flip your board faster. How is that even a thing.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1435 on: November 30, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »
those softer stf's are something i wanted after riding around the softer spf's in the street for a setup (couple of somewhat injured months).  I used them but they don't have the rebound and sustained roll of the stf and were too grippy but kinda comfy.  The whole time i was thinking now if bones did a softer stf THAT would be a wheel...especially with the cold coming/here.  Hopefully it will won't have any of those antiquated treads that many street wheels pointlessly still have.

At the moment the f4 radial 53 is my goldilocks wheel, not too wide or thin, not too flat or round, not too big or small.  Perfect.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1436 on: November 30, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »
The softer would work fine in a slippery indoor too I'm the winter....

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1437 on: December 01, 2018, 12:22:20 AM »

Oooo that sounds like something so crazy

A bones street wheel that works well in the park,

I’m really siked cause as I mentioned before about sliding out for some reason I like curving or leaning around trying to turn on my tight trucks to get the right angle to pop a trick and sometimes that tight truck setup and hard/slidy wheels gets me drifting and slipping out embarrassingly when I’m turning to get my angle

But softer wheels keep me grounded
yes

CoMpLeMeNts4U

« Reply #1438 on: December 01, 2018, 09:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m really siked cause as I mentioned before about sliding out for some reason I like curving or leaning around trying to turn on my tight trucks to get the right angle to pop a trick and sometimes that tight truck setup and hard/slidy wheels gets me drifting and slipping out embarrassingly when I’m turning to get my angle

Literally no skate product could ever keep you grounded rob. I don't wanna live in a world where rob isn't noticing things about his setup and is just completely fine with it. Im sorry you just are like psilocybin to skate gear you open up all these perspectives and ideas about interpreting the cold and mechanical that I had never considered before.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1439 on: December 01, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Literally no skate product could ever keep you grounded rob. I don't wanna live in a world where rob isn't noticing things about his setup and is just completely fine with it. Im sorry you just are like psilocybin to skate gear you open up all these perspectives and ideas about interpreting the cold and mechanical that I had never considered before.

My gear obsession is an excuse for my short comings in the expectations I have of my skate abilities, if that makes any sense

Or I suck so I wanna make sure it’s my setup and not me
yes