Author Topic: "pushed" skateboarder on good morning america  (Read 6265 times)

lurkstatus

Re: "pushed" skateboarder on good morning america
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 09:23:56 AM »
I can't stop reading the comments from middle america on that abc website.

I always forget how fucking regular and weird the general public is.

if you ever want to waste a year or two just spend some time looking at the average myspace profile.  shit is so wild.

jrock

Re: "pushed" skateboarder on good morning america
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
Expand Quote
i like to skate bust free spots myself, but dude sounds like if they get a park, no one is going to skate in the streets anymore. and thats just unrealistic.  best thing to have done is kept quiet and not bring any heat to the local spot
[close]

exactly, best case result of this will be a shitty park and much less tolerence for skating in that plaza. They should have just used the clip as a lifestyle clip in their homie video and moved on instead of trying to cash in on their footage by giving it to the media.

i don't really think they're trying to cash in.  I understand what you're saying about blowing up the  spot and all, but with 12 million skaters in America, most (if not all) experiencing some kind of Police harrassment or violence because of skating, this was bound to happen sooner or later.  I don't think parks are going to fix anything.  They're nice to go to for hassle-free fun, but they'll never replace street.  To me, that is what makes skateboarding what it is.  I can't really fault these kids.  They're standing up for what they believe in, and despite all of the ignorant, prejudiced comments on the ABC site, they are doing a good job presenting their point in an intelligent manner.  The extent to which we are being demonized is actually pretty funny.  We're this generation's Hell's Angels.  Think about how sad that is for a minute...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:42:58 AM by jrock »