Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225023 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1710 on: June 25, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
u just couldn't shut up could u? weren't satisfied that u made urself look stupid, had to stretch it even further? u seem suicidal, I hope u get the help u need.

I don't even kno where to begin.ur argueing with a fake account and a leafs can, and making them look good. I agree with who won the trade, but ur reasoning is insane and flawed.  because NY regressed and Columbus got better, using point standings for the following year is probably the single worst way u coulda gone about making your point. u even said there's no way to prove Columbus won the deal, well there's obv no way to prove the opposite. there's so many other factors in a teams success, tracing it to one trade is just ridiculous. just seriously. stop pushing your hard headed opinions, u make others look bad by being in the same side. u r super dumb, lol when u claimed a one point divide between teams as a piece of evidence, truly embarassing for yourself.  ur stupidity is actually dangerous, if ur truly not aware of it then that's a little scary. it's def gonna get u killed one day, be careful and maybe consider big life changes if u want any modicum of success in ur future.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

thugnificent

« Reply #1711 on: June 25, 2013, 08:33:09 PM »
the difference is the rangers were one of the favorites to win the cup this season, and the jackets were expected to finish in last place. either way, making the playoffs is irrelevant if you don't win the cup. funny how you say columbus did good this year only because of their goalie, you could say the exact same thing about new york. rick nash is a pure goal scorer, its no shocker that he scored that many goals. columbus needed depth, and nash wanted out. so far its working out well for columbus, and they have first round draft picks coming up so good for them

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #1712 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
the difference is the rangers were one of the favorites to win the cup this season, and the jackets were expected to finish in last place. either way, making the playoffs is irrelevant if you don't win the cup. funny how you say columbus did good this year only because of their goalie, you could say the exact same thing about new york. rick nash is a pure goal scorer, its no shocker that he scored that many goals. columbus needed depth, and nash wanted out. so far its working out well for columbus, and they have first round draft picks coming up so good for them

you really can't say the goalie thing about nyr though, brassard made a name for himself, derek stepan stepped up as one of the best centers in the league, rick nash is the shit, and the rangers have one of the best group of defensemen in the league. thats all facts, man. any objective hockey fan would agree.

columbus got better, thats obvious. but it wasnt bc of the trade, it was bc of the bob. thats pretty obvious.

and ice nine needs to chill. we're talking about hockey on a skate forum. no one is getting into name callin yo. just normal sports forum banter here. relax man, this is just stuff fans do. you dont need to get a hernia over it. golly.
I知 a ghost that everyone can see.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1713 on: June 25, 2013, 11:12:44 PM »
Making the playoffs is irrelavent if you don't win the cup? 

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1714 on: June 26, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »
Any Oilers fans here that would like to disagree?
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

thugnificent

« Reply #1715 on: June 26, 2013, 05:53:39 AM »
Making the playoffs is irrelavent if you don't win the cup? 

fact

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1716 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:39 AM »

Also, rumors have it that the Bob might not even resign with the Blue Jackets, choosing the KHL. Anisimov, too. Again, these are only rumors. Also Philly is buying out Bryz. That's fact.
[/quote]

I feel like your wrong on Bobrovsky and Anisimov. It's not easy getting out of KHL contracts, so when the ones who "escaped" leave and have the kind of potential those two have they're not going to go back. Prospects are a different story but again most of the time it's the contracts.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1717 on: June 26, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »

Also, rumors have it that the Bob might not even resign with the Blue Jackets, choosing the KHL. Anisimov, too. Again, these are only rumors. Also Philly is buying out Bryz. That's fact.

I feel like your wrong on Bobrovsky and Anisimov. It's not easy getting out of KHL contracts, so when the ones who "escaped" leave and have the kind of potential those two have they're not going to go back. Prospects are a different story but again most of the time it's the contracts.

[/quote]

It's only a rumor, but it's substantial enough that both players are actually considering it. Both would be huge stars there. Anisimov's game would shine on the larger rink, and frankly, he the archetypal Russian hockey player, pure offensive ability with a disciplined defensive game. Give him more ice and he'd kill in the NHL. As for The Bob, he'd be the biggest star in the KHL. It's more likely that they'll be Blue Jackets, but a lot more Russians are leaving the NHL to play in the KHL and it wouldn't be surprising if these two did as well. They'd make more money and be more heralded. It's not far-fetched at all.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1718 on: June 26, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
Who are the top goalies in the NHL these days ? Most the guys I looked up to back when I played have retired . Looking over the teams these days I dont recognize any of them

kmdoom

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1719 on: June 26, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
Who are the top goalies in the NHL these days ? Most the guys I looked up to back when I played have retired . Looking over the teams these days I dont recognize any of them

Are you... Grant Fuhr old? Ken Dryden old? Or are you really Monty Burns and did you grow up watching Jacques Plante? Marty Brodeur's still here and on the cover of a video game

Anyways there's Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller, Carey Price and I think Roberto Luongo belongs with them too. Those are the elite

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1720 on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you... Grant Fuhr old? Ken Dryden old? Or are you really Monty Burns and did you grow up watching Jacques Plante? Marty Brodeur's still here and on the cover of a video game

Anyways there's Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne, Jonathan Quick, Ryan Miller, Carey Price and I think Roberto Luongo belongs with them too. Those are the elite

Luongo used to be among them, he's fallen off now. Sergei Bobrovsky won the Vezina, the award for best goalie. He's on that list for now, though I think he still has to prove he can be that good through a full season.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1721 on: June 26, 2013, 03:20:46 PM »
The Columbus Blue Jackets on Wednesday re-signed forward Artem Anisimov to a three-year contract extension. Terms of the deal were not released, but the Columbus Dispatch is reporting the average annual value to be $3.283 million per season.

Anisimov, 25, had 11 goals and was third on the team with 18 points in 35 games in the 2012-13 season. He joined the team from the New York Rangers as part of the Rick Nash trade.

He would have become a restricted free agent had he not signed by July 5.

"Artem is a big part of our team and we're very pleased to sign him to this extension," Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. "He's an extremely dependable two-way center with a dynamic skill set and we think he will be a key contributor to our club in the coming years."

Chosen by the Rangers with the 54th pick of the 2006 NHL Draft, Anisimov has 57 goals, 69 assists and 126 points in 279 NHL games.

Anisimov has won silver medals playing for Russia at the 2010 and 2013 IIHF World Championships.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1722 on: June 26, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Luongo used to be among them, he's fallen off now. Sergei Bobrovsky won the Vezina, the award for best goalie. He's on that list for now, though I think he still has to prove he can be that good through a full season.

I remember Grant Fuhr and M Brodeur is almost the only one there , Khabibulin in Oilers but he is almost done Im sad to say

I grew up on felix potvin , P Roy , Ron hextall , Curtis Joseph John Vanbiesbrouck Bill Ranford Ed Belfour Tom Barrasso  Dominik Hasek
and tons of other great dudes . like mid 90s to early 00s

I used to play against  Lundqvist for a number of years , talked now and then but were never friends

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1723 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:46 PM »
The Columbus Blue Jackets on Wednesday re-signed forward Artem Anisimov to a three-year contract extension. Terms of the deal were not released, but the Columbus Dispatch is reporting the average annual value to be $3.283 million per season.

Anisimov, 25, had 11 goals and was third on the team with 18 points in 35 games in the 2012-13 season. He joined the team from the New York Rangers as part of the Rick Nash trade.

He would have become a restricted free agent had he not signed by July 5.

"Artem is a big part of our team and we're very pleased to sign him to this extension," Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. "He's an extremely dependable two-way center with a dynamic skill set and we think he will be a key contributor to our club in the coming years."

Chosen by the Rangers with the 54th pick of the 2006 NHL Draft, Anisimov has 57 goals, 69 assists and 126 points in 279 NHL games.

Anisimov has won silver medals playing for Russia at the 2010 and 2013 IIHF World Championships.

good for him, glad he's getting paid. i always liked artie and was sad to see him get the boot from new york. he would be so good in alain vigneault's system.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1724 on: June 26, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Corey Crawford.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1725 on: June 26, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
I'd say lunquist.....maybe quick.... are the only money dudes....everyone else is either past their prime or a cast off one year....and a vezina  winner the next.....or vice versa.....

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1726 on: June 27, 2013, 10:39:04 AM »
buyouts start today. big names likely to be out are lecavalier, briere, bryz, and brad richards. the two philly guys are out for sure, cav and richy are unsure. i'm sure there are others, but expect a lot of guys to hit free agency.

Nick..

« Reply #1727 on: June 27, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
buyouts start today. big names likely to be out are lecavalier, briere, bryz, and brad richards. the two philly guys are out for sure, cav and richy are unsure. i'm sure there are others, but expect a lot of guys to hit free agency.
Lecavalier was bought out today. I can definitely see the guy end his career in Tampa Bay in a few years. I hope the Leafs get him though, he'd look fantastic between JVR and Kessel. He's a definite upgrade over Bozak as well.

Flames trade Tanguay and Sarich to Colorado for David Jones and Shane O'Brien. How does Feaster still have a job?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1728 on: June 27, 2013, 05:12:38 PM »
The Flames are just a head-to-toe incompetent organization. Unfortunately, I've come to accept this. Shanahan was approached for a position just above Feaster on the ladder but turned it down. No one with half a mind wants anything to do with a team this shitty, with an owner that pulls all the strings.

Edit: Though I should add that I don't mind this trade, honestly. The team needed extra strength and they got it, I've certainly never been too big a fan of Tanguay myself. It's a pretty dumb contract to take on but I don't think anyone's too worried about the team hitting the cap this year.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:17:16 PM by Mooley »

Nick..

« Reply #1729 on: June 27, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
The Flames are just a head-to-toe incompetent organization. Unfortunately, I've come to accept this. Shanahan was approached for a position just above Feaster on the ladder but turned it down. No one with half a mind wants anything to do with a team this shitty, with an owner that pulls all the strings.

Edit: Though I should add that I don't mind this trade, honestly. The team needed extra strength and they got it, I've certainly never been too big a fan of Tanguay myself. It's a pretty dumb contract to take on but I don't think anyone's too worried about the team hitting the cap this year.
As a Leaf fan, I understand this completely. It didn't matter how many shitty players they had (Blake, Toskala, Stempniak, Wellwood and so many others) or how many leads they blew in the third period (Thanks Wilson) or how many losses they'd have, I'd always watch them because I knew something good would happen someday, and that happened when Burke took over. It's a shame he didn't get any credit for assembling that team and coaching staff that made the playoffs this year.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1730 on: June 28, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
As a Leaf fan, I understand this completely. It didn't matter how many shitty players they had (Blake, Toskala, Stempniak, Wellwood and so many others) or how many leads they blew in the third period (Thanks Wilson) or how many losses they'd have, I'd always watch them because I knew something good would happen someday, and that happened when Burke took over. It's a shame he didn't get any credit for assembling that team and coaching staff that made the playoffs this year.

I have a question for you. As a Leafs fan, how do you feel about the trade for Jonathan Bernier? I thought James Reimer was good enough. Seems pointless to me.

Nick..

« Reply #1731 on: June 28, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I have a question for you. As a Leafs fan, how do you feel about the trade for Jonathan Bernier? I thought James Reimer was good enough. Seems pointless to me.
I hated it at first considering Bernier was drafted the same year as Reimer (2006) yet he doesn't have much experience because he was a perma-backup behind one of the best goalies in the league. I'll miss Frattin and I think he'll become a better player in LA, but Bernier still has a lot of potential and he's a lot better than Scrivens, so I like it.

Anyhow, Rangers aren't buying out Richards and Alfredsson is coming back for another year.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1732 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
I hated it at first considering Bernier was drafted the same year as Reimer (2006) yet he doesn't have much experience because he was a perma-backup behind one of the best goalies in the league. I'll miss Frattin and I think he'll become a better player in LA, but Bernier still has a lot of potential and he's a lot better than Scrivens, so I like it.

Anyhow, Rangers aren't buying out Richards and Alfredsson is coming back for another year.

as far as the richards thing, if he struggles right out of the gate, their going to shut him down for the year. can't buyout an injured player. that'd be some shit if they ended up sitting him for a season. hopefully he can bounce back, bc the dude is clutch when he is on his game.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #1733 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

luongo? hahahahaha

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #1734 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »
the parade today was fun, but not nearly as cool as the 2010 parade.

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #1735 on: June 30, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
Devils got Schnieder for their round 1 draft pick.

I'm psyched on this.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Nick..

« Reply #1736 on: June 30, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Dave Bolland to the Leafs for three draft picks with one being in 2014. I'm so pumped on this trade.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #1737 on: June 30, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
It sucks to see Bolland go considering his Cup winning goal, but he's so inconsistent.  You didn't hear too much about him all season and then he played ok during the playoffs.  And this isn't the first season that that was the case.  I'm more upset to see Frolik go, but it helped keep Bickell and some other big players on the Hawks.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1738 on: June 30, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
can't believe the Canucks traded their best young player, potentially the best young goalie for a shitty pick. gillis is either an idiot or aquilini(the owner) has way too much say.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1739 on: June 30, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »
No way the owners wanted to buy Louie out....and no one wanted him....

Schneider maybe has some anxiety problems....you throwing in Torts....and Vancouver fans....I'm fine with it....sucks for him now having to win a spot from Brodeur...Wish we got more for him though.....we should have started grabbing picks years ago instead of adding guys at trading deadline.....

Chicago knows what's up....Everyone thought it was the end of the world after they lost all the depth after winning the first cup....