Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988008 times)

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8340 on: March 29, 2023, 10:06:06 AM »

I got this Passport zip flannel and came here to say that it is pretty high quality stuff.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
« Reply #8341 on: March 29, 2023, 11:01:38 AM »

I got this Passport zip flannel and came here to say that it is pretty high quality stuff.
Yeah all the passport soft goods stuff I've bought have been top notch.

Get hungry on it!

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8342 on: March 29, 2023, 05:14:18 PM »
G027

Been on the Ventures for a few days and feeling them so want to pair them with a 14" WB just to see what that brings about...

Thebird

• Rep: 158
« Reply #8343 on: March 30, 2023, 08:47:26 AM »
G027

Been on the Ventures for a few days and feeling them so want to pair them with a 14" WB just to see what that brings about...

Definitely my favorite trucks out there.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8344 on: March 30, 2023, 10:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

I’ve been finding that I prefer the stability over how much *I think* I need to have my trucks turn. I’m not skating transition these days.

ClaySoggyfries

• Rep: 1
  • @clay_soggyfries on IG
    • Soundcloud avatar image
« Reply #8345 on: March 30, 2023, 02:08:56 PM »
I bought the extended wear laces that I saw Christian Flores talk about on YouTube. Recently, I've just been tearing through laces before I even make a hole in my shoe. So I got the laces. I've heard good reviews about them so I'll probably buy another pair.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8346 on: March 30, 2023, 09:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

[close]

I’ve been finding that I prefer the stability over how much *I think* I need to have my trucks turn. I’m not skating transition these days.

Samesies

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8347 on: March 31, 2023, 06:49:59 AM »
G027

I've been on venture hallow 5.6s on a 14" WB for the past year and been loving it

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8348 on: March 31, 2023, 09:16:57 AM »
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

I've been on venture hallow 5.6s on a 14" WB for the past year and been loving it

With all the truck madness I realized I've never tried cast Ventures; my previous experience with shorter WB boards saw me feeling good on sub 7" noses and longer tail boards 6.8" (primitive and girl, tho I didn't ride either of them with Ventures).

So far the Ventures felt great on a 14.125" WB (7" nose/6.6" Tail, 2 fingers of flat and mellow)  so I can't imagine them feeling any worse on that Girl board as it just shifts the length from front to back.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8349 on: March 31, 2023, 09:22:34 AM »
G027

I like these trucks, that deck was interesting. Has an oddly long tail since they took another shape and pushed the trucks in a bit but mostly at the tail. I liked it best with Thunders for some reason but it was always a bit too short and squirrely for me. Somehow Jordan Trahan rides Aces on it. I did have really good front tails on it no clue why.

The deck has a lot of "fingers of flat" then a decently steep rise. It feels longer than the dims suggest. I really wish they made it in 14.25 I'd be all over it.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #8350 on: April 01, 2023, 01:09:54 PM »
Gorgeous day out and I was in the neighborhood so I stopped in to see the Radio guys for the first time in waaaaayyyyy too long. Got to catch up with one of the owners a little bit but it was actually packed and everyone was buying stuff so that was really cool to see. I cherish this shop and hope they flourish because it's such a cool little spot that does all the little things right. I've been dragging my feet on buying both of these because I don't want another full blown madness outbreak but it seemed like the stars aligned so I pulled the trigger.

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #8351 on: April 02, 2023, 09:35:59 AM »

Burn cream for some really bad road rash.
Cannot fucking wait for it to get here.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8352 on: April 02, 2023, 11:31:13 AM »

I popped into my local shop(Marriage) for their 1 year anniversary yesterday and got 55mm radials for a skate trip I’m going on next week

Blazers I had ordered from another shop

Chems wheelbase redrilling tool so I can make some longer WB boards more skateable
fuck you bama

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #8353 on: April 02, 2023, 11:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

I like these trucks, that deck was interesting. Has an oddly long tail since they took another shape and pushed the trucks in a bit but mostly at the tail. I liked it best with Thunders for some reason but it was always a bit too short and squirrely for me. Somehow Jordan Trahan rides Aces on it. I did have really good front tails on it no clue why.

The deck has a lot of "fingers of flat" then a decently steep rise. It feels longer than the dims suggest. I really wish they made it in 14.25 I'd be all over it.

I had that shape on ace 44 classics and 56 conical fulls, and loved the way it skated. Looked fucking gross tho. This is some 3+ years ago. But the big wheels and ace trucks led to some great, for me, pop.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 101
« Reply #8354 on: April 02, 2023, 04:58:20 PM »

I popped into my local shop(Marriage) for their 1 year anniversary yesterday and got 55mm radials for a skate trip I’m going on next week

Chems wheelbase redrilling tool so I can make some longer WB boards more skateable

Nice find didn’t know that wheelbase jig existed.  The increments are 1/4” and 3/8”.  So if I wanted to shorten the wheelbase by 1/4” my only option would be to redrill one side and leave the other side untouched, but then the truck holes would be off center on the board?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8355 on: April 02, 2023, 06:34:55 PM »
I think it’s like, use this hole to change a 1/4” by drilling both sides?

Holes look awfully close together to be 1/4” apart fully
p-shuvs and v-flips

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8356 on: April 02, 2023, 06:43:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice find didn’t know that wheelbase jig existed.  The increments are 1/4” and 3/8”.  So if I wanted to shorten the wheelbase by 1/4” my only option would be to redrill one side and leave the other side untouched, but then the truck holes would be off center on the board?

I think it’s like, use this hole to change a 1/4” by drilling both sides?

Holes look awfully close together to be 1/4” apart fully

I often wonder about redrilling boards you only want a little in, rather than drilling in both ends (not sides) but I think usually drilling in the nose is a little easier and will not change the feel of the board as much as drilling in the tail.

On the other hand, if a board is too steep, with the tail a little on the short side, drilling in the tail can make a board feel way more mellow / easy to pop on the tail end as well as making it a little more twin like in length of kicks too.  This works really well on Venture trucks too, which make them work better for Koston and others who have the baseplates redrilled instead.

The 1/4" is close together but on boards I have done at that increment, they still hold up fine and don't break through at all, especially if you drill the wheelbase in as the old holes are under the baseplate in the "flex" area, where boards break over the trucks.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8357 on: April 02, 2023, 10:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They’re sitting sideways in the picture. In practice you would rotate it before using. The wheelbase increments can be adjusted to drill out holes downwards in line with the existing 4 bolt pattern of the board

I was thinking that they’re too close for a quarter inch adjustment as well, but I will most likely use the half inch holes to shorten up the 14.4” WB boards I have. It’s ideal if you like a shorter WB
fuck you bama

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65426
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8358 on: April 03, 2023, 06:13:43 PM »
Bought these 3 pairs of pants thanks to you guys helping me with the chart. they all fit amazing but the carroll fourstar huf pants are the best fitting pants ive ever put on. might grab a couple more pairs and put them on ice.

thanks friends

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8359 on: April 03, 2023, 06:42:28 PM »
Bought these 3 pairs of pants thanks to you guys helping me with the chart. they all fit amazing but the carroll fourstar huf pants are the best fitting pants ive ever put on. might grab a couple more pairs and put them on ice.

thanks friends

I was checking those Carrol pants out. What’s with the knees? They look like cargo pockets, but I know they’re not.

I like the color, and the tie strings in the leg openings.

Also, what’s the fit like in comparison to the Polar 44’s? Assuming that was the other pair of pants you got.

mendo

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8360 on: April 03, 2023, 10:33:52 PM »

Ended up getting 2 pairs for some reason, other pair on the way, dcs in my 30s is a bit weird but oh well

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #8361 on: April 04, 2023, 06:31:52 AM »
Expand Quote

thanks friends

[close]

I was checking those Carrol pants out. What’s with the knees? They look like cargo pockets, but I know they’re not.

I like the color, and the tie strings in the leg openings.

Also, what’s the fit like in comparison to the Polar 44’s? Assuming that was the other pair of pants you got.

I have the Carrol Huf x FS pants, love the fit too although a bit long for my legs. They're double knee pants so they have a little extra material that gives it that fold crease look.

Ended up getting 2 pairs for some reason, other pair on the way, dcs in my 30s is a bit weird but oh well

Need a pair of those Cafe Kalis' keep waiting for a sale so I can pull the trigger, look so good in person!

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #8362 on: April 04, 2023, 06:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

[close]

Ive been on the 5.8 Kaders for about 8 weeks and I freakin love them. Coming from a set of 5.8 V Lights, I much more prefer the Kaders. They just feel great to me!

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #8363 on: April 05, 2023, 09:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
G027

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ive been on the 5.8 Kaders for about 8 weeks and I freakin love them. Coming from a set of 5.8 V Lights, I much more prefer the Kaders. They just feel great to me!

I got the 5.8 teds and love them. Really hope ventures keeps the cast hollows in their line up.

Also I just bought some black/white Nike Brsb Cortez looking shoes for chillers. I started skating the forest gump ones and I miss them as chillers. Real comfy little tight in toe at first but wearing other shoes  feel rough now even as chillers

eSK3

« Reply #8364 on: April 05, 2023, 12:36:52 PM »

Shoutouts to Theories for the preorder.

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #8365 on: April 05, 2023, 03:32:31 PM »
Got a pair of the black and white ishod's for 65 bucks. They were on sale with an additional 25% off. Couldn't pass that up.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #8366 on: April 05, 2023, 05:44:30 PM »
Got a pair of the Etnies Estrella shoe. Looking forward to skate them. Has anyone skated them before?

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #8367 on: April 05, 2023, 06:14:12 PM »
Got some same SML Grocery Bag wheels. They’re pretty chunky little wheels for being 53mm. AG Formula v-cut. They’re a bit grippy but maybe once the tread wears away that will change.  I like them so far though, more than I thought I would, and I had low(ish) expectations. Plus, they were cheap.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #8368 on: April 05, 2023, 07:55:23 PM »
2 shop shirts- one for me and one for my older guy. Now if a) the sunny version of Spring would arrive here in Canada and b) my heel would heal up (hockey injury) perhaps I could actually go rock mine while skating off the winter cob-webs.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8369 on: April 05, 2023, 08:02:04 PM »
Got some same SML Grocery Bag wheels. They’re pretty chunky little wheels for being 53mm. AG Formula v-cut. They’re a bit grippy but maybe once the tread wears away that will change.  I like them so far though, more than I thought I would, and I had low(ish) expectations. Plus, they were cheap.
The V cut Ag formula are some of my favorite wheels that I’ve ridden consistently. Definitely not as slick as F4s or something harder. But it’s a great formula nonetheless.