Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1445468 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #11580 on: January 05, 2024, 10:05:07 PM »
 :D
Expand Quote
Damn, that’s a lot of topics and a Q&A to cover in an hour haha
[close]

Maaaaybe more…

Just imagine waiting patiently for him to get to physical immortality and he only has time for alchemy.

Someone needs to go and screen record this shit. Nobody screen recorded Greg Hunts Covid live stream of all the Mind Field 16mm, at least do this for me
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chihuahuadad2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #11581 on: January 06, 2024, 01:05:08 AM »
How wild if SO was the only human to crack the code. Zuckerberg and Musk worship at his feet. World governments fighting over access. The beauty industry organizing kidnappings. Financial markets tumbling every time he drops an Instagram Live. Religions of the world burning their oldest scrolls. The Wu Tang Clan rereleasing all their albums with his verses edited over U-God. Animals striking cheery poses as they feel the heat between me and you.

Damn that was poetry

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #11582 on: January 06, 2024, 03:06:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

Just imagine waiting patiently for him to get to physical immortality and he only has time for alchemy.

Someone needs to go and screen record this shit. Nobody screen recorded Greg Hunts Covid live stream of all the Mind Field 16mm, at least do this for me

I did
Should I upload it?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 463
« Reply #11583 on: January 06, 2024, 03:13:46 AM »
I'd pay the $25 just to learn how to heal myself after a gnarly slam

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11584 on: January 06, 2024, 03:21:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

[close]

I did
Should I upload it?

Yes please
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #11585 on: January 06, 2024, 05:52:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

[close]

I did
Should I upload it?
How is that even a question?!

Please for the good of everyone. Please upload it.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • Free Max B
« Reply #11586 on: January 06, 2024, 07:03:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

[close]

I did
Should I upload it?
[close]
How is that even a question?!

Please for the good of everyone. Please upload it.
Yeah post that for sure bud.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
« Reply #11587 on: January 06, 2024, 11:54:52 AM »

Life is Pain. Life is War. A few months ago my board snapped up and hit the skull on my knee cap and it started bleeding out of his eye. It gave me the idea of making this graphic and embracing the fact that pain is rough but pain is good and makes us stronger. For some of us it can be physical pain and for some of us mental pain. For me l've obviously gone through a ton of physical pain throughout my life but at times I feel the mental as well. Our minds are chaos. We are chaos! We are not perfect. And that's what we stand for at Disorder. What would joy be without pain..

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11588 on: January 06, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »
Expand Quote
When you read "alchemy" in there you know guy's fried up.
[close]
Clearly somebody has never turned shit into gold.

This is so good.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

[close]
I did
Should I upload it?

Hunt had it up as a hard post for a second as Live videos do after you save them. He took it down and made a story that he intended for the video to be impermanent and part of what made it so special is that he didn't plan any of it out, he just played random songs over the footage so that however it lined up was something that couldn't be recreated. I think he also mentioned he asked someone who had uploaded it to take it down for that reason.

With that being said I would love to see it again because it was fucking sick ahahaha.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3359
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11589 on: January 06, 2024, 12:18:48 PM »
Disorder skateboards remind me of that video for "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals. I’d post it but my stupid ass can’t figure out how to link any more.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #11590 on: January 06, 2024, 12:20:59 PM »
Disorder skateboards remind me of that video for "You Get What You Give" by New Radicals. I’d post it but my stupid ass can’t figure out how to link any more.

Age 14 they got you down on your knees

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #11591 on: January 06, 2024, 12:30:52 PM »
I'd skate that Clive Dixon deck.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -522
« Reply #11592 on: January 06, 2024, 01:08:23 PM »

Life is Pain. Life is War. A few months ago my board snapped up and hit the skull on my knee cap and it started bleeding out of his eye. It gave me the idea of making this graphic and embracing the fact that pain is rough but pain is good and makes us stronger. For some of us it can be physical pain and for some of us mental pain. For me l've obviously gone through a ton of physical pain throughout my life but at times I feel the mental as well. Our minds are chaos. We are chaos! We are not perfect. And that's what we stand for at Disorder. What would joy be without pain..

That “a life of pain” hat could fit staba’s new averted gaze emo redneck look.

DERBY

• Rep: 270
« Reply #11593 on: January 06, 2024, 01:21:14 PM »
that spiritual guy reminds me of this one guy in my city. he’d have (google *whatever his name is*) written between a 126km stretch. he’d also ride around shirtless, yelling while riding his bike. my curiosity got the best of me and i search him up. he claimed to be somesorta expert in ancient asian sexual rituals. i think this dude was struggling to get laid and resided within the guise of sexual magic in order to do so. the extents some men go to in order to get laid is fucking hilarious. but then again whatif this fool actually had magic lol

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #11594 on: January 06, 2024, 01:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Posting it here, because there isn't a "weird instagram posts" thread, but it's also kinda lame ...

Seems moore like a cashgrab to me, than a genuine path to enlightenment.

Also, I always loved Steve Olson, but what the hell is this?
[close]

He might be losing it but he’s still much smarter than the other Steve Olson.

so has any one payed him and watched his online enlightenment show?  8)

So who is the most insane ex pro right now? Lennie Kirk or crazy monk? we should vote for it in here.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #11595 on: January 06, 2024, 01:40:55 PM »

Didn’t take Nyjah for a Merauder fan

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #11596 on: January 06, 2024, 01:55:27 PM »
What the story with these fits, though?
Homey looks like he just racked $1500 worth of personal hygiene products from Walgreens or something.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #11597 on: January 06, 2024, 02:48:40 PM »
i miss the Steve Olson who rode for Foundation and looked like he was in Weezer
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #11598 on: January 06, 2024, 03:12:17 PM »

Awwww, poor little guy. It must be hard…
Thots & prayers for Jah
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #11599 on: January 06, 2024, 03:25:42 PM »

It was a hassle, but finally I've managed

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #11600 on: January 06, 2024, 03:30:36 PM »
Did Nyjah just invent the goth-jock aesthetic?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #11601 on: January 06, 2024, 04:06:19 PM »
I know the Rowley post is kinda old news but I found an old Jenkem interview from years back and he went into his story and reasoning for being vegetarian. Also mentions his first shoe material use was not because he was vegan, or one at all. You guys put your own projections on this guy and the posts from a few pages back are now pretty laughable in hindsight. 

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/10/26/the-geoff-rowley-interview/

Is there anything you personally feel is overlooked or misunderstood about yourself?
Growing up being a vegetarian and what I do now with hunting is difficult for a lot of people to understand because they don’t know my full story. It’s self exploration – if you knew me well you, would know I was into reading books on wild animals and stalking deer when I was 15, 16, 17 years old. My best friend growing up worked for the forestry commission and he influenced my skating more than anybody. He started skating in 1972 and he was also vegetarian when he was younger. Today he shoots and kills lots of deer year round for game management practices in England. He’s a natural outdoorsman and introduced me to predator hunting and calling also.

I became a vegetarian when I was younger mostly for dietary reasons. I was exposed to a load of what now I can see as total propaganda written by somebody with a direct agenda, not based on science or research or anything like that. I stopped eating meat having seen that and I had no one else around to tell me any different. But I felt good and I was growing fine. I was healing from slams and things like that. I didn’t preach, that was my diet and I tried to stick to it.

I did that for many years, but later on, I started to not recover when I really should have been really strong. I was physically fit but I wasn’t recovering from slams. Minor sprains in my muscles, all of a sudden I would be skating for four hours a day and then I would come home and I couldn’t feel my legs for two weeks.

I had a really amazing chiropractor at the time that told me to get my diet analyzed. So I got a full background check, nutrition test, allergy test, all that stuff, and it all came back and I didn’t lack anything. Not one trace. Apparently I was fine, but I still was not feeling good. Something was going on, so I switched up my diet and started eating fish and two weeks later, all of a sudden, those muscle issues started to disappear.

This is me looking at things from both ends, I’m different now, my body at this stage as you grow older requires different things. I’m not going to have diet hold me back from skateboarding. So I started eating fish and it felt good. I recovered from all those muscle injuries and then started eating dairy a little bit again, which felt good as long as I didn’t eat too much of it. Eventually I slowly transitioned into eating a protein based red meat diet, and now I feel stronger, fitter, and healthier than ever. I can skate for longer periods of time now than I could ten years ago, and my muscles function and recover at a faster rate.

What about being vegan? I remember hearing you were vegan for a while?
I wasn’t ever vegan in the ‘real’ sense of the word. I had leather in my car, had leather boots. What really was tough was when vegan started getting labeled on shoes and stuff like that. My initial first shoe used synthetic fabrics because it was more consistent and durable than suede, the material always wore out evenly. That’s why I used that material, because it was better at that point, not because I was vegan.

I’ve been actively shooting photographs and filming people hunting and stuff like that for forever, but I never talked about that much because what’s that have to do with skateboarding? If someone is asking you in an interview about your skateboarding should I say, “actually I’m going to Colorado tomorrow to stay with elderly gentlemen and we’re gonna run dogs in the mountains?” It’s a beautiful thing to see animals that intelligent and that in touch with their environment that they’re able to pursue game with their senses and push themselves physically to the brink of exhaustion. They love it and it shows in their faces, dogs with a strong sense of smell were meant to trail game. I honestly believe you couldn’t run a marathon and get the same kind of exhaustion that you get when you run dogs through high elevations after big predators. You learn so much, it’s a crash course on the whole ecosystem, and I love that. Like skating straight to the deep end of a pool for the first time and then trying to figure out how to get out
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #11602 on: January 06, 2024, 04:22:14 PM »
i miss the Steve Olson who rode for Foundation and looked like he was in Weezer

He was one of the first pros I ever saw skate in person, and blew my mind. Plus, his Hubba NBD's were amazing, and not the most obvious moves.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #11603 on: January 06, 2024, 04:32:33 PM »

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #11604 on: January 06, 2024, 04:50:18 PM »
I know the Rowley post is kinda old news but I found an old Jenkem interview from years back and he went into his story and reasoning for being vegetarian. Also mentions his first shoe material use was not because he was vegan, or one at all. You guys put your own projections on this guy and the posts from a few pages back are now pretty laughable in hindsight. 

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/10/26/the-geoff-rowley-interview/

Is there anything you personally feel is overlooked or misunderstood about yourself?
Growing up being a vegetarian and what I do now with hunting is difficult for a lot of people to understand because they don’t know my full story. It’s self exploration – if you knew me well you, would know I was into reading books on wild animals and stalking deer when I was 15, 16, 17 years old. My best friend growing up worked for the forestry commission and he influenced my skating more than anybody. He started skating in 1972 and he was also vegetarian when he was younger. Today he shoots and kills lots of deer year round for game management practices in England. He’s a natural outdoorsman and introduced me to predator hunting and calling also.

I became a vegetarian when I was younger mostly for dietary reasons. I was exposed to a load of what now I can see as total propaganda written by somebody with a direct agenda, not based on science or research or anything like that. I stopped eating meat having seen that and I had no one else around to tell me any different. But I felt good and I was growing fine. I was healing from slams and things like that. I didn’t preach, that was my diet and I tried to stick to it.

I did that for many years, but later on, I started to not recover when I really should have been really strong. I was physically fit but I wasn’t recovering from slams. Minor sprains in my muscles, all of a sudden I would be skating for four hours a day and then I would come home and I couldn’t feel my legs for two weeks.

I had a really amazing chiropractor at the time that told me to get my diet analyzed. So I got a full background check, nutrition test, allergy test, all that stuff, and it all came back and I didn’t lack anything. Not one trace. Apparently I was fine, but I still was not feeling good. Something was going on, so I switched up my diet and started eating fish and two weeks later, all of a sudden, those muscle issues started to disappear.

This is me looking at things from both ends, I’m different now, my body at this stage as you grow older requires different things. I’m not going to have diet hold me back from skateboarding. So I started eating fish and it felt good. I recovered from all those muscle injuries and then started eating dairy a little bit again, which felt good as long as I didn’t eat too much of it. Eventually I slowly transitioned into eating a protein based red meat diet, and now I feel stronger, fitter, and healthier than ever. I can skate for longer periods of time now than I could ten years ago, and my muscles function and recover at a faster rate.

What about being vegan? I remember hearing you were vegan for a while?
I wasn’t ever vegan in the ‘real’ sense of the word. I had leather in my car, had leather boots. What really was tough was when vegan started getting labeled on shoes and stuff like that. My initial first shoe used synthetic fabrics because it was more consistent and durable than suede, the material always wore out evenly. That’s why I used that material, because it was better at that point, not because I was vegan.

I’ve been actively shooting photographs and filming people hunting and stuff like that for forever, but I never talked about that much because what’s that have to do with skateboarding? If someone is asking you in an interview about your skateboarding should I say, “actually I’m going to Colorado tomorrow to stay with elderly gentlemen and we’re gonna run dogs in the mountains?” It’s a beautiful thing to see animals that intelligent and that in touch with their environment that they’re able to pursue game with their senses and push themselves physically to the brink of exhaustion. They love it and it shows in their faces, dogs with a strong sense of smell were meant to trail game. I honestly believe you couldn’t run a marathon and get the same kind of exhaustion that you get when you run dogs through high elevations after big predators. You learn so much, it’s a crash course on the whole ecosystem, and I love that. Like skating straight to the deep end of a pool for the first time and then trying to figure out how to get out
I remember this interview. I'm not vegan but I felt like the diet effecting recovery time was a bit of a cop out excuse. Not that there isn't some truth to it but because he was shifting to ditch skating at that point anyway. There are plenty of vegan athletes functioning at a high level too. He's also always talking about sustainability and population control but from what I can see he seems to do more rich dentist big game type shit.

He is not the same dude I looked up to growing up with the 411 and Sorry part. Everybody is free to grow and change but the dentist hunting bullshit with a ton of gear, overkill guns, and a motorhead soundtrack is just corny to me. It's always presented in some wanna be macho way.

Doesn't help that his ditch skating is not fun to watch. I have no desire to watch modern Rowley clips but could watch new Reynolds or Thomas footage all day.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
  • sup dog
« Reply #11605 on: January 06, 2024, 04:56:13 PM »

It was a hassle, but finally I've managed
Aww, man it’s private. You would maybe need to change to Unlisted and post link.  But maybe YouTube took it down completely pretty quick.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3359
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11606 on: January 06, 2024, 05:27:01 PM »

gock

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #11607 on: January 06, 2024, 05:34:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

gock

Mike V vs 4 random gocks.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #11608 on: January 06, 2024, 09:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Awwww, poor little guy. It must be hard…
Thots & prayers for Jah

imagine putting the words "copywriten disorder ...." on an image off a 30 year old video. very original.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 02:55:50 PM by fineslime »

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11609 on: January 06, 2024, 09:56:58 PM »
Mike V has 316(k) followers. Coincidence? Take it from here Bobby