Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1459270 times)

Sondor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #11610 on: January 07, 2024, 12:58:49 AM »
Expand Quote

It was a hassle, but finally I've managed
[close]
Aww, man it’s private. You would maybe need to change to Unlisted and post link.  But maybe YouTube took it down completely pretty quick.

try now

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #11611 on: January 07, 2024, 03:34:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Did Nyjah just invent the goth-jock aesthetic?
[close]

gock

That's what we called the male equivalent for FUPA or gunt...

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11612 on: January 07, 2024, 03:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Did Nyjah just invent the goth-jock aesthetic?
[close]

gock
[close]

That's what we called the male equivalent for FUPA or gunt...

I assure you that’s not what it means now
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11613 on: January 07, 2024, 05:14:26 AM »
I know the Rowley post is kinda old news but I found an old Jenkem interview from years back and he went into his story and reasoning for being vegetarian. Also mentions his first shoe material use was not because he was vegan, or one at all. You guys put your own projections on this guy and the posts from a few pages back are now pretty laughable in hindsight. 

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/10/26/the-geoff-rowley-interview/

Is there anything you personally feel is overlooked or misunderstood about yourself?
Growing up being a vegetarian and what I do now with hunting is difficult for a lot of people to understand because they don’t know my full story. It’s self exploration – if you knew me well you, would know I was into reading books on wild animals and stalking deer when I was 15, 16, 17 years old. My best friend growing up worked for the forestry commission and he influenced my skating more than anybody. He started skating in 1972 and he was also vegetarian when he was younger. Today he shoots and kills lots of deer year round for game management practices in England. He’s a natural outdoorsman and introduced me to predator hunting and calling also.

I became a vegetarian when I was younger mostly for dietary reasons. I was exposed to a load of what now I can see as total propaganda written by somebody with a direct agenda, not based on science or research or anything like that. I stopped eating meat having seen that and I had no one else around to tell me any different. But I felt good and I was growing fine. I was healing from slams and things like that. I didn’t preach, that was my diet and I tried to stick to it.

I did that for many years, but later on, I started to not recover when I really should have been really strong. I was physically fit but I wasn’t recovering from slams. Minor sprains in my muscles, all of a sudden I would be skating for four hours a day and then I would come home and I couldn’t feel my legs for two weeks.

I had a really amazing chiropractor at the time that told me to get my diet analyzed. So I got a full background check, nutrition test, allergy test, all that stuff, and it all came back and I didn’t lack anything. Not one trace. Apparently I was fine, but I still was not feeling good. Something was going on, so I switched up my diet and started eating fish and two weeks later, all of a sudden, those muscle issues started to disappear.

This is me looking at things from both ends, I’m different now, my body at this stage as you grow older requires different things. I’m not going to have diet hold me back from skateboarding. So I started eating fish and it felt good. I recovered from all those muscle injuries and then started eating dairy a little bit again, which felt good as long as I didn’t eat too much of it. Eventually I slowly transitioned into eating a protein based red meat diet, and now I feel stronger, fitter, and healthier than ever. I can skate for longer periods of time now than I could ten years ago, and my muscles function and recover at a faster rate.

What about being vegan? I remember hearing you were vegan for a while?
I wasn’t ever vegan in the ‘real’ sense of the word. I had leather in my car, had leather boots. What really was tough was when vegan started getting labeled on shoes and stuff like that. My initial first shoe used synthetic fabrics because it was more consistent and durable than suede, the material always wore out evenly. That’s why I used that material, because it was better at that point, not because I was vegan.

I’ve been actively shooting photographs and filming people hunting and stuff like that for forever, but I never talked about that much because what’s that have to do with skateboarding? If someone is asking you in an interview about your skateboarding should I say, “actually I’m going to Colorado tomorrow to stay with elderly gentlemen and we’re gonna run dogs in the mountains?” It’s a beautiful thing to see animals that intelligent and that in touch with their environment that they’re able to pursue game with their senses and push themselves physically to the brink of exhaustion. They love it and it shows in their faces, dogs with a strong sense of smell were meant to trail game. I honestly believe you couldn’t run a marathon and get the same kind of exhaustion that you get when you run dogs through high elevations after big predators. You learn so much, it’s a crash course on the whole ecosystem, and I love that. Like skating straight to the deep end of a pool for the first time and then trying to figure out how to get out

That’s Rowley backpedaling though, he was vegan, he was into animal rights because of Ed and that was 100% the reason why he did Synth shoes… and that is what annoys me about him! If you read other interviews from around when his shoe dropped he was talking to it from an animal rights perspective (although he did acknowledge the car seat thing and not being able to avoid animal products in every single situation)
The recovery thing, I guess is what turned him back but as someone mentioned there is ways of doing it (probably harder to do 20 years ago though). Okay so it wasn’t about animal rights, and synth materials skated better huh? Then why didn’t he continue to drop synth models after reverting to eating meat? Idk, you either love him or hate him, I just don’t like the inconsistencies in his reasoning …

But yes, the topic is a bit of dead horse (mountain lion?) at this point so I’m going to personally try to avoid engaging in it in the future
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 03:07:15 PM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #11614 on: January 07, 2024, 07:07:44 AM »
life's a ditch and then you die

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • sup dog
« Reply #11615 on: January 07, 2024, 08:33:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It was a hassle, but finally I've managed
[close]
Aww, man it’s private. You would maybe need to change to Unlisted and post link.  But maybe YouTube took it down completely pretty quick.
[close]

try now
Thanks my dude. It seems like it’s blocked in my country (US) according to the message on the video.

Dang. Thanks for trying though. Appreciate it.

Video unavailable
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11616 on: January 07, 2024, 09:32:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When you read "alchemy" in there you know guy's fried up.
[close]
Clearly somebody has never turned shit into gold.
[close]

This is so good.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
:D
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, that’s a lot of topics and a Q&A to cover in an hour haha
[close]

Maaaaybe more…
[close]

Just imagine waiting patiently for him to get to physical immortality and he only has time for alchemy.

Someone needs to go and screen record this shit. Nobody screen recorded Greg Hunts Covid live stream of all the Mind Field 16mm, at least do this for me
[close]
I did
Should I upload it?
[close]

Hunt had it up as a hard post for a second as Live videos do after you save them. He took it down and made a story that he intended for the video to be impermanent and part of what made it so special is that he didn't plan any of it out, he just played random songs over the footage so that however it lined up was somethingthat couldn't be recreated. I think he also mentioned he asked someone who had uploaded it to take it down for that reason.

With that being said I would love to see it again because it was fucking sick ahahaha.

Yeah, he did it early during lockdown and I asked him DMd him like a man inquiring how I could see it because I was working during the stream and he gave me the same shit.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #11617 on: January 07, 2024, 12:47:05 PM »
RE: that Rowley interview.

Imagine taking medical advice from a chiropractor. Hahaha.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #11618 on: January 07, 2024, 01:53:33 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1uDL8yrGX8/?igsh=MTdjZnJ2YmljeWxhbg==

Anyone else find rodney Mullen genuinely scary? Like fuck he’s on about how much does he slam?

I’d run out the room if someone spoke like this

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 64
  • energy vampire
« Reply #11619 on: January 07, 2024, 02:02:31 PM »
Rodney just sounds emotional, the piano music makes it sound more dramatic. Not a lame post.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #11620 on: January 07, 2024, 05:04:28 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1uDL8yrGX8/?igsh=MTdjZnJ2YmljeWxhbg==

Anyone else find rodney Mullen genuinely scary? Like fuck he’s on about how much does he slam?

I’d run out the room if someone spoke like this

That clip is from the recent Hawk documentary. And personally, I think the Mullen clips are among the best parts of it.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

“Skateboarding is truly amazing. Wearing a helmet while hitting a handrail can kook you for life, but being an antisocial weirdo with mystique can earn you a pass.” -Some guy on SLAP

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 747
« Reply #11621 on: January 07, 2024, 05:48:44 PM »
Despite being a legendary artist, athlete, rich and successful, Rodney is always talking through the pain of having to justify his squandered existence. A little unhealthy, but very compelling.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #11622 on: January 07, 2024, 06:05:41 PM »

Gotta agree, that lept off the screen to me too.

The people I’ve known who end up as chiropractors aren’t doctors in an infinite number of parallel Im universes.

That and the entire “field” is a fraud.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #11623 on: January 07, 2024, 06:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The people I’ve known who end up as chiropractors aren’t doctors in an infinite number of parallel Im universes.

I think it’s funny to see chiropractors working on dogs and cats on IG and am terrified to see them working on toddlers and children

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #11624 on: January 07, 2024, 08:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think it’s funny to see chiropractors working on dogs and cats on IG and am terrified to see them working on toddlers and children

I asked a doctor about chiropractors once. He said something like, “You’ll see all kinds of medical professionals working in a hospital, but you won’t ever see a chiropractor working there.” And that said everything I needed to know.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11625 on: January 07, 2024, 09:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
I know the Rowley post is kinda old news but I found an old Jenkem interview from years back and he went into his story and reasoning for being vegetarian. Also mentions his first shoe material use was not because he was vegan, or one at all. You guys put your own projections on this guy and the posts from a few pages back are now pretty laughable in hindsight. 

Is there anything you personally feel is overlooked or misunderstood about yourself?
Growing up being a vegetarian and what I do now with hunting is difficult for a lot of people to understand because they don’t know my full story. It’s self exploration – if you knew me well you, would know I was into reading books on wild animals and stalking deer when I was 15, 16, 17 years old. My best friend growing up worked for the forestry commission and he influenced my skating more than anybody. He started skating in 1972 and he was also vegetarian when he was younger. Today he shoots and kills lots of deer year round for game management practices in England. He’s a natural outdoorsman and introduced me to predator hunting and calling also.

I became a vegetarian when I was younger mostly for dietary reasons. I was exposed to a load of what now I can see as total propaganda written by somebody with a direct agenda, not based on science or research or anything like that. I stopped eating meat having seen that and I had no one else around to tell me any different. But I felt good and I was growing fine. I was healing from slams and things like that. I didn’t preach, that was my diet and I tried to stick to it.

I did that for many years, but later on, I started to not recover when I really should have been really strong. I was physically fit but I wasn’t recovering from slams. Minor sprains in my muscles, all of a sudden I would be skating for four hours a day and then I would come home and I couldn’t feel my legs for two weeks.

I had a really amazing chiropractor at the time that told me to get my diet analyzed. So I got a full background check, nutrition test, allergy test, all that stuff, and it all came back and I didn’t lack anything. Not one trace. Apparently I was fine, but I still was not feeling good. Something was going on, so I switched up my diet and started eating fish and two weeks later, all of a sudden, those muscle issues started to disappear.

This is me looking at things from both ends, I’m different now, my body at this stage as you grow older requires different things. I’m not going to have diet hold me back from skateboarding. So I started eating fish and it felt good. I recovered from all those muscle injuries and then started eating dairy a little bit again, which felt good as long as I didn’t eat too much of it. Eventually I slowly transitioned into eating a protein based red meat diet, and now I feel stronger, fitter, and healthier than ever. I can skate for longer periods of time now than I could ten years ago, and my muscles function and recover at a faster rate.

I wasn’t ever vegan in the ‘real’ sense of the word. I had leather in my car, had leather boots. What really was tough was when vegan started getting labeled on shoes and stuff like that. My initial first shoe used synthetic fabrics because it was more consistent and durable than suede, the material always wore out evenly. That’s why I used that material, because it was better at that point, not because I was vegan.

I’ve been actively shooting photographs and filming people hunting and stuff like that for forever, but I never talked about that much because what’s that have to do with skateboarding? If someone is asking you in an interview about your skateboarding should I say, “actually I’m going to Colorado tomorrow to stay with elderly gentlemen and we’re gonna run dogs in the mountains?” It’s a beautiful thing to see animals that intelligent and that in touch with their environment that they’re able to pursue game with their senses and push themselves physically to the brink of exhaustion. They love it and it shows in their faces, dogs with a strong sense of smell were meant to trail game. I honestly believe you couldn’t run a marathon and get the same kind of exhaustion that you get when you run dogs through high elevations after big predators. You learn so much, it’s a crash course on the whole ecosystem, and I love that. Like skating straight to the deep end of a pool for the first time and then trying to figure out how to get out

[close]
That’s Rowley backpedaling though, he was vegan, he was into animal rights because of Ed and that was 100% the reason why he did Synth shoes… and that is what annoys me about him! If you read other interviews from around when his shoe dropped he was talking to it from an animal rights perspective (although he did acknowledge the car seat thing and not being able to avoid animal products in every single situation)
The recovery thing, I guess is what turned him back but as someone mentioned there is ways of doing it (probably harder to do 20 years ago though). Okay so it wasn’t about animal rights, and synth materials skated better huh? Then why didn’t he continue to drop synth models after reverting to eating meat? Idk, you either love him or hate him, I just don’t like the inconsistencies in his reasoning …

But yes, the topic is a bit of dead horse (mountain lion?) at this point so I’m going to personally try to avoid engaging in it in the future
Yup, Rowley's been a kook already for a long while.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #11626 on: January 07, 2024, 09:49:07 PM »
While I got a lot of relief from (and understanding of how leveraging my body against itself can provide relief) from a Chiropractor I saw once, I stopped going because the treatment was just never-ending.

And I was in the waiting room once while the Chiropractor and his receptionist were trying to convince an apprehensive female patient to let him adjust her young girl. It was ridiculous, like peer pressuring this mother while the girl clearly didn't want any part of it. I wanted to speak up and remind her that she had every right to say, "No" (and probably should have). That was part of the reason I stopped going.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #11627 on: January 07, 2024, 10:03:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Life is Pain. Life is War. A few months ago my board snapped up and hit the skull on my knee cap and it started bleeding out of his eye. It gave me the idea of making this graphic and embracing the fact that pain is rough but pain is good and makes us stronger. For some of us it can be physical pain and for some of us mental pain. For me l've obviously gone through a ton of physical pain throughout my life but at times I feel the mental as well. Our minds are chaos. We are chaos! We are not perfect. And that's what we stand for at Disorder. What would joy be without pain..
[close]
Awwww, poor little guy. It must be hard…
Thots & prayers for Jah

“Yeah maybe…I’m the only one for me?!”

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #11628 on: January 08, 2024, 07:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Life is Pain. Life is War. A few months ago my board snapped up and hit the skull on my knee cap and it started bleeding out of his eye. It gave me the idea of making this graphic and embracing the fact that pain is rough but pain is good and makes us stronger. For some of us it can be physical pain and for some of us mental pain. For me l've obviously gone through a ton of physical pain throughout my life but at times I feel the mental as well. Our minds are chaos. We are chaos! We are not perfect. And that's what we stand for at Disorder. What would joy be without pain..
[close]
Thots & prayers for Jah
[close]

Nyjah and David Berman are kindred spirits 100%
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

manysnakes

« Reply #11629 on: January 08, 2024, 08:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I actually don't care what Rowley does, but yeah, his explanation is tedious and unnecessary. It is simply fine to be, at ~45, a different person with different interests and beliefs than you had when you were 19. You don't need to backfill it or put the blame on your chiropractor.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 130
« Reply #11630 on: January 08, 2024, 08:22:59 AM »
When Rowley took that first bite of venison, I felt sooo betrayed omg

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #11631 on: January 08, 2024, 01:17:30 PM »
So wait, did anyone sign up for the Steve Olson thing? Did he actually do it?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #11632 on: January 08, 2024, 04:45:47 PM »
he feels the mental as well!

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #11633 on: January 09, 2024, 02:57:43 AM »

Came here to ask the same. Looks like he’s doing another this Saturday too!

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 785
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #11634 on: January 09, 2024, 10:34:48 AM »

All that attended transcended. Of physical realm. Focused ignorance

Bodhisatva Leung is my monk name

nothing's been the since same

thingsthingsthings

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11635 on: January 09, 2024, 10:46:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thots & prayers for Jah
[close]

[close]

Just want to call out how good "thots and prayers" is

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #11636 on: January 09, 2024, 01:03:05 PM »
I like that Jah is doing some goth shit now. He grew up famous, never had a chance to be a stupid little weirdo like the rest of us.

Let the man find himself.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11637 on: January 09, 2024, 05:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Thots & prayers for Jah
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just want to call out how good "thots and prayers" is

One time I saw a guy wearing a shirt that said "FOOD FOR THOT" on the front of it and had an arrow pointing down.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #11638 on: January 09, 2024, 06:35:32 PM »
I like that Jah is doing some goth shit now. He grew up famous, never had a chance to be a stupid little weirdo like the rest of us.

Let the man find himself.

I get you’re half joking, but you’re right.  If you actually think about his whole crazy life (relationship with dad, relationship with fame/money seeking friends, relationship with big rails) its not that surprising he’s emotional.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #11639 on: January 09, 2024, 07:01:17 PM »
With a name like disorder, why wouldn’t you go the d-beat route instead?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year