Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988171 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7440 on: March 17, 2022, 05:21:39 AM »
Bought some Indy Standards yesterday. Aside from a brief Ace Classics trial, this is the first time I've tried a different truck in like ten years.

Only cruised the parking lot and skated flat for a few minutes but right out of the gate they turn really well. Actually had to tighten them a smidge which is generally the opposite problem I have with new trucks. Gonna see once and for all if I should "fuck the rest".

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7441 on: March 17, 2022, 07:13:09 AM »
Normally we hate each other it seems, but have identical truck experiences and preferences. I put cast inverted plates on my ti hangers and am enjoying them. Minus the fucking kingpin coming loose on it’s own.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #7442 on: March 17, 2022, 07:26:59 AM »
Bought some Indy Standards yesterday. Aside from a brief Ace Classics trial, this is the first time I've tried a different truck in like ten years.

Only cruised the parking lot and skated flat for a few minutes but right out of the gate they turn really well. Actually had to tighten them a smidge which is generally the opposite problem I have with new trucks. Gonna see once and for all if I should "fuck the rest".

What swayed you from the thunders? (What do want different?)

Lebowski, haha. Rivals joining forces? Thoughts and prayers

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #7443 on: March 17, 2022, 08:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What swayed you from the thunders? (What do want different?)

Lebowski, haha. Rivals joining forces? Thoughts and prayers

I dunno. Might just be wanderlust, honestly. Sometimes with rougher spots I feel like I could benefit from a truck with a little more meat on it but we'll see how that goes. The praise gets a little hard to ignore so I just wanna see for myself.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7444 on: March 17, 2022, 09:39:24 AM »
I bolted my mid plates to my ti hangers and generally prefer the pop feel, really everything over lower variants maybe even versus the Mids. I might try those again but right now don’t see an advantage. I’m 6 foot 3 and liked Thunders on smaller decks, but don’t skate as fast and confidently on those setups because there just isn’t enough space.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #7445 on: March 17, 2022, 10:43:46 AM »
Some blue indy bushings, Radial Slim Spits (thanks to @FrontsideFrank for the hookup), Pair of Etnies Sheeps, and an Element x Peanuts Adventure shirt for my husband.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #7446 on: March 18, 2022, 11:55:01 AM »
149 forged ti indys. surprised by how light they are.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #7447 on: March 21, 2022, 02:49:27 AM »
Got a Real 8.5 full that I’m excited about. Also grabbed a shop shirt, hoodie, and beenie. I decided all my new T Shirt purchases from here on out are going to be shop shirts. I’m weird.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #7448 on: March 21, 2022, 05:30:58 AM »
Got a Real 8.5 full that I’m excited about. Also grabbed a shop shirt, hoodie, and beenie. I decided all my new T Shirt purchases from here on out are going to be shop shirts. I’m weird.

Nice, I had a full 8.5 Ishod and loved it.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7449 on: March 21, 2022, 06:40:54 PM »
don't know if i'm allowed to post here really, cause they haven't arrived yet.
ace classic 44, the type with the red baseplate
polar p2, i don't remember the graphic
conical satori 101a 54mm
soft thunder bushings, soft bones bushings
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7450 on: March 21, 2022, 06:46:28 PM »
conical satori 101a 54mm

Love the P2 shape, that's what I'm riding now.

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #7451 on: March 21, 2022, 07:02:15 PM »
2nd pair of Evants for $50 cdn from the locals "last pairs" sale (Black and gum) and a Nike Sb shirt for my son who once he hit grade 9 started to care about brands (and talks ish on his basketball playing little brother for wearing UnderArmor).
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

realbasedgod112

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7452 on: March 21, 2022, 09:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
conical satori 101a 54mm
[close]

how much does the square nose and tail impact how it skates? i've only been on popsicles for a while, but wanted a change.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7453 on: March 21, 2022, 09:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
conical satori 101a 54mm
[close]

[close]
how much does the square nose and tail impact how it skates? i've only been on popsicles for a while, but wanted a change.

Personally I prefer it, the nose especially. The P2 feels way more balanced than the FA/hockey or Quasi shapes that are similar. Might be an adjustment coming from popsicles but I feel like the nose is super forgiving for kickflips and heelflips.

realbasedgod112

« Reply #7454 on: March 22, 2022, 02:55:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
conical satori 101a 54mm
[close]

[close]
[close]

Personally I prefer it, the nose especially. The P2 feels way more balanced than the FA/hockey or Quasi shapes that are similar. Might be an adjustment coming from popsicles but I feel like the nose is super forgiving for kickflips and heelflips.
everything came in today, i can only agree with you though it might be wheelbase impacting it too.
i will now proceed to post images of what i obtained:

definitely don't regret either of the purchases. even not broken in the aces feel nice, and the satoris are pleasantly slick without sacrificing too much grip.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #7455 on: March 22, 2022, 06:02:46 AM »
I'm liking the P2 a lot too, not as steep in the nose as FA/Hockey and since it tapers a bit it fits Ace 44s better that regular 8.5 shapes
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #7456 on: March 22, 2022, 06:04:33 AM »
My most recent purchase was Emerica Gamma G6, which was more sharply pointed than I imagined and feeling a bit tighter than I hoped, but will probably loosen after a bit of breaking in. I feel the shape and fit is actually quite similar to the Bruin Reacts I'm currently skating
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7457 on: March 22, 2022, 06:55:50 AM »
Bought some 3/8 titanium flat washers, and some orange Permatex thread locker.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7458 on: March 22, 2022, 08:03:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
conical satori 101a 54mm
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
everything came in today, i can only agree with you though it might be wheelbase impacting it too.
i will now proceed to post images of what i obtained:

definitely don't regret either of the purchases. even not broken in the aces feel nice, and the satoris are pleasantly slick without sacrificing too much grip.

Saw the board over in the set up thread, looks great. should be fun.

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7459 on: March 22, 2022, 08:14:42 AM »

SNOOPY!!!  :D

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7460 on: March 22, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »

First pair of Emericas since skating the Fat Laced in 2009. Curious to see if the poured in G6 midsole will help with a back injury I’ve been carrying around for a while. Got the G6 insoles too, but they’re a bit angled and might not work with this shoe

Thunder 148 titanium lights for when I retire my current trucks that just hit axle. It might be another couple months
fuck you bama

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #7461 on: March 22, 2022, 02:16:59 PM »

First pair of Emericas since skating the Fat Laced in 2009. Curious to see if the poured in G6 midsole will help with a back injury I’ve been carrying around for a while. Got the G6 insoles too, but they’re a bit angled and might not work with this shoe

Thunder 148 titanium lights for when I retire my current trucks that just hit axle. It might be another couple months

How thick is the g6 insole in the heel area? How much higher does it lift your foot say compared to a nike zoom insole or something similar?

https://www.tactics.com/emerica/g6-foam-insoles/green
https://www.tactics.com/es/sti-energy-foam-insoles/red

I also wonder how different it is from the es sti energy insoles. Seeing their both sole tech, possibly the same thing just different marketing?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7462 on: March 22, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
@EmericaTM can confirm but I think he wrote in the shoe thread that G6 is not STI or anything other Soletech companies use. Curious to see how they work as I feel I wish my Pop Cush insoles were a bit lower, but I also don't need what Footprint and serious orthotics offer.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7463 on: March 22, 2022, 03:57:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How thick is the g6 insole in the heel area? How much higher does it lift your foot say compared to a nike zoom insole or something similar?

https://www.tactics.com/emerica/g6-foam-insoles/green
https://www.tactics.com/es/sti-energy-foam-insoles/red

I also wonder how different it is from the es sti energy insoles. Seeing their both sole tech, possibly the same thing just different marketing?
it’s enough that it’s noticeable. I wore them around with the shoes laced up and it kind of helped with the feeling of my feet sliding forward
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 05:02:20 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7464 on: March 22, 2022, 05:58:04 PM »
Be interested to hear updates on the back. I’ve been skating a little bit, mostly in some era’s, my back feels cooked. I am very old, out of shape, do not stretch, only skate flatground. Lots of things I could do, like lose some weight, stretch, etc. fuck that. If these insoles work I’m buying.
Titanium lights…those seem like a great time

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #7465 on: March 22, 2022, 08:51:01 PM »
Be interested to hear updates on the back. I’ve been skating a little bit, mostly in some era’s, my back feels cooked. I am very old, out of shape, do not stretch, only skate flatground. Lots of things I could do, like lose some weight, stretch, etc. fuck that. If these insoles work I’m buying.
The only way I can enjoy exercising is by skating as hard as I can. Can’t do that when my back is hurting. I’m currently using an ab-wheel and a kettle bell to work on my core, but I don’t really work out. I might change that up too though

So far the Tiago shoe is the perfect shoe for me. With NB coming out with a second Tiago shoe there’s a chance the 1010 gets fazed out eventually. I got the Emericas to try out the G6 midsole to see if it’ll work for me. My understanding of skate shoe tech is that a midsole is more important than an insole, but you can pair them together
fuck you bama

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7466 on: March 22, 2022, 09:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The only way I can enjoy exercising is by skating as hard as I can. Can’t do that when my back is hurting. I’m currently using an ab-wheel and a kettle bell to work on my core, but I don’t really work out. I might change that up too though

So far the Tiago shoe is the perfect shoe for me. With NB coming out with a second Tiago shoe there’s a chance the 1010 gets fazed out eventually. I got the Emericas to try out the G6 midsole to see if it’ll work for me. My understanding of skate shoe tech is that a midsole is more important than an insole, but you can pair them together

I’ve been on the 1010 train, but couldn’t leave well enough alone and now I like skating in vulcs again. So dumb. The ‘logic’ is that a less structured shoe helps me stay up on the balls of my feet, better grip/flick, and because my feet are less protected I can’t skate as long and just pound myself into dust trying 350 really shitty kickflips per session. Dumb.
My understanding is that your understanding is accurate: midsole is more important.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #7467 on: March 22, 2022, 11:42:49 PM »
Expand Quote

Got a magenta deck on sale.
7.875/31.25/14
Never tried them before and hope they are like Polar, coz it is also a bbs.
[close]

Should be good - usually a bit flatter through the middle with fairly normal kicks.

Guessing they are all back to the brown stain now as well, which is the usual, rather than whatever they were on for a minute when they couldn't get BBS wood.
I haven thought about this but now i ordered another magenta - the jameel douglas guest board from the previous drop and the bottom is brown. Also looking through the new collection all of the graphics are on brown, too.

Dimitrov

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7468 on: March 23, 2022, 04:13:49 AM »
Bobby worrest twin tail slick 8.3

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #7469 on: March 23, 2022, 07:49:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Got a magenta deck on sale.
7.875/31.25/14
Never tried them before and hope they are like Polar, coz it is also a bbs.
[close]

Should be good - usually a bit flatter through the middle with fairly normal kicks.

Guessing they are all back to the brown stain now as well, which is the usual, rather than whatever they were on for a minute when they couldn't get BBS wood.
[close]
I haven thought about this but now i ordered another magenta - the jameel douglas guest board from the previous drop and the bottom is brown. Also looking through the new collection all of the graphics are on brown, too.

Yes, between Passport and Magenta, they love their brown wood stains, which are almost like their trademark colourway for their boards.

I think I read about it somewhere but cannot recall right now where or what was said, just that it was interesting and a little funny - not at all a serious answer really.