Author Topic: Valley Skateboards  (Read 5541 times)

Fasttimes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Valley Skateboards
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2024, 11:00:54 PM »
Skateboarding didn't need a Henry Rollins.

Everything could use a henry rollins. But nothing needs a mike Vallely, you can't play for play copy someone's else's ideas and come across as genuine. Innately people get a vibe. DRIVE was just his version of Get in the Van. And rollins copied that from an idea if Hemingway had sex with Henry Miller and had a baby. Everything is copied to some extent but you can't blatantly reuse ideas and expect to be genuine.

ALSO, I GUARANTEE WHEN MISFITS DID WCW (SAME TIME VALLELY DID 'STUNTS') THERE WAS AN INKLING HE WOULD BE ON TV WRASTLING WITH SAID BRANDED SKATEBOARD.

Fasttimes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Valley Skateboards
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2024, 11:05:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Skateboarding didn't need a Henry Rollins.
[close]

Everything could use a henry rollins. But nothing needs a mike Vallely, you can't play for play copy someone's else's ideas and come across as genuine. Innately people get a vibe. DRIVE was just his version of Get in the Van. And rollins copied that from an idea if Hemingway had sex with Henry Miller and had a baby. Everything is copied to some extent but you can't blatantly reuse ideas and expect to be genuine.

ALSO, I GUARANTEE WHEN MISFITS DID WCW (SAME TIME VALLELY DID 'STUNTS') THERE WAS AN INKLING HE WOULD BE ON TV WRASTLING WITH SAID BRANDED SKATEBOARD.

I get he needs to make money. But he is more of a Greg Ginn than a rolljns really. Right  now he has jacket on with sunglasses looking for the fasttimes, in the phonebook.(terminator reference).

I met rollins and Vallely personally. There is no comparison. Rollins is real. Vallely needs to take your money and essentially Templeton's too. Tv and television were same brand but one didn't have Vallely taking all the cake.