Author Topic: Valley Skateboards  (Read 5609 times)

Tabletop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -70
Re: Valley Skateboards
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2024, 07:57:48 AM »
I’m very confused.

Skatebrain

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2024, 08:00:14 PM »
I’m just guessing but he seems to be doing more with Black Flag.street plant may be done.  I have not it seen many in the wild.   Sounds like he might try to pull a lance type gig, where he does like a 100 limited release type board and sells them at a higher price.  Problem is he ain’t lance mountain. 

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2024, 09:32:43 PM »
Guessing it's gonna be a brand handled by a distributor with cheaper manufacture focused on reissue graphics, taking his graphics off Powell to try & get his hands on that Powell money.  But without the Powell logo, it loses its attraction except for the dork ass sycophants pouring their salaries into this dogshit to go alongside their Gator collection.
I'd assume Street Plant would be still going, but I agree it's probably lost it's novelty factor and the dude just wants to fuck off doin' (it) his dipshit blogs.  And i'm sure his family are jack of it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:45:48 PM by radcunt »

thehogsniper

• Rep: 46
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2024, 10:12:42 PM »
He should go back to Element
Element is out of the hardgood business, they're not going to make making boards pretty soon.
Guessing it's gonna be a brand handled by a distributor with cheaper manufacture focused on reissue graphics, taking his graphics off Powell to try & get his hands on that Powell money.  But without the Powell logo, it loses its attraction except for the dork ass sycophants pouring their salaries into this dogshit to go alongside their Gator collection.
I'd assume Street Plant would be still going, but I agree it's probably lost it's novelty factor and the dude just wants to fuck off doin' (it) his dipshit blogs.  And i'm sure his family are jack of it.
could see him trying to get that brand into walmart and costco. he's using the same artist as street plant, I'm sure it's just the same thing with a rebrand. I mean street plant hasn't done anything in a long time. guy is constantly on the road with black flag, has 20 dates in 25 days in august. I really don't see how this can be healthy mentally or physically for a man in his early 50s, especially with his history.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2024, 10:32:31 PM »
when has street plant done anything other than releasing kristian svitak’s “kill the kool” video part

thehogsniper

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2024, 10:46:36 PM »
when has street plant done anything other than releasing kristian svitak’s “kill the kool” video part
fat gonz

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2024, 11:30:26 PM »
how has mike v not gone bankrupt
That Cariuma pro model must be paying big time boiiii
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 743
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2024, 12:57:49 AM »
I wonder how long it will take Mike V to end up along side Doug Brown on the Midwestern middle school motivational speaker circuit?   
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2024, 03:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
how has mike v not gone bankrupt
[close]
That Cariuma pro model must be paying big time boiiii

Probably getting like 3.50 an hour M-F

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2024, 05:19:19 AM »
Get up off your knees
And start some LLC’s
That’s doin’ it

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 103
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2024, 05:19:23 AM »
Street plant almost made Mike cool again then he blew it.
Cocteau Twins

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2024, 05:25:55 AM »

Michael V needs to stop - it’s been going downhill since before the awful Label Kills part.  Dude makes it embarrassing to be a skateboarder.

231st Street

• Rep: -210
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2024, 07:28:47 AM »
I love Mike V. I'm so tempted to post some of the poems from his poetry book which I have. There are some really incredible pieces in there devoted to all the skaters and experiences he loves.  Am I really the only one that has it?  Its called Natas on my mind.

Here is "The First Push":

The first push
Consciousness
The asphalt passing underneath me
The infancy of my education
Absorbing all with no attachment
Like the firstborn man
Conforming to nobody
The meeting of the heavens and concrete
I will linger long in this moment
And I will return to loiter here
for the rest of my days

This one was short so I post under fair use for review purposes.  There are some awesome bangers in there-- may favorite being an ode to DIYs called "A Ramp in the Woods" which actually made me cry.  Hes also got tributes to Hawk, Natas, Gonz, Jamie Thomas, Lance Mountain, Jay Adams, Mullen, etc in there.  Honestly everyone here should buy it if you can find a copy.

I am perplexed on the apparent Street Plant wind down as I do think based on some of the facebook groups for old skaters I'm in that street plant had some traction. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:47:01 AM by 231st Street »

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2024, 07:54:05 AM »
Street plant almost made Mike cool again then he blew it.
I’ve said this before but I’m still very pissed that every vintage demotape got removed from Street Plant’s channel.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2024, 08:23:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Element is out of the hardgood business, they're not going to make making boards pretty soon.

had a homie who was riding for element, even had a part ESP Vol 2, and they just cut him the other day. truly came out of nowhere since they had been featuring him in a lot of things recently so hearing this makes me wonder if they are going to cut the rest of the team besides, and hopefully not, Westgate
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2024, 09:18:17 AM »
By The Sword
Elephant
Street Plant
Vallely

all since 2010

I'm guessing since he's doing Street plant out of his home, he has the infrastructure to produce his own "powell" board.
Don't know if that will make a difference to the demographic who were buying it to begin with.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2024, 11:00:46 AM »
street plant is still a thing and still releases boards with Mike V's name on it, why even leave Powell again in the first place, fuck it just have 3 different companies putting your boards out, who would even notice (other than us)
Ding ding ding!
https://farmhouseindustriesllc.com/
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2024, 12:07:22 PM »
I have to disassociate that his public domain and rubbish heap parts are the same person as this narcissistic dweeb, it hurts inside to see him gone so wrong. 
Naming a brand after yourself is also a very classy move.

thehogsniper

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2024, 12:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

had a homie who was riding for element, even had a part ESP Vol 2, and they just cut him the other day. truly came out of nowhere since they had been featuring him in a lot of things recently so hearing this makes me wonder if they are going to cut the rest of the team besides, and hopefully not, Westgate
this is what ABG does, they cut everything and everyone that doesn't make them more money.
I wonder how long it will take Mike V to end up along side Doug Brown on the Midwestern middle school motivational speaker circuit?   
according to his daughter, he's moved out to des moines, iowa.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2024, 04:23:05 PM »
I’m just guessing but he seems to be doing more with Black Flag.street plant may be done.  I have not it seen many in the wild.   Sounds like he might try to pull a lance type gig, where he does like a 100 limited release type board and sells them at a higher price. Problem is he ain’t lance mountain.

he is for sure much more lame than Lance but he definitely has more than enough of a fanbase for that style of business to work well for him

I love Mike V. I'm so tempted to post some of the poems from his poetry book which I have. There are some really incredible pieces in there devoted to all the skaters and experiences he loves.  Am I really the only one that has it?  Its called Natas on my mind.

The first push
Consciousness
Like the firstborn man
Conforming to nobody
for the rest of my days

This one was short so I post under fair use for review purposes.  There are some awesome bangers in there-- may favorite being an ode to DIYs called "A Ramp in the Woods" which actually made me cry.  Hes also got tributes to Hawk, Natas, Gonz, Jamie Thomas, Lance Mountain, Jay Adams, Mullen, etc in there.  Honestly everyone here should buy it if you can find a copy.

I am perplexed on the apparent Street Plant wind down as I do think based on some of the facebook groups for old skaters I'm in that street plant had some traction. 

Art is subjective so I don't want to keep you from continuing to enjoy what you already enjoy but from my perspective that poem is not good lol. It's not horrendous but it's also approximately on par with the majority of the poems I heard from other students when I took poetry 101 in freshman year of college. Also the fact that you've only seen interest in Street Plant from old folks on Facebook would indicate to me that Street Plant does not have much traction. How many Street Plant boards have you ever seen being skated? I have only ever seen one (it was given to me by someone who wasn't interested in skating it anymore lol)

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 116
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2024, 04:51:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Mike V starting yet another company. Wonder if he’ll be using same art direction as the original Vallely Skateboards company. Also no more future Powell boards.

https://www.instagram.com/vallelyskateboards?igsh=MTB2eDdjZDc1YnZyaA==
[close]

The Vallely elephant tusk bloard will go perfect with my new lightning bolt socks.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5auXIxp_xA/?igsh=bTB0NXp5M2ozOGZs

That’s doin’ it

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2024, 05:44:28 PM »
Didn’t he already have Vallely skateboards (out of Black Label) in like 1999, or 2000 or something? Then went back to just being on Black Label

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2024, 06:55:32 PM »
Didn’t he already have Vallely skateboards (out of Black Label) in like 1999, or 2000 or something? Then went back to just being on Black Label

2024 is all bout re-doin it

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2024, 09:44:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m just guessing but he seems to be doing more with Black Flag.street plant may be done.  I have not it seen many in the wild.   Sounds like he might try to pull a lance type gig, where he does like a 100 limited release type board and sells them at a higher price. Problem is he ain’t lance mountain.
[close]

he is for sure much more lame than Lance but he definitely has more than enough of a fanbase for that style of business to work well for him

Expand Quote

The first push
Consciousness
Like the firstborn man
Conforming to nobody
for the rest of my days

[close]

Art is subjective so I don't want to keep you from continuing to enjoy what you already enjoy but from my perspective that poem is not good lol. It's not horrendous but it's also approximately on par with the majority of the poems I heard from other students when I took poetry 101 in freshman year of college. Also the fact that you've only seen interest in Street Plant from old folks on Facebook would indicate to me that Street Plant does not have much traction. How many Street Plant boards have you ever seen being skated? I have only ever seen one (it was given to me by someone who wasn't interested in skating it anymore lol)

I wanted a Jumbo Gonz from Street Plant, but they only made a small batch. Other less popular decks have been up on his site for years. It seems strange to commission an artist, create and test a unique shape and concave, just to produce such a small run that it sells out in days. Maybe he's swimming in cash.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2024, 02:35:57 AM »
You guys notice that post is gone? Maybe he’s not doin it?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2024, 02:55:18 AM »
You guys notice that post is gone? Maybe he’s not doin it?

broomed it off the ig

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2024, 03:00:52 AM »
There was def a Vallely skateboards at that time. A friend had a Stefan attardo pro board. Not sure if he went back to BL tho. When was that by the sword or elephant?

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2024, 03:09:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There was def a Vallely skateboards at that time. A friend had a Stefan attardo pro board. Not sure if he went back to BL tho. When was that by the sword or elephant?

thps4 mike v character has vallely skateboards decks. i remember reading about it on skately too. company was around for a year or two, according to aos they put out boards in 2002 and 2003. think it was element after that until 2010, then he did by the sword for 6 months, went back to powell for a year or two, started elephant in about 2012, that fell through after about a year as well, went back to powell, quit again, started street plant in 2014 or 2015, got kinda back on powell in the meantime, quit again just now and brought back vallely but that seems to have folded already too.

roba

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2024, 03:11:27 AM »
powell seems kinda like a domestic abusee girlfriend with abandonment issues in this relationship

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2024, 06:00:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

thps4 mike v character has vallely skateboards decks. i remember reading about it on skately too. company was around for a year or two, according to aos they put out boards in 2002 and 2003. think it was element after that until 2010, then he did by the sword for 6 months, went back to powell for a year or two, started elephant in about 2012, that fell through after about a year as well, went back to powell, quit again, started street plant in 2014 or 2015, got kinda back on powell in the meantime, quit again just now and brought back vallely but that seems to have folded already too.

wasn't he on black label somewhere between that, or was that before?