Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187013 times)

adi518

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1050 on: September 14, 2022, 02:33:31 PM »
I was at the store today and tried the exact same shoe on my left foot again and it was even worse, despite the white patch being higher this time. I guess it isn't that or the shoe. Something about my foot. Tried a 10 and no issue other than being a bit too big.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1051 on: September 17, 2022, 07:57:57 AM »
Does anyone know if they reply to insta dm's? I'm pretty annoyed at the quality of the canvas pair I got. Foxing split after two short walks. Now the canvas is tearing. Never skated them.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 860
« Reply #1052 on: September 17, 2022, 08:09:50 AM »
Does anyone know if they reply to insta dm's? I'm pretty annoyed at the quality of the canvas pair I got. Foxing split after two short walks. Now the canvas is tearing. Never skated them.
That's probably enough for you to return them to place of purchase.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1053 on: September 17, 2022, 08:15:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's probably enough for you to return them to place of purchase.
yeah that's the way to go. unless you bought them directly from them, i'd contact the seller/shop you bought from first. they will have a protocol for defects like this. companies aren't really going through their social media to settle complaints. i know dlx does, but i wouldn't expect it to work. they also can't possibly answer to all dms. the shop will also have more leverage then you to get a quick refund. contact the shop before you contact lrab.

EDIT:
fwiw i've worn my canvas pair to work and skated it lightly a few times, there's something wrong with your pair for sure. mine are dirty and do the hard edges flaking off thing still, but foxing and canvas are still very intact, you can't even really see i skated a few hours in them.

adi518

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1054 on: September 17, 2022, 09:06:46 AM »
I ended up getting VM002 as well and they didn't have the previous issue, but I picked up some ripndip thick socks, and it made a significant difference in how sung the fit is. I did give the left shoe from the first pair to the local shoemaker and he will place a suede patch at the back of it, to make the scratchiness go away and more sung.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1055 on: September 21, 2022, 06:03:01 AM »
Cups are mid 2023

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #1056 on: September 21, 2022, 09:40:17 AM »

Lurkey

• Rep: 16
  • LA fool
« Reply #1057 on: September 22, 2022, 10:14:14 AM »
Do the suede VM003 have a pretty similar feel to the VM001?

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1058 on: September 27, 2022, 09:01:32 AM »
Drop 8 releases this Friday

Escape the rat race - Drop 8 is out this friday in EU/UK/US/AUS.
-
Mango turning his back on office hours. @oilychris_9 photo: @krisburkhardt
#lastresortab
#breakfree
@lastresortab

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1059 on: September 27, 2022, 09:26:54 AM »
From the comments re: new insole. "updated" but not sure if it's that fully removable one they were teasing a little while ago

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1060 on: September 27, 2022, 09:58:31 AM »

Expand Quote
-
#lastresortab
#breakfree
@lastresortab
[close]

niiiiiice. as far as new shoes go I wonder if this drop includes the milic's or just the VM003 hi's

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1061 on: September 27, 2022, 12:22:25 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
-
#lastresortab
#breakfree
@lastresortab
[close]
[close]

niiiiiice. as far as new shoes go I wonder if this drop includes the milic's or just the VM003 hi's
also in the comments: Milic will be in drop 10

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #1062 on: September 27, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
nice, thanks for tha info @kneebone

Chronic85

« Reply #1063 on: September 28, 2022, 01:10:31 AM »
From the comments re: new insole. "updated" but not sure if it's that fully removable one they were teasing a little while ago

I already got the dark brown 003 hi's since my local had them for a week now instore. Dunno why they got shipped earlier than the rest of drop 8.

The insole is still glued in but its definitely much easier to pull them out now. I didnt had any residues in the shoe and the insole came out without being destroyed.
Don't know if the insole is "updated".
It's still a bad insole so i switch it out for my reminds.

diplodocus

• Rep: 159
  • long neck
« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2022, 09:39:53 AM »
Do the suede VM003 have a pretty similar feel to the VM001?

Idk why but the flick on my 003 feels better than my 001. At least right out of the box. The 001 midsole is so fucking grippy. might have to do with the higher foxing tape

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2022, 10:51:16 AM »
For those wondering the difference between new insole/updated insole etc, they posted quite a bit about this and other updates in a recent email…

“However...if you're interested to hear what improvements we've done, here goes:
• INSOLE - A comment we hear is that the cushioning could be better. Starting from Drop 8 we will change the foam density in our existing models to a stiffer, more cushioned version, twice as dense as the original insole. We feel it still qualifies within the "feel great straight out the box" category, without losing the close-to-the-board sensation we're fond of. Starting from Drop 10 we will change all insoles throughout the collection to a brand new version.
• GLUE - Many people prefer to use their own insoles, so as a compromise we've changed the method of fastening the insoles in our shoes to using a softer glue, which makes it easier to rip out (still at your own risk!)
• OUTSOLE - Our shoe uppers are banging! which makes it a bit unfair to our outsole since it wears out faster. To even out this equation we've changed the compound in our outsoles to better withstand abrasion, carefully not to lose the flex and grip we need. Effective on all models.”

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #1066 on: September 28, 2022, 11:03:18 AM »
For those wondering the difference between new insole/updated insole etc, they posted quite a bit about this and other updates in a recent email…

“However...if you're interested to hear what improvements we've done, here goes:
• INSOLE - A comment we hear is that the cushioning could be better. Starting from Drop 8 we will change the foam density in our existing models to a stiffer, more cushioned version, twice as dense as the original insole. We feel it still qualifies within the "feel great straight out the box" category, without losing the close-to-the-board sensation we're fond of. Starting from Drop 10 we will change all insoles throughout the collection to a brand new version.
• GLUE - Many people prefer to use their own insoles, so as a compromise we've changed the method of fastening the insoles in our shoes to using a softer glue, which makes it easier to rip out (still at your own risk!)
• OUTSOLE - Our shoe uppers are banging! which makes it a bit unfair to our outsole since it wears out faster. To even out this equation we've changed the compound in our outsoles to better withstand abrasion, carefully not to lose the flex and grip we need. Effective on all models.”
pretty neat to see that they listen/respond to feedback and make improvements. haven't skated my VM001's yet as I have other shoes to burn through, but I do have high hopes for them and looking forward to the future drops. especially those VM003 highs

thehogsniper

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1067 on: September 28, 2022, 12:30:48 PM »

Its good to hear they're making positive changes, but we'll have to see how these work out. The only aspect that is somewhat annoying is the insole still being glued. It's not a huge issue, but I don't exactly understand why it's necessary to glue them down still. Maybe there is good reasoning, but Nike, Adidas, Vans Skate line (among others) all have a removable insole typically as standard.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1068 on: September 28, 2022, 01:15:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Its good to hear they're making positive changes, but we'll have to see how these work out. The only aspect that is somewhat annoying is the insole still being glued. It's not a huge issue, but I don't exactly understand why it's necessary to glue them down still. Maybe there is good reasoning, but Nike, Adidas, Vans Skate line (among others) all have a removable insole typically as standard.
Well they are changing to a removable in drop 10. My guess is they already went into production on 8 and 9 months ago and it was easier to change the glue they used and density of the same insole than to go without the glue on their current insole (which seems to be similar shape even with minor foam adjustment). The type of insole they have now (floppy and thin) I imagine wouldn't stay in place too well if not glued in. I think this is a pretty good half way meeting place until they roll out the removable revamped insoles.

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1069 on: September 29, 2022, 03:30:06 AM »

Whot, I'm in

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1070 on: September 29, 2022, 03:45:09 AM »
Please Pontus don't make the loafers!! They really do look like something form Zara.

Jacorpes

• Rep: 9
« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2022, 04:21:30 AM »

Whot, I'm in

This would make a great Ludvig pro model

thehogsniper

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2022, 05:45:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Well they are changing to a removable in drop 10. My guess is they already went into production on 8 and 9 months ago and it was easier to change the glue they used and density of the same insole than to go without the glue on their current insole (which seems to be similar shape even with minor foam adjustment). The type of insole they have now (floppy and thin) I imagine wouldn't stay in place too well if not glued in. I think this is a pretty good half way meeting place until they roll out the removable revamped insoles.
From what my local shop told me, I was under the impression this was supposed to be the removable insole drop. Kind of odd but who knows.

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2022, 06:21:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
From what my local shop told me, I was under the impression this was supposed to be the removable insole drop. Kind of odd but who knows.
I'd say that Pontus, the guy who wrote out all that info above and owns LRAB, knows.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »

Whot, I'm in

Hours Is Yours punching the air right now lol

I wonder if this means LRAB is going to make a lifestyle line. I'm sure those tassel loafers are skateable but they'll look horrible when you do.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1075 on: September 29, 2022, 01:32:41 PM »
I'm hoping those loafers are just a one-off for Pontus to wear to orgies as no company ever needs to make a skate loafer ever again please.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2022, 02:18:52 PM »
Expand Quote

Whot, I'm in
[close]

This would make a great Ludvig pro model

I kind of fuck with these. It's a good take on skateble slip-on but my absolute pet peeve is seeing glue stains. It instantly makes them look really cheap

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1077 on: September 29, 2022, 02:31:02 PM »
I'm hoping those loafers are just a one-off for Pontus to wear to orgies as no company ever needs to make a skate loafer ever again please.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1078 on: September 29, 2022, 04:54:43 PM »
This has probably been asked/answered but do we know if the VM003s fit like the 001s? I normally wear 11.5 in Vans and such, but size down to 11 in LRAB and Cons vulc models thus far.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1079 on: September 29, 2022, 06:49:09 PM »
This has probably been asked/answered but do we know if the VM003s fit like the 001s? I normally wear 11.5 in Vans and such, but size down to 11 in LRAB and Cons vulc models thus far.

I would say go with the 11 for VM003.