Author Topic: Sheckler strikes back?  (Read 81466 times)

tag_king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sheckler strikes back?
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
I just got done reading the interview. All I can say is wow ::) He calls out JT and the catches himself before it goes any further. 

how so??

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
yeah post that shit up so we can all add another reason to hate that kickflip grabbing kookshit
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

beeda weeda

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »
shex got the cover of j-14, transworld skateboarding, and transworld motocross, all in one month.
post that interview, I want this douchebag to shut me up.

fast!

• Rep: 7
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2008, 01:06:04 PM »
this is my year to shut alot of people up"

$5 says hes getting STFU tattooed across his chest

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »
I just got done reading the interview. All I can say is wow ::) He calls out JT and the catches himself before it goes any further. 

C'mon now, detalis.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
Calling out fellow (more respected pro's), now that's a way to make friends
Jamie; it's allowed to use the knuckle ring if you want to hit him

Mushabobby

• Rep: 0
  • One Percent
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »
I'm going to Cali for spring break.  My friend bet me $100 that if we for some reason see Sheckler he will punch him in the face.  Somebody please tell me where he's gonna be from Feb. 29 - Mar. 8.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
yeah post that shit up so we can all add another reason to hate that kickflip grabbing kookshit

skatemore,man

« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2008, 02:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Sheckler is lame, we all know this..

But come on, who here is going to fuck-off looking at the issue just because Sheckler has the cover/interview. You think the people at TWS think the readers were going to be stoked on the Shecky coverage, I don't think so. It just stirs up some controversy and personally, I find it interesting. By the way, the fact that Goemann has an interview makes the magazine worth while alone.

We all know Shecky's interview will be great for a good laugh, and there will be some cool content in the mag as well, like always.
[close]

no, you guys magazine has sucked for years. you put out an issue or two with "good content" a year but mostly its absolute shit.

that's the truth. the last issue i read of transworld was two or three years ago and the editors commentary at the beginning was a weak tirade about how "we're Skateboarders" and "we're different" than everybody else and we need to make everyone know it. Come on now, propagating the mantra of BUY OUR PRODUCT is stupid, like the all the content of just about every transworld mag i've ever looked at. I ended up sending an email to whitely ranting about how transworld sucks and it went up in the SLAP in box section.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
I think he knows the interview won't shut people up. The little kids and teeny boppers who like him anyway will be all hyped and think he "shut the haters up," but nobody will forgive him. Skateboarding doesn't forgive, ever. I bet half the people who hate guys like Andy Mac don't even know why. Once you are categorized as lame in skateboarding, there is almost never any way to redeem yourself. Maybe he hopes the photos/ footage he gets will stop people from just saying he is a park/contest skater? If that is the case then it still doesn't matter, and he clearly misses the point.

And on that jealousy shit, so many pros have it made, have a better life than me, and are better at skateboarding than I could ever dream to be, and I still like them. As the years go on more and more are younger than me, if its jealousy, why don't I hate them?
Hating on Jamie Thomas? Are you fucking kidding me? I'm sure Jamie will be all classy about it, but the rest of us think the kid is scum.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

truthbetold

• Rep: 3
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2008, 04:26:01 PM »

Ok here it is. Its a three part question and I am not writing it all down. The first part is "Why do you think these dudes hate on you specifically?"  "I don't Know" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Second Part "Why do you feel that you are hated by the core base of skateboarding? You have been singled out point blank." BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. "I think a lot of people will be quieted down after my Plan B part."

TWS: Okay, but what I am getting from what I see is that a lot of people feel the general public is seeing a side of skateboarding in the show that they don't believe truly represents them.

RS: Well, how else do they want to see it? Do they want to see Jamie Thomas with a show? Come on thats ridiculous! You gotta put some flavor in there  and it just so happens that....(pause)...
I get so worked up talking about the show because I deal with shit talking all day long. Look, its fun for me, and it has not hampered my skateboarding whatsoever. People can talk shit. I am not the person to tell them to stop.I just the person who is going to try to change there mind by showing them through action. And if they don't change, then thats another hater, and my haters talk about me more than my fans do, so thats fine.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
RS: Well, how else do they want to see it? Do they want to see Jamie Thomas with a show? Come on thats ridiculous! You gotta put some flavor in there  and it just so happens that....(pause)...

actually, a jamie thomas show would be interesting. the man runs and distributes several companies along with their associated projects (e.g. videos), skates professionally and damn progressive at that, and he's a family man. there's a lot going on there and at least jamie won't be an embarrassment to the skateboarding community.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1584
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »
They should  have a Jamie Thomas message board tour where he comes to our houses and makes us feel uncomfortable....

next best thing since to catch a predator....

Rowley_is_King

• Rep: 0
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
i wonder if his dad coached him through that interview

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »
He's right the show hasn't affected his skating at all.  Most people continue to ignore it just like they did before the show except even less pity/curiosity views because he doesn't get kiddy points any more.

Acting like he is isn't helping except maybe with teenage girls, parents and little kids though.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »
RS: Well, how else do they want to see it? Do they want to see Jamie Thomas with a show? Come on thats ridiculous! You gotta put some flavor in there  and it just so happens that....(pause)...(looks up, reads que-card)...

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2008, 08:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok here it is. Its a three part question and I am not writing it all down. The first part is "Why do you think these dudes hate on you specifically?"  "I don't Know" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Second Part "Why do you feel that you are hated by the core base of skateboarding? You have been singled out point blank." BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. "I think a lot of people will be quieted down after my Plan B part."

TWS: Okay, but what I am getting from what I see is that a lot of people feel the general public is seeing a side of skateboarding in the show that they don't believe truly represents them.

I get so worked up talking about the show because I deal with shit talking all day long. Look, its fun for me, and it has not hampered my skateboarding whatsoever. People can talk shit. I am not the person to tell them to stop.I just the person who is going to try to change there mind by showing them through action. And if they don't change, then thats another hater, and my haters talk about me more than my fans do, so thats fine.

were the photos any good? or just the same old shit? front feebles switch tres etc?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2008, 08:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man, that sure changed my opinion on him!
were the photos any good? or just the same old shit? front feebles switch tres etc?
Of course it's gonna be the same old shit... fs feebles, a big drop, tre flips and fs flips, and some trick that Danny Way told him to do for some variety.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

kramer

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2008, 09:04:05 PM »
if the haters talk more about him than the fans he should get the fucking message
(pre comedy club incedent)

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
I'm going to Cali for spring break.  My friend bet me $100 that if we for some reason see Sheckler he will punch him in the face.  Somebody please tell me where he's gonna be from Feb. 29 - Mar. 8.
where ya goin man?
dah

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where ya goin man?
same here, me and my friend will be leaving the michigan snow to hollywood/santa monica april1-april6.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
I can't believe this douche calls out Jamie!  I'd love to have Sheckler try and make me shut up.  I'm a hater, so shut me up Ryan.  You better have something gnarlier than an interview with 3 photos with  the rest being photos of your "friends".  I've never read an interview where someone other than the subject of the interview has full page photos...unbelievable.  And I understand, as the article states, it was supposed to be an interview/article about some Red Bull trip, but it turned out to be a Sheckler-answers-the-haters interview.  So if he is a real street skater and he really wanted to shut people up, then why not go shoot enough amazing photos to fill every page of that interview.  if I remember correctly, the man Sheckler calls out in this interview, Jamie Thomas, shot a Pro Spotlight in 1 day.  You wanna be a real badass Ryan?  You coulda started right there.  The best part of the interview though is where the interviewer asks, "if you want to really shut up the haters, why not crush Wallenberg or El Toro?"  Sheckler answers, "We've already done it."  WTF is this WE business?  He skates with a mouse in his pocket now?  And I'm sorry, but if he threw down anything at El Toro or Wallenberg, word would have gotten out.  And if by "WE" he means somebody else from Plan B got down at those spots while he was on a trip with them, then somebody needs to tell him that that doesn't count.  Last time I checked, skateboards were ridden by 1 person, not by "we".  Wait, maybe by we he meant his people?  Maybe he, Casey, Tony, his Pops, his brother SHane, his agent Steve, and his large breasted mother, all crushed El Toro and Wallenberg together?  That must be it, I get it now....
Get litty.....

crank heart

• Rep: 3
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »
I can't believe this douche calls out Jamie!  I'd love to have Sheckler try and make me shut up.  I'm a hater, so shut me up Ryan.  You better have something gnarlier than an interview with 3 photos with  the rest being photos of your "friends".  I've never read an interview where someone other than the subject of the interview has full page photos...unbelievable.  And I understand, as the article states, it was supposed to be an interview/article about some Red Bull trip, but it turned out to be a Sheckler-answers-the-haters interview.  So if he is a real street skater and he really wanted to shut people up, then why not go shoot enough amazing photos to fill every page of that interview.  if I remember correctly, the man Sheckler calls out in this interview, Jamie Thomas, shot a Pro Spotlight in 1 day.  You wanna be a real badass Ryan?  You coulda started right there.  The best part of the interview though is where the interviewer asks, "if you want to really shut up the haters, why not crush Wallenberg or El Toro?"  Sheckler answers, "We've already done it."  WTF is this WE business?  He skates with a mouse in his pocket now?  And I'm sorry, but if he threw down anything at El Toro or Wallenberg, word would have gotten out.  And if by "WE" he means somebody else from Plan B got down at those spots while he was on a trip with them, then somebody needs to tell him that that doesn't count.  Last time I checked, skateboards were ridden by 1 person, not by "we".  Wait, maybe by we he meant his people?  Maybe he, Casey, Tony, his Pops, his brother SHane, his agent Steve, and his large breasted mother, all crushed El Toro and Wallenberg together?  That must be it, I get it now....

Hahaha. Word.

Wheres Lance?

• Rep: 12
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:16 PM »
If we can get Sheckler on the boards I think he'd committ suicide, so I'm going to make a couple calls, get his # and post it, we will all call him and tell him he has to cross the moat and take the heat of the Slap board...keep in mind this won't be til thursday cause the boards will be down for the next 2 days, so come back thursday to see what shitstorm gets stirred up!

barr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2008, 09:58:25 PM »
Sheckler, get the fuck on Slap right now

Nose

• Rep: -2
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »
This kid needs way less attention on this board, supposed detractors giving him more attention then ryanshecklerfanclub.com.

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

Thizzzzz

• Rep: -5
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
I don't think this kid realizes why everyone hates him.  Just because he might be good at skating has nothing to do with it.  Someone should tell him its cuz hes a fuckin homo.

magnet

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2008, 10:15:19 PM »
'We' meaning him and the team of people who will manipulate his images to make the tricks look switch or gnarlier.

It's the damn endless mainstream media celebration of mediocrity that perpetuates this hate.  If he wasn't everywhere there would be way less hating.  How often do threads on those other contest skaters come up?  Not as much because they aren't on a 24-7 365 media whorefest like he is.

Calling out JT = fail.  Regardless of how people feel about Jaime Thomas he's is a sick skater, made more great video parts than Sheckler ever will not to mention gave a lot of other guys (who's parts don't get skipped) a big break.

Wheres Lance?

• Rep: 12
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
This kid needs way less attention on this board, supposed detractors giving him more attention then ryanshecklerfanclub.com.
maybe true in the sense of pages full of useless threads that ill open and read every post, and contribute my regular opinion too...BUT the attention we give him isnt in a positive light, he's leaving a really bad taste in skateboardings mouth and needs to come on here and let people who legitamitly skate give him what he's got comin to him...I dont roll to spots in a range, I dont have a skatepark in my backyard, my mom isnt a whore, my dad doesnt drink muscle milk, and i dont give a fauck about "a chill girl", I like alot of normal people who ride a skateboard, drive my honda to spots, skate a mini ramp with a BBQ and PBR's, my mom isnt milking my wallet, my dad doesnt talk to me like an 8 year old, and ill cop dome from a fat chick any night of the week!!!!!!Fuck this kid and his pampered Mt. Dew life!