Author Topic: Chris Cole beat and abused his ex wife and Zero loves him  (Read 3455 times)

TheLurper, JeffsDad, jakeumms, edward shay (+ 2 Hidden) and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Chris Cole beat and abused his ex wife and Zero loves him
« Reply #30 on: Today at 01:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Calling someone a wife beater is pretty serious. She doesn't mention physical abuse at all in her post. Anyone got evidence he laid hands on her?
[close]

Yo it literally doesn’t matter because he was abusive, full stop, as evidenced by posts in this thread. Abuse is abuse. Wouldn’t surprise me if he beat the shit out of her too but it doesn’t matter because he was still abusive in a myriad of other ways. Now kindly shut the fuck up.
[close]

We are truly in the age of outrage.
Yeah why aren't you outraged that a young woman who was not yet of legal age was groomed into a physically and abusive relationship that was sorta public and lasted for more than a decade? I would be worried about your own selective outrage.

Also if anyone was wondering why Chris Cole wound up back on Zero and Fallen despite his accomplishments in the industry well now you got your answer.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #31 on: Today at 01:31:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Calling someone a wife beater is pretty serious. She doesn't mention physical abuse at all in her post. Anyone got evidence he laid hands on her?
[close]

Yo it literally doesn’t matter because he was abusive, full stop, as evidenced by posts in this thread. Abuse is abuse. Wouldn’t surprise me if he beat the shit out of her too but it doesn’t matter because he was still abusive in a myriad of other ways. Now kindly shut the fuck up.

Seems like an unnecessary escalation in a response about “abuse” being broader.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:46:59 PM »
This sucks. I remember him talking about her in interviews and I always got the impression he was head over heels for her. People let you down, even pro skateboarders, maybe. Especially pro skaters. Hope they both get the help they will absolutely need and that he is in a position to never do something so lame again. Damn it all.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 11
« Reply #33 on: Today at 01:48:57 PM »
The striped hoodies and fingerless gloves make more sense now.

No good person would bring those things into this world.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:21:30 PM »
Wow, breaking the windshield of the car while she is still in it cause he doesn't get to go skate. That is out of control. Breaking a windshield is fucking gnarly.

If this is a story she tells as if it is a good humor misunderstanding, I can only imagine what else went on that she didn't want to talk about.

Finally, did Mikey's wife say that this is Mikey's favorite story and he tells it like he was there? Like, Mikey leads off his free-market church group with stories about spousal abuse being awesome?
Mikey Taylor Podcast 135: How supporting spousal abuse can make you a great entrepreneur.
Mikey Taylor Podcast 240: Why Jesus needs women to understand that they deserve it for making their husbands mad.

From rad wife to trad wife
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -14
« Reply #36 on: Today at 03:25:59 PM »
The name part seems a little silly but if he really was abusive in other ways fuck him that’s not acceptable. Im glad ppl are more open about attacking the issues in their relationships nowadays. I don’t understand the focus on him calling her Red his name isn’t even Chris. Also how old was this weirdo when he decided to date a 16 year old

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #37 on: Today at 03:29:13 PM »
The name part seems a little silly but if he really was abusive in other ways fuck him that’s not acceptable. Im glad ppl are more open about attacking the issues in their relationships nowadays. I don’t understand the focus on him calling her Red his name isn’t even Chris. Also how old was this weirdo when he decided to date a 16 year old
20. Maybe read the thread before you comment.

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 46
« Reply #38 on: Today at 03:36:57 PM »
Bro straight up John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt'd her

Under appreciated comment

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #39 on: Today at 03:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Under appreciated comment

Which is even weirder bc he has Schmidt from New Girl in his IG photos dressed like him

Fernzilla

• Rep: 20
« Reply #40 on: Today at 04:10:58 PM »
put his whole ass documentary into another perspective

I've never seen this thing but scanned a bit of it now. Jamie Thomas has got to be the most svengali asshole owner/managers of all time. Controlling people's clothing and telling them "not to talk" during contests and shit.....
I get that certain companies have a certain "image" or style to them but damn Jamie is just awful.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: Today at 04:50:25 PM »
Expand Quote
its crazy how 9 years ago, a story about smashing a significant other's personal property worth thousands of dollars, did not raise any red flags with the viewers.
[close]

Can't speak for everyone but I remember it sounded fucking mad to me back then.
Although admittedly, with the passage of time I had convinced myself it wasn't a story told by her but rather something either rumoured or that Cole said himself. Not that that changes it much, but honestly rewatching it now and it's Christine telling the story it seems all the more disturbing.

I have no knowledge about the other details - i.e other instances of (physical) abuse / coming close to killing her so I can't comment on that other than to say it made me feel sick reading it.

People brought it up on here all the time. I know because I was one of them. Then Christine came on here and it died down because, at the time, it seemed like she wanted it to so out of respect for her, it was brought up less. Maybe that was a mistake. But when that Weekend Buzz came out, I remember that that story was called out for being messed up and since then, it would be brought up somewhat regularly.

If other people want to ignore it, it's because the skate industry does.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Seems like an unnecessary escalation in a response about “abuse” being broader.

Not at all actually. Someone wanting to split hairs because Christine's IG post doesn't describe physical abuse but an interview with her a few posts later describes Cole physically abusing her (his throwing a bike pump at her face, shattering her car windshield  while she was driving away is physical abuse) deserves to be told to shut the fuck up.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #42 on: Today at 04:57:59 PM »
I don’t like dudes who hit women so I want this thread up top and pages deep.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:59:14 PM »
What’s with every post about an abuser in the community having the “and *x y or z brand* loves them* like aside from sounding dumb and minimizing the actual important parts of the story it’s like, who gives a shit what Jamie Thomas fucking thinks about anything, of course he loves Cole, he’s the only bankable aspect of Zero and Jamie clearly has demonstrated that he’s totally devoid of any moral sense.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 69
« Reply #44 on: Today at 05:07:32 PM »

Idk, the name thing seems pretty important to me - being a pretty defining feature of your persona / identity.
I can fully understand someone not wanting to be known as a (nick)name they associate with a particular time or person in their life.

The car attack is obviously wild physical abuse, and the nearly killing her part - what the actual fuck is that about?

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -16
« Reply #45 on: Today at 05:48:51 PM »
It’s important to remember that even if you’re a good skateboarder, it doesn’t make you a good person. It’s also important to remember that people can change and we can hope that the cobra has. However, his crimes are not excusable and he should answer for his abuse and grooming.

Fernzilla

• Rep: 20
« Reply #46 on: Today at 06:10:06 PM »
It’s important to remember that even if you’re a good skateboarder, it doesn’t make you a good person. It’s also important to remember that people can change and we can hope that the cobra has. However, his crimes are not excusable and he should answer for his abuse and grooming.

This reminds me of that skate mental t shirt - i love skateboarding but hate skaters

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -31
« Reply #47 on: Today at 06:13:46 PM »
I swear, 85% of the humans on this earth are pieces of shit. They may not show their colors right away, but time has a way of producing cunts.

Keep your guard up gang

Ninj2

• Rep: -92
« Reply #48 on: Today at 06:14:09 PM »
I ain’t trying to preach cuz I hate that shit but
Chris Cole seem extremely wak. Since day one and week and buzz and @brink and his fucking candles looks weird as fuck now and i will destroy you in a game of skate brink.i don’t play berrics rules .  Not even acting all twitter foo. If you coool with fuck nuts breaking windshields cuz they couldn’t skate and that’s ok. That’s not cool. That’s fucked up. How you think she felt? Scared dude. Shook probably. Fuck Chris Cole and fuck true flipping Wallenberg or even skating walllenberg at this point . I don’t fucking care breh. You don’t push in to it.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #49 on: Today at 06:31:20 PM »
I swear, 85% of the humans on this earth are pieces of shit. They may not show their colors right away, but time has a way of producing cunts.

Keep your guard up gang

I [like to] say people are the best and worst of everything.

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #50 on: Today at 06:50:09 PM »
She’s talked about him being physically abusive before.

https://imgur.com/a/21vcnfW

Weeb_poser

• Rep: 0
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:54:10 PM »
The guys a dick

Crust

• Rep: 45
« Reply #52 on: Today at 07:05:25 PM »
I wonder if or how Chris will respond?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #53 on: Today at 07:10:38 PM »
He’s waiting for Jamie to write his apology for him.

Also, having your identity taken from you is some of the same shit that happens in cult brainwashing. It sounds like nothing but it’s everything.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:18:29 PM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

yungtaco

• Rep: 10
« Reply #54 on: Today at 07:12:56 PM »
ironic that kenny anderson is one of the only skaters to like her post…

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #55 on: Today at 07:37:59 PM »
This was from the original weekend buzz thread (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=80786.60) :

Expand Quote
I enjoyed it though.  If Cole was seriously abusive I don't think Red would have shared that story, so I liked it because it is a real story.  I mean what more could we ask from skateboard interviews, embarrassing and serious stories mixed with dick-talk.
[close]

Red here. Thank you for this and and all the other positive comments!! Some negative ones are funny too.
Just read this board, and I feel like a dumbass for feeding into this, but whatever.
I had a really fun time with Rob and Lee. They're awesome, and I have known them for so long and have a great report.  That's why I knew this would be so fun, and specifically with Jen. We are so in love with our husbands (sorry) that even their mistakes are cute. Even if their mistakes are breaking windshields.  That said - the colesmash event was a one time mistake that Chris made, and I definitely pushed him to.
Maybe I overshared, but it's only because I know he's not an abusive jock or a dick. He didn't mean to hit the windshield at all (it slipped and released at the wrong time) and apologized profusely afterward. That part of the story isn't fun though.. It's the boring part of marriage, and maybe I had an extra glass of nervous wine. Just wanted to make it fun, and never intended to paint my husband in a negative light ;)  Call him robitic, and say he has bad style.. dont give a shit, but abusive he is not.

Anyway- I shouldn't be doing this, but I wanted to defend him. He's not what that one story portrays. My bad. Still loved doing the show!

Carry on.

And from the original Chris Cole doc thread (https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=81541.msg2211955#msg2211955) :

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The only controversial thing about cole appears to be the whole statutory rape thing.
[close]

The what, now?
[close]
Sorry, I thought the laws were different in pa and from that weekend buzz thing I thought you guys eluded to you being younger. �So let me redact that statement, there in fact is nothing controversial I know about Chris Cole. �Nothing at all.
[close]

I was 12 when I saw him at a skate shop. We didn't date until years after. Probably a good idea to hold off on slinging around rape accusations in the future.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1634
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #56 on: Today at 07:51:57 PM »
He’s waiting for Jamie to write his apology for him.

Expand Quote
[close]

Also, having your identity taken from you is some of the same shit that happens in cult brainwashing. It sounds like nothing but it’s everything.

Like I said:

It's no joke
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -44
« Reply #57 on: Today at 08:14:48 PM »
What really kinda blew my mind and confirmed alot of this was how much of the cobras identity was faux as fuck. Like if chris cole meets this chick during his ghetto gown baggy fits era, is she even something he looks at? Was she something he genuinely wanted? Or was she just another tweak to his identity. Cause when she came around he was already red hot popularity wise but it elevated him behind. The kids and shit after the same. How much of this dudes life is real? And how much is just a fuckiny shtick. I beleive it all does not surprise me when you realize how much of that dudes ego was manufactured. I mean cole ripped no denying it but nobody gave a fuck until the put the eyeshadow on and it really begs the questions do we actually know who this dude is? All his nine club appearances gave me a creepy vibe the way he speaks just you can see manipulation and narcissistic shit radiating. Fuck that dude. Credit for providing some very memorable maneuvers in my adolences but its gross he used his family to further his popularity appearing as some wholesome as skate dad with a rad momwife while the whole time those kids probably hated him and he was being a lil worm.