Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 721382 times)

weedgod94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2160 on: October 29, 2019, 12:57:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://nfgmfg.com

Seems like this is who actually makes the wheels, and then loophole, or whoever else as a company places an order, they put your logo on the wheel. If the F4 rumor is true, I’d imagine they’re about to blow up with orders.
[close]

The rumor is the company is getting out of the game, if said rumor was true wouldn't they not take any new orders?
[close]

Curious why they'd leave, if they are indeed licensing (?) the formula to DLX? Or perhaps DLX owns the 4 formula outright and aren't making anything off the sales of their own 'thane.

Nobody wants to go back to F1s.
[close]

Was there ever F2/F3 or did we jump straight to F4?
[close]
I asked the same question a couple years ago
I'm assuming they developed a formula two and three but they weren't good enough to release. Either that or the marketing guy just said F4 sounds cool

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1022
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2161 on: October 29, 2019, 02:40:54 PM »
They are all a tier class of open-wheel 'formula' racing. Evolution of the F1 spitfire series; no idea why they'd go straight to Four except it does sound cooler than the others.

F1 = Racing
F2 = Racing
F3 = Racing
F4 = Racing

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2162 on: October 29, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
Anyone know the origin of the name "Loophole"?   As in - we found a loophole so we can offer wheels with the same urethane as Formula 4?

It looks to me like Loophole and NFG are the same company.  Both domains registered privately through Network Solutions and hosted on Wix, using the same Wix DNS servers (dns6 and dns7)

From what I've been told they're just basically a branch of NFG at the moment.

Diocletian

« Reply #2163 on: October 30, 2019, 08:52:34 PM »
I will perpetuate this current rumor and add that I talked to the owner at my local and he heard from a reliable source in Cali that there is definitely something going on with the whole F4 fiasco. Apparently the guy who created the formula, a “urethane scientist” or whatever you’d call him, wanted more money from DLX and they said no, so he said peace. And since DLX doesn’t know exactly what’s in the secret sauce, he has the upper hand.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2164 on: October 31, 2019, 05:36:04 AM »
I will perpetuate this current rumor and add that I talked to the owner at my local and he heard from a reliable source in Cali that there is definitely something going on with the whole F4 fiasco. Apparently the guy who created the formula, a “urethane scientist” or whatever you’d call him, wanted more money from DLX and they said no, so he said peace. And since DLX doesn’t know exactly what’s in the secret sauce, he has the upper hand.

Was in my local yesterday talked to the crew and they were told by their DLX rep some machinery in the factory went down and took a while to repair which created a back log in manufacturing and created the shortage of F4. DLX could just be blowing smoke while they get it sorted out, or could be the real reason and the rumor spawned from the shortage. The silence from the DLX dudes that post here is definitely saying something.

Someone man up and hit Jim T. on insta.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

FROTHY

« Reply #2165 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was in my local yesterday talked to the crew and they were told by their DLX rep some machinery in the factory went down and took a while to repair which created a back log in manufacturing and created the shortage of F4. DLX could just be blowing smoke while they get it sorted out, or could be the real reason and the rumor spawned from the shortage. The silence from the DLX dudes that post here is definitely saying something.

Shit, I just put two and two together... A few weeks ago I complained to Scott at spitfire about my HD Chargers, and he offered to replace them with some more HD Chargers or F4s. I basically said any F4 would be great. Lo and behold, they sent HD Chargers. I wonder if the rumored F4 turmoil had to do with this.
(FYI I still greatly appreciate Scott and Reed's customer service)

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2166 on: October 31, 2019, 08:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Shit, I just put two and two together... A few weeks ago I complained to Scott at spitfire about my HD Chargers, and he offered to replace them with some more HD Chargers or F4s. I basically said any F4 would be great. Lo and behold, they sent HD Chargers. I wonder if the rumored F4 turmoil had to do with this.
(FYI I still greatly appreciate Scott and Reed's customer service)

My local was out of spits all together and called them like "we need like 80 sets of spits, we're all out" box showed up with a ton of the colored F4's a few set of the "white" in various shapes and sizes and the rest was classic formula. Was lucky enough to scoop some 54mm tablets before they stocked the case. Now I have 3 sets of F4 in my stash.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2167 on: October 31, 2019, 09:57:47 AM »
I'm gonna need to raid some zumies soon, I bet they have tons of old stock F4's

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2168 on: October 31, 2019, 10:05:37 AM »
I'm gonna need to raid some zumies soon, I bet they have tons of old stock F4's

occasionally hit sale also

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2169 on: October 31, 2019, 12:10:33 PM »
This news upsets me. Would suck if true.
Funny enough I was cleaning my room out last night trying to declutter and I found this underneath a bunch of random crap, forgot I even had these or how I even got them cuz I sure as Hell don't remember buying em

Gonna hold on to these for a while just in case the F4 fiasco is true. Only thing that sucks is they're the glow in the dark ones, I hate gimmicky stuff lol

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2170 on: October 31, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's a better stance to take than "we're being held hostage by the urethane scientist". Dude's contract must be up (I hope he was under one as it was exclusive') and he wants more of that F4 cheddar seeing it is the most popular wheel on the market...hell BONES made natural looking wheels just to give the masses a different rusty potato to try and compete ffs. Haters gonna hate but the 99a Easy Streets are great wheels (looks like bones is dropping that and the 'natural' moniker and just using 99a STFs these days).

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2171 on: October 31, 2019, 01:16:47 PM »
This news upsets me. Would suck if true.
Funny enough I was cleaning my room out last night trying to declutter and I found this underneath a bunch of random crap, forgot I even had these or how I even got them cuz I sure as Hell don't remember buying em

Gonna hold on to these for a while just in case the F4 fiasco is true. Only thing that sucks is they're the glow in the dark ones, I hate gimmicky stuff lol

They look close enough to the standard F4 color. Just don’t skate them at night.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2172 on: October 31, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's a better stance to take than "we're being held hostage by the urethane scientist". Dude's contract must be up (I hope he was under one as it was exclusive') and he wants more of that F4 cheddar seeing it is the most popular wheel on the market...hell BONES made natural looking wheels just to give the masses a different rusty potato to try and compete ffs. Haters gonna hate but the 99a Easy Streets are great wheels (looks like bones is dropping that and the 'natural' moniker and just using 99a STFs these days).

"rusty potato" got me.

If the next wheel company isn't called that, I will riot.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2173 on: October 31, 2019, 01:34:32 PM »
Just copped a pair of 53MM F4 classics because you guys have me spooked.

FROTHY

« Reply #2174 on: October 31, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »
Can't believe I actually thought we'd burn fourever.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2175 on: October 31, 2019, 02:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
I love F4s but if they stopped being made I would have no problem switching to bones.
[close]

Stf gang all day

But really 99a gang all day

I will skate almost any 99a formula wheel

Or bones 100

I like the classic ole, 100’s, ricta naturals, spitfire classic, board brand wheels, pig, even oj
I just skate mini logo wheels now anyway. Def don’t feel as good as F4s but they get the job done.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2176 on: October 31, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »
Can't believe I actually thought we'd burn fourever.

They’ve told us we would for soo long and then took it away

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2177 on: October 31, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »
Where’s the proof? Rumors are rumors.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #2178 on: October 31, 2019, 04:25:24 PM »
everything is going to be ok

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #2179 on: October 31, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »
Someone get me some answers before I stock up on wheels apocalypse style.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2180 on: October 31, 2019, 06:10:37 PM »
Someone get me some answers before I stock up on wheels apocalypse style.

See, you know if everything was ok, those DLX boys would chime in and say "It's all good" ;)

FROTHY

« Reply #2181 on: October 31, 2019, 06:21:39 PM »
SLAP rn

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2182 on: October 31, 2019, 07:13:18 PM »
Checked two local shops over the last two days and both are really low on F4s and trying hard to get more. Both had different explanations ranging from equipment issues to the shipping guy got fired....

This could be an elaborate marketing plan as I am also very close to stocking up on some back up sets....

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2183 on: October 31, 2019, 07:21:46 PM »
Checked two local shops over the last two days and both are really low on F4s and trying hard to get more. Both had different explanations ranging from equipment issues to the shipping guy got fired....

This could be an elaborate marketing plan as I am also very close to stocking up on some back up sets....

Got a similarly vague response here as well ('shipping' issues). Although I'm in Canada so it's all coming through Supra distribution. So if any other Canadian members get a wildly different response that would raise some flags for me.

Bought 2 sets just in case. Don't think I'd stockpile if they do end up being done. Tried to keep going with Stage 8 Indy's long after they stopped making them, it was a fairly consistent pain in the ass which bordered on anxiety (you end up turning into a helicopter mom about your board). 

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #2184 on: October 31, 2019, 09:01:35 PM »
I took it to Insta like a man

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1346
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2185 on: October 31, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »
Slap Spitfire sleuth squad success
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Diocletian

« Reply #2186 on: October 31, 2019, 10:28:32 PM »
What he really meant was the formula blueprints have been obtained and the source...neutralized.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2187 on: October 31, 2019, 11:44:55 PM »
What he really meant was the formula blueprints have been obtained and the source...neutralized.

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2188 on: November 01, 2019, 04:58:45 AM »
the_unknown_soldier is the real MVP

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2189 on: November 01, 2019, 11:28:04 AM »
the_unknown_soldier is the real MVP

This.

Also jim rules for responding like a man in the DM’s
A lot of people would be leaving that shit on seen.

Another reason why dlx is the best