Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215270 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »
Agreed.

The guy is good, period. And AVE rips as well.

But that doesn't mean that I always can relate to Dill. He's always "out there" and I can imagine that it's not easy to work with him either... doesn't seem like he's really "reliable". But as hectic as he is, I think that he knows what he's doing.

AVE and DILL had some great positions at AWS. I can't see why they're leaving... Or are they feeling more pressure from the young bucks like John Fitzgerald, Taylor, Bledsoe? I don't know...

I think they're either going to do something with supreme. That stuff ALWAYS sells. I think if you slap that supreme logo on a turd, some Asian dude would still buy it for 300 bucks... or that they're going to start something new in the vein of workshop.

And maybe, just maybe... they're still under DNA's wings? They left workshop but it didn't say that they've left "the sect"...

very curious though...

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #331 on: May 07, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »
Dill
Ave
Kyle Leeper..

This is going to be weird.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #332 on: May 07, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »

Dill - Question: what does crack taste like?

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »

Dill - Question: what does my mom's crack taste like?

Fixed

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »

FutureAccident

• Rep: 3
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
whatevs.

watch this classic clip and enjoy Dill, AVE and Kalis going apeshit

[close]

I've always loved Dill's nollie backside flip over the hydrant in that.
[close]

yeah and his switch backside flip off the bump over the picnic table was super gnarly. when i was young and thought it was someone else for a while.  couldn't really understand at that time how AVE would nollie float over picnic tables too.  this clip influenced some swishy pants acquisition

There's a switch flip that AVE does over a bench at like 4:58 that has stuck in my mind since I first saw it. Nobody did them like that. It's the switch flip I used to judge all other switch flips.

dankradschwag

« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »
You know what the last part means right ?  thats the curtains

mediocre my ass...

god, i'm up against a whole swam of you fags. the only thing that would convince me that jason's skating isn't mediocre is, well, his skating, and it has shown nothing but being on par with most pros. therefore, mediocre. jason is like that kid in high school who was a super artsy fag, everybody outside that group thought so, but when you actually talk to them, you realize how full of themselves they are. i remember watching his skate more part and laughing at his outfit choices. and then just being amazed at how weird this dude is when i watched him slobber over dylan in his epicly laterd. you should post that scene, and then still tell me how badass he is.

Will Easley

« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
Expand Quote

mediocre my ass...
[close]

god, i'm up against a whole swam of you fags. the only thing that would convince me that jason's skating isn't mediocre is, well, his skating, and it has shown nothing but being on par with most pros. therefore, mediocre. jason is like that kid in high school who was a super artsy fag, everybody outside that group thought so, but when you actually talk to them, you realize how full of themselves they are. i remember watching his skate more part and laughing at his outfit choices. and then just being amazed at how weird this dude is when i watched him slobber over dylan in his epicly laterd. you should post that scene, and then still tell me how badass he is.

I'm with the group of people that say Jake Johnson's Mindfield part was better than Dill's career (lol). seriously tho, dude is very much like TK. An average-skilled pro that's fairly good at his particular style of skating, with a big personality that sells boards. I aint saying he trash but he can definitely be considered overrated to some.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »
You guys are idiots

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

mediocre my ass...
[close]

[close]

I'm with the group of people that say Jake Johnson's Mindfield part was better than Dill's career (lol). seriously tho, dude is very much like TK. An average-skilled pro that's fairly good at his particular style of skating, with a big personality that sells boards. I aint saying he trash but he can definitely be considered overrated to some.

« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
DILL IS STRAIGHT FAGS

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »
You guys are idiots

Didn't Thrasher call him out in the T-eddy awards for having a weak ender in that?

It was like "Bullshit trick of the year: Bluntslide to salad grind", or something.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys are idiots

[close]

Didn't Thrasher call him out in the T-eddy awards for having a weak ender in that?

It was like "Bullshit trick of the year: Bluntslide to salad grind", or something.

That trick was a thing of beauty

mfkream

« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
Not sure if it was posted yet but his part in Snuff was so good. That Brenton Wood.. all the weird switch stuff he was doing, ollieing out of the frontside bluntslide down the brick hubba..

I sort of get if the young guys just see his weird character stuff now but I remember him from this shit and he got weird in like '01 and that was just an add on. He was always sick, and still is.

Fuck it I'm 33 though.

zoltan

« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote
You guys are idiots

[close]

thats my immediate reaction. wtf kind of an ender is that? i would have had the first trick be the ender

RonBurgundy

• Rep: -40
  • from a whale's vagina
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2013, 12:36:22 AM »
Expand Quote

mediocre my ass...
[close]

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2013, 05:04:22 AM »
[/quote]

lame anology.

Dill keeps things interesting on and off his skateboard.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2013, 06:16:57 AM »
If you're a fan of Dill, you're a fan of Dill.  If you're not, you're not.

But I will say this, Dill helped pave the way for guys like Jake Johnson...as in, he sorta set the tone for companies to realize it may be best to take a "hands off" approach to certain guys and allow them to get into whatever it is they are into outside of skating and only come knocking every so often. 

Postscript: AVE rules. 
hardly art, hardly starving

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »
"ave cmon ur gonn leave 2 itll b fun"  "no dill i lik da wokshop :("  "cmon......"  "ok...  :)"  "cool"

Or I think that's how the whole thing went down.  I'm more confused on this Jake/Polar speculation tho.  He is a huge fan of Pontus.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #350 on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys are idiots

[close]

[close]

thats my immediate reaction. wtf kind of an ender is that? i would have had the first trick be the ender

That trick seems ok honestly but besides that the whole part itself is pretty good though?

dillanharp

« Reply #351 on: May 08, 2013, 07:55:35 AM »
Not sure if it was posted yet but his part in Snuff was so good. That Brenton Wood.. all the weird switch stuff he was doing, ollieing out of the frontside bluntslide down the brick hubba..

I sort of get if the young guys just see his weird character stuff now but I remember him from this shit and he got weird in like '01 and that was just an add on. He was always sick, and still is.

Fuck it I'm 33 though.

Yeah he was rad. but seriously, fuck this dude.
!

marbrosmoke

• Rep: -8
« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »

Fuck it I'm 33 though.

Thanks, I don't remember the last time I watched that gem. I am turning 33 next month so I am in the same boat, I have always always backed Dill.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2013, 09:33:32 AM »

Fuck it I'm 33 though.

Fully agree. Luv that part. Most skaters in there 30's appreciate Dill.

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2013, 10:26:40 AM »
Dill goes to Krooked and AVE goes to real.

dankradschwag

« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »

lame anology.

Dill keeps things interesting on and off his skateboard.
[/quote]

no, he sucks.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
In the huge cross section of personality types who skateboard, someone has to be the super pretentious one. I like how Dill approaches his skating and things he has a hand in usually turn out pretty good as long as no one is recording him talking about it. That sort of takes it down a few pegs. With whatever they end up doing, it'll probably be sort of annoying at first but as riders build and their company finds its way it'll probably bring something new and pretty cool to the market.

AVE is just awesome across the board, probably in part because he lets his skating do most of the talking and aside from substance abuse problems I don't know shit about the guy. I like it that way.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »
AVE is just awesome across the board, probably in part because he lets his skating do most of the talking and aside from substance abuse problems I don't know shit about the guy. I like it that way.
hardly art, hardly starving

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2013, 11:42:34 AM »
Dill
Ave
Kyle Leeper..

This is going to be weird.

Weirdly fucking awesome. 3 all time favourite styles.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
I find the "I'm in my 30's I back Jason Dill" argument really annoying. I do like Dill's skating and I realize his eccentricity came after his skating was spoken for, but he's not elite in my book. He isn't a Mike Carroll, Rickk, Gino, Koston, Reynolds etc. He didn't pave the way for shit, he piled out and got into a lifestyle that doesn't involve skating, which is far from out of the ordinary in the industry. I would like to reiterate that I do enjoy watching Dill skate, but don't argue that because you're in your 30's that you suddenly get a pass to back a skater that doesn't deserve to be held in as high of regard as so many others in the industry.
MN -> IL