Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215397 times)

Hatechild

Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:54 AM »
I sense a Pops, Dill, Ave reunion 

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #301 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:09 AM »
It's a strange thing to pass judgement on someone you've never met and I've never felt comfortable doing it, but in the case of Dill, I'm almost certain he is a terrible person.

Im actually a fan of dills work with art and etc. and myself thought he was going to be a dick but i seen him skating and said whats up and he kicked it and chit chatted with you as if he knew you for years.  i cant say that about any other pros i met growing up.

so im seeing that dill and ave is a package deal now these days... Thats alot of money to be dropping on pros.  Palace aint got that bread yet.

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »
You'd have to be an idiot to think AVE & Dill would move to Palace.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »
that's a pretty aggressive early post
MN -> IL

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that's a pretty aggressive early post

Yeah but it's true...they are going to start their own brand. Palace is just as much a clothing company as it is a skateboard company, if not more so. Jake wearing a Polar shirt is more relevant in all honesty, but still doesn't mean shit....

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:46 PM »
I think the idea here is to leave a big corp to have full control of your own shit. Moving to Palace would just me a lateral move. Like Isle, the best thing for them to do is just start their own shit and do it exactly how you want it. Alien is becoming a young buck team again.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »
Someone said that theyve been talking to DLX, that'd be kinda cool. I hope they do start their own company, I'd back it

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Ave n Dill r so SW North Upriver , they must use computers where Josh Kalis lives , he got the fuck outa there how long ago . haha

• Rep: 12
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »
AVE IS A JOCK, DILL IS A KOOK

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2013, 06:19:28 PM »
11 pages of shit talking, here's to 11 more.

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off?  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

thats what im saying. they did all this shit to keep the worshop cool and ran their way, now they bail? what the fuck more do they want
[close]

i don't think it's two-faced, because i have no idea why they left...also, i think that was pre-dyrdek, who i bet would have never dropped berra and frankly probably would not have let kalis walk.

makes you wonder what changed.  burton ownership is preferred to rob?  these guys have all been in bed together so long that no one will probably ever spill the beans, rightfully so.
[close]

nah kalis left because dill and ave took over and basically turned it into their team and kalis felt like he was an outcast.
they even said dyrdek isnt doing shit he just owns it. he let dill and ave do whatever they wanted
[close]

Pretty sure it was way more complicated than that, Kalis said it all in an interview or on here somewhere. I think he said it all started around with the ending of Seek, Habitat and the Kalis in Mono vid.
[close]
Actually that's exactly what he said. they took over, he felt lonely, he bailed
[close]

They cool guy'd the Workshop into what it is right now and left...... fucking pisses me off so fucking bad.

Workshop is still better than DGK.

David Puddy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
If Dill were to really go to Palace, where would AVE even go?  I could not see Palace at all.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
BOTH TO CHOCOLATE PLEASE.........SWAP THEM OUT FOR ELDRIGE, ROBERTS & CASTILLO

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »
Always irks me when people say  " this guy doesnt fit on this company "

What qualities does a skater need to be on Palace ?

and

What qualities does AVE have that makes him fit on certain companies ?

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off?  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

thats what im saying. they did all this shit to keep the worshop cool and ran their way, now they bail? what the fuck more do they want
[close]

i don't think it's two-faced, because i have no idea why they left...also, i think that was pre-dyrdek, who i bet would have never dropped berra and frankly probably would not have let kalis walk.

makes you wonder what changed.  burton ownership is preferred to rob?  these guys have all been in bed together so long that no one will probably ever spill the beans, rightfully so.
[close]

nah kalis left because dill and ave took over and basically turned it into their team and kalis felt like he was an outcast.
they even said dyrdek isnt doing shit he just owns it. he let dill and ave do whatever they wanted
[close]

Pretty sure it was way more complicated than that, Kalis said it all in an interview or on here somewhere. I think he said it all started around with the ending of Seek, Habitat and the Kalis in Mono vid.
[close]
[close]

They cool guy'd the Workshop into what it is right now and left...... fucking pisses me off so fucking bad.

[close]

I strongly disagree, I fuk with anything kayo. They make good shiiiiit

Get Fucked

• Rep: -6
  • i hope you die
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
lol or...

MisterX

• Rep: 51
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
lol or...

That would be awesome, but doubt Fos can afford to pay either of those guys

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
I heard they are turning a loft in NY into a skatepark and filming pros skate there for daily segments.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -147
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
They have to be starting a new company. I cant imagine dill being down with getting less control than he did on workshop and also be down for a pay cut.

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2013, 09:21:23 PM »

Worst suggestion amongst 11 pages of shit talking dribble.
Well done

shit_for_brains

« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well done

Drivel

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2013, 09:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Well done
[close]

Drivel

Oh thanks for that haha

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2013, 11:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I have Love for both companies... Saying one is better than the other is just immature.

however....

DGK has not been sold because it was going out of business.. then re bought because it was going out of business...... well.... I'll just leave it at that.

I truly wish the best for AWS. Love those guys.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
respond to my pm DGKALIS

sharkmango

• Rep: -10
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2013, 05:52:14 AM »
@ DGKALIS

Why was DGK sold, though?

dankradschwag

« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2013, 06:47:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Always hated Alien, even more so in recent years. Dill and Dylan are just some hip fuck boys who probably give each other handjobs on the side. Dill is obviously in love with Dylan, watch is Epicly Later'd and tell me otherwise. This is also just another sign of how bad Dyrdek sold out, not like he was legit beforehand, but he wasn't a sell out. Could care less about their new brand or if they're going to the UK's hippest brand.
[close]

when you've been pro for 20 years your comment might have a shred of relevance.

first of all, i'm only 22, so i couldn't really have done much of anything for 20 years. secondly, why are you one of these people that loves jason dill so much? he is the epitome of kook. he is a narcissist, mediocre on a board, and is obsessed with fashion and his own popularity. also, he is the reason a lot of dudes got kicked off alien. how can you back someone who wants to take peoples livelihoods away from them? the guy acts like a 16 year old girl. what does that make you?

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #327 on: May 07, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Always hated Alien, even more so in recent years. Dill and Dylan are just some hip fuck boys who probably give each other handjobs on the side. Dill is obviously in love with Dylan, watch is Epicly Later'd and tell me otherwise. This is also just another sign of how bad Dyrdek sold out, not like he was legit beforehand, but he wasn't a sell out. Could care less about their new brand or if they're going to the UK's hippest brand.
[close]

when you've been pro for 20 years your comment might have a shred of relevance.
[close]

first of all, i'm only 22, so i couldn't really have done much of anything for 20 years. secondly, why are you one of these people that loves jason dill so much? he is the epitome of kook. he is a narcissist, mediocre on a board, and is obsessed with fashion and his own popularity. also, he is the reason a lot of dudes got kicked off alien. how can you back someone who wants to take peoples livelihoods away from them? the guy acts like a 16 year old girl. what does that make you?

No he's not - he ollied two picnic tables! And he does seem to have another view at the landscape around him... that's what some of us love and why we can still accept him after 7 years of cracksmoking!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #328 on: May 07, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
You know what the last part means right ?  thats the curtains

mediocre my ass...

LDJ

• Rep: 7
« Reply #329 on: May 07, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

If any of you children actually had the opportunity so spend some time with Dill you'd change your tune in seconds. I've spent a bit of time with the guy and he's super friendly, intelligent, seems loyal to his friends and he calls his mom ( whom he supports financially ) every fucking day. He's also the biggest skate nerd I've come across. So go watch Trilogy & Photosynthesis and chill the fuck out.