Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215184 times)

plod

Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #840 on: August 02, 2013, 06:23:11 AM »
I don't agree with this every brand started out shit argument that's been floating around here and in the 3D thread. What other good brands started out bad but got better.  Girl? Chocolate? Real? Antihero? Alien? New brands magenta? Poler?palace? All started out good.

This clip just shows what we are dealing with? people give Dill  & Ave too much credit off the board, Dill especially.
The brand will smash it with the shallow cool kid supreme crowd whom have always been present in skateboarding.
Now more than ever. Go watch the new Drehobl footage to remind yourself skateboardings not a complete shit show.

xeric716x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #841 on: August 02, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #842 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:50 PM »
I'm just tryna get some more Kevin Terpening footy.

kools

• Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #843 on: August 02, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
I don't agree with this every brand started out shit argument that's been floating around here and in the 3D thread. What other good brands started out bad but got better.  Girl? Chocolate? Real? Antihero? Alien? New brands magenta? Poler?palace? All started out good.

It takes a little bit of time to develop an original voice within skateboarding.
All those brands took a little bit time to really find there way.
Maybe polar less so but Pontus has been developing his aesthetic for a long time through his videos

I'm not convinced using FA is the best name but I'm sure Dill and AVE will do something interesting.

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #844 on: August 02, 2013, 03:50:34 PM »

This clip just shows what we are dealing with? people give Dill  & Ave too much credit off the board, Dill especially.
The brand will smash it with the shallow cool kid supreme crowd whom have always been present in skateboarding.
Now more than ever. Go watch the new Drehobl footage to remind yourself skateboardings not a complete shit show.

Please an hero, you dadcore faggot.  Try coming up with your own opinion.

Stage 7

• Rep: -6
« Reply #845 on: August 02, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
This thread is FUCKING AWESOME. When it all comes down to it don't we all buy boards because we like the shape? 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #846 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Please an hero, you dadcore faggot.  Try coming up with your own opinion.

Nice 4chan lingo, bro.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #847 on: August 02, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
^ The prevalence of 4chan culture on this board is totally shitty and should be abolished.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #848 on: August 02, 2013, 05:38:22 PM »
^ The prevalence of 4chan culture on this board is totally shitty and should be abolished.

Shut up dad.  Still haven't posted a fit in the Swan Pablo thread either.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 05:41:00 PM by Carlo Lemmings »

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #849 on: August 02, 2013, 05:42:42 PM »
Expand Quote
What bums me out about the commercial is that humor is attempted to be derived from the video because of the way the guy looks whom, I would assume, could not help being born that way.
[close]

Then youve totally misinterpreted the commercial. It was trying to be weird not funny. Weird song, long blackout, cut to dude playing organ. Theyre trying to say the brand is all about talented weirdos. If they were trying to make fun of that guy they wouldve just used the original youtube clip with none of this editing. Expect some (poorly done) david lynch type shit from fucking awesome in the near future. Itll probably get better like every other brand that started out.

Implying there is well done David Lynch type shit.  ::) You still don't know shit.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #850 on: August 02, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What bums me out about the commercial is that humor is attempted to be derived from the video because of the way the guy looks whom, I would assume, could not help being born that way.
[close]

Then youve totally misinterpreted the commercial. It was trying to be weird not funny. Weird song, long blackout, cut to dude playing organ. Theyre trying to say the brand is all about talented weirdos. If they were trying to make fun of that guy they wouldve just used the original youtube clip with none of this editing. Expect some (poorly done) david lynch type shit from fucking awesome in the near future. Itll probably get better like every other brand that started out.
[close]

Implying there is well done David Lynch type shit.  ::) You still don't know shit.

You dont like david lynch movies or something? Im not getting you.  

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #851 on: August 02, 2013, 08:32:13 PM »
shut up and post a fit
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #852 on: August 02, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
shut up and post a fit
Light denim over waxed today was a bad idea. Jesus gave this girl too many options and sometimes I don't know which way to turn.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #853 on: August 02, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
Expand Quote
shut up and post a fit
[close]
Light denim over waxed today was a bad idea. Jesus gave this girl too many options and sometimes I don't know which way to turn.

Post a fit of yourself, fuccboi. You're not funny.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #854 on: August 02, 2013, 09:05:57 PM »
you don't got no box logo? next
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #855 on: August 02, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Implying there is well done David Lynch type shit.  ::) You still don't know shit.
You don't know shit.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #856 on: August 03, 2013, 02:33:02 AM »
I told my mom to "quiet the fuck down" tonight.

dillanharp

« Reply #857 on: August 03, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »
Expand Quote
shut up and post a fit
[close]

I love the fuck out of asian women, I married one, but what the fuck is this?

Stage 7

• Rep: -6
« Reply #858 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
shut up and post a fit
[close]

[close]
I love the fuck out of asian women, I married one, but what the fuck is this?

Its a boy.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2013, 09:54:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Scumco came out with the same promo, half of slap would be chafed from the massive circlejerk over it. Stop hating just to hate. fuck.
[close]
are you saying you actually enjoyed that?
[close]

I neither enjoyed it nor hated it, I just took it in. But what it does is give me a little optimism for the future. Give them some time, the right team, and the ability for them to find their niche, and I think the stuff they put out could be sick. I don't understand how someone can just automatically hate something that hasn't even begun yet.
As long as it doesn't end up like corny ass Girl, then I'm psyched.
OH MY GOD!! its a 50 second video of a regular guy playing the piano! They are laughing at us so hard right now

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2013, 10:18:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If Scumco came out with the same promo, half of slap would be chafed from the massive circlejerk over it. Stop hating just to hate. fuck.
[close]
[close]

I neither enjoyed it nor hated it, I just took it in. But what it does is give me a little optimism for the future. Give them some time, the right team, and the ability for them to find their niche, and I think the stuff they put out could be sick. I don't understand how someone can just automatically hate something that hasn't even begun yet.
[close]

So edgy.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »

OMG OMG P-ROD is on Fucking Awesome, holy macaroni!
 ::)

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #863 on: August 04, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
As I review on these comments . . . I constantly see everyone referencing Dill as the sole person behind this venture. Now, back when Blind started, or Real I would completely agree that the few said pros backed and fueled the company themselves. I do not think this is the case anymore. I want to believe it, but I find it so hard to believe that Dill has complete control over this and it's owned by Vans, which in turn is owned by VANITY FAIR. I am so over caring about the day-to-day of this brand. It may be some big ol' marketing guy that doesn't even know what skating is or means to all of us that is illegally taking that piano footage from youtube. I think it is real juvenile for you all to harmonize on "Dill does this" or "Dill did that" Who cares. . . ? go skate. Wait until you the see graphics and shapes and buy like everyone else does. And the whole moral compass you place on these videos is exactly what they want. It is supposed to raise red flags and create buzz. It is doing double work for them while they are trying to get a team together. I could see kids falling for it, but some of you guys are adults falling into this buzzkill marketing ploy, really!? skaterats are supposed to be imaginative, clever, and independent. . . .

I think the new trend from corpo backed companies, will be very few riders. This will decrease overhead and allow them to showcase their riders in all of their respective outlets and increase their market share while decreasing overall costs. Which makes sense since I know some of these corporations are starting to get uneasy because their profit margins are much less than comparable sports such as baseball, football, or regular ol' apparel.

Carlo Lemmings

« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
As I review on these comments . . . I constantly see everyone referencing Dill as the sole person behind this venture. Now, back when Blind started, or Real I would completely agree that the few said pros backed and fueled the company themselves. I do not think this is the case anymore. I want to believe it, but I find it so hard to believe that Dill has complete control over this and it's owned by Vans, which in turn is owned by VANITY FAIR. I am so over caring about the day-to-day of this brand. It may be some big ol' marketing guy that doesn't even know what skating is or means to all of us that is illegally taking that piano footage from youtube. I think it is real juvenile for you all to harmonize on "Dill does this" or "Dill did that" Who cares. . . ? go skate. Wait until you the see graphics and shapes and buy like everyone else does. And the whole moral compass you place on these videos is exactly what they want. It is supposed to raise red flags and create buzz. It is doing double work for them while they are trying to get a team together. I could see kids falling for it, but some of you guys are adults falling into this buzzkill marketing ploy, really!? skaterats are supposed to be imaginative, clever, and independent. . . .

I think the new trend from corpo backed companies, will be very few riders. This will decrease overhead and allow them to showcase their riders in all of their respective outlets and increase their market share while decreasing overall costs. Which makes sense since I know some of these corporations are starting to get uneasy because their profit margins are much less than comparable sports such as baseball, football, or regular ol' apparel.

stoops.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »

yeah, I'm sure the executives over at Vanity Fair are just cumming their pants to fund a skateboard company called "Fucking Awesome".
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #866 on: August 04, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »

VF Corp is not part of Vanity Fair mag dipshit. VF corp is it's own corporation and VF mag is owned by Conde Nast, which is in turn owned by Advance Publications Inc.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #867 on: August 04, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
VF Corp is not part of Vanity Fair mag dipshit. VF corp is it's own corporation and VF mag is owned by Conde Nast, which is in turn owned by Advance Publications Inc.

Where does it say anything about a magazine? VF Corp stands for Vanity Fair Corp.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #868 on: August 04, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
OH MY GOD!! its a 50 second video of a regular guy playing the piano! They are laughing at us so hard right now

I KNOW. Which is why I said I neither liked or disliked it, I just did the same thing I do with every other video I see on the internet every day, I watch it, let out a "meh" in my head, and move on and immediately remove it from my brain. I'm waiting for actual board graphics or a video with actual skating and shit to make a judgement, unlike everyone else on this site.

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #869 on: August 04, 2013, 05:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

OMG OMG P-ROD is on Fucking Awesome, holy macaroni!
 ::)

sean pablo posted that on instagram