Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215406 times)

egbert

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2013, 02:43:36 AM »
Guess he really didn't know the future...

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #811 on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »
Dill seems like he'd love that so many kids are going to try and go to fuckingawesome.com

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »

Greg Road

« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:36 AM »
I can't stand listening to Dill.

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
I was confused...then intrigued...then I laughed...now I cry.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »

This video perfectly depicts my expectations of fucking awesome: Loud, confusing, and regular.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #816 on: July 31, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »

i hope that dude playing piano sues them so this brand will no longer exist

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #817 on: July 31, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
that promo is so new York and  progressive

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
If Scumco came out with the same promo, half of slap would be chafed from the massive circlejerk over it. Stop hating just to hate. fuck.

piftel

• Rep: -122
  • i have an avatar now
« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:22 PM »
how can anyone over the age of 14 think thats funny? its a really sad attempt at provocation. even sadder that it comes from some 40 year olds.
signature as well

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #820 on: July 31, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »
If Scumco came out with the same promo, half of slap would be chafed from the massive circlejerk over it. Stop hating just to hate. fuck.
While I agree that there can be an ugly trend of hateful groupthink on Slap (as much as anywhere, I guess, though things to seem especially negative lately), is it really hard to believe that "promo" would strike some people as less than satisfying?

Then again, if Harmony Korine directed it, maybe right now I'd be like "damn that raises some thought-provoking questions about the roles of exploitation and tolerance in our perceptions of so-called 'outsider art'." YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #821 on: July 31, 2013, 01:34:28 PM »
are you saying you actually enjoyed that?

Laban Fetus

« Reply #822 on: July 31, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »
Yes, this is Jason Dill we're talking about here. He likes to provoke and steal much like his deceased circle of New York artist hacks that included Dan Colen and Dash Snow (though the latter seemed like a real genuine human, semen on a newspaper article is just some straight bullshit)

This company will either be totally rad or totally shitty but if it's gonna pander to the VICE magazine set of yore (i.e. the early 00's aging hipster demographic who are still into cocaine and polaroids of tits)... I'd rather not rep it.

I'll wait and see what unfolds before spitting more bile though.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #823 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »
As of right now, the only thing I could say I know I don't like is the name.

I do, however, have an old teal shirt of theirs that says "Fucking awesome peddlers of smut" in giant letters that was given to me.  Not really my thing, I should ebay it here in a couple months.

sick! you still have that shirt! that was back when freshjive produced their shit

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #824 on: July 31, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
Yes, this is Jason Dill we're talking about here. He likes to provoke and steal much like his deceased circle of New York artist hacks that included Dan Colen and Dash Snow (though the latter seemed like a real genuine human, semen on a newspaper article is just some straight bullshit)

This company will either be totally rad or totally shitty but if it's gonna pander to the VICE magazine set of yore (i.e. the early 00's aging hipster demographic who are still into cocaine and polaroids of tits)... I'd rather not rep it.

You don't know shit.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #825 on: July 31, 2013, 02:16:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You don't know shit.
Just one guy's opinion. I go back and forth on loving and also hating the guy and that video didn't do much for me.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #826 on: July 31, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are you saying you actually enjoyed that?

I neither enjoyed it nor hated it, I just took it in. But what it does is give me a little optimism for the future. Give them some time, the right team, and the ability for them to find their niche, and I think the stuff they put out could be sick. I don't understand how someone can just automatically hate something that hasn't even begun yet.
As long as it doesn't end up like corny ass Girl, then I'm psyched.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2013, 02:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You don't know shit.

I know that I like Polaroids of tits.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #828 on: July 31, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
If Jason Dill was sitting across from me right now I'd roll my eyes at him so fucking hard.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #829 on: July 31, 2013, 05:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As of right now, the only thing I could say I know I don't like is the name.

I do, however, have an old teal shirt of theirs that says "Fucking awesome peddlers of smut" in giant letters that was given to me.� Not really my thing, I should ebay it here in a couple months.
[close]

sick! you still have that shirt! that was back when freshjive produced their shit
[close]

You just brought it full circle to me. �Through several friends I had a small connection at Fresh Jive at the time and a friend sent it out. �I thanked him for the box, but I never knew why HE sent it. �That makes a ton of sense now. �Did this have something to do with that whole "Warriors of Radness" thing?

Nah warriors was another brand that was being pushed out of freshjive at the same time too before they got ripped off. my homies used to work there  give me some shit back in the day too. dill and pisceteli was doing fucking awesome with jive at the time.  He made mad amount of shirts while he was there but they split from klotz to do their own thing.  Im not sure of the full reason of the split though... but i remember the stuff being way cheaper and the concepts were more creative than it is now

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #830 on: July 31, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
What bums me out about the commercial is that humor is attempted to be derived from the video because of the way the guy looks whom, I would assume, could not help being born that way.

Carlo Lemmings

• Rep: -130
« Reply #831 on: July 31, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
What bums me out about the commercial is that humor is attempted to be derived from the video because of the way the guy looks whom, I would assume, could not help being born that way.

moralfag

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #832 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:57 PM »
llol well said bro

93tilinfinity

« Reply #833 on: July 31, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
You fools are trippin'. That dude had some serious skill.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #834 on: July 31, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
i like it
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

BraveUlysses

« Reply #835 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
dahellup

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #836 on: July 31, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
You fools are trippin'. That dude had some serious skill.

for real, dude was shredding...with one eye open too! props.
aw man, now I feel bad  :-[

dillanharp

« Reply #837 on: July 31, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »
Guys, that's Dill's dad...

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -147
« Reply #838 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:37 PM »

Then youve totally misinterpreted the commercial. It was trying to be weird not funny. Weird song, long blackout, cut to dude playing organ. Theyre trying to say the brand is all about talented weirdos. If they were trying to make fun of that guy they wouldve just used the original youtube clip with none of this editing. Expect some (poorly done) david lynch type shit from fucking awesome in the near future. Itll probably get better like every other brand that started out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:33:19 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #839 on: July 31, 2013, 07:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Then youve totally misinterpreted the commercial. It was trying to be weird not funny. Weird song, long blackout, cut to dude playing organ. Theyre trying to say the brand is all about talented weirdos. If they were trying to make fun of that guy they wouldve just used the original youtube clip with none of this editing. Expect some (poorly done) david lynch type shit from fucking awesome in the near future. Itll probably get better like every other brand that started out.

I stand corrected.