Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4829459 times)

soccer mom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #16200 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
found out this Polar Boserio 8.5 ive been skating has a 7.12 nose. 

any of the dimension-nerds know of any other DLX/Generator/Pennswood decks out there with such a big schnozz?
[close]

Deathwish Ellington 8.75 has a huge nose and a cool Marlboro rip off graphic, think they have just the logo board that size as well
[close]

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #16201 on: February 14, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »
I like how polar website has all specs listed up, every company should do this. I fucking hate to spend time on internet searching info about wheelbase or nose/tail lenght when company could just press a sticker w/ that info on it, i mean it's no secret...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1015
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #16202 on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:33 AM »
As someone who cares about WB more than just about anything else, it's nice a few companies do it, polar, NHS, PP, some dlx but that seems to have been forgotten since the fulls were released...just measured a russo yesterday, 8.38 full with a 14.63WB, crazy big.

SPoT and SW have WB measurements up but I've been burned by both of them before. @Skatewarhouse 14.44" isn't a WB, it's 14.5.

So few good shapes with a 14.3 wb (yup, right in the middle) - I wouldn't mind a 14.5 WB but that usually comes with super long lengths and long(er) noses.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:01:46 AM by Xen »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16203 on: February 15, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero ? link=topic=10804.msg2609702#msg2609702 date=1487141898
I like how polar website has all specs listed up, every company should do this. I fucking hate to spend time on internet searching info about wheelbase or nose/tail lenght when company could just press a sticker w/ that info on it, i mean it's no secret...

hardly art, hardly starving

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1081
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #16204 on: February 15, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
Deluxe has been doing that on all the full shaped decks.
Prob will move forward with it on standard ones too.

N.L.

« Reply #16205 on: February 15, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
Nice. I'm finding myself getting particular about tail length.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16206 on: February 15, 2017, 03:13:22 PM »
Reed or whoever at DLX that sees this let me get something in an 8.25 under 32" with a Gerwer sized nose and a Worrest sized ass and I promise I'll come back.

cleveridiot

• Rep: 3
« Reply #16207 on: February 15, 2017, 05:26:41 PM »
Reed or whoever at DLX that sees this let me get something in an 8.25 under 32" with a Gerwer sized nose and a Worrest sized ass and I promise I'll come back.

So just a shorter stubbier 8.25 FULL? I love the Full shapes so much, but I also love the 90s football shapes. Maybe I just enjoy the extremes

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16208 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So just a shorter stubbier 8.25 FULL? I love the Full shapes so much, but I also love the 90s football shapes. Maybe I just enjoy the extremes

YES!

I'm on the hunt for a stubby 'full' shape, the full shapes are perfect, the dimensions are wonky tho; no one wants a 32.25" 8.25, man...save that for the 8.3s"...or an 8.3 full with an almost 16" WB...wtf...a B16 with a slightly longer WB would be perfect (but at 32").

How'd I do it for fulls:

8.06" x31.75" 14" WB
8.18" x 31.875 - 14.25"WB
8.25 x 32 - 14.38 (no need to fuck with the perfect 8.25 dimensions just full that shit out don't mess with the WB...)
8.38 x 32.25 - 14.5" WB
8.5 x 32.45 - 14.65" WB or whatever the fuck is on the russo 8.3/walker 8.5/8.5 heavy weights I looked at today.

Some of the DLX dimensions are so off they have to be custom...8.28x32 with a 14" WB? really, wtf is that?

I had to step up to an 8.5 to get an 14.38 WB but the nose isn't as full as I'd like it...I swear I remember AH decks being fuller at the nose tip...I'm hoping it will visually fatten out over time...somehow I doubt it and I sort of regret not getting the Santa Cruz with the same dims but it looked a bit fuller....the russo 8.38 full looked awesome but that would be like steering a fucking boat with your face.

8.5 AH anderson w/MOB (and a piece of clear ML)
149 TI - bones med bottom/soft top riptide cups
Indy bolts
54mm powell mcgills PF) Swiss six

Pointy AS FUCK (didn't look that bad not gripped, but that shit always changes when you grip it).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 06:00:06 PM by Xen »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #16209 on: February 15, 2017, 06:49:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

YES!

I'm on the hunt for a stubby 'full' shape, the full shapes are perfect, the dimensions are wonky tho; no one wants a 32.25" 8.25, man...save that for the 8.3s"...or an 8.3 full with an almost 16" WB...wtf...a B16 with a slightly longer WB would be perfect (but at 32").

How'd I do it for fulls:

8.06" x31.75" 14" WB
8.18" x 31.875 - 14.25"WB
8.25 x 32 - 14.38 (no need to fuck with the perfect 8.25 dimensions just full that shit out don't mess with the WB...)
8.38 x 32.25 - 14.5" WB
8.5 x 32.45 - 14.65" WB or whatever the fuck is on the russo 8.3/walker 8.5/8.5 heavy weights I looked at today.

Some of the DLX dimensions are so off they have to be custom...8.28x32 with a 14" WB? really, wtf is that?

I had to step up to an 8.5 to get an 14.38 WB but the nose isn't as full as I'd like it...I swear I remember AH decks being fuller at the nose tip...I'm hoping it will visually fatten out over time...somehow I doubt it and I sort of regret not getting the Santa Cruz with the same dims but it looked a bit fuller....the russo 8.38 full looked awesome but that would be like steering a fucking boat with your face.

8.5 AH anderson w/MOB (and a piece of clear ML)
149 TI - bones med bottom/soft top riptide cups
Indy bolts
54mm powell mcgills PF) Swiss six

Pointy AS FUCK (didn't look that bad not gripped, but that shit always changes when you grip it).

Nice deck!

Maybe it's just the pic but what's up with your knock kneed axles???
Gentleman ninja warlock

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16210 on: February 15, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
the wonky axles are due to the perspective, happens all the time in this thread; they're straight as can be.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16211 on: February 16, 2017, 03:10:35 AM »
This has always been my dream shape. Back in the 90's I had a few Adrenaline decks that were pretty much this. These days the FA/Hockey 8.25 is pretty consistent with this.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16212 on: February 16, 2017, 03:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This has always been my dream shape. Back in the 90's I had a few Adrenaline decks that were pretty much this. These days the FA/Hockey 8.25 is pretty consistent with this.

Those adrenaline boards were the best ever. They felt odd at first then that's all I wanted to skate.

If Fa has "that shape" then I'm gonna have to buy FA
Gentleman ninja warlock

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16213 on: February 16, 2017, 04:59:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Those adrenaline boards were the best ever. They felt odd at first then that's all I wanted to skate.

I have the AA Hockey board up next. Haven't skated a PS in a long time I forget what that shape is like.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16214 on: February 16, 2017, 05:36:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I have the AA Hockey board up next. Haven't skated a PS in a long time I forget what that shape is like.

Hard to tell from an online catalogue but the hockey boards look exactly like the adrenaline shape I'm talking about.

If it truly is you're gonna love it.  Im mean assuming the wood quality is the same or similar.

Anyone know what wood adrenaline used?

Sfb if you haven't skated that shape it's odd at first. But I swear you'll love it. They just pop and control so well. No idea why it's not the industry standard? So much better than your typical popsicle
Gentleman ninja warlock

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16215 on: February 16, 2017, 06:01:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hard to tell from an online catalogue but the hockey boards look exactly like the adrenaline shape I'm talking about.

If it truly is you're gonna love it.  Im mean assuming the wood quality is the same or similar.

Sfb if you haven't skated that shape it's odd at first. But I swear you'll love it. They just pop and control so well. No idea why it's not the industry standard? So much better than your typical popsicle
The Adrenaline boards were slightly rounder on the nose and I think they were Bareback but I can't be sure. I still have a team graphic one in my parents garage that broke first day but the graphic is untouched. It wasn't the wood quality that let it down it was me stomping a pop shuv-it before the board had a chance the flex in a little. I went straight to purchase a Jaya Bonderov after.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16216 on: February 16, 2017, 06:17:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I skated a bunch of the first goalie mask graphic and liked that shape, so if it's the same we're in business.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16217 on: February 16, 2017, 07:26:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I skated a bunch of the first goalie mask graphic and liked that shape, so if it's the same we're in business.
I've had 8 FA/Hockey 8.25's and the only one that was even slightly different was the Gino class photo by a fraction of mm's tapering on the nose and tail. Don't even think it was deliberate.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16218 on: February 16, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
The Adrenaline boards were slightly rounder on the nose and I think they were Bareback but I can't be sure. I still have a team graphic one in my parents garage that broke first day but the graphic is untouched. It wasn't the wood quality that let it down it was me stomping a pop shuv-it before the board had a chance the flex in a little. I went straight to purchase a Jaya Bonderov after.

Damn!!!! You must have really stomped it too because those boards were tough!

If hockey boards are even more blunt I'd be shocked.  Or maybe it was just the particular board I had from adrenaline? I don't recall the graphic and can't seem to find an image online. I just remember the top ply was green and it was a Matt reason deck. I skated at least 10 in a row

The pop was incredible. And at the same time it kinda felt like a cruiser board,
Gentleman ninja warlock

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16219 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Damn!!!! You must have really stomped it too because those boards were tough!

If hockey boards are even more blunt I'd be shocked.  Or maybe it was just the particular board I had from adrenaline? I don't recall the graphic and can't seem to find an image online. I just remember the top ply was green and it was a Matt reason deck. I skated at least 10 in a row

The pop was incredible. And at the same time it kinda felt like a cruiser board,
It was this one that I broke. I can be a real lead foot, then and now.

I can't find the Jaya I replaced it with.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16220 on: February 16, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
For A brand I really was into, their graphics were mostly awful to me.
Had A few of this board

And this one too

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16221 on: February 16, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »
My right leg has been giving me some issues lately so I started skating this full time, such A fun set up

Black Label Auby Taylor Breakout 9.5 x 31.5 14.5 wb
Thunder 151 team hollows with bones hard bushings
Spitfire formula four conical full 55mm grosso
Bronson g3
Mob m80
bones rib bones
Modus allen hardware
blazer low gt/ishod dunk low/hi

BMCsteve

« Reply #16222 on: February 16, 2017, 03:19:47 PM »
LOVE that setup^

I've been skating wide shapes for the last few weeks and it's been a blast

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16223 on: February 16, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
I thought the short length would screw with me, but since I can't really nollie anyways(I can do some shuvs and nollie 5050 and very poor nollie tre's after 50 tries), it hasn't mattered.
It has this crazy light feel that makes my kickflips float pretty well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #16224 on: February 16, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »
wait, there's modern boards out there that feel like adrenaline shapes but the catch is I have to give dill my money?
[internal struggle]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16225 on: February 16, 2017, 04:38:33 PM »
wait, there's modern boards out there that feel like adrenaline shapes but the catch is I have to give dill my money?
[internal struggle]

Exactly my thoughts

Somebody else has to make that shape
Gentleman ninja warlock

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16226 on: February 16, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »
My right leg has been giving me some issues lately so I started skating this full time, such A fun set up

Black Label Auby Taylor Breakout 9.5 x 31.5 14.5 wb
Thunder 151 team hollows with bones hard bushings
Spitfire formula four conical full 55mm grosso
Bronson g3
Mob m80
bones rib bones
Modus allen hardware
blazer low gt/ishod dunk low/hi

Gonz Mermaid +1

I, too, setup boards to restrict my trick selection when I'm gimped....doesn't last very long ;)

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #16227 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
As someone who cares about WB more than just about anything else, it's nice a few companies do it, polar, NHS, PP, some dlx but that seems to have been forgotten since the fulls were released...just measured a russo yesterday, 8.38 full with a 14.63WB, crazy big.

SPoT and SW have WB measurements up but I've been burned by both of them before. @Skatewarhouse 14.44" isn't a WB, it's 14.5.

So few good shapes with a 14.3 wb (yup, right in the middle) - I wouldn't mind a 14.5 WB but that usually comes with super long lengths and long(er) noses.

.... You're pushing it too far. You cannot argue that you can see/feel a 0.06'' difference. You're a bitch if so.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #16228 on: February 17, 2017, 06:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

.... You're pushing it too far. You cannot argue that you can see/feel a 0.06'' difference. You're a bitch if so.

yeah seriously
good come sausage

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #16229 on: February 17, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

HE'S SAYING THEY'RE MEASURING/LABELING WRONG