Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 33413 times)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2012, 12:16:01 PM »
Bane sounded like a condescending Sean Connery.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
Hardy was an excellent Bane. The writing for his character was superb and really helped showcase that Bane was the overall worst dude you'd ever tangle with. Everything from the quick remarks, to the overall nonchalant approach of killing his own men (the plane scene, the scene in the sewer where he kills one of his own men, then tells the other one "Search him. Then I'll kill you.", and the guy obeys).
I was hoping there would be more about why his men were so willing to die for him, was it because of the utopia or whatever that he promised? I agree with all of your view on bane btw. I liked his voice a lot.

and whoever was talking about the police clash- that clearly was the lamest part of the movie. On top of the first points made, if people in the city really wanted to take out these guys, why couldn't they do the exact same thing? Why does it take emaciated, been living in their own shit for months, cops to do it? Whatever though, I still liked the movie overall.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »
I was hoping there would be more about why his men were so willing to die for him

It's implied that the members of The League of Shadows will willingly sacrifice themselves for the greater cause.

I loved Bane's voice too.  What would some of you have him sound like?  Vin Diesel?  He's supposed to sound the way he did, in my opinion.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:30 PM »
Expand Quote
I was hoping there would be more about why his men were so willing to die for him
[close]

It's implied that the members of The League of Shadows will willingly sacrifice themselves for the greater cause.

I loved Bane's voice too.  What would some of you have him sound like?  Vin Diesel?  He's supposed to sound the way he did, in my opinion.
That makes sense. Its a very anti-communist sort of message eh?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
Does anyone know why Bane hooked up Dr Pavel to an IV in the plane scene? I just remembered that I never really figured that part out.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »
Does anyone know why Bane hooked up Dr Pavel to an IV in the plane scene? I just remembered that I never really figured that part out.
Pretty sure they were taking some of his blood to make it look like he died in the plane crash.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Pretty sure they were taking some of his blood to make it look like he died in the plane crash.

ding ding ding

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »
I felt a weird pang in my gut when he took Pavel and told one of his underlings to stay behind on the plane (just to keep the body count right when people search the wreck) and the poor dude looked at Bane like he was god

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »
^ That's why I liked the movie. Bane was developed to be such a terrifying villain.

According to a friend, this is a story board they chose not to put in the movie:

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »
Nolan would've never let that scene come to fruition. I think he even refused to alter any of the scenes or audio that Heath filmed for the Dark Knight out of respect for Heath's performance. All though it would've been cool to see a nod to the joker in some way, no idea how it would be done tastefully though.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
It would've made for an awesome scene, but without Ledger starring as the Joker, it wouldn't be decent. Would the Joker would've even wanted to live in Gotham after Bane over threw it? He'd probably just go find a new city to flip on it's head.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
Obviously it would only work if it were Ledger, but I like the idea of it, like Bane letting everybody out to raise hell, but even he's not fucked up enough to let the joker out into the chaos.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: July 27, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »
Seeing it again tomorrow, non IMAX this time, which I am somewhat looking forward too. The switch from 72 to 35 was really jarring at times, with the most noticeable part at the end of Bane and Batmans final fight when they take it inside

Just a thought

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #253 on: July 27, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
It's been eight years. Joker probably got his as shanked for the stunt with the boats and the inmates.

And that Batman Beyond poster is sick, but he looks a lot like Spider-Man 2099 with all the red.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: July 27, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »
In the comics he has a regular room at arkham and tends to survive due to his ability to manipulate prisoners

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #255 on: July 27, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »
I think I may have missed my chance to see it in imax in my area. Bummed.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2012, 06:25:00 AM »
In the comics he has a regular room at arkham and tends to survive due to his ability to manipulate prisoners

I was only trying to fill in a very big blank in the movie series due to Ledger's death. I used to work at a comic book store mayn, I'm well aware of comic Joker's shenanigans. It is a little frustrating there's no reference to him at all, since they reference two major events he was responsible for. Even some trophy case with some of his weapons would have been cool, kinda like the Arkham games.

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
It was entertaining. I liked aspects of it but it seemed a lot less polished than TDK. I guess that's just what happens when you try to follow up the Joker with a glorified henchman (at least that's the way the movie portrays him). I am definitely super burnt out on superhero movies though, so I'm probably just way too cynical about this shit.

I was pretty unimpressed with the whole cops storming city hall sequence. They emerge after months trapped underground in sewers, and suddenly you see them all clean-shaven, with perfectly pressed uniforms. Then they all run in a column at a bunch of heavily armed goons, literally 3-4 of them go down before the whole thing turns into a convenient fist-fight just in time for Batman to waltz in. Nitpicking I know, but it seemed pretty sloppy.

Worse though, were the romance subplots. Talia/Tate shows up at his door, for reasons that weren't made clear or I don't remember, and they fuck, for reasons that weren't made clear or I don't remember. Then without any real justification, Bruce repeatedly puts heaps of trust in Selina/Catwoman before running off with her? I guess there's probably some explanation buried away in the relentless expository dialogue (good ol' Christopher), but they both seemed ridiculously underdeveloped. Which is a pretty weird critique to have to make about a 2 1/2 hour movie.

yep. everyone who has ever watched saving private ryan knows what really happens if you open fire at a crowd of people. they dont run up and punch you in the face...

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

monkeyshit

• Rep: -7
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
I hated this fucking movie such a disappointment after the dark knight he started going downhill with inception
"Fuck you niggers I voted for obama."

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2012, 12:18:35 PM »
I'm so bummed they changed his voice. When I saw the prologue in front of Mission Impossible III, I fucking loved Bane's voice. Was it hard to understand? Of course, but I thought that that added to his character much more. I was strained to hear what he was saying and I felt it made him that much more intimidating. His voice was much more British sounding and mechanical which added to his unfaltering maniacal precision. Anyway, now you guys can be the judge. Listen to the original "No! They'll expect one of us in the wreckage, Brother!". I love it. Here's hoping for an option on the DVD with all the original cuts of his voice.

Bane's voice comparison before/after:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-before-and-after-comparison-of-banes-voice-plus-deleted-scene-details-20120728
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 03:11:29 PM by dude »

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
Absolutely loved it. Like many here, I loved Bane, the voice was fantastic I thought, Tom Hardy was cast perfectly. Also had no idea how they would pull catwoman off, but Nolan did it, and very well at that, Hathaway was the perfect mix of flirty, sensitive and mischievous.  Despite only having about 10 minutes screen time, I really thought Cillian Murphy again outdid himself as the scarecrow, the ruffled feather on the right side of the judges gown was the icing on the cake and he was as creepy as ever. And like always, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine were superb (Caine had me fighting back tears at numerous moments) Oldman, Caine and Freeman have been the backbone to all three films, absolutely subtly solid performances throughout. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was great too, despite the fudged ending. It tied up the whole trilogy well all in all though, some plotholes/flaws, but that's expected.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
Awesome movie as expected, but the ending did feel a little rushed. Bruce wayne's "burial" and the caf? scene were too close together to really give you the idea bruce/batman had actually died in the explosion. it would've been more satisfying if he were actually dead, but batman saved gotham once and for all, and the whole robin bit would've been left out. would've been really epic to end the trilogy on a dark note. Also agree that the inception-esque michael caine-only ending would've been better than actually seeing bruce and selina together. Also, when bane and his henchmen escape from wall street it's light out, but "within 8 minutes" according to the movie, it's totally dark out (during the motorcycle chase). That was a pretty big flaw.

When batman and catwoman kiss in full constume, people were clapping. and here, NO ONE fucking claps at the movies, so that was pretty epic.

An awesome movie with a few flaws but all in all an awesome way to end the trilogy. can't wait to get my hands on some special edition blu-ray for all the extras.

no one did that in mine but some guy next to me did say "come on batman, stop snogging the lady and save the town" haha
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
Holy fucking shit.

Whether you disliked the movie or not. Watch this trailer, captures so much about whats good in the Nolan franchise. Fuck made me want to watch it in its entirety right now.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Finally got around to seeing it. I wasn't in to it, but then comic book fantasy stuff isn't really my thing, so I didn't have high hopes. I thought Banes character was pretty awesome. The right amount of creepy, insane, and brilliant. I think I would have liked it a lot more if Batman and Catwoman weren't... Batman and Catwoman. Seeing costumes like those immediately take me out of the movie, I just see adults wearing capes and spandex, and I feel like I'm watching a high school play. I know it's regular to say the Batman movie would have been better without Batman, but for me it would have been more enjoyable with a less silly hero. Again, I know I went to a Batman movie and am complaining about the Batman, which is really fucking stupid. Also, I really don't like Christian Bale when he's Batman. I can't take the overacting.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2012, 09:36:04 PM »
This video has been going around. Go to 1:30 of this Tom Waits interview and think about Ledger as the Joker.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:23 PM »
Holy fucking shit.

Whether you disliked the movie or not. Watch this trailer, captures so much about whats good in the Nolan franchise. Fuck made me want to watch it in its entirety right now.

It does really show how in this series, each movie played a role in a larger story, which makes it better than any superhero series ever. Most of them follow this formula: First one is backstory, every one afterwards takes place in a world where they simply exist as superheroes and just face new villains, eventually the franchise loses steam and kinda fizzles away...

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »
This video has been going around. Go to 1:30 of this Tom Waits interview and think about Ledger as the Joker.

Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw. There's this other interview I saw a few years back with Waits in the 1970's or '80's that I can't find (I thought it was with Ed Sullivan but I was wrong) where he has a similar disconnected, do-as-I-please air to him. This may have been it, but if not, I'd like to see how it compares with this topic.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2012, 06:07:49 AM »
Just saw it and I'll admit it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Exceeded my expectations and didn't think it had a chance at topping The Dark Knight but it somehow did. Only part I didn't like in the movie was how they killed off Bane's character. I was hoping for an epic showdown considering he is the main villain but just gets shot by a fucking cannon.

Favourite part was probably at the end when you find out Joseph Gordon-Levitt is actually Robin. Will they make a Batman and Robin movie now???

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #268 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »
I would love to hear some of those first test voices for Bane with the fluid and what not.

BRIX SKWIKZ