Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364871 times)

InkkeACAB, ElonMuskaBeats (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

citycity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -103
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3270 on: May 09, 2024, 06:26:40 PM »
Plenty of things to criticize but I still think seeing Jeron or anyone of that caliber stoked on something is really cool!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #3271 on: May 09, 2024, 07:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jeron really adds nothing to the show.
[close]

I recall him once saying something along the lines of “… you hit the tail right on the donkey…”.
[close]
Was that on the Mikey Taylor episode?

Damn dude, trying to eat my dinner.  ;D

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3272 on: May 09, 2024, 07:28:06 PM »
just watched a little of the live.

who the fuck would buy a box (10 packs) of all yuto horigome cards for $100+?

getting a card with a piece of his gross ass beanie makes it even less desirable

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3273 on: May 09, 2024, 08:12:22 PM »
who the fuck would buy an nft in general and how are they still a thing? shit is stupid.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3274 on: May 09, 2024, 08:32:13 PM »
who the fuck would buy an nft in general and how are they still a thing? shit is stupid.
i don’t think they really are but mike mo and them are still trying to sell them

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3275 on: May 09, 2024, 09:08:28 PM »

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #3276 on: May 09, 2024, 11:40:07 PM »

getting a card with a piece of his gross ass beanie makes it even less desirable

I’m interested to hear what rkulla thinks of NFTs?
Guy donated a lot of money to the show so I have a feeling NFTs might be in his stockpile of Yeti bottles too…

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #3277 on: May 11, 2024, 01:48:13 AM »
Jeron really adds nothing to the show. I like the guy but he doesn't really contribute much. Chris is the host and Kelly has good questions and Rog is an encyclopaedia. Maybe it's different on the other shows they do, haven't watched for a while

I don't agree.
He does take the bench when it comes to full interviews, although he will get involved if he has a close connection to the guest which is cool.

Personally, I like Jeron. He's the one person on the show that has an opinion and knows how to express it without coming across as an idiot or a prick.

What he said recently about videos and companies these days neglecting the team aspect is true. It's nothing new now but almost all the videos that come out these days are singular parts or quickly put together montages. Surely this has an impact on the skateboard market and brand recognition and identity.

I must say, the most recent Budget or Buttery segment was budget. Chris repeated at least three ideas to vibe off and it really sucked the energy away. I've suggested loads of ideas via their discord but it's down to Chris and his eye to pick them. Maybe the segment needs to get retired for something new?

The Nine Club has done a couple of video screenings back to back (Fulfill the dream and Welcome to hell) and this segment has great potential for their viewing audience. But they also need to diversify. It would be cool to screen something like Public Domain but you know Kelly was an infant when that dropped so his participation might be challenging. Anyway, one to watch.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -292
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3278 on: May 11, 2024, 02:08:05 PM »

First of all it’s a Moncler balaclava

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #3279 on: May 11, 2024, 02:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeron really adds nothing to the show. I like the guy but he doesn't really contribute much. Chris is the host and Kelly has good questions and Rog is an encyclopaedia. Maybe it's different on the other shows they do, haven't watched for a while
[close]

I don't agree.
He does take the bench when it comes to full interviews, although he will get involved if he has a close connection to the guest which is cool.

Personally, I like Jeron. He's the one person on the show that has an opinion and knows how to express it without coming across as an idiot or a prick.

What he said recently about videos and companies these days neglecting the team aspect is true. It's nothing new now but almost all the videos that come out these days are singular parts or quickly put together montages. Surely this has an impact on the skateboard market and brand recognition and identity.

I must say, the most recent Budget or Buttery segment was budget. Chris repeated at least three ideas to vibe off and it really sucked the energy away. I've suggested loads of ideas via their discord but it's down to Chris and his eye to pick them. Maybe the segment needs to get retired for something new?

The Nine Club has done a couple of video screenings back to back (Fulfill the dream and Welcome to hell) and this segment has great potential for their viewing audience. But they also need to diversify. It would be cool to screen something like Public Domain but you know Kelly was an infant when that dropped so his participation might be challenging. Anyway, one to watch.

was thinking about this the other day, but Jeron definitely is a lot more vocal on the live show. Maybe im biased because i am a big fan of those dudes as skateboarders, so its interesting to tune into what theyve been upto post (ish?) career.

Also in regards to the missing team element, sometimes I wonder if thats why I like the GX videos so much. You always see the homies in the background, and they drop stuff somewhat regularly. Feel like theyre in every fourth thrasher or something

also

With all the talk about Roberts' nosegrind in NY claims ive been thinking; is Jeron the only one of them who's somewhat still got it? Dude still has pop and is proper from what ive seen more recently. I get Roberts whole schtick, but I do wonder if maybe he does still got something cooking

Sucks that Kelly's hip is whatever it is

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 91
« Reply #3280 on: May 11, 2024, 08:08:54 PM »
Roger is the best skater on the show

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3281 on: May 11, 2024, 10:05:19 PM »
Do skateboarders still wear trucker hats? I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3282 on: May 11, 2024, 11:18:22 PM »
I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.
I mean, WHO can you even look to for guidance anymore?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3283 on: May 12, 2024, 07:09:24 AM »
I couldn't read every post but I watch every show now

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #3284 on: May 12, 2024, 10:37:58 AM »
Expand Quote
I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.
[close]
I mean, WHO can you even look to for guidance anymore?!?
Poor kids these days…
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Mallie

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3285 on: May 12, 2024, 02:23:18 PM »
'Scuse me, hi...I just have a few questions after skimming through the last couple of pages, so I'd just like to ask when's Mr. Kulla in? On which days does he entertain our inquiries?
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

status

• Rep: -12
« Reply #3286 on: May 13, 2024, 09:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't agree.

I like having Jeron around. He's at his best on the live show for his input. The interview shows he's ok at but generally for any podcast with 3ish hosts, there's usually at least one who takes a backseat.

When he shares an opinion, I respect what he says because he's not afraid to say it and does it in a way that's respectful. It also tends to be a different perspective than the others due to his industry ties.

His caliber of talent and being OG adds a TON of value to the show. He's respected in the industry and legendary imo. Like if he says something controversial, the industry will still love him and no bad blood. He's developed a solid reputation over the years and can be honest which is refreshing.

Although, I agree, Budget or Buttery needs to be spun off into a new segment that's Jeron specific. Maybe it's one question related to his perspective of the industry. Where he can just riff for a while. For example: his thoughts on companies churning board graphics every 5 seconds these days vs. allowing a small run of solid graphics to sell for a longer period of time. Or does he feel the barrier to entry for pro status is too low these days? Or why do guys get lazy once the go from am to pro and what can they do to fix that? Could be like an "ask jeron" segment where he shares opinions and advice.

Him being on the show adds an element of credibility. As much as I love Kelly/Roj/Chris, Jeron is needed on the show for several reasons. And I like his calmness. Kelly is a fun/funny skate bro, Jeron is wise/chill, Roj is knowledgable and hilarious with the random one liners, Chris keeps the ship running. I like the dynamic for the most part.

Wish slap would stop being so hard on Jeron. he's a good dude. Let him cook on the live shows, he's got some interesting perspectives.

status

• Rep: -12
« Reply #3287 on: May 13, 2024, 10:00:01 AM »
I'd also kill for a skatehoarders type show on the nine club. not sure if they can bc transworld has it but their episodes are so few and far between. it sucks because i feel i gotta wait for months/years for an ep. roj would prob be perfect at hosting it too

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #3288 on: May 13, 2024, 10:12:03 AM »
Is "Jaebing" buttery or budget?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3289 on: May 13, 2024, 11:21:15 AM »
I'd also kill for a skatehoarders type show on the nine club. not sure if they can bc transworld has it but their episodes are so few and far between. it sucks because i feel i gotta wait for months/years for an ep. roj would prob be perfect at hosting it too

Transworkd is just a youtube channel bow right ?
check my music

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Can I still be the janitor?
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3291 on: May 13, 2024, 02:44:16 PM »
Is "Jaebing" buttery or budget?

Buttery as fuck, always

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #3292 on: May 13, 2024, 03:22:55 PM »
my problem with Jeron is he uses way too many redundant words or sentences to get to the eventual point and even at the end of it he'll just throw in a 'know what i mean?"

Shuh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3293 on: May 14, 2024, 09:39:47 PM »
Well we getting a Jeron Bunt episode coming up, so i definitely be listening

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3294 on: May 14, 2024, 11:03:29 PM »
So why doesn't Nine Club get current, young dudes on the show?  Do they not know they exist?  Do youngens hate the Nine Club?   It's the only path to stay relevant and some kind of eye on the future.  I love how the Bunt lets you get to know current dudes. 

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #3295 on: May 15, 2024, 12:57:57 AM »
So why doesn't Nine Club get current, young dudes on the show?  Do they not know they exist?  Do youngens hate the Nine Club?   It's the only path to stay relevant and some kind of eye on the future.  I love how the Bunt lets you get to know current dudes.

they do every now and then

last episode was margie didal, who is a current, young skater

5 episodes back they had fresh pro brian reid on

last year they had on nikolai piombo, carl aikens, lil dre, patrick praman

they do older skaters for the most part, but those are the dudes with all the stories.

i don't mind that at all, the bunt gets more current skaters and an occassional old guy and the nine club is for the old guys with an occassional new guy in between.

shredflanders

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3296 on: May 15, 2024, 07:35:37 AM »
my problem with Jeron is he uses way too many redundant words or sentences to get to the eventual point and even at the end of it he'll just throw in a 'know what i mean?"

That’s my biggest issue too. I know I’ve posted this before, in this exact thread, but goddamn what a convoluted way to ask Henry “What were early EMB days like?”

“ Skateboarding’s come so far, since then, obviously and a lot of tricks that we probably were like “nah shit ain’t gonna never be done” are being done now. You know? Um. But what made, what for you, in a sense of like how EMB was… just… transpiring to what it was, like, being that you’re probably one of the guys, when it was first kind of like, you know, on the undertaking of being like, what it was. How was that and how did that come about? You know what I mean? Of you just skating there? You know what I mean? Like…

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3297 on: May 15, 2024, 12:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s my biggest issue too. I know I’ve posted this before, in this exact thread, but goddamn what a convoluted way to ask Henry “What were early EMB days like?”

“ Skateboarding’s come so far, since then, obviously and a lot of tricks that we probably were like “nah shit ain’t gonna never be done” are being done now. You know? Um. But what made, what for you, in a sense of like how EMB was… just… transpiring to what it was, like, being that you’re probably one of the guys, when it was first kind of like, you know, on the undertaking of being like, what it was. How was that and how did that come about? You know what I mean? Of you just skating there? You know what I mean? Like…
He’s paid on a per word basis.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 102
« Reply #3298 on: May 15, 2024, 01:27:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gotta get them syllables up man.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

Hick Roward

• Rep: -18
« Reply #3299 on: May 15, 2024, 07:21:21 PM »
No episode this Sunday?